Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

BiggusDickus

kiwifarms.net
And yet Iran is admitting that quite a few of their top leadership has died. Which is kind of shocking for them. I mean their head terrorist the leader of the Basij died today and they announced it. You know the guy that kept the masses in check by massacring Iranian protesters last year. You would think that if anything they might want to hold back on letting everyone know that their fearless and bloodthirsty attack dog who will kill anyone who complains is dead?
Suleimani got off lucky. Death by hellfire missile must be quicker than being confined to bed to coof while slowly being unable to breathe. He also doesn't have to watch his fellows slowly get sick and join them eventually to coof.

ditto

kiwifarms.net
Suleimani got off lucky. Death by hellfire missile must be quicker than being confined to bed to coof while slowly being unable to breathe. He also doesn't have to watch his fellows slowly get sick and join them eventually to coof.
If Suleimani had lived he no doubt would've been infected and then travelled back to Syria, Iraq etc. spreading it further.

Saxxon

Sperging on the internet is the future of society
kiwifarms.net
Don't know if I am late with this but many Italians are running away and they are doing it quick:
Here's the video:

I mean sure, this won't help spread the virus even further but who gives a fuck right?

Muttnik

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
Don't know if I am late with this but many Italians are running away and they are doing it quick:
Here's the video:
View attachment 1178419

I mean sure, this won't help spread the virus even further but who gives a fuck right?

I really don't understand why people can't just stay put for a few weeks and fuck around online, maybe read a few books, pick up a new hobby at home, that shit. This is selfish and only risks further spread.

I have relatives actually LOOKING FORWARD to being stuck at home because of how exhausted their jobs make them. Working downtown eats you alive and they would personally kill for a few weeks of mandatory paid leave where they can laze about and have all the time in the world to just chill out.

Salade Nicoise

A healthy French lunch.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really don't understand why people can't just stay put for a few weeks and fuck around online, maybe read a few books, pick up a new hobby at home, that shit. This is selfish and only risks further spread.
Honestly, an imposed 'stay the fuck home' sounds lovely right about now. But I say this as a person with #BackyardPrivilege :lunacy:

Catch up on all the TV, back log of books, some vidya. Lovely jubbly.

ETA: No gym would/will suck - not sure how gyms are gonna cope going forward (mine is a fucking petri dish, as most are). No long dog walks would suck. It would probably hit the pups more than me.

Muttnik

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, an imposed 'stay the fuck home' sounds lovely right about now. But I say this as a person with #BackyardPrivilege :lunacy:

Catch up on all the TV, back log of books, some vidya. Lovely jubbly.

ETA: No gym would/will suck. No long dog walks would suck. It probably hit the pups more than me.

Like I said, I understand the sensation of getting stir-crazy but there are literally infinite ways you can entertain yourself without being out and about, especially if you're with your family at home. Some of the best time I ever spent with my family growing up was during major hurricanes that left us stuck inside for weeks on end. We got a generator and a portable DVD player and watched every MST3K episode under the sun. It was cozy as fuck.

LegoTugboat

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Surely, even with quarantine, you can buy groceries and food online, and get them delivered. May not be to the door, but surely the drivers'll be fine with putting them by the fence or the letterbox and sending you a message saying they've dropped it.

And with smart TVs and smartphones rising, you've got things to watch/fap to.

Or you can keep shitposting like we do. Quarantine's in no way as bad as it was back in the day.

pairaducks

The original lurker
kiwifarms.net

I have relatives actually LOOKING FORWARD to being stuck at home because of how exhausted their jobs make them. Working downtown eats you alive and they would personally kill for a few weeks of mandatory paid leave where they can laze about and have all the time in the world to just chill out.
ngl that spoiler is kinda me. I have a roommate and we have plenty of board games and I have my workout equiptment.. Would be comfy as fuck.

Coleslaw

kiwifarms.net

2021Murder

SEVP of Outreach for Trovo.live
kiwifarms.net
And this dude was a "Professor of Military History"? Really? I suppose what they say is true, "those who can, do. those who don't know jack shit about anything, teach". At least at the College level.

Just to understand, When the US has fought wars in the 20th Century and beyond, extended supply chain and spare parts is and always has been the problem they face. This was completely baked into the US war planning and operations during WW2. If you look at the various tanks of the war for example, you will notice a huge number of extremely exotic German designs. If you dig down further you would be hard pressed to find more than 5 or 6 individual specimens of any given model German tanks out of the entirety of their armored forces, that were built exactly the same, all with the same parts. The Germans were making constant production changes every day. This meant that often tanks and similar machines had to be sent back to the factory for service. While the Brits weren't quite that bad, they like the German's maintained a habit of frequent production and design changes throughout the production lifecycle. Whereas the entire US production system was predicated on the core problem that what was being produced was being sent to the far corners of the earth, with no ability to readily bring it back for repairs or modifications. So every unit produced had to work. It had to be the same as and share all core components with others of its kind. And it had to be field servicable with a minimal amount of tools. This is why there are not the vast variants of US Sherman Tanks like there are of German Panzers. Those building them knew they were being sent to remote places in Europe, Africa and the Pacific. The US Army and Navy procurement system maintained fairly rigid version controls. And mandated extensive testing before rolling major changes out. The Problem that your professor says the US has never faced, was the exact problem that the US perfected solving. (The actual problem that the US has never faced in war is material resource constraints. Since the US is largely resource and energy independent within its own borders.)

