Wuhan Coronavirus: Vaccinations Campaigns, News and Debates - The Race to Jab the World

How eager are you to get a coronavirus vaccine, once it has been made available to you?

• Very eager, will get it the moment I can reserve a shot for myself

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Eager, but willing to wait a bit

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Not uneager, I would have watch how the campaign goes

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • Very uneager, I will not have a vaccine even if it process were completely free and easy

Votes: 77 62.1%

• Total voters

Glad I couldn't help

Oh hai
kiwifarms.net
Thread for posting information on vaccinations against the novel coronavirus often known as Covid.

As of writing, 13 million doses have been administered, with 9 currently available vaccines out on the market (4 RU/CN, 5 Western). The USA has administer the most shots in raw numbers, followed by China, the Israel, the UK and Russia. As a percentage of the population, Israel is far ahead, with 14% of the population now inoculated, followed by Bahrain, the US, the UK and Denmark.

See source here.

Some interesting debates:
  • People are debating if, for vaccines with a 2-shot regime, the second second should be delayed because of supplies.
  • How should be deliver the vaccine, and who should get them first? While US state governments has got some protocols, given the slow pace of the roll-out, we should go for a simple list of giving to 1 - the elderly, 2 - their caretakers, and 3 - everybody else.
  • It should be noted just how disastrously the European Union has thus far mismanaged the coronavirus vaccines, from procurement to deployment. Probably within a month, no EU member-state will be able to match up the figures from the ex-member-state UK. France, in particular, hasn't been able to develop it own vaccine, like the other P5 members or Germany. Right now, only 561 people of the ~60 million French have gotten a vaccine.
Feel free post any links to articles or your opinion on the matter.

LoDad

Come to papa
kiwifarms.net
I might be a total retard for saying these things but at someone in their mid twenties and reasonably good health, I don't see a personal need for a vaccine. Pretty much at all.

Everyone that I know directly who has contracted the virus has had either very mild symptoms, or has been totally asymptomatic to the point that they aren't convinced anything was wrong.

Then I think of the seven plus billion people on this planet, and how across the globe we've changed the core functionalities of our society. All to preserve the lives of the elderly and those with severe pre-existing medical conditions? I honestly couldn't give a fuck.

There's just something about the way this "pandemic" has been handled that rubs me the wrong way. Total chaos around the board and all of the sudden multiple solutions are developed?

I'm totally open to being wrong about it. But at the same time every article I've read, and all the research I've looked into over the past year now has had a different opinion. It makes me feel like everything related to the virus is disingenuous. I would rather take my chances on my own terms.

Disheveled Human

Jon St. John
kiwifarms.net
I might be a total retard for saying these things but at someone in their mid twenties and reasonably good health, I don't see a personal need for a vaccine. Pretty much at all.

Everyone that I know directly who has contracted the virus has had either very mild symptoms, or has been totally asymptomatic to the point that they aren't convinced anything was wrong.

Then I think of the seven plus billion people on this planet, and how across the globe we've changed the core functionalities of our society. All to preserve the lives of the elderly and those with severe pre-existing medical conditions? I honestly couldn't give a fuck.

There's just something about the way this "pandemic" has been handled that rubs me the wrong way. Total chaos around the board and all of the sudden multiple solutions are developed?

I'm totally open to being wrong about it. But at the same time every article I've read, and all the research I've looked into over the past year now has had a different opinion. It makes me feel like everything related to the virus is disingenuous. I would rather take my chances on my own terms.
They will never force you to get it they do not have to. But if you want to travel abroad or work certain jobs they will tell you to get it so your options are become a NEET or Get the shot and return back to society. Ether way you are fucked so why fight it.

Glad I couldn't help

Oh hai
kiwifarms.net
A Washington Post columnist talks the incoming Biden Administration on how it considering how speed up the US roll out, including the invoking the Defense Production Act, producing vaccination targets for states to reach and recruiting extra volunteers to administer vaccines, maybe in mobile vaccination centers to reach remote areas.

India has give emergency authorization of the Oxford/Astra-Zenica vaccine. They plan to vaccinate 300 million people by August. They also authorized the use of locally produced vaccine, although that decision is being protested as it hasn't left the final clinical trials yet.

LoDad

Come to papa
kiwifarms.net
They will never force you to get it they do not have to. But if you want to travel abroad or work certain jobs they will tell you to get it so your options are become a NEET or Get the shot and return back to society. Ether way you are fucked so why fight it.
That's the thing, they'll never force you to get it. The average person in the United States doesn't need a fucking polio vaccine, but every doctor when you're born is going to recommend it to your parents because "what if," and they make a profit off of it. I'm not an anti vaxer by any means. But I'm almost certain you were vaccinated for the whooping cough as a baby, and chances are you were never going to die from that shit in the first place. That's my bigger point as far as us changing the entirety of our way of life to preserve people who are already at risk from multitudes of health problems.

It's less about fighting the situation and more about avoiding the vaccine because I don't think it's necessary for me. I think as time goes on, and as the virus is scrubbed out there will be even less reason to get one. The exposure we're all mortified of now just won't be there. And those requirements you're talking about won't be relevant anymore. Decades from now this will all be a shitty chapter in a high school history book.

