Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

DewsLit

kiwifarms.net
Archive
850 people have been quarantined in a training camp in northern Norway. There are 400 northern Finns. The Kaleva newspaper reports on this.
The magazine reports that a coronavirus infection was discovered in a Norwegian military exercise in Skjold on Thursday in Northern Norway. The entire military camp was quarantined.
No one is allowed out of or out of training camp. 20 people are being tested for coronavirus infection.

Update concerning Finnish troops:
Archive
The Army is canceling its participation in the Cold Response 2020 exercise in Tromsø, Norway, due to the coronavirus situation. Approximately 400 Finns from the Kainuu Brigade and the Armed Forces Brigade in Lapland were going to attend the exercise.
The Norwegian Defense Forces have reported that at least one coronavirus infection has been detected in Skjold garrison in northern Norway.
The army reports that the transition of the Finnish troops to the exercise has been suspended today and that the exercise troops have not moved to Norway. In northern Norway, about 850 people are quarantined due to a coronary virus infection in the garrison, according to the Norwegian Defense Forces. The newspaper Kaleva was the first newspaper in Finland to report on this issue. Cold Response is organized in the Troms region. The Skjold garrison in quarantine is well over a hundred kilometers from Tromsø.

Last edited:

Male Idiot

Das rite!
kiwifarms.net
7 cases in Hungary. 4 Iranian med students (kek), 1 britbong of some kind, britbong's local wife and an old Hungarian.

Still ALL locals think the virus can not harm the hunnic-aryan master race.

-Why do you wear a mask, we are immune to it.- is a word to word quote.

I had gotten flak for wearing a mask, but I give the true enough explanation that I live with elderly grandma. I explain this politely and usually get an apology, or failing that, a "Látom." or "Értem." which mean "I see." and "I understand." .

Most locals think that pálinka (fruit brandy, usually legal moonshine) kills Corona chan.

But than again, pálinka is a miracle cure that would give snake oil, healing crystals and MMS a run for its money. It is believed to cure all, even hangover.

It is usually 40-70% alcohol and has a fruity aftertaste.

Last edited:

Vlad Transylvania Mai

bugs
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People using the London Underground were seen wearing face masks as the nerves around the virus continue to intensify
Coronavirus hits Oxford University: Student tests positive for bug after returning from overseas - while Britain faces 'worse case scenario' of 100,000 deaths after 211 people catch deadly illness

• The student is believed to have self-isolated as soon as they had symptoms
  • Oxford University said there is a low risk to other staff and students there
  • Student is being offered 'all necessary support' and events will continue
  • Comes as hazmat team go into student accommodation at Edinburgh University

A student at Oxford University has tested positive for the coronavirus after returning from overseas travel.

Public Health England confirmed the case to the university yesterday and the Vice-Chancellor informed staff in an internal email seen by the MailOnline.

In the email Professor Louise Richardson claimed she was 'constrained as to what she could say' but was 'glad to report' that the student self-isolated as soon as they developed symptoms and did not attend university or college events after they fell ill.

So far in the UK there have been 211 confirmed cases of the disease and two deaths, two more cases were confirmed in Wales this morning.

Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon this morning admitted it is now a question of 'when' the UK will face a mass coronavirus outbreak - as she confirmed that experts fear a huge death toll in a 'worst case' scenario.

1583671406583.png

A general view of Oxford University above. The Radcliffe Camera, above, serves as a reading room

1583671427225.png

On the Oxford University website, it states that the risk to other staff and students is 'very low and that university and college activities can continue as normal'.

The university did not reveal what country the student had travelled from but said its immediate concerns were for the affected student and their family, along with the health and wellbeing of university staff, students and visitors.

'It has been established that the affected student did not attend any university or college events after they felt ill, when they subsequently self-isolated.

'As a result, PHE has advised that the risk to other students and staff is very low and that university and college activities can continue as normal. They have also advised that the university and colleges do not need to take any additional public health actions in the light of this specific case.

1583671448964.png

Pictured: A graph shows the number of tests (blue), number of positive results (red) and the drastic increase in the amount of coronavirus tests on worried Britons (green)

1583671468283.png

Speaking on Sky News this morning Nicola Sturgeon (pictured above) said the government was preparing for 100,000 deaths

'We have worked with PHE to make sure that anyone who was in contact with the student after they fell ill have been notified and that they are able to access support and information as needed. PHE do not consider individuals infectious until they develop symptoms.'

