Megathread Yaniv in the News -

Army Burger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

A B.C. woman who made headlines for a failed human rights complaint alleging she was discriminated against by aestheticians who wouldn’t wax her male genitalia is facing criminal charges.

The Langley RCMP says Jessica Yaniv, 32, is facing two counts of possession of a prohibited weapon after brandishing a taser in a video feud with another YouTube user.

Police said that on Aug. 5 they received multiple reports of a Langley woman who had brandished the weapon during a live stream.

READ MORE: Transgender woman denied waxing of male genitals wasn’t discriminated against: Tribunal
“During the streaming, the weapon was not deployed TOWARD anyone,” said police in a media release.

In the hour-long video, Yaniv, who is transgender, is engaged in a debate with right-wing YouTuber and political commentator Blaire White, who is also transgender, centred around Yaniv’s human rights complaint.

At one point when the debate becomes heated, Yaniv goes off-screen momentarily before responding to White.

2:06Human Rights tribunal on transgender waxing complaint
Human Rights tribunal on transgender waxing complaint

“I don’t need to be scared in my own house, that I’m going to get (expletive) attacked,” says Yaniv, before raising a taser and activating it on screen.

After viewing the video, RCMP attended Yaniv’s house and arrested her. A search of the property the following day found two conducted electrical weapons, said RCMP.

In October, the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal issued a scathing ruling against Yaniv, finding her multiple complaints of discrimination against aestheticians, most of whom were women of visible minorities, were made in bad faith.

Yaniv had alleged that the aestheticians had denied her intimate waxing services because she was transgender.

READ MORE: B.C. Human Rights Tribunal to take up to 3 months to decide transgender waxing case
The tribunal found Yaniv had repeatedly been deceptive and had sought to target small businesses for financial gain “or to punish certain ethnic groups which she perceives as hostile to the rights of LGBTQ+ people.”

It further found that the workers could not be compelled to perform intimate services on male genitalia and that refusing to do so did not amount to discrimination.

She was ordered to pay $2,000 each to three of the respondents in the case.

Global News has requested comment from Yaniv.

Yaniv is due back in court on Jan. 13, 2020 to face the weapons charges.

Editor’s note: This article has been updated to reflect that both Yaniv and White are transgender people

pr3nt177

kiwifarms.net

A B.C. woman who made headlines for a failed human rights complaint alleging she was discriminated against by aestheticians who wouldn’t wax her male genitalia is facing criminal charges.

The Langley RCMP says Jessica Yaniv, 32, is facing two counts of possession of a prohibited weapon after brandishing a taser in a video feud with another YouTube user.

Police said that on Aug. 5 they received multiple reports of a Langley woman who had brandished the weapon during a live stream.

READ MORE: Transgender woman denied waxing of male genitals wasn’t discriminated against: Tribunal
“During the streaming, the weapon was not deployed TOWARD anyone,” said police in a media release.

In the hour-long video, Yaniv, who is transgender, is engaged in a debate with right-wing YouTuber and political commentator Blaire White, who is also transgender, centred around Yaniv’s human rights complaint.

At one point when the debate becomes heated, Yaniv goes off-screen momentarily before responding to White.

2:06Human Rights tribunal on transgender waxing complaint
Human Rights tribunal on transgender waxing complaint

“I don’t need to be scared in my own house, that I’m going to get (expletive) attacked,” says Yaniv, before raising a taser and activating it on screen.

After viewing the video, RCMP attended Yaniv’s house and arrested her. A search of the property the following day found two conducted electrical weapons, said RCMP.

In October, the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal issued a scathing ruling against Yaniv, finding her multiple complaints of discrimination against aestheticians, most of whom were women of visible minorities, were made in bad faith.

Yaniv had alleged that the aestheticians had denied her intimate waxing services because she was transgender.

