[X-Post] Closure of the CWCki Forum's Private Discussion Board -

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalmMyTits

Has tentacles in her panties!
I saw this a few days ago but wanted to wait and process things a bit before I said anything.

I have to say that I am disappointed at the revelation that the gal-pals were in fact just trolls (or one troll, in this case) I mean, it's one thing to dig through garbage for Chris' old homework or take pictures of his house (dubious as that was) but to impersonate a bunch of gal pals/highschool classmates? The person responsible for that is spergier than the weeniest of weens.

Stud2Stud

Born with a brick.
So what is the canonical stance on Catherine? Is she still a real gal-pal in Chris's eyes?

But in retrospect over the past couple days, there's been so much to think about. I'm kinda let down that the Gal-Pal emails from last Fall were fake, I was hoping all of them were real but it was not. T did a good job posing as all of them, but man, I really feel disappointed the real Gal-Pals didn't actually get up to date on CWC.

Surprisingly there hasn't been much finger-pointing at who Catherine was (or obviously not because they're waiting for the info dump to happen). I have a good guess on who played Catherine, but unlike T & S, no one has mentioned her. Yes, it is a her. I won't here though, I've always fucked up during big, personal moments like this :julay:*sigh*
I was wondering about this, too. Null's opening post talks about 5 people being involved, however 2 being passive in this matter.
We know about T and S but the 5th person is still a mystery to us mere mortals *sigh*

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
People on this forum have bizzare double standards. It's already been revealed that Alec is the one who posed as Jackie, and yet there's no ganging up on him. Who is more creepy, the person who digs up Chris's trash or the person who made Chris do this (NSFW)
Not to evade responsibility, but parts of Jackie were a group effort, and that particular thing... was not mine.

Incidentally, I've seen a lot of complaints about Jackie since her saga. Just to clear the air now, I'll admit that they're mostly right.

4Macie

The Cow Dullahan
I think a lot of people are missing the point here.

Null isn't saying "trolling is bad and we should stop doing it", he's saying the board where people did that is going to be gone because he no longer agrees with what they were doing. And what they were doing wasn't 'trolling' anymore, it was straight up being mean and creepy. Yes, I get it, pretending to be someone's girlfriend while you're really a man is creepy, but this was a whole new level according to Null. These people where going on site and personally fucking with Chris and with even members of the board. They were creating fake content and trying to pass it as legit, they were going onto Chris's property and essentially taking and stealing stuff, they were driving to the rental (by either getting the address from that one picture or by following Chris home one day) and taking pictures of the rental house.

Again, Null isn't saying "trolling is bad and I regret everything we've done to Chris", he's saying that the shit that's been happening has to stop and he will no longer host it. So people please, stop this "you're all horrible people" and "you're all hypocrites for saying _______ three months ago" when you're here too. Jesus. This isn't a contest of who the worst person is and who should feel the worst for doing what they did, or didn't, do.

Dr RobotDick

Ass Manager
i thought most of the early stuff chris fell for was so absurd, it probably didn't require any kind of devious effort. for example, the liquidchris stuff was just so silly, i couldn't view it as anything but funny. i've always been perturbed by the weird double standards on here when it comes to "trolling," though. i could cite specific incidents, but i don't really see the point in that now.

bigshot

Some call me a freak. I call me BIGSHOT!
I have no idea what is going on in the background, but it is clear it isn't working.

Chris making swag and selling it on eBay should have been something that made him and his fans happy. It turned into a bad taste in everyone's mouths. I like Chris a lot better than I like many of his trolls and fans. The guy is retarded. He is clearly unable to ever hold down a job. He has no idea how to take care of himself. The way he spends his tugboat shows that. He was at his best when he was taken care of and had a secure foundation. We haven't seen that since the Lumberjack died. His mother is in no shape to be that anchor for him and there isn't anyone else for Chris. He is facing some even worse times ahead. If the manipulations of the trolls are responsible for encouraging him to twist his sexuality, hoping his already miserable life becomes even more miserable, they can rot in hell for all I care. That crosses the line into evil in my book.

We should be playing along with Chris, and accepting what he shares with us, not deliberately tripping him up and twisting him into something that is totally hopeless. If he reaches out to us, OK. We can interact with him ON HIS TERMS. But not destructively. This forum should be like a one way mirror where we can observe the shenanigans without influencing them. I would be in favor of supporting any forum or site that takes that approach.