It added that the university is taking the situation 'very seriously' and said support would be available for those with any concerns, adding that they would share any further updates of the infection as appropriate.

In an internal note seen by MailOnline Vice-Chancellor Richardson added that the university had been advised that it does not need to take any additional public health actions in light of the case.

'We have anticipated this eventuality and have been preparing for it for some weeks now. Moreover, given the rate of infection across the country, there will in all likelihood be other cases'.

This morning a spokesperson for Oxford University said there were unable to reveal where the student had travelled from and said that the university was continuing to follow advise from Public Health England.

The case at Oxford University comes as a hazmat team were last night pictured going into a student accommodation building at the University of Edinburgh.

Two officers were seen in the suits on campus, and two emergency response vehicles were also parked outside.

A witness told MailOnline that they had arrived at the campus at around 7pm last night.

It is not yet clear why the team was at the campus.

The Department of Health confirmed that cases of the virus in mainland Britain rose by 42 early on Saturday, before officials in Northern Ireland revealed another three cases on Saturday evening.

Overall, there are 184 confirmed cases in England, 16 in Scotland, seven in Northern Ireland and two in Wales.

Scottish First Minister Sturgeon today stressed that most people who contract the illness will only suffer 'mild symptoms'.

But she accepted that the government was preparing for a 100,000 deaths. Asked reports of the figure in the Sunday Times, Ms Sturgeon told Sky News: 'We're looking at the scientific worst case scenarios right now... these kind of figures are very much worst case scenarios.'

1583671523299.png

Two people dressed in hazmat suits were seen going into a student accommodation block at Edinburgh University

1583671565560.png

Two ambulances were also seen parked outside of the university accommodation last night

1583671583665.png

She added that the government was looking to mitigate the impact on vulnerable people.

'These kind of figures are broadly in terms of the worst case scenarios that we face,' she said.

'But they are not forecasts. They are not forecasts of what will necessarily happen.'

Ms Sturgeon said it was 'inevitable' that the health service will need more resources.

On moving to the 'contain' phase of UK reaction, Ms Sturgeon said: 'It probably is a case of ‘’when’’ now.'

'This is a serious situation, but the vast majority of people who get this virus will have very mild symptoms and recover reasonably quickly,' she said.

Across the UK the spread of the virus has been impacted the way people go about their day to day lives and many have been spotted wearing face masks when using public transport.

This is while a usually busy and bustling Soho in London remained relatively empty last night as many people opted to stay at home instead.

MailOnline has contacted Edinburgh University and the Scottish Government.

1583671624914.png

Many were seen outside bars in London but it was considerably less that the usually packed out streets

1583671647302.png

Last night people were seen walking around Carnaby Street in London which is home to many shops, restaurants and bars

1583671665448.png

People using the London Underground were seen wearing face masks as the nerves around the virus continue to intensify

Shaved Kiwis

Memetic Polyalloy
kiwifarms.net
Coronavirus hits Oxford University: Student tests positive for bug after returning from overseas - while Britain faces 'worse case scenario' of 100,000 deaths after 211 people catch deadly illness

A student at Oxford University has tested positive for the coronavirus after returning from overseas travel.

Public Health England confirmed the case to the university yesterday and the Vice-Chancellor informed staff in an internal email seen by the MailOnline.

In the email Professor Louise Richardson claimed she was 'constrained as to what she could say' but was 'glad to report' that the student self-isolated as soon as they developed symptoms and did not attend university or college events after they fell ill.

So far in the UK there have been 211 confirmed cases of the disease and two deaths, two more cases were confirmed in Wales this morning.

Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon this morning admitted it is now a question of 'when' the UK will face a mass coronavirus outbreak - as she confirmed that experts fear a huge death toll in a 'worst case' scenario.

View attachment 1178678
A general view of Oxford University above. The Radcliffe Camera, above, serves as a reading room

View attachment 1178682

On the Oxford University website, it states that the risk to other staff and students is 'very low and that university and college activities can continue as normal'.

The university did not reveal what country the student had travelled from but said its immediate concerns were for the affected student and their family, along with the health and wellbeing of university staff, students and visitors.

'It has been established that the affected student did not attend any university or college events after they felt ill, when they subsequently self-isolated.

'As a result, PHE has advised that the risk to other students and staff is very low and that university and college activities can continue as normal. They have also advised that the university and colleges do not need to take any additional public health actions in the light of this specific case.

