"Y'all" and "folks" -

Oglooger

Prophet of Daddy Yakub
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
despite being Texan, I have to watch myself when using it online. it's annoying since it's an easy way to refer to multiple people in second person at once. I bet you most of these hipsters don't actually use it IRL though.

what about “YEE-HAH”
the only people I know who use Yee-Haw around these parts are women who try too hard to seem southern.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
Herr TaimuRadiu is a good ole boy so it kind of seeps into my speech naturally.

When conversing with SJW types I use "white folx."

The Littlest Shitlord

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Interesting to see people complaining about the language police, suddenly wanting to be the language police when its people they don't like.
Let me know when someone actually wants to censor it. Personally, I find it much more convenient when a certain class of loathesome idiots has an obvious verbal "tell" so that they can be recognized the instant they open their mouth.

Iwasamwillbe

Ar-Rahman, Ar-Rahim - The Beneficent, The Merciful
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Actually OP said " It's grating, it's annoying, it's dumb, and I don't get the point."

Weird never even was a word they used
So yeah, i think its working for that 1 percent who use it with malice.
"Refuting" some minor point to avoid addressing the main one.

Typical Redditor.

Tour of Italy

New York spaghetti, never forghetti
kiwifarms.net
I’ve seen instances where it’s definitely a consequence of the speaker being smug and condescending, but I wouldn’t discount the fact that literally anybody from the south is going to use it without a second thought, regardless of socioeconomic status. It’s possible it just spread from there; I’m sure some people started using it to sound folksy, but just by the numbers I’m sure a large percentage of it is organic.

A lot of people who otherwise don’t have a an accent use “y’all” as their go-to when addressing groups, without a hint of irony. That’s just how it is anywhere south of DC. Even a lot of people from the metropolitan areas in northern VA.

Cardenio

Calarts Graduate
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dorks online have always tried to make their comments stick out by using unusual text and jargon.

In the early days it was done thru 1337 speak and then it's utterly retarded child lolspeak. Now LEET makes you look deservedly like an autist and lolspeak is uncool thanks to Caturday spreading to even old ladies. Reddit flirted with inserting "Le" instead of "The" and then that got stereotyped with the Fedora autist. Then niggaspeak came along but now that can get you cancelled.

Finally we have people trying to imitate country slang and the reason it's not heavily mocked is that "Folks" and "Ya'll" just doesn't make your online presence look geeky. You might be a giant faggot but for a lot of people not looking like a nerd is a big relief.

Last edited:

Coleman Francis

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>pulls up in a Prius

Blacks are the only reason the south has actual culture and cuisine.
Wearing oversized pants that won't stay up and leaving the price tags on tennis shoes and baseball caps isn't cultured, it's just retarded.

On the yall topic: when I was younger, I had no idea that yall was a slang word. I thought that it was a genuine contraction for "you all".

Coleman Francis

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey well maybe white people should stop leaving the price tags on food, because everything you people serve is raw and not seasoned.
You must be a yankee because that makes no sense to a Southerner who is at all times surrounded by superb white culinary masters. I hear black and white yankees consider salt "too spicy".

Last edited:

Baseton Repillé

aight fuck it
kiwifarms.net
It's part of this thing that middle class leftists do where they act like they have some kind of affinity to white working class culture, even though the truth is there is nothing they hate more. This picture I got from reddit is a pretty good example. To these people a "real redneck" is just some kind of poor rural version of themselves. The inconvenient truth is that the average redneck likes Florida Georgia Line more than Woody Guthrie and even if he can't afford a Browning or an F-250, it's what he aspires to. Hating plebs is fine but hating them and pretending you don't is faggot-tier.

oFhhquK.jpg

• Horrifying
Reactions: Exterminatus
Tags
None