Yaniv loses BCHRT cases -

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

EmpireOfTheClouds

They climbed aboard their silver ghost
kiwifarms.net
I feel there is too much optimism about this case. Don't forget we're talking about Canada.

Yes, Yaniv is probably being punished for being a cow abusing their precious Human Rights system, but then, we're also awful for using this case to prove our point. Just wait for the inevitable moment when he's sent to a women's jail because her gender has to be respected and we need to accept that too.
Yes, this is Canada.

However, this is a case that clearly wasn't dismissed lightly, and also do bear in mind that Yanny's further HRT cases were scheduled for after the taser stuff. I've no doubt that those are all but moot too.

2nd_time_user

Equitably diffident
kiwifarms.net
On p. 23 of the ruling Johnny says to one of the defendants:

"Do you know what discrimination is? As soon as I mentioned I am transgender, you did a 360 and said no"

360? Are his parents brother and sister? I mean, they're at least first cousins.
Yitzhak (Jack) was just an old fuck who abandoned his two sons and moved on to procreate in a second marriage. Jon's half-brothers are local but have never been involved w/cray Miriam and Jon. The last time they all probably saw each other was when Jack hit the bucket in 2013.

Jon's acting out on his racism is now codified in an official document. He backed that up with the "turban fucker" tweet a couple months ago. Any employer will be able to find this on numerous mainstream sources. Even his $13.50 US/before taxes gig work will soon end. He is seething with fury about having to serve those "unclean people" who frankly aren't safe around him. As seen by the official document.

Hoo boy. The last trans scandal in Canada was Stefonknee. He comes out what seven years ago with pictures of his "adopted family" saying he's playing patticake with their granddaughter. A couple years later, he's in his own apartment w/no evidence of this fam. Last seen updating his fb profile for the first time in seven years trying to get with his own family, his kids.

Jon's not like that. As long as Miriam is living (and she will, she is only 64),, he can't and won't be left alone no matter what he does. He's in fact Tweeted Norman Bates' last lines from Psycho (1960): "I wouldn't hurt a fly."

wabbits

kiwifarms.net
You can't claim for legal costs in a BCHRT case. The "costs" awarded against Jessie are an award for improper conduct.
Exactly. By law, the tribunals cannot apply "penal" remedies (I know, I know). They can only order compensation for the harm done by whatever sort of discrimination they found to have existed and the word "costs" is applied to the compensation.

Anybody know whether this is the first time the BCHRT has found against the party filing the complaints? I'm reading cases on their site and so far it seems like they dismiss complaints rather often, but I haven't found another one where they've turned the gun around and shot the jerk who filed a complaint.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Exactly. By law, the tribunals cannot apply "penal" remedies (I know, I know). They can only order compensation for the harm done by whatever sort of discrimination they found to have existed and the word "costs" is applied to the compensation.

Anybody know whether this is the first time the BCHRT has found against the party filing the complaints? I'm reading cases on their site and so far it seems like they dismiss complaints rather often, but I haven't found another one where they've turned the gun around and shot the jerk who filed a complaint.
That might explain some of the language used that sounds in discrimination when applying penalties. As if the tribunal interpolated a counter complaint by the victims of the vexatious complaint. That borders on judicial activism or would if it were an actual court but I can't really get mad about the outcome.

ProletariatMook

kiwifarms.net
You can't claim for legal costs in a BCHRT case. The "costs" awarded against Jessie are an award for improper conduct.
[198] I have no information about Ms. Yaniv’s ability to pay any award, aside from the fact that she is a business owner and has income.
[199] In all the circumstances I am satisfied that $6,000 strikes the right balance in expressing the Tribunal’s condemnation of Ms. Yaniv’s conduct while not exacting too harsh a punishment on her. In the circumstances, although Ms. Yaniv’s conduct has likely impacted all of the Respondents to her complaints, I can only issue this order against those Represented Respondents who attended the hearing and advanced this application. I order Ms. Yaniv to pay $2,000 to each of Ms. Benipal, Ms. DaSilva, and Mrs. Hehar.
Agreed, sorry about the assumption. It's a quasi-punitive damages... I think they could probably go after Yaniv and his enablers for damages in BCSC, right? That'd be interesting.. that'd be one way to get him away from our favourite Kitty. Forced sale to settle an award for damages.