View attachment 1178683
Pictured: A graph shows the number of tests (blue), number of positive results (red) and the drastic increase in the amount of coronavirus tests on worried Britons (green)

View attachment 1178684
Speaking on Sky News this morning Nicola Sturgeon (pictured above) said the government was preparing for 100,000 deaths

'We have worked with PHE to make sure that anyone who was in contact with the student after they fell ill have been notified and that they are able to access support and information as needed. PHE do not consider individuals infectious until they develop symptoms.'

It added that the university is taking the situation 'very seriously' and said support would be available for those with any concerns, adding that they would share any further updates of the infection as appropriate.

In an internal note seen by MailOnline Vice-Chancellor Richardson added that the university had been advised that it does not need to take any additional public health actions in light of the case.

'We have anticipated this eventuality and have been preparing for it for some weeks now. Moreover, given the rate of infection across the country, there will in all likelihood be other cases'.

This morning a spokesperson for Oxford University said there were unable to reveal where the student had travelled from and said that the university was continuing to follow advise from Public Health England.

The case at Oxford University comes as a hazmat team were last night pictured going into a student accommodation building at the University of Edinburgh.

Two officers were seen in the suits on campus, and two emergency response vehicles were also parked outside.

A witness told MailOnline that they had arrived at the campus at around 7pm last night.

The Department of Health confirmed that cases of the virus in mainland Britain rose by 42 early on Saturday, before officials in Northern Ireland revealed another three cases on Saturday evening.

Overall, there are 184 confirmed cases in England, 16 in Scotland, seven in Northern Ireland and two in Wales.

Scottish First Minister Sturgeon today stressed that most people who contract the illness will only suffer 'mild symptoms'.

But she accepted that the government was preparing for a 100,000 deaths. Asked reports of the figure in the Sunday Times, Ms Sturgeon told Sky News: 'We're looking at the scientific worst case scenarios right now... these kind of figures are very much worst case scenarios.'

View attachment 1178687
Two people dressed in hazmat suits were seen going into a student accommodation block at Edinburgh University

View attachment 1178690
Two ambulances were also seen parked outside of the university accommodation last night

View attachment 1178693

She added that the government was looking to mitigate the impact on vulnerable people.

'These kind of figures are broadly in terms of the worst case scenarios that we face,' she said.

'But they are not forecasts. They are not forecasts of what will necessarily happen.'

Ms Sturgeon said it was 'inevitable' that the health service will need more resources.

On moving to the 'contain' phase of UK reaction, Ms Sturgeon said: 'It probably is a case of ‘’when’’ now.'

'This is a serious situation, but the vast majority of people who get this virus will have very mild symptoms and recover reasonably quickly,' she said.

Across the UK the spread of the virus has been impacted the way people go about their day to day lives and many have been spotted wearing face masks when using public transport.

This is while a usually busy and bustling Soho in London remained relatively empty last night as many people opted to stay at home instead.

View attachment 1178695
Many were seen outside bars in London but it was considerably less that the usually packed out streets

View attachment 1178697
Last night people were seen walking around Carnaby Street in London which is home to many shops, restaurants and bars

View attachment 1178699

LOOK AT THAT FUCKING PHOTO

THE ONLY SO CALLED "PEOPLE" WEARING MASKS ARE SLANTY EYED CHINKS.

IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME IN NEW YORK. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT HAVE MASKS AND THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES WEARING THEM.

Maaaaaaan. Them yellow slant eye bug eaters sure hate the Jiggaboos don't they?
Everybody needs somebody to look down upon.

7 cases in Hungary. 4 Iranian med students (kek), 1 britbong of some kind, britbong's local wife and an old Hungarian.

I had gotten flak for wearing a mask, but I give the true enough explanation that I live with elderly grandma. I explain this politely and usually get an apology, or failing that, a "Látom." or "Értem." which mean "I see." and "I understand." .

Most locals think that pálinka (fruit brandy, usually legal moonshine) kills Corona chan.

But than again, pálinka is a miracle cure that would give snake oil, healing crystals and MMS a run for its money. It is believed to cure all, even hangover.

I've got a boatload of vodka and garlic to act as a biofilter. The surliness and stank will keep diseased Chinks at bay and the antibacterial power of vodka AND garlic should kill all matter of demons be they microscopic or supernatural. I've got some salo and rye bread to go with it, but I'll file those under "inactive ingredients".

