[X-Post] Closure of the CWCki Forum's Private Discussion Board -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xarpho

It's another perfect day in the Routine Republic
Why did you ever think they had a legit reason? Even if they had a legit reason, like say they worked with the cleanup crew, they technically shouldn't have been taking pictures and taking stuff from the site, that would be against their work rules. Either way, they dug through Chris's trash.

Yes, I felt that the homework leaks would be out of line for a worker, and then the CD that conveniently fell into the wrong hands after that.

But even before all that, I knew something was up--remember the leaks of Hello My Sweetie Baby and the other one regarding Cole's wedding? It was obvious to me then that SOMEONE was still keeping tabs on OPL's life, though not necessarily trolling him.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
Yes, I felt that the homework leaks would be out of line for a worker, and then the CD that conveniently fell into the wrong hands after that.

But even before all that, I knew something was up--remember the leaks of Hello My Sweetie Baby and the other one regarding Cole's wedding? It was obvious to me then that SOMEONE was still keeping tabs on OPL's life, though not necessarily trolling him.
Cole's wedding was 100% Chris. And/or Barb. No comment on other stuff.

Not to evade responsibility, but parts of Jackie were a group effort, and that particular thing... was not mine.

Incidentally, I've seen a lot of complaints about Jackie since her saga. Just to clear the air now, I'll admit that they're mostly right.

The Jackie stuff, like the whole Asperchu thing, was clearly autism on your part. I believe you do actually have medical grade autism though, so I can forgive you, especially since you have done a couple of funny things, like the Lars Call, and the time you asked Chris how he'd feel if his name was "Homo Sapien". I've never really felt any animosity towards you in the same way that I generally do towards other extreme A-Logs. It's more a sense of pity, because most of the stuff you've done is either a waste of the little scraps of creative and artistic talent you have, or pathetic in the most literal sense of the word.

Chuggernaut

Eye of the Shiticane
The Jackie stuff, like the whole Asperchu thing, was clearly autism on your part. I believe you do actually have medical grade autism though, so I can forgive you, especially since you have done a couple of funny things, like the Lars Call, and the time you asked Chris how he'd feel if his name was "Homo Sapien". I've never really felt any animosity towards you in the same way that I generally do towards other extreme A-Logs. It's more a sense of pity, because most of the stuff you've done is either a waste of the little scraps of creative and artistic talent you have, or pathetic in the most literal sense of the word.

Either Asperchu was a work of great meaning and you gained great insight into ABL like you're Grand Admiral Thrawn or you're A-Logging as hard as you claim any troll ever did.

Any point you tried to make was lost in that run on sentence. You seem to really dislike people on here. Not sure this is the right message board for you.

Afinepickle

An actual pickle
Late to the discussion here, but I'm largely in agreement with Null.

I've been following Chris myself since about '08 but I've never been an active participant/troller. I've just been watching, mostly out of fascination with Chris himself and the whole sociology/hierarchy that seemed to form around him and it really has just gotten sad at this point and I personally can understand just plain not being comfortable with it anymore, especially given these recent revelations on Null's part.

I think the removal of the Private Forum is a step in the right direction, I also think retooling the site to be more of a discussion center for Lolcows in general as opposed to Chris specifically is also a step in the right direction. Abnormal people with bizarre psychologies have always fascinated me and that's really what drew me here to the site in the first place, it was the only place where the strangest and most cringe worthy of the internet were being discussed and analyzed in any real way.

I don't think Chris discussion should go away but I think moving away from it as a focal point would result in growth for the forum. I like the idea.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
The CWCki Forums had a private discussion board that only people with VIP status can access. This is sort of a personal catharsis that I feel should be shared with the general public......

.....After my last thread, I've had some talks with at least half a dozen different people regarding this board. Between staff, users not in the know, and a VIP, the ultimate conclusion was that Private Discussion should be closed by January 2015.

There's there's three things I'd like to cover in this post.
  1. A review of what has been accomplished here.
  2. An understanding of why this conclusion was reached.
  3. What happens after the board is closed.

So, lets start with a review.

At some point, early on when I started hosting, I thought it would be a good idea to open a board for Marvin and Alec to communicate with staff. They, for the entirety of this board's existence, have kept their own plans, personas, and goals a secret from everyone I know of. There were some very light interactions, but nothing serious happened. This changed with ████████.

When I first saw Chris talking about his Highschool Reunion, my immediate thought was "someone is going to impersonate Chris's friends". And that happened. Up until I got ████████ PMs, I thought for sure anyone caught fucking around with the reunion and impersonating people would be banned, that changed when [they] had success.

See, ████████ got involved during the slowest period of Chris' history since his discovery. There was no information from Chris, no information from third parties, Facebook updates were months apart, and what we got when he did post was random bullshit that meant nothing. In fact, when this started, we didn't have an Update board because there were so few updates to report on, it was pointless. I had the idea of an update board for a long time before it was added, but people told me it was just wishful thinking on my part that Chris would ever be as loud as he is now again.