READ MORE: B.C. Human Rights Tribunal to take up to 3 months to decide transgender waxing case
The tribunal found Yaniv had repeatedly been deceptive and had sought to target small businesses for financial gain “or to punish certain ethnic groups which she perceives as hostile to the rights of LGBTQ+ people.”

It further found that the workers could not be compelled to perform intimate services on male genitalia and that refusing to do so did not amount to discrimination.

She was ordered to pay $2,000 each to three of the respondents in the case.

Global News has requested comment from Yaniv.

Yaniv is due back in court on Jan. 13, 2020 to face the weapons charges.

Editor’s note: This article has been updated to reflect that both Yaniv and White are transgender people
I've just been reading a couple of newspapers/media articles, local to Langley, and my first thought was I wonder how momma is coping knowing that everyone around her will now be aware (if for some reason they weren't beforehand) of her son's behaviour. :lit:

You reap what you sow momma. Enjoy.

Army Burger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Trans activist involved in controversial waxing complaints facing weapons charges
Andrew Weichel
Andrew Weichel
CTVNewsVancouver.ca producer
@ctvandrew Contact
Published Monday, December 16, 2019 5:35PM PSTLast Updated Monday, December 16, 2019 5:53PM PST
Yaniv

Jessica Yaniv (right) is seen in a YouTube debate that was published on Aug. 5, 2019. She has been charged with two counts of possession of a prohibited weapon.

VANCOUVER -- The transgender activist who filed a series of controversial human rights complaints against B.C. waxing salons is now facing weapons charges, according to police.
Langley RCMP officers were called to 32-year-old Jessica Yaniv's home after she allegedly held up a Taser during a live YouTube debate back in August.
Yaniv had been discussing concerns about her personal safety at the time.
Related Stories
"I don't need to be scared in my own house that I'm going to get (expletive) attacked," she says in the video.
The RCMP said multiple people reported the video to the Langley detachment, and that officers were sent to Yaniv's home to arrest her.
They returned the next day with a search warrant and allegedly found two conducted electrical weapons at the property.
Yaniv has since been charged with two counts of possession of a prohibited weapon. Authorities noted "the weapon was not deployed TOWARD anyone" during the YouTube debate.
Yaniv made international headlines after filing numerous complaints in B.C.'s Human Rights Tribunal accusing salon workers of discrimination for refusing to wax her genitals.
The tribunal ultimately sided with the workers, and ordered Yaniv to pay $2,000 each to all three of the estheticians who filed a defence in the case.

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
cross-posting this from the main thread

WGKitty interview on The Meow Mix:

I wish Kitty would come home to the farms. :(

Oh wait, Kitty's back! yay! I was gettin honestly worried when the account hadn't logged in since Hallow'een, but it looks like it was logged in yesterday.

WGkitty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wish Kitty would come home to the farms. :(

Oh wait, Kitty's back! yay! I was gettin honestly worried when the account hadn't logged in since Hallow'een, but it looks like it was logged in yesterday.
I'm still here! I've been using another account to follow another thread. This one has uhh maybe too much personal info about me tied to it, like my home address.

Jahfari

The trolling Wolf
kiwifarms.net
I think its so hilarious that every newspaper calls Jonathan a „transgender activist“ just because Jonathan gave this title to himself. I mean, just because someone calls himself an activist doesnt make you one. And Jonathan didnt even did anything good for the transgender community.

So im just gonna claim to be a Doctor. And when im famous every newspaper will call me Doctor Jahfari xD

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm still here! I've been using another account to follow another thread. This one has uhh maybe too much personal info about me tied to it, like my home address.
Oh good to hear. And ya that makes complete sense. Especially if you used actual RL info in it's setup. Maybe Null can give you a hand with that considering the circumstances, but either way glad you didn't totally disappear on us. You provided so many 'ments and then seemed to go silent that some of us were a bit concerned but glad all is well.

Dead Man Typing

kiwifarms.net
I think its so hilarious that every newspaper calls Jonathan a „transgender activist“ just because Jonathan gave this title to himself. I mean, just because someone calls himself an activist doesnt make you one. And Jonathan didnt even did anything good for the transgender community.