But seriously though; I'm glad you've got masks over there. My best friend did me a huge favor by dropping off a box of N95s for me last night that he "requisitioned" from his construction job. Problem is he could only get me the one so I've got 10 temporary masks between two people. I'm basically saving them for an extreme emergency. I'm just praying that they close NYC so that we don't need to go out anymore. We have more than enough food.

Last edited:

Barnard

kiwifarms.net
Two more cases in Poland: another foreign citizen from Germany and a woman coming back from Italy (late edit, it's actually a Spanish woman flying in from Germany and a man returning from Italy, sorry for being dumb), again both described as in good condition. This gives a total of 8 confirmed cases out of 1154 tested samples. They're doing 150-200 tests daily right now, which doesn't seem like enough.

Last edited:

I am the Muffin Maker

kiwifarms.net
[/QUOTE]
FIFY

My question is : As the Flu and Pneumonia are co-mingled in the stats for deaths in the US will we ever even know how many deaths are actually from COVID-19?

If we never test for it - yes. It will be an academic thing people write about 20 years from now about how the US initially failed to respond to the growing threat of a newly emerged virus.

This isn't a world ender. But the US (and other governments) are putting off short term pain (they could get ahead of the spread by shutting down things now but this would crash the markets even more than they are currently fucking themselves) in hopes that "it isn't as bad as it might be."

We're probably not going to be as bad off as Iran, but we lack the ability to clamp down on things like China.

Look at this exceptional individual: https://twitter.com/gadgetgirl6/status/1236530991356940290 she's on an infected ship and whinging about her rights.

I've read a scenario where the US can expect 500k dead. That's what .13% of the population. That's nothing, but it will be real horrifying to live through. People might think of their lives as before the flu and after, this generation's 9/11.

Image-1.png

Edit to add the archive of the twitter linked above: http://archive.fo/wip/Ot3Vr

Not Really Here

"You're a small, irrelevant island nation"
kiwifarms.net
If we never test for it - yes. It will be an academic thing people write about 20 years from now about how the US initially failed to respond to the growing threat of a newly emerged virus.

This isn't a world ender. But the US (and other governments) are putting off short term pain (they could get ahead of the spread by shutting down things now but this would crash the markets even more than they are currently fucking themselves) in hopes that "it isn't as bad as it might be."

We're probably not going to be as bad off as Iran, but we lack the ability to clamp down on things like China.

Look at this exceptional individual: https://twitter.com/gadgetgirl6/status/1236530991356940290 she's on an infected ship and whinging about her rights.

I've read a scenario where the US can expect 500k dead. That's what .13% of the population. That's nothing, but it will be real horrifying to live through. People might think of their lives as before the flu and after, this generation's 9/11.

View attachment 1178774

Edit to add the archive of the twitter linked above: http://archive.fo/wip/Ot3Vr

My point aside from learning the actual numbers, was that during flu season doctors are programmed to assume pneumonia=flu, and mortality from flu varies wildly year to year.
Rather than assuming ill intent or incompetence, has anyone considered the possibility that EVERYONE is accidentally confusing the numbers because WuFlu is a sneaky nigger and framing the flu by disguising its kills to look like flu?

Last edited:

Karl der Grosse

Big stink lines energy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gotta disagree about the TP. A shitty butt is going to cause trouble for morale, as is looking around your apartment for napkins, coloring books, and scrap pieces of paper to wipe your ass with. And that's if you're single. Ever try keeping a bunch of under-5 kids clean without toilet paper?

Sure, food and water are higher on the necessity scale, but hygiene is just as important, and I see no reason why I wouldn't stock up on buttwipe at the earliest opportunity while I'm buying the more important stuff.

I'm a fastidious wiper with a couple kids so I already had a closet full of TP. My wife laughed at me, laughed I say! Who's laughing now, Miss "Why do you hoard toilet paper?"

I am the Muffin Maker

kiwifarms.net
I'm a fastidious wiper with a couple kids so I already had a closet full of TP. My wife laughed at me, laughed I say! Who's laughing now, Miss "Why do you hoard toilet paper?"

I have a bidet.

In other news:

This was posted by a nurse in Florida.

