Xbox Series X event feat. MatPat, Egoraptor, Jacksepticeye and Ninja -

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know why people still talk about Microsoft offering their exclusives on windows. More people get to play, it's win win. They don't really care if you're buying the console or buying windows TBQH.

I'd be more worried with the games they release just sucking.
Me too. We're finally getting good Xbox games ported to PC and people are apparently willing to fuck it up to make "Xbox has no games" jokes. Microsoft is making good money from PC players paying for the game pass, they almost certainly see it as a good thing.

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Microsoft is laughing all the way to the bank. They could have the Series X bomb at launch and it doesn't matter. They'll still pump money into it. As long as Microsoft is getting people to play THEIR games on THEIR console or THEIR operating system, its a win for them.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Me too. We're finally getting good Xbox games ported to PC and people are apparently willing to fuck it up to make "Xbox has no games" jokes. Microsoft is making good money from PC players paying for the game pass, they almost certainly see it as a good thing.
I applaud Microsoft's approach and wish every publisher did this actually.

Not everyone can afford gaming PC's, for the more casual audience a console is fine and for the more hardcore audience you have PC, that's perfect.

I wish even Sony and yes, Nintendo did this as well, Sony has already dipped it's toe into PC releases as a matter of fact and I hope we see more.

For preservation sake at least everything should get PC releases so they'll be easier to access in the long term.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
And if they jump into the PC ecosystem, the games come with them. And with added performance and customization options, it's a win win.

The Xbox brand can coexist with PC.
It makes perfect sense for Xbox especially because Xbox has always had ties to PC, the console started life as the "DirectXbox" and it was simply supposed to be a console that played PC games, even though that didn't quite work out, the basic gist of bringing the PC experience to a console was the same, hence why the Xbox in its early days had either continuations of series that started out on PC like Mechwarrior or Crimson Skies or games from developers who had only or primarily done computer games up to that point like Bungie or Peter Molyneux.

Hyrip123876

Chernobyl FM
kiwifarms.net
This is exactly what they said with Mass Effect 3 isn't it?
Normally I'd agree but 343 Halo is a chain of disconnected stories LARPing as a trilogy.
Halo 4 and 5 suffered because the narrative wasn't engaging (and downright offensive when contrasted with Bungie era) and nobody really wanted 6 to be a game all about fighting Cortana's Promethean bodyguards.
>Caring about story mode in a shooter
Halo lore is pretty good but that's not the point. The story contextualises the weapons available and enemies you fought-- who in 4 and 5 just weren't as fun to play against as Grunt-Jackal-Elite-Hunter combo that was once the series' bread and butter.
This is to say nothing of the gameplay adjustments to try to keep up with fast-paced CoD-- essentially 343 trying to make Halo something it never was. Multiplayer figures bear this out btw. Since Reach Halo's online scene has pretty much died since the games stopped being Halo-like and more like off-brand CoD, but why wouldn't you just play CoD if thats what you liked?
One thing Bungie did fantastically was make a deep, morally grey and sincerely bleak universe, but leaving most of it just out of sight so that millions of gamers could enjoy a straightforward shooter adventure. If you wanted to dig in there was a wealth of knowledge. Unfortunately 343 took this lore and felt it necessary to shove it in everybody's face in place of stakes they crafted themselves.

Altogether I guess the point I'm trying to make here is simplicity might help Halo here. Its problem since 4 has been trying to innovate yet generally fail to make that mesh with the tone and gameplay of the originals.
On the point of choppy graphics, how much is down to Series X's alleged scaleability(the game will need to run on a variety of specs), how much is due to dev incompetence (in which case, explain Halo 4, 5, and 2Remaster) and then how much is down to coronavirus(which sliced 3 solid months off development)?

Thiletonomics

도널드 트럼프 승리의 소금.
kiwifarms.net
The announcement of the new Forza Motorsport game is very underwhelming, considering how Gran Turismo 7's announcement drew much more hype, even though the details of that game is very little, and that game's release date is also TBA.

Also, it makes you wonder what Turn 10 has been doing since 2019, when they ended updates for Forza Motorsport 7.

