Xbox Maverick, the Disc-less Xbox One S

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Isn’t this just a different version of that “no used games” thing they tried last time?

2.D.

I need sunshine in a bag
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The beauty of physical media, especially high capacity versions of it, is that if your console bites the dust, you don't have to reinstall, or if you want to loan it to a friend so they can try it (and possibly buy it afterwards), then you could do that, too.
Hell, I may just be autistic, but I like seeing the stack of games I have for my console. It's a lot more satisfying and easy to work with than playing storage space tetris or having to uninstall your 250 gb game so that you can install literally anything else because the hard drives in the xboxes are usually piss poor unless you upgrade.

Humba Wumba

kiwifarms.net
People LIKE getting the physical disc, it makes them feel like they are getting more of a value for their dollar, when they buy digital it feels like they are buying nothing.

If people see a greater value, they will be more likely to purchase.

I suspect this is MS's way of combating second hand sales of games. If a copy of a game gets bought and sold 3 times, that is 2 people MS did not get any money for that otherwise would be stuck buying the game digitally

Nobunaga

Reject whores, embrace sword
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dude what the fuck?!

XBOX has like -3 exclusives and is objectively worse than the PS4 and their priority lies in removing the disc tray?!

DON’T YOU REALIZE THAT WAS THEIR PLAN ALL ALONG?!

They didn’t want people to share their used games.
They got stomped SO hard by Gamers for their plan that they STILL haven’t recovered from this.
Now this.

Just let them have their No Used Games Policy and Always On DRM and let them die in the alleyway.
Well said sonybro, let me post the image containing all the great ps4 exclusives to btfo xbox faggs once again

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
Radical, an even shittier xbox one.

Now this one can't even double as a bluray/DVD player, you cannot rent/borrow games for it, and the internet becomes an even larger requirement for it's use.

They should have called this "Project : Fuck Consumers" because holy shit is this worthless.

Who is this for? The XBOX 1 can be had for ~$130 dollars in many places, and the S for ~$160 - how much cheaper could this possibly be to even approach being worth it? It's a stripped out version of a three year old console, which itself is a cost cutting remake of a six year old console. Who on earth is in the market for a video game console but thinks $130 is too expensive?

EDIT -

Also, going discless makes it more expensive to buy old games. Heard the hype about how good Titanfall 2 is? Eat shit XBOX SAD owners.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/titanfall-2/c0x2hnvh08fb?activetab=pivot:overviewtab - $20 on the MS Store
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Titanfal...hguid=e8726c51-7c1-169516a7f31ead&athena=true - Or $4.50 from Walmart (more than 75% off from MS Store).

Last edited:

Mr. A. L. Mao

Has the inclinations to...mount women
kiwifarms.net
On one hand, going digital means no more scratched or missing discs, plus I don't have to get out of my chair everytime I want to switch games.

On the other hand, can you imagine how long the downloads would be?
As an owner of both an xbone and PS4, the xbone has pretty quick downloads, I've had some PS4 games take days(!!!) to download. However, on every other metric the PS4 is superior, especially the "has games worth playing" metric :story:

Dr. Boe Jangles Esq.

Original Prick
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 685919

Isn’t this just a different version of that “no used games” thing they tried last time?
More or less.
The "Let's try to get in on Steam and GOG's racket" trick has been tried. It doesn't work, because they won't ever do the things that make the aforementioned services work well. Try dropping the DRM bullshit, stop screwing the end user, and don't charge $40 for a game that's been out for 3 years.
Till then, hard pass.

I do have to applaud the brazenness of the attempt, however. Trying to get consumers to pay for the privilege of an inferior option with fewer features has a certain mercenary charm to it.
"Maverick" indeed.

Poiseon

I am literal poison.
kiwifarms.net
Ha, no. Xbox is thousands of times better then the ShitStation 4. Why would you want an ugly, clunky, poorly running piece of nigger shit made by chinks that's only for kids when you could have a superior American Xbox and actually enjoy playing video games? Fuck the ShitStation 4 and fuck you!
Lol. The murican Xbox assembled by chinks. Those chinks are far superior to the Sonychinks. The only thing you need to research when buying a console is this