x-men sperg thread - i like me some x-men, and i know you like some x-men, and you can’t sperg in the comic thread because it’s random.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was kinda pissy about muties in general back in the day because I was interested in other Marvel capes and like two-thirds of the fucking titles were X-Someguys

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: BrunoMattei

SilkGnut

Gnuts of the Finest Silk
kiwifarms.net
X-Men is fun but it might very well be one of the worse political allegories in fiction. Mutants are exceedingly dangerous both to themselves and society, if they would have existed in real life they would have been the gun debate on steroids.
What do you mean? Dangerous changes are regularly made to society in the name of being humane, and most of western society has been trending in that direction for at least the last century.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
What do you mean? Dangerous changes are regularly made to society in the name of being humane, and most of western society has been trending in that direction for at least the last century.
The X-Men themselves were usually seen as representative of real world minorities that should be accepted as equals in society. Which is already counterproductive, as the mutants are objectively different than the rest of the population. Besides that, mutants are plainly dangerous with a widely changing power level, no one sane would have agreed to have a mutant with their kids in school in case it decided to go on a shooting spree.
And it only gets worse considering how some mutants power levels make them word ending threats

SilkGnut

Gnuts of the Finest Silk
kiwifarms.net
The X-Men themselves were usually seen as representative of real world minorities that should be accepted as equals in society. Which is already counterproductive, as the mutants are objectively different than the rest of the population. Besides that, mutants are plainly dangerous with a widely changing power level, no one sane would have agreed to have a mutant with their kids in school in case it decided to go on a shooting spree.
And it only gets worse considering how some mutants power levels make them word ending threats
I am having difficulty understanding why this is supposed to be an unfair comparison. It illustrates wonderfully how humanity is trained to accept minorities as equals even if they are explicitly a threat to said society, and how said groups will form separatist movements even when nearly everyone bends to their every whim just because somebody was mean to them.

I mean sure, on it's surface the way people act in this universe is pants on head retarded, but when you look at it a bit closer it is a rather cogent take on the world.

• Agree
Reactions: Cuck Shack
Tags
None