Xbox Series X event feat. MatPat, Egoraptor, Jacksepticeye and Ninja -

JonesMcCannister

Who was dragged down by the stone
kiwifarms.net
There's a demo for Grounded or at least was on Steam, I'm pretty sure there's no PVP at all in the game. From what I played of the demo the game seems pretty fun, I liked the sense of actual exploration instead of going to waypoints and shit. I'm not one for survival games but it seemed from what I played that it might be fun to fuck around in. Then again that could just be me being an autist when it comes to bugs.
Bugs are cool and all but I feel it would get boring without pvp, survival games are all about emergent gameplay from interacting with hostile players in the world. Imagine Rust without pvp, it would be the most boring game ever created. As long as they have a lot of content it could still be good but not my kind of game

Overcooked Raccoon

Robotnik is still the bae.
kiwifarms.net
No DarksydePhil? :stress: Very disappointing.
I am two days late to this thread and this one comment already has me snorting out soda.

Stuff looked alright but Balan Wonderworld honestly stole the show for me.

Sega has been getting royally fucked between Bomb Rush Cyberfunk and Balan being answers to them not making new products. Hell this entire year has been directors and fans making products to meet the demand the big companies are either failing to give or just ignoring outright.

Those Naoto Ohshima designs feel like I walked into a time machine in the best way possible, def keeping my eyes on it.

Dunsparce

Out of Control
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm aware. If they hadn't done that stupid deal back in 2002 things would be different
I really think they would have a bigger impact if they were still independent.
No one cares about the games they made when they were independent(1985-1993), outside of Battletoads.

Most of the games people care about are from when they were a second party company to Nintendo (1994-2002), starting with their first project under them, Donkey Kong Country,

jellycar

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No one cares about the games they made when they were independent(1985-1993), outside of Battletoads.

Most of the games people care about are from when they were a second party company to Nintendo (1994-2002), starting with their first project under them, Donkey Kong Country,
I know. I'm talking Banjo Kazooie onwards

doulomb

kiwifarms.net
I know. I'm talking Banjo Kazooie onwards
I think theres a good chance that Nintendo and Microsoft continue to team up in the future since I think both companies have sort of realized they aren't competing in the same space. We also saw Ori come to switch so my guess is that Microsoft will allow timed exclusives, and probably at some point a collection pack on switch like Rare Replay. Of course I'd be very surprised if Nintendo allowed any of its IPs to come to pc or xbox though.

jellycar

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think theres a good chance that Nintendo and Microsoft continue to team up in the future since I think both companies have sort of realized they aren't competing in the same space. We also saw Ori come to switch so my guess is that Microsoft will allow timed exclusives, and probably at some point a collection pack on switch like Rare Replay. Of course I'd be very surprised if Nintendo allowed any of its IPs to come to pc or xbox though.
I would love to play Conker's Bad Fur Day. I rented it from Blockbuster but then like a dumbass I immediately noticed the 18+ label so we had to return it as we exited. I regret not sticking with it.

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
I'm hoping this will be good, but they really need to do something to change up the formula since aside from graphics and car roster the only real changes since FM1 were the rewinds in 3 and the weather in 6. It needs something like a track editor, or career mode.
I'm sure it will be good, but I think it needed to be a launch title. And I don't even play Motorsport, only Horizon.

I understand this is the real world and they can't do Forza, this, that and the other by launch day. So you push back the 'other.' Or you push back the 'that.' You don't push back Forza.

When Bungie was making Halo CE, everything else got put on hold to make launch date. I really think Turn 10 should have done the same, especially considering how they already got an extra year to work on it.

Thiletonomics

도널드 트럼프 승리의 소금.
kiwifarms.net
I'm sure it will be good, but I think it needed to be a launch title. And I don't even play Motorsport, only Horizon.

I understand this is the real world and they can't do Forza, this, that and the other by launch day. So you push back the 'other.' Or you push back the 'that.' You don't push back Forza.

When Bungie was making Halo CE, everything else got put on hold to make launch date. I really think Turn 10 should have done the same, especially considering how they already got an extra year to work on it.
On the other hand, given how Polyphony Digital did not give a release date for Gran Turismo 7, and it's unlikely that GT7 will be ready as a launch day title for PS5, that gives Turn 10 a bit of room. The reveal was still disappointing though.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: heyitsmike

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
On the other hand, given how Polyphony Digital did not give a release date for Gran Turismo 7, and it's unlikely that GT7 will be ready as a launch day title for PS5, that gives Turn 10 a bit of room.
Do you think Turn 10 saw that and figured they had a little more time to work with?

FunPosting101

Ebin posting only. No other posts allowed. :DDDD
kiwifarms.net
I saw some stuff that looks promising, A new Halo, Fable, a 40k version of Vermintide, AKA Darktide, Avowed, (Bethesda needs some competition, so I'm hoping that Obsidian can do a good job here. :optimistic: ) STALKER 2, Crossfire,(I like shooters, motherfuckers, don't judge me.) if you're into weeb stuff Phantasy Star Online 2 seems good as well. The rest of the teasers/trailers shown were either okay, meh, or cringe, depending on how much woke bullshit will be in the other games in question.

The Last Stand

I need more gin.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also, it makes you wonder what Turn 10 has been doing since 2019, when they ended updates for Forza Motorsport 7.
I assume they've been working on the next Forza. How expensive are car licenses? Each time a new Forza comes out, since 5, the previous one gets delisted.

I think they should just make Forza a platform moving forward. All those cars and tracks for each game doesn't make sense. Then they could just sell one, maybe two with Horizon, and update it accordingly.

Titos

Can't stop. Won't stop. Please stop.
kiwifarms.net
I assume they've been working on the next Forza. How expensive are car licenses? Each time a new Forza comes out, since 5, the previous one gets delisted.

I think they should just make Forza a platform moving forward. All those cars and tracks for each game doesn't make sense. Then they could just sell one, maybe two with Horizon, and update it accordingly.
I feel like Motorsport being a platform makes sense since really the main thing that a new game adds is just better graphics, some cars, and maybe a track or two. Horizon should keep getting sequels I feel, since half the appeal of those games is the new location they're set in.

Racist Trash

The piece of rubbish on the floor has returned!
kiwifarms.net
yay, more showing of so called exclusives that you can play on PC later.

That's the best thing get a PC and you get pretty much every game you want in one place and you aren't a slave to one single manufacturer of hardware.

Miller

👉⭐>👉👃
kiwifarms.net

I've heard that it can be quite expensive and there's also the risk of having a studio get the exclusivity on one brand. I remember one Forza (5?) couldn't have Porsche because EA had a deal with them.
Turn 10 better push the enveloppe now that they're the only studio making Forza games (Playground Games is too busy with Fable). The Horizon spin-off was quite a success.

• Informative
Reactions: The Last Stand

Titos

Can't stop. Won't stop. Please stop.
kiwifarms.net
I've heard that it can be quite expensive and there's also the risk of having a studio get the exclusivity on one brand. I remember one Forza (5?) couldn't have Porsche because EA had a deal with them.
Turn 10 better push the enveloppe now that they're the only studio making Forza games (Playground Games is too busy with Fable). The Horizon spin-off was quite a success.
Playground has two teams, an RPG team and a racing team. They're still working on a Horizon game, it just probably won't be out until 2022 since Motorsport is probably 2021.

Tags
None