Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

heathercho

Original Election - DO NOT STEAL
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Times and some prat named Ed Conway being utterly fucking exceptional with a hot take. Wu Flu is grand because it'll kill off the old who are 'climate deniers' and stop the economy. I'm happy to consign people who live in glee at the concept of being reduced to a stone age full of young people with Media Studies degrees back to the stone age, frankly. Right now. No electricity, transport beyond a donkey or their feet, central heating or modern medicine for any of them.

View attachment 1176385

I can understand Regular Joe Smoothbrain holding autistic opinions like "Trump's a racist", but seriously imagine being this hateful. This unable to put differences aside to be this vicious.
Wanting to see people die or lose their livelihood because Orange man bad and muh climate autism... really something else.

Iuz

Chair of the Oreth Diversity Commission.
kiwifarms.net
The Tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist in me says liberal politicians are puporsley mishandling the disease hoping to infect all the old people who vote more conservatively.

To bad that's not how cytokine storms work if Corona starts going all Malthusian correction vie that method.

Barry Scott

kiwifarms.net
As terrible as what it is you say, it in a terrifying way sounds authentic. I gotta ask - are you for real? Are they really just telling people to self-isolate and not go to a hospital? That parade is really going ahead?? That is madness.

To answer your first question, of course they wouldn't be telling people to go to the hospital, it would only affect more people. The problem is their current plan is you're told to ring your GP (doctor). Your doctor will then tell you to contact the national health number, who, when you ring, will tell you to contact your GP. If you say you have, they'll pretty much say "sure, just self-isolate for a few days, it could be a flu" even if you're dying. Look it up on /r/ireland, while it may be anecdotal I have no doubt in my mind it's true, considering how woefully shit the public health service in Ireland is.

To put some perspective on things, the country for the past few years has been facing a massive health service crisis. Even in the past year before the coronavirus waiting times in the Accident & Emergency department can be up to twelve hours, but the main thing is there's not enough beds in the hospitals. Sick, or injured people are literally put on those trolleys they wheel you in on/to an operation on in the hallways. Elderly people have died waiting for assistance. The whole health service is massively underfunded, which has seen a large "brain drain" with nurses and doctors migrating to England, Canada and Australia.

Want to be a nurse? Oh, you're not going to be just a nurse. You're going to be doing the job of 3 nurses because there's not enough, and some other duties too like porting patients around. Want to be a doctor? Enjoy having to get the maximum amount of points in your Leaving Cert possible (final secondary school exams) passing college, then at the end of it all, having to be a junior doctor for a few years, in which your shifts will last 24 HOURS at a time. Seriously. Someone I know who was sick with cancer and had to use a walker was once led down the hall to their bed by a junior doctor, who halfway through had a microsleep and promptly fell against the wall. As they told me, this person looked more on death's door than they were.

OK, now I've given you a perspective on the Irish public health service. Factor in that there's an incredibly low amount of ICU beds, you can see how this is going to be a shitshow.

To answer your second question, in terms of parades, local towns are starting to come out now and cancel their parades, and rightly so. But I guarantee the show will go on in Dublin. Last time it was cancelled was because of Foot and Mouth disease in 2001, which Ireland contained to a great degree, with only a few sheep being having to be culled in one county. Unlike the UK, which lost a shitload of cattle and sheep to it, and cost them billions in the agricultural sector. And that's just it, the farmer's lobby doesn't care enough as they're rural and won't be affected, and this won't affect agricultural exports, so the government, which we don't really have at the moment because the recent election evened the parties out so there's no majority, doesn't care enough about the human cost. The ex-Taoiseach (Prime Minister) who still sort of serves said that there was no worry about public gatherings. So in good news his neoliberalist shitshow of a party is going to be tanked in the next election.

But it's not just Paddy's Day. The Irish Dancing World Championships take place in early April. I would hope that by that stage they'll cancel it because that event attracts thousands of people with Irish descent from around the world to one cramped convention centre in Dublin for 10 days. I hope the exponential growth of the virus at that stage will stop it from happening because it will be a big supplement to the parades fiasco.

In short, Ireland has always had a "sure, it'll be grand" attitude to everything. This time it's going to bite the country in the arse.

Rogue Boob

Fantabulous Flying Flupa
kiwifarms.net
Heard this morning it's finally appeared in VA. The schools here are still ticking, so I assume this happened somewhere closer to the Swamp (DC and similar).

What pisses me off is the only coverage I'm seeing at all is political, with people reeing at Trump for somehow causing this to happen (who else remembers Dubya Did Katrina?). As if everything else in the world stops being normal in an election year?? Fuckin stop, msm.

Friendly reminder for fellow Americans, it's still cold and flu season, the weather this time of year is all over the damn place, and we're entering pollen time. Whatever civilian panic happens will be a wild ride, if people scream at everyone who sneezes.

greengrilledcheese

Free, White, and 21
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A hospital near me had boxes of N95s mysteriously go missing from central supply and that door is locked with a keypad. Only nurses and EVS know the code, so...

Is it a digital lock or one of the Simplex ones that you push mechanical buttons?

If it's the latter, it could be anyone using a magnet:

Apologies if it's already answered, I'm still catching up.

heathercho

Original Election - DO NOT STEAL
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There are stupid and dangerous things being said on tv about the virus like “it’s just like the flu”, “it’s contained”, “we have a million test kits” (we don’t), “the vaccine is just a few months away”, “people who are sick recover by going to work”, etc.