"I am a nurse at the emergency department of doctors hospital. As you probably know, we are currently caring for one of the first local cases, and so we are in a close working relationship with the cdc and local and state health departments. I’m also the emergency manager in charge of training all of our staff in proper use of personal protective equipment and infection control. The link that I am sharing is one that our emergency room physicians are using to obtain their data, so it is up to date on all new development. This is a public site, so feel free to share it. I hope this helps put things into perspective for some folks that are feeling stressed. "

I won't post where I got that from because it's too close to me.

Irrelevant

kiwifarms.net
I was looking at past flu deaths in the UK a few days ago and everywhere was saying 30k for the Hong Kong Flu in 1969 but the government's plan has it listed at 80k: https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...-uk-prepares-for-infectious-disease-outbreaks

If it truly was 80k in 1969 then 100k in 2020 doesn't seem like it'd cause major issues. Nobody associates 1969 with a flu so it can't have had much real effect.

Last edited:

Beluga

Just a little white whale on the go
kiwifarms.net
Well, it's official guys. We're in lockdown until April. It's gonna be a long ass month and I'm already bored out of my mind.

Governors in the North are still trying to understand how to prevent people from moving around because the decree isn't clear and doesn't give any specifics. For example it's not clear whether the police, carabinieri etc. will have to put in place roadblocks and checkpoints. People in the red zones aren't allowed to move from province to province except few cases, but they are apparently for now allowed to go out. Our PM Conte said that "It's time to take self-accountability" and urged people to avoid social interactions. Lol, good luck with that. These last 2-3 days the weather was perfect, sunny with a light breeze. You think people stayed indoors? Of course not. Let's see if we'll manage to stay indoors.

The biggest hypocrisy however is the fact that sporting events, such as football's Serie A, volleyball etc. for now can still play matches but they can only do so behind closed doors. So much for keeping a one metre security distance between people, eh? For some reason it pisses me off to no end.

Spain will be the only mainland europe nation using semi-accurate testing (hell we're the only ones that bothered testing the already dead) so numerically it'll be officially us.
Not true, Italy has been doing that since the beginning. The first deaths linked to the virus were discovered because they tested some dead 80-year-olds. I think they've stopped testing the dead now because it's frankly stupid. There's a shortage of swabs, I hope they're not wasting them on cadavers.

Don't know if I am late with this but many Italians are running away and they are doing it quick:
Here's the video:
View attachment 1178419

I mean sure, this won't help spread the virus even further but who gives a fuck right?
The vast majority of these people are Southerners running back to their regions of origin (Calabria, Apulia, Sicily etc.). As if the South doesn't have cases already. The presidents of those regions are trying to impose a 14-day quarantine for people who come from the North. The governor of Calabria (one of the poorest regions in the country where the average healthy lifespan is 50 years old) has already told people to stay in the North because their healthcare system cannot cope with an emergency of these proportions. Source in Italian here. Archive here.

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
FIFY

My question is : As the Flu and Pneumonia are co-mingled in the stats for deaths in the US will we ever even know how many deaths are actually from COVID-19?
I think its time we accept that COVID-19 is a new type of flu that is here to stay. Just like how they don't tell us which viral strain most flu deaths are caused by (they're all still around, even if one is that year's most common outbreak,) they won't be able to be bothered to test everyone who coofs out when still living people need those test kits too.

Male Idiot

Das rite!
kiwifarms.net
I was looking at past flu deaths in the UK a few days ago and everywhere was saying 30k for the Asian Flu in 1969 but the government's plan has it listed at 80k: https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...-uk-prepares-for-infectious-disease-outbreaks

If it truly was 80k in 1969 then 100k in 2020 doesn't seem like it'd cause major issues. Nobody associates 1969 with a flu so it can't have had much real effect.

It was much easier to cover stuff up without the internet and mobile phones.

Media has more trouble spinning the yarn today.

I think it will stay too myself. The question is how big will the butcher's bill be?

What if we simply go back to the old standard of people living until 60 when they coof.

I can see the world not giving up global travel and the tales of people living to 90 becoming the stuff of History Holo Channel conspiracy theories.

"How could people in 1995 live to 85 years? We can not even get to 70 today with our modern 2295 medical technology. The solution is simple. Aliens, ancient aliens! Archeologists at Roswell and Area 51 have found artefacts that mainstream.....

Last edited:

EmuWarsVeteran

Lord Kek's Faithful Servant.
kiwifarms.net
Alright catfishes and gentlekiwis, I bring you the most chuckleworthy story in spain right now. So, first confirmed case in Cadiz. Only it's not really Cadiz. It's Rota. Which btw for any burgerkiwis reading this it means it's one of your armymen!

