Yaniv vs. KF Armchair Psychiatrists - Sooo... tell me about your mother.

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

SourDiesel

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not an armchair psychiatrist and not sure what the process is like in Canada but having been through it myself I believe there is no way Yaniv would ever be given the go-ahead to start HRT. This makes me wonder if he ever tried and got knocked back which is why he claims to be intersex. His claims just reek of overcompensation to me.
The process is simultaneously stupid easy and extremely difficult but it depends on where you are. If you're in Vancouver or Toronto or probably Montreal too, you'll be able to find an informed consent clinic with no trouble at all. These places are where the vultures of the medical profession are operating out of and if you're connected to the trans community there, they will basically give you step by step instructions on where to go and what to say.

But if you're not, you're gonna have to convince the family doc in your hometown and that's not gonna be easy.

Maamtis

It's MA'AM... tis.
kiwifarms.net
The process is simultaneously stupid easy and extremely difficult but it depends on where you are. If you're in Vancouver or Toronto or probably Montreal too, you'll be able to find an informed consent clinic with no trouble at all. These places are where the vultures of the medical profession are operating out of and if you're connected to the trans community there, they will basically give you step by step instructions on where to go and what to say.

But if you're not, you're gonna have to convince the family doc in your hometown and that's not gonna be easy.

Fuck me. I had to wait 13 months for an appointment then undergo a psychological evaluation over 4 sessions after which a report will be written for a panel of the clinic's doctors to review and if I'm deemed fit they will write me a referral to an endocrinologist for HRT which has a 4-month waiting list.

Gustav Schuchardt

Forum Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not an armchair psychiatrist and not sure what the process is like in Canada but having been through it myself I believe there is no way Yaniv would ever be given the go-ahead to start HRT. This makes me wonder if he ever tried and got knocked back which is why he claims to be intersex. His claims just reek of overcompensation to me.

DR. LECTER (V.O.)
Billy hates his own identity, he
always has - and he thinks that makes
him a transsexual. But his pathology
is a thousand times more savage...
He wants to be reborn, Clarice. He
will be reborn...

DR. LECTER
Billy's not a real transsexual, but
he thinks he is. He tries to be.
He's tried to be a lot of things, I
expect.

CLARICE
You said - I was very close to the
way we'd catch him.

DR. LECTER
There are three major centers for
transsexual surgery: Johns Hopkins,
the University of Minnesota, and
Columbus Medical center. I wouldn't
be surprised if Billy has applied
for sex reassignment at one or all
of them, and been rejected.

CLARICE
On what basis would they reject him?

DR. LECTER
The personality inventories would
trip him up. Rorschach, Wechsler,
House-Tree-Person... He wouldn't
test like a real transsexual.

Reminds me of Yaniv. Needless to say all the trans rights activists today pan Silence of the Lambs as transsphobic, despite it's attempt to say that Buffalo Bill 'wasn't a real transsexual' and it's clear such a film would not be made today.

Instead you'd get a film with a tranny main character who is initially bullied by nasty CIS people and ends up with a happy ending after they finally get their 'gender confirmation' surgery.

SourDiesel

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Needless to say all the trans rights activists today pan Silence of the Lambs as transsphobic...
Yes but some of them idolize Buffalo Bill and even get tattooed. Seriously. They don't hate the movie, they hate that people say he isn't a tranny.

Gustav Schuchardt

Forum Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes but some of them idolize Buffalo Bill and even get tattooed. Seriously. They don't hate the movie, they hate that people say he isn't a tranny.

I was just to about to post that. It's full of stuff that seems relevant to Yaniv

As the film goes on, Bill’s actions make it clear that she was not diagnosed as a “true” transexual because she’s in the category of autogynephile. This includes making a woman suit, an act of fetishizing the idea of having a female body. Hannibal tells Clarice the key to Bill’s pathology is to look at what he “covets:” the female body. The biggest confirmation, though, comes when Bill dances in front of a mirror to Goodbye Horses, wearing the scalp of one of her victims and a women’s robe that she removes to reveal her nude body, tattoos loaded with transformational symbolism, and finally that she has tucked her penis between her legs, the ultimate visualization – even more than the skin suit – of her perversion. “Would you fuck me?” Bill asks her reflection. “I’d fuck me. I’d fuck me hard. I’d fuck me so hard.” The text of the film actively paints Bill as an autogynephile, sexually aroused by the idea of herself as a woman, one of the key reasons she was rejected by gatekeepers when trying to access medical transition. And, it seems, one of those gatekeepers was Hannibal Lecter – can you even imagine?

