Xbox Series X event feat. MatPat, Egoraptor, Jacksepticeye and Ninja -

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember some of his other cartoons being pretty funny too, but yeah, he peaked with Metal Gear Awesome.
That Knuckles chaotix cartoon was funny. And then there was Sequelitis. But it took forever for the 3rd episode to come out. And that cut into GameGrump's series on LTTP because Arin didn't wanted his opinions about LTTP and OOT to be spoiled.

why does the Xbox Series X sound like a confusing title for a console?
with a name like that, it should have been a handheld system.
I think they're trying to do a thing a la Windows 10, where the Series X is just going to be iterations upon itself instead of new hardware every 4-8 years.

I legitimately keep forgetting the xbox one is still around. It feels like they barley release any games for it. I almost feel a little sorry for xbox players.
I'm kind of excited for XSEX because of the backwards compatibility. They're trying to do what Sony was aiming for with the PS3. A ton of games spanning multiple console generations under one roof. At least the XSEX does this all in software so there isn't a threat of losing it down the line when they slim the console down. And the emulation is pretty fucking good. The OG Xbox lineup leaves something to be desired, but I'm hoping they'll put more games out after the system launch. The 360 linup is great though.

Sony probably could do the same with the PS5, but want to focus on PS5 titles instead. At least you'll get to play the "top 100 PS4" titles at launch. PS1 would be a no brainer and probably easy to implement. PS2 and PS3 is feasible, but Sony doesn't give a shit.

Last edited:

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I know it's unlikely due to Bizarre Creations having shut down almost a decade ago but, as always, I'm just hoping Microsoft announces a new Project Gotham Racing even if it's with Turn 10 handling the PGR IP for the first time.

• Agree
Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

The Last Stand

RIP Olivia de Havilland (1916-2020)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So Microsofts going after the child demo? That's all I get from them bringing a bunch of dipshit streamers and the game grumps guy...
They won't be able to afford the Xbox Series X. Not without Mommy and Daddy. I thought MS had their reveal in the bag after Sony screwed theirs up, but I guess not. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get another GTA V announcement.

MaterBaiter

It Just Works
kiwifarms.net
I just wanna say that I can't fucking stand Austin Evans' voice. He always does that weird thing with his intonation in the middle of sentences that makes it sound like he's constantly asking questions.

Also, he always wears shirts that are too small for him.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: jellycar

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
This whole thing is just bad. It's not even an awkward kind of bad that will lead to memes.

It's the worst type of bad, a boring type of bad.

If they wanted to sell me an Xbox Series X, they just need to put a real Banjo Kazooie Sequel on it and I'll buy it day one. None of this e-celeb bullshit or subscription service gamer pass garbage.

• Agree
Reactions: Sundae

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
That Knuckles chaotix cartoon was funny. And then there was Sequelitis. But it took forever for the 3rd episode to come out. And that cut into GameGrump's series on LTTP because Arin didn't wanted his opinions about LTTP and OOT to be spoiled.

I think they're trying to do a thing a la Windows 10, where the Series X is just going to be iterations upon itself instead of new hardware every 4-8 years.

I'm kind of excited for XSEX because of the backwards compatibility. They're trying to do what Sony was aiming for with the PS3. A ton of games spanning multiple console generations under one roof. At least the XSEX does this all in software so there isn't a threat of losing it down the line when they slim the console down. And the emulation is pretty fucking good. The OG Xbox lineup leaves something to be desired, but I'm hoping they'll put more games out after the system launch. The 360 linup is great though.