So, main city cadiz is probably already blighted after Carnaval, most people know, most are self isolating, no one really cares that much. Nothing new under the sun. But. Rota is a closeby american military base, where they established during ww2 and just never left. It's technically an american colony in the iberian peninsula and much like gibraltar they go to La Linea when they get sick. Reason you won't see spaniards bitching about it nearly as much as Gibraltar is the fact that, well, Rota for the most part is just a military base with really old armymen in it, they get some action like for instance the infamous CIA planes to the middle east used it to refuel, which btw left us with the hilarious situation than while the whole world tried to censor it the healthcare system in cadiz was gossiping about them from day one. I did tell you visiting the hospital's cooks with a pack of beer claiming to be a new member of one of the unions was the best way to get info about even the most ludicrous state secrets, I wasn't kidding. But for the most part the army just sends there their old semi-retired-but-not-quite officers as a sort of vacation spot on duty, which means they don't really make much noise, so, they at least don't piss us off routinely. I did tell you how happy us spaniards can get to help others so long as they're decent people, I wasn't kidding. And Rota people tend to be genuinely nice, disciplined old folk not prone to hysterics and with no intention to get something extra out of the system, they do 'murica proud.

Anyway point is, when Carnaval arrived this guy (50something armyman, murican) joined the same dots I did and decided being away from cadiz seemed like a good idea. He then did the same thing I told you and decided in case of a pandemic he should get some vacations on seville. So far so good, I get bragging rights. Issue is, there instead of doing normal vacation things and steer clear of crowds he went ahead and met with some of his old pals and have a big party together. Nothing wrong with that except that said pals had just come back from a trip, to northern Italy. So like in the old tales meant to teach about the inevitability of fate, Corona found him. They came here before we started testing everyone from northern Italy which is why they didn't know they had it yet. It's not as hilarious as past tales, but I still got a chuckle.

It would seem new models will come out this week based on some data that is coming to light - and that is that there are a vast number of asymptomatic cases that are out there, but it would appear that not only are they remaining asymptomatic for a few weeks, but longer or permanently i.e. throwing off very very minor symptoms and recovering without anything but a bit of rest at home. Take as an example the the ship on the Nile. All cases on board (45) Asymptomatic as of now and they've been infected for 2 weeks. It will be interesting to see how they all fair by Mid March as a case study.

It is particularly interesting to note how the virus is taking off in quarantine areas where people are following elementary procedures to avoid contamination. I'd say this virus is more contagious than almost can be believed, but I also suspect we have far far more cases out there, so it's mortality rate may settle out at 1% or lower.

It's not so much how contagious it is as it is the combo of asymptomatic carriers and mid term surface survival, both of which are things people aren't used to. That's why the cold is such a bitch to get rid of.

To be fair, 70% alcohol can be used against corona effectively, but not like that. To be fairer, taking into account for most people it'll just be flu symptoms, if they drink enough palinka it'll be about as effective as current treatments for it, and it'll make them happier. Don't forget to also drink a ton of water though!

View attachment 1178678

View attachment 1178682

View attachment 1178683

View attachment 1178684

View attachment 1178687

View attachment 1178690

View attachment 1178693

View attachment 1178695

View attachment 1178697

View attachment 1178699

1-of course every mask wearer is asian. I swear they're painting a target in their backs.

2-209 cases and 2 deaths. London gov and media: ROLL OUT THE WORST CASE SCENARIOS! PANIC! THE APOCALYPSE IS HERE! ... Fooking chill mate. You went through 2 world wars and you're freaking out over a god damned weirder flu? I wonder how england would react if they got the kinda terrorist threats we get over here.
3-"it's a case of when" yeah no shit. That's why it's called CONTENTION protocols. Much like a damn they're not designed to stop a river forever, only restrain its flow for long enough than the scientists can do their thing and healthcare system logistics can be reinforced against the eventual spread. They really should've known there was no point in trying to erradicate it from minute 1. It's a flu like virus. When the pandemic starts you already lost the battle, all you can do is focus on reducing the losses while you research something to strike back. Which is why ISCIII's been warning you how bad flu like viri can get for 12, fucking, years. But you chose to listen to the WHO. Bet you feel kinda stupid right about now.