[Their] work with the impersonations became such a massive web, most people stopped following it. For a while, even I didn't keep in touch. There were too many people, too much going on, and too many "forwarded emails" to keep straight. After the house fire, there was an email sent as the injured firefighter. At this point, I asked [them] to stop. For whatever reason, probably a combination of feeling discouraged and being swamped by [real-life work], ████████ went quiet for a long time. [They] kept to [one of their identities] only, which hampered [their] ability to get content, but it felt better.

████████ entered the picture some time later. It started very innocuously with some drive-by pictures of Chris' house. In fact, IIRC, the first series of pictures was taken from a moving vehicle going too fast for any of the pictures to develop properly. This evolved to curb-side photography, and then eventually we started seeing papers from what had been thrown out. At some point this began to alarm community members. It didn't strike me as anything particularly offensive, though. This also changed when we started seeing pictures of the rental house. I don't know how ████████ got them. I'm assuming [they] saw them on the road and followed them home. All know is that it made me, and other staff, uncomfortable.

Around this time I ducked the forums for about a month. When I started appearing again, KatsuKitty informed me that ████████ wanted ████████ to have access to the Private Board. I didn't understand why, but I later found out [they were] a new galpal. ████████, I believe, has been the most tame out of all 5 of the VIPs. [They were] certainly the least involved, [they] played by many of the rules set out by previous Chris trolls, and I get the idea that a lot of this isn't wholly [their] idea.

This leads us up to today. We've seen the first video of Chris in a year. We've had the first audio of Chris since the Emily date. We've seen pictures, letters, and drawings we've never seen before.

So it would seem there's been peaks of success. A lot of new information. Why the decision?

The cost of this information is too high.

In the last video, Chris is so fucking pathetic and broken it hurts. He's desperately clinging to a relationship that borders on emotionally abusive. [They've] had [their] gifts of affection stolen from the person [they]'s given them to. He still clings to the idea of a reunion, even though he thinks that all of the people he used to know ridicule him. His mother is slowly dying, his family has ostracized him, he's had trolls pose as his very young cousin just to call him weird, he's thousands of dollars in debt and losing 30 fucking dollars from a single PayPal case can throw off his entire month's budget. It goes on, and on, and on.

And the worst part is, all of the intrapersonal problems I just mentioned are made up. ████████? Fake. Highschool friends? Fake. ████████? Fake. ████████? Fake. Every person he knows is us. I'm not okay with this.

He's completely drained. There's no fight there. Even the posture is different. He's sitting the, legs clasp together, hands laying limp in his lap. He's fucking burnt.

In short, the decision was reached for one big reason: We're not comfortable with this anymore. Trolling Chris isn't the same was it was 5 years ago. This is the closest thing to gangstalking that has ever existed, and the target is someone who is literally retarded.

But before anyone gets defensive, and I know it sounds like I'm blaming everyone, but the blame is on me. I made the board. I encouraged ████████. I encouraged ████████. I invited ████████. I did all of this so that I would have a say so that I would be in the know, so that I would be important without even doing anything. And it worked, I mean -- I guess I'm "inner circle" now. I know more than 99% of people, but at what cost?

I glorified obsessive behavior, I gave people badges and gold names for it, I built an echo chamber that caused a mentality to grow in people which was not healthy. I feel like I'm fucking evil for this shit......

.....I sincerely appreciate the amount of time people have invested into what I've created. Ultimately, and sadly, I believe the fun period of messing with Chris is now over forever. I have seen for my own eyes what even the most ambitious of efforts can bring about, and I don't think it's a good idea to encourage it anymore.

After reading and summarizing what's in the OP from Null... Yeah, I can see why you would do something like this - and you're in the right to be doing it, even if just to save some face here, in terms of worst aspects, despite having some really good intentions here...

Yeah, there are worse people out there who deserve this kind of attention - Chris isn't, nor really has been, one of those people, IMHO... Do what you gotta do.

Any point you tried to make was lost in that run on sentence. You seem to really dislike people on here. Not sure this is the right message board for you.

If you don't understand my point, then I'm not sure English is the right language for you.

I don't dislike Alec. As I said, I find some of his actions contemptible, but I can forgive them in light of his medical condition and the fact that he has occasionally been very funny.

Null

Ooperator
If you don't understand my point, then I'm not sure English is the right language for you.

I don't dislike Alec. As I said, I find some of his actions contemptible, but I can forgive them in light of his medical condition and the fact that he has occasionally been very funny.
Considering Alec isn't running Asperchu anymore and I know of no trolling plans from him, I'm not sure what the desired outcome of this is. Those calls are years old and these posts come off as more confrontational that what is required to make the point.