It’s not “politicizing” to call out how stupid, misinformed, and dangerous it is to say that on national televsion to people who are low information and don’t have critical thinking.

It is just like the flu because it literally is the flu.
Corona virus is the flu in many cases.
Don't contribute to the gaggle of autists being extra. This whole thing is being hyped coz the 24/7 news cycle wants it to be.

Salade Nicoise

A healthy French lunch.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Imagine.... just fucking imagine... being a doctor, recently returning from overseas travel in the midst of a pandemic, developing flu like symptoms and having the AUDACITY to go to work as normal.

What a prick. I mean even if it was just standard flu... bro. Come on. He consulted about 70 patients, including two in nursing homes. Consequently, his clinic is currently shuttered.

garakfan69

Conjuring up money from lazy hoes
kiwifarms.net
Outside China:

21184 confirmed / 406 dead / 1923 recovered

15561 / 339 / 1547 yesterday

Iran:

4747 confirmed / 124 dead / 913 recovered

3513 / 107 / 739 yesterday

USA:

332 confirmed / 14 dead / 8 recovered

233 / 12 / 8 yesterday

That 15th dead in the USA isnt listed yet.
Meanwhile, Taiwan has 45 confirmed / 1 dead / 12 recovered.
How do you do worse than a country right next to China with a ton of travel between them?

dopy

King Neptune's Chosen People
kiwifarms.net
Can these numbskulls please stop going on fucking vacations and getting the whole world diseased?
1583544483700.png

The fact that the whole world is affected by a country, with a history of being manipulated by dickless cunts in its bureaucracy, has me reeling. Fuck China.

Thank you, Dr. Purr. Very cool.

get used to it, because once the yuan becomes the world reserve currency it really will be numba wan and shit like this will be not only a relatively common occurrence but continually downplayed by the media and you will be called a bigot for criticizing it
This whole thing is being hyped coz the 24/7 news cycle wants it to be.
you don't prevent a pandemic by waiting until after it happens, which we're all going to learn over the next 3-6 months

Comandante Marcos

Viva la gente loca!
kiwifarms.net
The Times and some prat named Ed Conway being utterly fucking exceptional with a hot take. Wu Flu is grand because it'll kill off the old who are 'climate deniers' and stop the economy. I'm happy to consign people who live in glee at the concept of being reduced to a stone age full of young people with Media Studies degrees back to the stone age, frankly. Right now. No electricity, transport beyond a donkey or their feet, central heating or modern medicine for any of them.

View attachment 1176385
Go archive that puppy. The full article. NOW. Then report back with the link. I SO want to read the whole thing. Yeah, vastly overpopulated England-where all the land is owned by the Queen or by her buddies the Dukes of WTF, and where the vast majority of exceptionals royal subjects have zero clue how to do anything except, well, not very fucking much, certainly not shit like farming and working in factories, since there haven't been any of either in England since WW2, you know, shit that actually feeds people-is gonna lead a new Industrial Revolution. In the end it will be the Islamic Republic of New Arabia, the few remaining ethnic English will be headless bodies or dhimmin (non-Muslim slaves to Muslims and second class citizens), and the entire country will be a 7th century paradise where accidentally dropping your Quran on the ground gets your head chopped off on the spot. Yeah dumbshits, bring it on. Oh, and get your Learn Arabic In 30 Days books before the rush. Also, I want to see what the Muslims do when deprived of Handycams and the internet to sperg their suicide bombing vidya on.

remiem

The Lost Temple
kiwifarms.net
Outside China:

21184 confirmed / 406 dead / 1923 recovered

15561 / 339 / 1547 yesterday

Iran:

4747 confirmed / 124 dead / 913 recovered

3513 / 107 / 739 yesterday

USA:

332 confirmed / 14 dead / 8 recovered

233 / 12 / 8 yesterday

That 15th dead in the USA isnt listed yet.

Iran is really out here just making shit up aren't they.

Why it is that Canada and American cases seem to be so long for recovery? It seems like Canada has had some cases for a while and the recovered number is still very low, same with the USA. Although many news reports, especially in Canada, say the cases are mild and they are isolating at home. Are they being more particular about what 'recovered' means? What's the actual specifics of recovered because it seems like thee more developed places Can/US/SK are very slow with labeling someone as recovered while Iran and China be claiming huge jumps of recovered people.

I still believe the 'reinfection' seen elsewhere was really that people just aren't fully recovered, not really being reinfected, and thus testing positive still so I kind of get it but how long does this linger for 🤔 even if it was a 'mild case'. Even looking at SK numbers they're only at 108 recovered and I assume the 6000 or so confirmed to have it aren't all in active stages of dying. Just the usual isolating at home for quite a few of them but really, what are the criteria for recovery? until you test negative multiple times?

FuckedUp

Done with this autism chamber
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@FuckedUp
Do you not have anything better to do than browse a 618-page thread to rate entire pages of posts "dumb" regardless of content? If you think the virus freakout is dumb and unwarranted, okay my dude, but goddamn. You know you've given that rating to people who are also against the freakout, right? If you wish we'd all chill out, cool, try it out for yourself. Your activity feed is embarrassing.

Wash your hands, don't eat bats, relax and don't get coofed on.
Yeah, my bad.