My point aside from learning the actual numbers, was that during flu season doctors are programmed to assume pneumonia=flu, and mortality from flu varies wildly year to year.
Rather than assuming ill intent or incompetence, has anyone considered the possibility that EVERYONE is accidentally confusing the numbers because WuFlu is a sneaky nigger and framing the flu by disguising its kills to look like flu?

If those russians are to be believed that's what happened past year with SARS, so I'mma bet it's gonna happen again. Here in spain they're running post mortem cases for flu and respirstory cases to try and sort it this year, which is why I mentioned our official numbers will skyrocket compared with everyone elses, since outside of maybe south korea I don't think anyone else is bothering. Hell you might've noticed our counter has changed from "coronavirus deaths" to "deaths WITH coronavirus", that's because multiple of those cases probably didn't actually die of corona, just had it in combo with other issues which finished them off. Unlike china we'd rather be sure by marking those as at least partially corona. 'cause that's what real scientists do.

EDIT;
Well, it's official guys. We're in lockdown until April. It's gonna be a long ass month and I'm already bored out of my mind.

Governors in the North are still trying to understand how to prevent people from moving around because the decree isn't clear and doesn't give any specifics. For example it's not clear whether the police, carabinieri etc. will have to put in place roadblocks and checkpoints. People in the red zones aren't allowed to move from province to province except few cases, but they are apparently for now allowed to go out. Our PM Conte said that "It's time to take self-accountability" and urged people to avoid social interactions. Lol, good luck with that. These last 2-3 days the weather was perfect, sunny with a light breeze. You think people stayed indoors? Of course not. Let's see if we'll manage to stay indoors.

The biggest hypocrisy however is the fact that sporting events, such as football's Serie A, volleyball etc. for now can still play matches but they can only do so behind closed doors. So much for keeping a one metre security distance between people, eh? For some reason it pisses me off to no end.

Not true, Italy has been doing that since the beginning. The first deaths linked to the virus were discovered because they tested some dead 80-year-olds. I think they've stopped testing the dead now because it's frankly stupid. There's a shortage of swabs, I hope they're not wasting them on cadavers.

The vast majority of these people are Southerners running back to their regions of origin (Calabria, Apulia, Sicily etc.). As if the South doesn't have cases already. The presidents of those regions are trying to impose a 14-day quarantine for people who come from the North. The governor of Calabria (one of the poorest regions in the country where the average healthy lifespan is 50 years old) has already told people to stay in the North because their healthcare system cannot cope with an emergency of these proportions. Source in Italian here. Archive here.
I STAND CORRECTED. Spain and Italy will have much larger numbers than the rest. That shortage should be fixed though, the tests, at least the Clonal Polymorphism tests used for screening are really easy to mass produce, they're actually used for many, many things.

Last edited:

Cure Milquetoast

ௌௌௌௌௌௌ
kiwifarms.net

mercurynews.com
Stricken cruise ship Grand Princess to dock at Port of Oakland on Monday
7-9 minutes

The stricken Grand Princess cruise ship is headed to the Port of Oakland on Monday, having received permission from Gov. Gavin Newsom to dock there and for its thousands of passengers and crew to disembark, an Oakland councilman said.
The 938 passengers who are California residents will complete a 14-day mandatory quarantine at Travis Air Force Base in Fairfield or Miramar Naval Air Station in San Diego. Residents of other states will be quarantined at Joint Base San Antonio Lackland in Texas or Dobbins Air Force Base in Georgia, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Councilman Larry Reid said he was told by an official at the Port of Oakland that the cruise ship would dock at a terminal in the Outer Harbor that is no longer in operation.
The vessel is likely to arrive Monday, according to a Saturday night tweet from Princess Cruises. The ship originally planned to dock Sunday, but the “logistics plan went into further review by the state and federal authorities,” and the ship will now berth Monday, with the exact time to be determined.
Of the 3,535 passengers aboard the Grand Princess, 21 people have tested positive for the coronavirus. Of those, 19 are crew members and two are passengers.
But only 45 passengers were tested. That means the ship’s other 3,490 passengers still need testing – a daunting task.
Passengers who require acute medical treatment and hospitalization will be transported to health care facilities in California. They will leave the ship first, according to Princess Cruises spokesperson Negin Kamali.
Plans for the several hundred international passengers have not yet been finalized. The Department of State is working with the estimated 53 home countries of these passengers to arrange for their repatriations.