Flowers For Sonichu

2nd Team all-confefence in Kick the Autistic
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
Mistakes were made, and the people who made those mistakes have apologized for what happened. Let's just try to leave this all in the past and move on.

Null apologized about making the secret forum, staff denied any involvement, and ABL and Marvin said they just gave advice. The people (it's pretty obvious who it is but I'm respecting Null's wishes in the OP) who perpetrated this shit have neither fessed up nor apologized.

yaluj

Feelin' Irie
Null apologized about making the secret forum, staff denied any involvement, and ABL and Marvin said they just gave advice. The people (it's pretty obvious who it is but I'm respecting Null's wishes in the OP) who perpetrated this shit have neither fessed up nor apologized.
So you're saying then an apology is necessary? People think what was done is in fact bad?

yaluj

Feelin' Irie
I was pointing out the person I quoted was wrong. They don't need to apologize to me, but it is pretty chickenshit of them to remain silent about it.
Oh I see. I don't think any apologies are necessary. If people agree that what was done was bad, all that matters is that it doesn't happen again.

edit: Unless the people want an apology, of course. But it just doesn't seem to have any utility to it.

Last edited:

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
I was pointing out the person I quoted was wrong. They don't need to apologize to me, but it is pretty chickenshit of them to remain silent about it.
Hypothetically, there could be forum members plotting their own trolling plans that neither Null nor Marvin or myself have any knowledge of, and you'll never be aware of either.

Null

Ooperator
Oh I see. I don't think any apologies are necessary. If people agree that what was done was bad, all that matters is that it doesn't happen again.

edit: Unless the people want an apology, of course. But it just doesn't seem to have any utility to it.
I don't see people demanding an apology, nor do I see anyone really apologizing. It's just sort of a realization. I think the word I use in OP is the best way to describe it: It's a cathartic confession that wasn't really required or demanded.

Xarpho

It's another perfect day in the Routine Republic
So when pictures of the burned out 14BLC were released, they really didn't have a legitimate reason for being on the property after all?

4Macie

The Cow Dullahan
So when pictures of the burned out 14BLC were released, they really didn't have a legitimate reason for being on the property after all?
Why did you ever think they had a legit reason? Even if they had a legit reason, like say they worked with the cleanup crew, they technically shouldn't have been taking pictures and taking stuff from the site, that would be against their work rules. Either way, they dug through Chris's trash.

Zeorus

voilà la guimbarde
True & Honest Fan
I'm here way late to the party, but just wanted to throw in my take on this.

I've been relatively quiet on this forum since I got here (I found out about Chris from his mention on Cracked and started reading the CWCki, leading me here). In that time, however, I've come to really enjoy reading the updates and occasionally throwing in what I have to say (even though it's usually not much that's important or useful) and I've found a good community that I'd like to spend more time with.

I like the new direction you're taking this in, Null. And I commend you for making this post public. As funny as the old stuff is to me and as much a tiny ween part of me wishes I could have been around to be a part of it, the last video was just heartbreaking. I don't want to see this forum become the place that makes Chris' life even harder.

milkshark

Subtle Internet Blurb
Trolling is not necessarily a crime, depending on the circumstances. That's not to say that's it's a good or nice thing. Trolling and deceiving gullible people on the internet who are desperate for approval is kind of a bad thing to do. It's bad like spraypainting your tag on something, or stealing some candy bars, or drinking underage, or having sex with your girlfriend in her parents' house after sneaking in. My point is that the people who do these things are doing them for personal, selfish motivations and in order to achieve and maintain success, they must keep these dealings private and be sure not to be caught. This is common practice when doing any sort of bad thing, if you're good at it. The big problem with trolling Chris is there's a captive audience. Some of the actions mentioned in Null's post about all of this seem like there was a lot of attempts to please the captive audience that led to poor judgement. Impersonating an injured firefighter is low. Resurrecting the Gal Pals through fraudulent Facebook accounts is lower. It's one thing to kick a man when he's down but this one's considered by the state of Virginia to be a disabled adult child. Chris is funny, but he's human, and things got pretty dark around here with all of this targeted abuse. Chris ought to be hidden away a little better. He's been begging for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.