ABL's posts usually lack a certain level of subtly that most people in Chris' circles expect these days, but I've always sort of excused that on grounds that he has more reason to genuinely dislike Chris than most people. The calls he had with him were mostly geared towards trying to get Chris to compete with him for his fans in the comic book industry, and he made many efforts that failed to get Chris to even try. It's always come across that Alec just doesn't give a shit and has no desire to appear sympathetic towards him because of a level of personal disrespect.

You can say what you want, and I'm sure you will, but the general attitude I feel people have towards Alec is: he's allowed to be more blunt because Chris was a bit of a prick to him.

Considering Alec isn't running Asperchu anymore and I know of no trolling plans from him, I'm not sure what the desired outcome of this is. Those calls are years old and these posts come off as more confrontational that what is required to make the point.

I understand, and I apologise for this. I'll moderate my tone in future.

ABL's posts usually lack a certain level of subtly that most people in Chris' circles expect these days, but I've always sort of excused that on grounds that he has more reason to genuinely dislike Chris than most people. The calls he had with him were mostly geared towards trying to get Chris to compete with him for his fans in the comic book industry, and he made many efforts that failed to get Chris to even try. It's always come across that Alec just doesn't give a shit and has no desire to appear sympathetic towards him because of a level of personal disrespect.

You're kidding, right? Alec was a troll. He insinuated himself into Chris's life in order to provoke him. Why on earth would Alec have a legitimate personal reason to dislike Chris? Chris would never have even encountered him if Alec didn't formulate a big scheme to cause him problems for his own amusement.

Null

Ooperator
You're kidding, right? Alec was a troll. He insinuated himself into Chris's life in order to provoke him. Why on earth would Alec have a legitimate personal reason to dislike Chris? Chris would never have even encountered him if Alec didn't formulate a big scheme to cause him problems for his own amusement.
Well, no, I'm not kidding. From what I understand, he was just doing his comic stuff and when Chris found out and got huffy it positioned him in a way where he could become a troll. It wasn't his intention to begin with. I could be misinformed, intentionally or otherwise, but that's how I understand it and how it was explained to me.

There's no requirement to like Alec or Marvin, but my expectation is the same with any poster here: don't start up drama with people you don't get along with. Well, I mean, except in this thread I guess. I've specifically asked for no moderation here because it's very meta, and I don't want to silence any voice when it's such a high level discussion of forum policy (and indeed, close to me personally).

The lolcow board had a theory roaming around that Marvin and Alec were staff. Not technically true. They have the ability to lock threads in Discussion, but they don't have user management abilities and choose not to police tone or content. I've always seen VIPs as being just that: guests with some significance in their background. I don't give them labor duties or responsibilities, and never in their history have they demanded someone be banned from the board.

To sum up what I'm saying, it's fine to have disagreements with people, I just expect a certain level of order to be maintained. Don't go out of your way to make another person's time spent on the website uncomfortable.

Well, no, I'm not kidding. From what I understand, he was just doing his comic stuff and when Chris found out and got huffy it positioned him in a way where he could become a troll. It wasn't his intention to begin with. I could be misinformed, intentionally or otherwise, but that's how I understand it and how it was explained to me.

Null...the comic was about Chris. Almost every element of it was specifically designed to push Chris's buttons. I know Alec tried to tell Chris that the comic was nothing to do with him, but that is not the case.

To sum up what I'm saying, it's fine to have disagreements with people, I just expect a certain level of order to be maintained. Don't go out of your way to make another person's time spent on the website uncomfortable.

Noted.

Afinepickle

An actual pickle
Null...the comic was about Chris. Almost every element of it was specifically designed to push Chris's buttons. I know Alec tried to tell Chris that the comic was nothing to do with him, but that is not the case.

While that's true to an extent when Asperchu first started it wasn't so openly hostile to Chris nor specifically designed to push his buttons as such from what I could tell. Heck, the first chapter painted the Asperchu character who, yes, was an obvious Chris-inset, as actually well meaning if a bit doofy and even had him overcome his troll in the end. The comic didn't start REALLY taking its "oh FUCK Chris" kind of turn until Chris flipped out on Alec and was a dick to him.

Male Idiot

Az ember színe fehér.
A lot of people just put trolling under one big label.

I am fine with taunting Chris or making goofy parodies of him like Asperchu. He just got angry over it and ranted on youtube, which was some much needed exercise for him. Even digging through his trash is okey, if disgusting, since it will not harm Chris.

What I did feel a little uncomfortable around was conning him to destroy the Playstation, and making him drive to a long distance. Those did cause Chris to loose money.

The part that I felt crossed the line way too much, was the Bluespike and medal up the ass parts. Chris farting on a cake at worst leads to cake-smeared ass and a thrown out cake (unless Chris ate it) . Chris showing the medal up his butt could have caused internal bleeding, which is very dangerous.