Last edited:

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
It makes perfect sense for Xbox especially because Xbox has always had ties to PC, the console started life as the "DirectXbox" and it was simply supposed to be a console that played PC games, even though that didn't quite work out, the basic gist of bringing the PC experience to a console was the same, hence why the Xbox in its early days had either continuations of series that started out on PC like Mechwarrior or Crimson Skies or games from developers who had only or primarily done computer games up to that point like Bungie or Peter Molyneux.
Also, with the Xbox being so much like an actual computer nowadays, the porting of their first party games is a lot easier. And they're usually very well optimized. To squeeze every drop of performance out of the underwhelming Xbox One, games have to be properly multithreaded. So when you throw them on a PC with high specs you can really crank up the visual setting and/or frame rates.

• Optimistic
Reactions: The Last Stand

Titos

Can't stop. Won't stop. Please stop.
kiwifarms.net
Basically all my thoughts
-Halo Infinites gameplay looked fun but the graphics look like ass, granted I'm sure about 70% of the reason why is shit lighting which might be fixed
-Everwild looks great from an art perspective, I love crazy fictional animals in general though. Still have no clue what the game actually is though
-Psychonauts 2 looks like one of the few cases of a cult classic getting a sequel a decade later and actually being good.
-Avowed might be good, might be dogshit. I enjoyed the first planet of Outer Worlds but dropped off hard afterwards.
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 might not be a full blown scam so that's good
-I don't like 40k but I'm down for Vermintide with guns
-Dontnod continues being the biggest pile of shit that is somehow successful
-If State of Decay 3 manages to not launch a buggy mess and they fix the story issues of 2 then it could be good fun
-Fable looks to have perfectly captured the humor and atmosphere of the original, yeah it's a CG trailer but Playground is one of the few devs I actually trust to not actively fuck up

The announcement of the new Forza Motorsport game is very underwhelming, considering how Gran Turismo 7's announcement drew much more hype, even though the details of that game is very little, and that game's release date is also TBA.

Also, it makes you wonder what Turn 10 has been doing since 2019, when they ended updates for Forza Motorsport 7.

I'm hoping this will be good, but they really need to do something to change up the formula since aside from graphics and car roster the only real changes since FM1 were the rewinds in 3 and the weather in 6. It needs something like a track editor, or career mode.

JonesMcCannister

Who was dragged down by the stone
kiwifarms.net
Agreed. Too much "in-engine" footage. I'm curious to see what Obsidian is up to with their next game, but the teaser gives me nothing to run with outside of "first-person fantasy RPG."

I did get a chuckle from the Grounded trailer due to mentioning Cyberpunk 2077.
The Obsidian games looking like Skyrim 2: Electric Boogaloo, which sounds sick honestly. Hoping it's Skyrim but a better RPG with combat that isn't dogshit. Grounded like pretty cool, I'm excited for a new survival game. Although by the look and the artstyle it'll probably be neutered pvp for the kiddies.

I applaud Microsoft's approach and wish every publisher did this actually.

Not everyone can afford gaming PC's, for the more casual audience a console is fine and for the more hardcore audience you have PC, that's perfect.

I wish even Sony and yes, Nintendo did this as well, Sony has already dipped it's toe into PC releases as a matter of fact and I hope we see more.

For preservation sake at least everything should get PC releases so they'll be easier to access in the long term.
Those companies don't have an OS for the pc so they can't compete on that level. Plus the more people on Windows 10 the more data Microsoft gets to harvest and sell to the jewish advertisers.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cantercoin

Titos

Can't stop. Won't stop. Please stop.
kiwifarms.net
The Obsidian games looking like Skyrim 2: Electric Boogaloo, which sounds sick honestly. Hoping it's Skyrim but a better RPG with combat that isn't dogshit. Grounded like pretty cool, I'm excited for a new survival game. Although by the look and the artstyle it'll probably be neutered pvp for the kiddies.
There's a demo for Grounded or at least was on Steam, I'm pretty sure there's no PVP at all in the game. From what I played of the demo the game seems pretty fun, I liked the sense of actual exploration instead of going to waypoints and shit. I'm not one for survival games but it seemed from what I played that it might be fun to fuck around in. Then again that could just be me being an autist when it comes to bugs.

Annexer

You push a button,something AWESOME has to happen.
kiwifarms.net
Who the fuck cares what will hurt the consoles in the long run?
Do you fucking work for these companies?

What kind of a dumbass do you have to be to care about that.
Decades of console marketing has rotted your fucking brains you waste of life console fanboys.
Do the world a favor and just twist your head a little until everything just goes black.

Also if you champion exclusives you should OFF all of your family and friends too so they don't spread your dumbfuck genes and ideologies to others.

Tags
None