As for stores being cleaned out. Any time the news reports the Northeast is going to be hit with a Blizzard it happens.

This was 5+ years and a shit load of braincells ago so i was paraphrasing, also he was talking post ww2, hence a comparison with the Soviets. Like doesnt the abrams tank need like 1000 hours of work for 2 hours of use or some insane shit like that?

The good news is that this seems to be slowing down/lots more recovering outside of china. This is maxing out at 2% kill rate. This might legitimately be dealt with by june

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
China has had the worst pollution problems in the world for so long and they refuse to fix them.

With Corona Chan, I don't think it's so much hatred of China as it is Wuhan not taking care of their fucking hygiene and being disgusting.

Stay inside and wash your hands lol.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The good news is that this seems to be slowing down/lots more recovering outside of china. This is maxing out at 2% kill rate. This might legitimately be dealt with by june

Until sentinel testing is in place we won't have a good idea of the community infection rate, but I'm starting to see credible predictions of a 1.5% fatality rate in countries with good healthcare systems.

I guess we continue to wait and see.

AltisticRight

Free 🌽 202 E 37th St VA, Richmond, 901-922-9912
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It probably arose in China. Most pandemic flu does.
you know what’s funny? I looked up the original papers a few weeks back because someone was arguing about this at work, and then they were all on the first page of google results. Now they aren’t...
http://archive.md/St0GS.
How does this pagerank stuff happen? To my knowledge, it's based on clicks... or used to be.
So it's one of the 2:
1. Chinese spambots clicking on articles to flood the ranking and hide stuff that they don't want people to see but can't also just take off the internet
2. Google cucked to the red cock and re-ranked shit.

Since the suggested origin is in Shanxi, 1918, I doubt the CCP gives a shit. 1918 is 6 years after the Republic of China took over, replacing the Qing Dynasty. Shanxi to this day is still very backwards, a third world. Wouldn't surprise me at all, considering 19xx of China is basically a shithole dump that's over 50 years behind the rest of the world, thanks to Qianlong. So I'm guessing it's google being censorious cucks again.

Won't surprise me either way. "First case found in the USA, but it has been circulating in China for some time", and 2009 China was more focused on massively industrialising the country than the environment or hygiene, something the developed world cares about.

So basically, there's nothing Spanish about the Spanish flu. Here's what happened, in theory:
Labourers from Republic of China sailed to Kansas, which was a major transportation proxy at the time.
The labourers carried the virus into the region which made it explode.
The Spanish got the name because they were the first to report on the virus.
So the origin is either China (ROC) or Kansas, USA. What we do know is Kansas is the epicentre of the outbreak. 1917 ROC was a dump and I doubt they had the capacity to understand the virus.
I don't think we'll ever know the true origins, but we can pick a plausible theory.

Edit:
Here's an "updated" article that traces back to a 1889 outbreak, in Russia?
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/4/140428-1918-flu-avian-swine-science-health-science/

China has had the worst pollution problems in the world for so long and they refuse to fix them.

With Corona Chan, I don't think it's so much hatred of China as it is Wuhan not taking care of their fucking hygiene and being disgusting.

Stay inside and wash your hands lol.
Every single scumbag politician of the province should be swinging from a rope.
Arresting 8 medical experts for spreading rumours while they've tested the virus and have data is beyond fucking pathetic, it's immoral.
They weren't even the ones that put out those chatlog screenshots.

Last edited:

Non-Expert!

Check your immunoprivelege.
kiwifarms.net

Looks like you are preaching to the choir hun.

If you haven't noticed, folks on this forum would fuck around on line 24/7 if nature were to take its course ...

AltisticRight

Free 🌽 202 E 37th St VA, Richmond, 901-922-9912
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sorry if this was anwsered but, how do I know if a bad case of flu I have is flu or Corona-chan?
Go to a hospital if you think you have the flu.
It's the best thing you can do for yourself and others. No one can explain what the symptoms truly are because there have been very special cases and the virus has an incubation period of 2 weeks originally, now it's likely a month if we want to be liberal.

Richard Harrow

“Look, fat, look, here's the deal...”
kiwifarms.net
You don't unless you meet the testing criteria.
And the first part of the criteria is that you have to prove that you were in an area in which Corona is an issue and/or you were in contact with someone that was likely (or has proven to be) infected. I'm told it's not that easy to get testing approved.

Jet Fuel Johnny

Full Metal Sperg
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, we haven't reached the "Uncle Johnny Tells You How To Stay Sane Under Quarantine" yet, but if you were playing Plague Inc. and saw these kind of numbers for your virus you'd be excited as fuck.

Anyway, not much to report. Got a friend in Canada who was able to make it to the Pathfinder game online because his office is stopping all business travel on the down-low.

Remember, Kiwis, your mental and emotional healthy leading up to things is important to.

Smile to yourself in the mirror.
Dress nicely. Not for anyone else, but for you.
Do your laundry and clean your house, take out ALL your garbage while services are still uninterrupted.
Hug and randomly touch a family member during the day. (No bad touch or hitting)
Smile to your family members and, if you can, at least one stranger.

Johnny's Joke for the Day: A young Indian boy asked his father: "How was my sister named, father?" The brave answered: "When your sister was born I went outside and named her after the first thing I saw, the beautiful morning sunrise, which is why she's known as Morning Glory. Why do you ask, Two-Dogs Fucking?"