So im just gonna claim to be a Doctor. And when im famous every newspaper will call me Doctor Jahfari xD
Nuh-uh! He's got a Doctorate! Recognition from a well-known public body!

SJU-Registrar-Jessica-Yaniv-Supporting-Document-1.jpg
SJU-Registrar-Jessica-Yaniv-Supporting-Document-2.jpg
SJU-Registrar-Jessica-Yaniv-Supporting-Document-3.jpg
SJU-Certificate-Jessica-Yaniv.jpg
SJU-Registrar-Jessica-Yaniv.jpg

There is much tard cum to be got from this lolco.w.

Army Burger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Rights centre says trans activist Jessica Yaniv has filed new suit against B.C. salon over waxing refusal

She Point Beauty Studio, a salon run by women of Sikh faith, says it was approached by Yaniv seeking a Brazilian bikini wax and leg waxing

Jessica Yaniv poses for a photograph in Vancouver, on Friday July 26, 2019.
Darryl Dyck for National Post
National Post Staff
National Post Staff

January 7, 2020
9:42 AM EST

In a media release, the Centre for Constitutional Freedoms says it has been retained to defend another beauty salon that has had a complaint launched against it by Jessica Yaniv, the transgender activist who previously sued B.C. salons because they refused to wax her.

Yaniv, a transgender woman, previously took action against a number of B.C. salons that refused to wax her scrotum during bikini waxes that she had requested, but in a ruling earlier this year on three such complaints, the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal dismissed her argument. The tribunal, in October, said she launched the complaints for financial gain, and that she was determined to seek revenge against South Asian people, whom she perceived as being anti-transgender.

She “targeted small businesses, manufactured the conditions for a human rights complaint, and then leveraged that complaint to pursue a financial settlement from parties who were unsophisticated and unlikely to mount a proper defence,” the ruling read.

Jessica Yaniv arrives for a B.C. Human Rights Tribunal hearing in Vancouver, on Friday July 26, 2019. Darryl Dyck for National Post

Now, Yaniv is reported to have launched a new complaint, this time against a salon run by immigrant women who are of the Sikh faith. The salon, She Point Beauty Studio in Surrey, B.C., says it was approached by Yaniv seeking services in August of last year, like Brazilian bikini waxing and leg waxing. “Leg waxing takes place in private with the customer in their underwear or nude from the waist down,” the rights centre said.

The studio turned Yaniv down, saying it only served females, and further rejected her request because of “religious, cultural and safety reasons.” The salon was not previously associated with Yaniv’s earlier complaints.

It remains unclear whether the British Columbia Human Rights tribunal will hear the new case, which was filed in October 2019, but the Centre for Constitutional Freedoms says it expects the complaint to proceed at some point in 2020.

At the time of the initial ruling against Yaniv, Jay Cameron of Justice Centre’s Litigation Manager and legal counsel for the estheticians, said:
“Self-identification does not erase physiological reality. Our clients do not offer the service requested. No woman should be compelled to touch male genitals against her will, irrespective of how the owner of the genitals identifies.”

— with files from Joseph Brean, National Post

Spastic Colon

Sanitized for your protection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Thanks CBC
The irony of Ogre talking about Yaniv attempting to force his way in when he defunded a rape crisis center for not allowing troons. And the reporter couldn't be bothered to ask him about it.

The trans community isn't being tainted by one bad apple, the entire fucking barrel of troons is rotten to the core. Finding a good troon is like finding a needle in a haystack: theoretically possible, but really fucking hard.

Porque no los dos?

Why not kill all MAPs?
kiwifarms.net

wabbits

kiwifarms.net
Saw this on my recommended articles feed in my mobile browser, you fuckers are bleeding into my normie shit now.