Sony probably could do the same with the PS5, but want to focus on PS5 titles instead. At least you'll get to play the "top 100 PS4" titles at launch. PS1 would be a no brainer and probably easy to implement. PS2 and PS3 is feasible, but Sony doesn't give a shit.
I am quite disappointed the PS5 won't be backwards compatible with the PS3 at least, I was really hoping for that.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I am quite disappointed the PS5 won't be backwards compatible with the PS3 at least, I was really hoping for that.
It's such a mess with how the hardware was that it's not surprising. There's stuff that hasn't been ported over simply because they can't seem to get it to to play nice with modern hardware. Part of the reason why they remade SOTC was because the PS3 HD version was pretty fucking busted. Wanderer couldn't grab on right and the physics were off compared to the PS2 version, this was a known issue for years that they were unable to fix. God of War 3's invincibility exploit was also a product of the PS3 hardware fucking with everything and causing a game wide glitch that made Kratos impossible to kill.

However the good news is, PS1 and PS2 games can play nice with the PS5 and those might be able to be unlocked.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
It's such a mess with how the hardware was that it's not surprising. There's stuff that hasn't been ported over simply because they can't seem to get it to to play nice with modern hardware. Part of the reason why they remade SOTC was because the PS3 HD version was pretty fucking busted. Wanderer couldn't grab on right and the physics were off compared to the PS2 version, this was a known issue for years that they were unable to fix.

However the good news is, PS1 and PS2 games can play nice with the PS5 and those might be able to be unlocked.
Yeah, it's not surprising considering what a mess the PS3 was, but it sure would be convenient, I've not hooked up my PS3 in well over 5 years even though there's still a few games I'd like to play or revisit, but not enough to make the hassle of hooking it up seem worth it to me, so the PS3 remains in a dead zone for me.

I mean it's not that big of a deal to hook it up obviously, but it sure would be convenient to have every HD era Playstation game accessible from one platform.

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sony is of the mind set that they want their customers to rebuy their games. They're willing to put the time in to port games from PS3 to PS5 or whatever. And in the cases where that's not possible, they'll just release games as PS1/2/3 classics.

Is the Cell processor that much different from Power PC? MS gave IBM money to allow them to know the PS3 specs and built the 360 around PowerPC too. And all the 360 BC titles are spot on / even better than 360. Or is the nVidia chip? If its the latter, probably the reason why all consoles use AMD chips for GPUs.

MS is of that mindset too. But they allow companies to keep selling the original versions of their games. They don't have to change anything and let MS handle the heavy lifting. And people who own the games on discs aren't left in the cold. They can user their disc copies as a check disc to download and run games. It is way move convenient to just rebuy it digitally so you don't have to have the disc on hand when you want to play it.

Robert James

Not your average John Smith
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Danny and Ego are effectivley the same person and Jack and Mark are in such a deep hot sweaty jew love they got together and made their own shitty merchandise. It's just weird to see them apart.

Also does X-box have any originals besides Halo? cause they are ridding chief harder than Nintendo rides Mario at this point.

Reactions: supremeautismo
Yeah, it's not surprising considering what a mess the PS3 was, but it sure would be convenient, I've not hooked up my PS3 in well over 5 years even though there's still a few games I'd like to play or revisit, but not enough to make the hassle of hooking it up seem worth it to me, so the PS3 remains in a dead zone for me.

I mean it's not that big of a deal to hook it up obviously, but it sure would be convenient to have every HD era Playstation game accessible from one platform.
It is one of those things I hate the most about going from Generation to Generation.

Astro Galactic Megalul

I is more stronger than Darth Vapor
kiwifarms.net
What's the point? I'm looking forward to the show itself, with all the studios Microsoft bought over the last few years, there's a good chance we'll see a lot of new IPs, as well as return of beloved franchises such as Fable.

... but why in the fuck would I care about these people?

JD Witherspoon - actor, who?
Lamarr Wilson - youtuber, who?
Laurenzside - who?
I think these are just checkmarks on their duhversity list

I know it's unlikely due to Bizarre Creations having shut down almost a decade ago but, as always, I'm just hoping Microsoft announces a new Project Gotham Racing even if it's with Turn 10 handling the PGR IP for the first time.
You mean the BLUR developers?

Last edited:
Tags
None