If I do contract the virus then so be it. If I contract the virus as an old fucking man one day and it ends up killing me then it might as well have been pneumonia. It doesn't make a difference to me.

Glad I couldn't help

Oh hai
kiwifarms.net
Especially since the American media is saying it would take a whole decade to vaccinate the same number of Americans (which, if you don't know, is pretty much the entire U.S. population)
At the current pace the US is vaccinating. In In 1947, New York City had an outbreak in smallpox, which was contained through a massive vaccination drive, they vaccinated 6 million people within 2 weeks.

So it's possible, although if it is possible for modern India (or modern America, sadly) remains to be seen.

Spasticus Autisticus

kiwifarms.net
At the current pace the US is vaccinating. In In 1947, New York City had an outbreak in smallpox, which was contained through a massive vaccination drive, they vaccinated 6 million people within 2 weeks.

So it's possible, although if it is possible for modern India (or modern America, sadly) remains to be seen.
August is 8 months away. If the mass vaccination happens at the rate that the NYC smallpox vaccination happened, we'd only vaccinate 192 million of the 330 million in the USA. And that's an optimistic rate since vaccinating a densely populated city is a lot easier than vaccinating an entire country. In India, forget about it.

Heather Mason

Best Girl
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
While the vaccine is probably safe for the general public there's always the risk of nasty long-term side effects for certain populations Every vaccine will kill somebody if you administer it to enough people (some people are allergic to WATER, their bodies don't want to live) but it's a huge ethical concern to give out an untested vaccine for a largely mild infection. I'm young, healthy, have no comorbidities, and don't interact with anyone in a high-risk group so I'll be skipping this one. When something scary with a 10% or higher mortality rate comes by I'll be first in line for whatever rat piss vaccine they put out

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net
I'll avoid this aspect of the fraud as best I can, but there'll be a pile of soft compulsion measures, like a flight ban on the unvaxxed.
There are quite a few conventional and semi-conventional vaccines as well if you don't want mRNA ones:
The first two are inactivated virus, and the last two are viral vector.

Heather Mason

Best Girl
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
2% is scary 10% is unprecedented im pretty sure .6%-.8% already warrant epidemic style lockdowns and that guideline was written up decades ago by the CDC. Just because you do not think its a big deal does not mean it is not a serious issue.
Just wait until all the crusty costal shitholes of NYC, LA, Portland, and Seattle start breeding bubonic plague carrying super rats and we have 60% mortality rates with the homeless as the first victims. LA is already breeding typhus last I read. I'm not going to lose my shit over a mild respiratory illness that targets the elderly and the obese (like most illnesses), I'll start freaking out when the reaper comes back to kick off the Black Death Pt. II and we have to wear biozahard suits outside to avoid getting bitten by fleas

UnimportantFarmer

kiwifarms.net

Disheveled Human

Jon St. John
kiwifarms.net
Just wait until all the crusty costal shitholes of NYC, LA, Portland, and Seattle start breeding bubonic plague carrying super rats and we have 60% mortality rates with the homeless as the first victims. LA is already breeding typhus last I read. I'm not going to lose my shit over a mild respiratory illness that targets the elderly and the obese (like most illnesses), I'll start freaking out when the reaper comes back to kick off the Black Death Pt. II and we have to wear biozahard suits outside to avoid getting bitten by fleas
TBH I am pretty sure the main issue is not the death rate atm but how fast its spreading it *could* go south quick (unlikely) but still its risky to gamble on something like this to act like its a big non-problem.

Fliddaroonie

I'm a spooky ghost! Whooooo!!! Ectoplasm!!!!
kiwifarms.net
I wont get it unless I have to. I had coof and it was no big deal. I was also contacted by my GP as they were/are contacting all patients who have had severe allergic reactions to vaccines in the past to tell us we are exempt. My chances of dying of coof are known to be tiny, my chances of having a life endangering reaction to an untested vaccine that's not been subject to peer reviews are an unknown I am simply not willing to risk.

If this was an actually serious plague I might, but a virus that predominantly smites old people and fats? Not a chance in hell.

In the UK the oldiewonks who we have shut down society for and rushing to vaccinate are the same people the NHS have been pressuring to sign DNAR forms the last year or so.

Edited to say, @UnimportantFarmer , I believe the Oxford/Astra Zeneca would count, if I remember right, the US Government has bought a substantial number of doses and it's a conventional vaccine, not an mena based one. I don't know if that helps?

teriyakiburns

Uncle O'Ruckus
kiwifarms.net
Edited to say, @UnimportantFarmer , I believe the Oxford/Astra Zeneca would count, if I remember right, the US Government has bought a substantial number of doses and it's a conventional vaccine, not an mena based one. I don't know if that helps?
It's an adenovirus that's been deactivated and genetically modified to express the protein spike that everyone has been targeting, so it's more conventional than the mRNA ones, but it may still have other issues. The worst would be that some people will develop an immunity to the virus itself, rather than the protein spike. It's better than a random bells palsy attack, at least.