Megathread Yaniv in the News -

oKTrooner

In Soviet Canuckistan, tranny punch you.
kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

wabbits

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Vancouver Sun is running the Yaniv arrest story.

This is notable in that the Vancouver Sun us owned by The Postmedia network (not to be confused with The Post Millennial).. Postmedia runs dozens of mainstream publications coast to coast to coast. This suggests that real media may start to take notice https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postmedia_Network

The Sun makes no show of having tried to contact Yaniv for comment. :story:

Archived article

C4605

kiwifarms.net
The Sun makes no show of having tried to contact Yaniv for comment. :story:

Archived article

Note that the article doesn’t use “she” anywhere. Everywhere there would normally be a pronoun they use “Yaniv”. I assume they removed “he” from Keean’s quotation. It seems that even the Vancouver Sun can’t stomach calling Yaniv “she”.

Postmedia is a centre-right media company, but still a huge player in the Canadian media market.

Reactions: heathercho

johnjohn99

Cumdog, A-town
kiwifarms.net
Note that the article doesn’t use “she” anywhere. Everywhere there would normally be a pronoun they use “Yaniv”. I assume they removed “he” from Keean’s quotation. It seems that even the Vancouver Sun can’t stomach calling Yaniv “she”.

Postmedia is a centre-right media company, but still a huge player in the Canadian media market.
So post media is like fox news here? And even if the MSM doesn't end up covering it, nobody that is interested in this kind of "politics" or lolcowery watches MSM as their main source of news anyway. For people who care about this, they probably already know

NerbertHobgobbler

kiwifarms.net
Untitled.jpg

What the fuck!!!!!!!!!!

• Horrifying
Reactions: Allakazam223

Iron Hamster

Calculated chaos
kiwifarms.net

Maybe they have that super word substitution app rhys has.
If they dropped the charges, he's be dancing all over twitter.

pr3nt177

"I am suicidal if you don't believe me ask my mum"
kiwifarms.net
For a moment there I thought you were having a panic attack re "Ride-hailing takes off in British Columbia..."

If BC's answer to Annie Oakley had had charges dropped he'd be hanging from his balcony, naked, by his ankles in smugness. Plus he'd be pebble-dashing Twitter with this.

So the charges were dismissed before his court date which he appeared at anyway? That's one hell of a lawyer he has....
jonny doing what he does best, speed reading.

Last edited:

Short Stack

kiwifarms.net
I still call bullshit...It's already been reported that the last appearance was a coninuance go JY could get legal rep....He wouldn't need that if it were dismissed.

And if you click on that first story, the update is at the top under the photo same place as the screenshot.
I read it...the only place it says dismissed is in the title

oKTrooner

kiwifarms.net
I'm not buying it...U have a link?
Y doesn't it appear here? In fact the last mention of JY was Dec 16th

At this stage of the charges, it would be the Crown who drops the charges, not a judge. IF Yaniv had a lawyer, and it does not appear that he has one, the lawyer could apply to have a judge dismiss the charges, but there would need to be a pretty potent reason for that, such as the police violating Yaniv's Charter Rights... BUT, can any of us imagine a scenario where he didn't gloat ALL OVER social media about charges getting dropped. It would be HUGE for his ego! The only reason he might hold off gloating is because his keyboard broke with all the troon spooge that he would emit from such a glorious occurrence.

NerbertHobgobbler

kiwifarms.net
I still call bullshit...It's already been reported that the last appearance was a coninuance go JY could get legal rep....He wouldn't need that if it were dismissed.

I read it...the only place it says dismissed is in the title
I'm just the messenger who saw that update on the Global News story. It's common for articles to be updated with a blurb at the top or bottom after publication. Maybe someone can call the courthouse to confirm

oKTrooner

kiwifarms.net
I
If the update is true, expect to see the entry "SL" (Struck from List) on the 10th next month.

EDIT FOR CLARITY: READ the update, it is dated JANUARY 14, the day after the hearing!

Global News is a solid news organization. If they're reporting the charges were dropped, you can wager that they were. I'm curious why, but I wonder if the issue goes to the warrant and probable cause. Does an egoist showing off on social media constitute probable cause for a warrant? Given that everyone is 6'2" and has an 8" dick online, I'm thinking that there may be a precedent that online bravado does not give police probable cause to raid a home. The standards for privacy in a home are pretty high here in Canada.

All that said. How has JV kept his mouth shut about this? If the charges were dropped, why did he go ballistic on Bexte? Does this change JV's calculus for the assault charges? So many questions.

Reactions: NerbertHobgobbler

ProtonMailMan

Chins? What chins?
kiwifarms.net
I

Global News is a solid news organization. If they're reporting the charges were dropped, you can wager that they were. I'm curious why, but I wonder if the issue goes to the warrant and probable cause. Does an egoist showing off on social media constitute probable cause for a warrant? Given that everyone is 6'2" and has an 8" dick online, I'm thinking that there may be a precedent that online bravado does not give police probable cause to raid a home. The standards for privacy in a home are pretty high here in Canada.

All that said. How has JV kept his mouth shut about this? If the charges were dropped, why did he go ballistic on Bexte? Does this change JV's calculus for the assault charges? So many questions.
It seems to me that there is ZERO chance that JY would remain silent had the charges been dropped and--what's more--I rather doubt that he would have assaulted Bexte had that been the case. But we'll see.

beeble

kiwifarms.net
It seems to me that there is ZERO chance that JY would remain silent had the charges been dropped and--what's more--I rather doubt that he would have assaulted Bexte had that been the case. But we'll see.
I'm 100% positive that someone at Global News and/or the courts got their wires crossed. The BC justice website gets updated very regularly and I would have expected to see the February 10th date simply struck from the record and an entry updated with final disposition. If those charges had been dropped or dismissed Yaniv and their ego would be gloating all over Twitter with an "I told you so" moment had this actually been true. Someone made a mistake, I'm absolutely sure of it.