"Catherine" was a grey area to me. Emotional abuse can lead to self inflicted harm, and "Catherine" seemed to do that.

I know I'm hypocritical here. Is it okey to poke the Chris to get an angry video, but its not okey to make him get hurt or loose a lot of money? That is just my personal opinion.

A lot of people here are going "All trolling is bad" when in the past they were okey with it. I think the "why" of it is that in the past, trolling just made Chris angry, and seldom made him this miserable. He raged, produced an angry video, and people laughed.

Now he is a broken manchild who just cries. There is no funny reply from him, just depression.

What had been poking an angry and comical bull has become beating a dead horse. Maybe in time he'll regenerate back to his old self, but most likely not.

I dont think the closure of the board for vIPS or the shift of the forum will be as big a deal than most people think. I think Null deserves kudos for saying what he did and the guys like Alec,Marvin etc do too for their past and present actions. Nothing they did was evil and all of it was an effort to essentially help Chris. We have to remember that if it wasn't for those and others, he wouldn't have any interaction except Barb. Imagine how bad he would be then.
Sure there is alot of talk about Catherine and trash digging here, but if we were in similar positions, well I know for me it would be hard to resist.
The upside to all this is that this thread has brought out plenty of voices who show their appriciation and fondness for the community and everyone's genuine feelings for Chris. Nobody hates him, and we all genuinely would like him to do better, but sadly its just not going to happen. God knows the VIPs over the years tried.
I am glad the Cwcki will be left alone and hope it continues to be updated, but as far as everything else, well it doesnt affect most of us so I don't see the big deal really.

Yawning Asperchu

"But you're better than normal...you're abnormal!"
True & Honest Fan
People on this forum ... made him drink his own semen

Nobody has ever forced Chris to drink his comeuppance, he does (or did) it all the time to preserve his sperm count. At least with the time he did it on video he (thought he) was made to add orange Fanta to it and then drink it, ensuring the pleasurable flavor trifecta of oranges, salt and bleach.

He Sets Me On Fire

says "Nope."
Retired Staff
Nobody has ever forced Chris to drink his comeuppance, he does (or did) it all the time to preserve his sperm count. At least with the time he did it on video he (thought he) was made to add orange Fanta to it and then drink it, ensuring the pleasurable flavor trifecta of oranges, salt and bleach.

That is something that does need clarification.

Driving to Ohio? Troll influenced. Bad idea, bad execution, bad results.
Cybering with a minor? Ibid.

These were things that should never have been allowed, but then again, considering the freedom children have had with the Internet for years, perhaps it wasn't feasible to stop bluespike at the time. Incidentally, the adult trolls did tell blue to stop forcing Chris to shove his medallion up his rectum.

Now, having said that ...

Gulping his own seed? Chris's idea.
Destroying his PS3? Chris's idea.
Destroying his PS3 without at least consulting the trolls first? Mr. Jinkies's brilliant thinking.
Tomgirl? Chris.
The Game Place incident? Chris (reportedly goaded by Barb).
Doxxing the Wallflower while lying about dating her? Ricardo.
Defacing Wal-Mart property? Kaka.
SheCameForCWC? CWC.
Behavior that would result in repeated banning? Fat Dummy's entitled thinking.
Attempts to fool and seduce Kacey? The unassailable genius formerly known as Christopher.

This is not meant to defend or endorse the current Chris trolling, nor to decry it, but merely to point out what the trolls have and have not been responsible for.

CatParty

Boo
True & Honest Fan
That is something that does need clarification.

Driving to Ohio? Troll influenced. Bad idea, bad execution, bad results.
Cybering with a minor? Ibid.

These were things that should never have been allowed, but then again, considering the freedom children have had with the Internet for years, perhaps it wasn't feasible to stop bluespike at the time. Incidentally, the adult trolls did tell blue to stop forcing Chris to shove his medallion up his rectum.

Now, having said that ...

Gulping his own seed? Chris's idea.
Destroying his PS3? Chris's idea.
Destroying his PS3 without at least consulting the trolls first? Mr. Jinkies's brilliant thinking.
Tomgirl? Chris.
The Game Place incident? Chris (reportedly goaded by Barb).
Doxxing the Wallflower while lying about dating her? Ricardo.
Defacing Wal-Mart property? Kaka.
SheCameForCWC? CWC.
Behavior that would result in repeated banning? Fat Dummy's entitled thinking.
Attempts to fool and seduce Kacey? The unassailable genius formerly known as Christopher.

This is not meant to defend or endorse the current Chris trolling, nor to decry it, but merely to point out what the trolls have and have not been responsible for.

also taint piercing was all chris

Silver

(not actually volcel)

you seem to really dislike autism in general
care to elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.