Text:
Opinion
Ignoring Jessica Yaniv allows her to distort the struggle for trans equity

Robin Urback
Current Affairs Columnist

It should have been obvious from the moment Jessica Yaniv’s file landed on the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal docket that her discrimination complaints were motivated by something other than genuine hardship. Ms. Yaniv, a trans woman with male genitalia, charged that a handful of aestheticians had discriminated against her when they denied her waxing services, saying they did not wax male genitalia. Ms. Yaniv found these responses unacceptable and took her case to the Human Rights Tribunal.

The nature of Ms. Yaniv’s motivations should have been clear from that point, since no person on Earth – regardless of gender identity – would actually want someone with zero training or experience to apply hot wax to, and rip hair from, their scrotum. Most people feel uncomfortable with a novice dental hygienist.

But the tribunal weighed the evidence of Ms. Yaniv’s complaints anyhow and concluded back in October that they were improperly motivated. “Ms. Yaniv’s overriding purpose,” according to the decision, “was to manufacture the conditions for human-rights complaints … in order to secure a financial settlement and punish individuals involved.” The tribunal also found Ms. Yaniv specifically targeted racialized and immigrant women.

Ms. Yaniv’s other online behaviours, which have included brandishing a taser on YouTube and complaining about a refusal to be seen by gynecologists, have shown her to be somewhat of a provocateur – the type who, according to convention and common sense, it’s best to just ignore. Indeed, the worst thing you can do when someone thrives off of attention is to provide it, which is why I’m slightly troubled to be writing the words “Jessica Yaniv,” just as I’m sure you, patient reader, are slightly irritated to be seeing it.

But to ignore Ms. Yaniv is to overlook the fact that her actions affect real lives – not simply the women she has targeted, but also the trans people her actions inadvertently malign when she behaves litigiously and irrationally. Ms. Yaniv is already infamous in many far-right chat rooms and socially conservative publications, where she has become a caricature of what it means to be a trans person in Canada: a useful scapegoat, in other words, to dismiss legitimate efforts for equitable treatment for the trans community. To ignore her is to risk allowing that narrative to fester unchallenged.

The situation is particularly complicated now that one of Ms. Yaniv’s formal complaints appears to be more credible. The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms (JCCF) recently announced it has been retained to defend another salon against which Ms. Yaniv filed a human-rights complaint, based on the salon’s refusal to provide a leg wax. (Ms. Yaniv acknowledges she asked the salon about its Brazilian waxes as well). The JCCF cites “religious, cultural and safety reasons" for the salon’s denial of service noting that “leg waxing takes place in private with the customer in their underwear or nude from the waist down.”

The issue of leg waxes did come up in the October decision from the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal, which found there is “no material difference” in waxing the legs of a cisgender woman and a transgender woman, while still dismissing Ms. Yaniv’s complaints on the basis of bad faith. The gist of that determination was nevertheless correct, and the salon’s claim that a client must be in her underwear or nude from the waist down for a leg wax is a rather spurious assertion. Yet, the religious defence on the part of salon workers, however, is not.

If the JCCF proceeds with that defence, the situation would boil down to a conflict between competing rights. Canada has grappled with that tension plenty of times before, including in 2012, when a woman brought a complaint to the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal when she was denied a men’s-style haircut from Muslim barbers, who cited religious prohibition. That case was eventually resolved out of court, which is probably the ideal resolution for most of these conflicts, lest we think it would be to anyone’s benefit to task the courts with establishing a hierarchy of rights.

What’s more, in situations of truly abhorrent discriminatory behaviour, a single public Facebook post is typically just as, if not more effective than a judicial ruling, but without the expense and baggage that come with formal tribunal proceedings. Indeed, that’s how, appropriately, many of the conflicts that we don’t hear about in the news – or on far-right chat rooms or social-conservative blogs – are settled. Ms. Yaniv’s behaviour is a distortion of the legitimate struggles trans Canadians face on a daily basis. It’s worth acknowledging that fact, before we resolve to look away.

Tags
None