Edit: Cousineau ordering Yaniv to "pay costs to the Respondent". (prior decision)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Koby_Fish

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They initially were awarded 5k a piece and the BCHRT dropped it to 2k because of - wait for it - "online harassment" that Yaniv faced which made the circumstances of the case difficult :,(
Not quite. They REQUESTED $5k a piece. Cousineau felt that $2k a piece was more appropriate due to JY being in the shit now, and still being a stiff penalty to him, which it is, and that's what sher awarded. She didn;t drop anything.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Not quite. They REQUESTED $5k a piece. Cousineau felt that $2k a piece was more appropriate due to JY being in the shit now, and still being a stiff penalty to him, which it is, and that's what sher awarded. She didn;t drop anything.
Maybe but I'm sure their legal fees are even more stiff and they didn't even fucking do anything wrong, unlike that child molesting racist piece of shit.

cattle rancher

kiwifarms.net
What I love about this is, its a standard david vs goliath type of story. The humongous philistine force of Yaniv walked up to the much smaller brown women of the area feeling invincible, carrying his shield of the trans identity and his spear of the BCHRT, and he tried to strike down his immigrant opposition only to not realize the head of the spear he was thrusting was aiming at himself. Look at how smug he as acted the entire time. He didn't care that he looked like a comic book villain, so justified in his own feeling of legal invincibility as a "trans woman" in Canada. He felt no matter what he did, no matter how overt a villain he behaved, as long as he acted like the trans version of the happy merchant, emphasis on the trans part the BCHRT would always smite anyone he pointed it towards to his financial gain. Oh how great it is to see his single greatest weapon strike him down. Now he is handing out free fucking samples at the local liquor store. All the bullshit he bought to try and make himself appear more vulnerable, his scooty puff, his cane, all these props he invested in to try and goad the court into giving him a huge payment are now expenses, and he owes those immigrants he has called smelly, rude and judgemental money as well.

Three or four thousand years ago this story could have been turned into a heroic epic to inspire the young and teach them what it meant to be a proper citizen. Now its just more lulz.

Vagivagal Syncope

kiwifarms.net
I suspect this fell somewhere between job-affirmation for the staff at the BCHRT and a desire to wait until Yaniv had completely exhausted his arguments before making a decision. This way, Jon can't go back and say they didn't listen. They patiently allowed him to submit everything he had, both directly to the BCHRT and the exposure he gave himself on social media.

I don't see anything in the BCHRT that says the "judges" can't factor in information based on the behaviour of the claimant. So they're probably using this to show the rest of the world that they were patient but firm. A sort of make-work project for the HRT to scare off any others thinking of doing the same.

RodgerDodger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel there is too much optimism about this case. Don't forget we're talking about Canada.

Yes, Yaniv is probably being punished for being a cow abusing their precious Human Rights system, but then, we're also awful for using this case to prove our point. Just wait for the inevitable moment when he's sent to a women's jail because her gender has to be respected and we need to accept that too.
At which point we get the inevitable moment where Yaniv asks some large dark skinned bull dyke how to properly insert a tampon, and she shows him in a way he will never forget.

Kiwisatz Spergeract

I chose the chocolate highway over the golden path
kiwifarms.net
At which point we get the inevitable moment where Yaniv asks some large dark skinned bull dyke how to properly insert a tampon, and she shows him in a way he will never forget.
Only after they've helped him complete his bottom transition surgery with some pliers, a rusty shank and a broom stick.

Mistress Cuckfucker

kiwifarms.net
I just wanna see what style of meltdown yanny takes .
Is he going for a dramatic "medical " crisis? Maybe a dainty little faint he has practised so hard on?

A fake suicide attempt to garner pitty?

A complete blow out with cane waving, threats of violence and racial slurs?

Or will he go find a vulnerable Asian lady to take his anger out on?
All of the above?
None of them would shock me.

Tags
None