Reid expressed concern that state and federal officials had decided that Oakland, not San Francisco, would be the best location to receive the Grand Princess passengers and crew.
“San Francisco has the facilities in place, why are they offloading the passengers in the city of Oakland?” Reid asked.
But former Oakland councilman Abel Guillen said the terminal in the port’s Outer Harbor made sense for the disembarkation because of its isolated location.
“It’s a public health emergency, and requires all of us to to take precautions necessary to protect the public,” Guillen said. This terminal “as a point for logistics and to disembark seems ideal because it is away from the masses and chances for community contamination seem lower.”
Mayor Libby Schaaf did not return calls, emails or texts, seeking comment Saturday night. Port of Oakland officials referred inquiries to the state Office of Emergency Services.
Oakland Councilmember Rebecca Kaplan urged the state to quickly fund installation of sanitation stations and other protections for community members who are working with the evacuated passengers.
“What actions will the state take to support our local community dealing with the outbreak — specifically, will they fund hand-washing stations and other sanitation efforts, including the homeless?” she said. “We must not repeat prior errors of having unprotected staff work with evacuees and then go into the community.”
Oakland city officials were invited to participate in a conference call Saturday night, Reid said. While Reid said he learned too late about the conference call to join in, he was separately told by a port official that the ship would dock at the Outer Harbor terminal.
The federal government also is setting up a command center at the Marriott Convention Center and flying in extra U.S. Marshals to help with the operation, Reid said. From there, passengers and crew will board shuttle buses to be taken to their next destinations.
Before news came that the Grand Princess had been given permission to dock in Oakland, the passengers had endured another day of limbo, circling in the Pacific Ocean, several miles off the coast of San Mateo County.
“Just floating around waiting,” passenger Kristian Riese, 47, said in a message to this news organization. He is on the cruise with his girlfriend and elderly parents. “At least the sun is out and we have a balcony.”
Riese confirmed in a WhatApp message to this news organization that passengers were told Saturday evening that they would finally get off the ship. “And that Cali residents will be taken to a Cali quarantine and out of staters will go somewhere else that is unknown to us,” Riese wrote. “At least they are planning to get us off this thing and getting us separated from the known cases”
The vast majority of coronavirus cases are minor, involving mere cold-like symptoms to mild pneumonia. But the illness can be catastrophic for five percent of patients, particularly the elderly.
Concerned about contagion — and seeking to avoid a repeat of last month’s disastrous Diamond Princess cruise, where six people died and 705 were infected after inadequate protocols – the passengers have been isolated in their cabins, with room service and television.
The Grand Princess is returning from Hawaii. It cancelled its planned final stop to Ensenada, Mexico, after officials got word that a passenger on its previous leg – a 71-year-old Placer County man with underlying health problems – had died of the illness.
That passenger wasn’t aware of his infection and didn’t show symptoms until after boarding, said Dr. Grant Tarling, Princess Cruises’ chief medical officer, at a Saturday press briefing.
“We believe his illness was acquired in California before he joined the ship,” suggesting community exposure, Tarling said. This is disputed by Placer County health officials, who say he was likely exposed on the trip.
The outbreak spread after this passenger unknowingly infected two crew members who him served meals, according to Tarling.
Now illnesses in a dozen people — four in Placer County, two in Contra Costa County, two in Sonoma County and one each in Santa Cruz, Ventura, Madera and Alameda counties – are linked to that previous leg of the cruise.
When Princess Cruises was still awaiting word about if and when the ship could get to land, Princess Cruises President Jan Schwartz said in a conference call with reporters that federal, state and local authorities should agree on a plan “that prioritizes the health and welfare of all onboard Grand Princess and their home communities.”
In a message to passengers Saturday afternoon, the vessel’s captain said that corporate officials from the cruise line were “urging the government to help us get our guests safely ashore as quickly as possible.”
The only recent activity of note on the ship came late Friday night, when the U.S. Coast Guard delivered a load of supplies by helicopter to the ship. The Coast Guard also had to evacuate a sick passenger from the vessel who had fallen “critically ill,” officials said Saturday, though they stressed that the person needed medical attention for an ailment unrelated to COVID-19.
Staff writers David DeBolt and Julia Prodis Sulek contributed to this report.

Start your weekday with all the news you need, from the Bay Area and beyond.
Get the Morning Report newsletter.

Dave.

We can’t expect god to do all the work
kiwifarms.net

Majority of Hungarians I’ve met are fucking idiots. They’re like the islamists of the Middle East only they worship god instead of allah.

Brain Power

kiwifarms.net