Far from a “dodge [of] the transphobia inherent in the character,” Bill’s diagnosis is based in homophobic transmisogyny. Bill doesn’t just represent the pathologizing of trans women, but the specific pathologizing and ungendering of non-straight trans women. To accept the film’s dismissal of Bill as not really trans — and take this as an argument against the film’s transmisogyny — is to also accept that many trans women – include bi trans women and trans dykes like myself – are not really trans.

While the category of autogynephile is a construct of the medical establishment, Bill’s disturbing violence is very much representative of bigoted and hateful ideas about trans women advanced in the name of feminism. In Janice Raymond’s seminal work of transmisogynistic feminism, the book The Transsexual Empire: The Making of the She-Male (written under the supervision of influential feminist Mary Daly) she argues, “”All transsexuals [she means transsexual women] rape women’s bodies by reducing the real female form to an artifact, appropriating this body for themselves …. Transsexuals merely cut off the most obvious means of invading women, so that they seem non-invasive.” Raymond classified trans women’s very existence as an act of sexual violence against cis women, which supported the transmisogynistic feminist argument that trans women were violent men invading women’s spaces. These ideas were used by feminists to successfully exclude trans women from accessing women’s shelters and to successfully lobby to put legal healthcare exclusions in place. It is in no way an overstatement to say this work – which we have only very recently been successful in fighting – has led to the deaths of trans women.

Bill’s woman suit is Raymond’s idea that, simply by existing, trans women “rape [cis] women’s bodies” made gruesome flesh. Silence of the Lambs functions as a myth or fairy tale, telling a story that is specifically about gendered archetypes. And this tale deploys a feminist idea of trans women as the ultimate representation of male violence.

It also reminds me of Dee Price who threatened to rip out someone's uterus and sell it on the black market. In fact the Dee Price thread is a fascinating insight into the psyche of autogynephiles. Price threatened all the female posters via DM but didn't threaten any of the men.

SourDiesel

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was just to about to post that. It's full of stuff that seems relevant to Yaniv

It also reminds me of Dee Price who threatened to rip out someone's uterus and sell it on the black market. In fact the Dee Price thread is a fascinating insight into the psyche of autogynephiles. Price threatened all the female posters via DM but didn't threaten any of the men.
Oh yeah some of these dudes are legitimately serial killer levels of terrifying. The whole meme about how they want to wear women's skin as a suit is like, not really a joke.

2nd_time_user

Equitably diffident
kiwifarms.net

IDK, a lot of Farmers don't gender themselves, and outside that one example, I didn't really see him going after women necessarily. What I did observe was a lot of grandiosity--he'd go on about how he passes, how he had all this money and wanted SRS (despite not getting it for 35 years) and constantly name-dropping staff and prominent posters here as Super Friends who hang out on some l33t closed message board like some gorls' clubhouse. He's 56. He, like JY, appears fixated with being in early adolescence a la some Judy Blume book of the 1970s.

anephric

PBBBBBBBBBBBTTTTHHH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Yeah, and that’s the thing. People who identify as transgender or want to be the opposite sex don’t make it a gratuitously sexualized concept. Yaniv does in much the same way Buffalo Bill does (though in different ways). Because of that “if you can’t beat em, join em” concept model, Yaniv is a lot like Chrischan. Their desperate desire for validity in the form of sexual interaction with a woman has peaked to the point where they must be the woman they want to fuck. (Though in Chris’s Case, it’s so much more depressing - he paid a hooker, and came out the other side “unchanged”, so he had to sorta double down and become a woman to seek that affirmation. Yaniv does it because he’s never and likely won’t evrr fuck a woman.)

He, like JY, appears fixated with being in early adolescence a la some Judy Blume book of the 1970s.

That Judy Blume slant is interesting. Yaniv is an unfortunate looking person as a male and I’m left to wonder if there wasn’t some natural hormonal imbalance through puberty. I could totally see someone like him discovering their internal monologue like one of those dumb books.

2nd_time_user

Equitably diffident
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, and that’s the thing. People who identify as transgender or want to be the opposite sex don’t make it a gratuitously sexualized concept. Yaniv does in much the same way Buffalo Bill does (though in different ways). Because of that “if you can’t beat em, join em” concept model, Yaniv is a lot like Chrischan. Their desperate desire for validity in the form of sexual interaction with a woman has peaked to the point where they must be the woman they want to fuck. (Though in Chris’s Case, it’s so much more depressing - he paid a hooker, and came out the other side “unchanged”, so he had to sorta double down and become a woman to seek that affirmation. Yaniv does it because he’s never and likely won’t evrr fuck a woman.)

That Judy Blume slant is interesting. Yaniv is an unfortunate looking person as a male and I’m left to wonder if there wasn’t some natural hormonal imbalance through puberty. I could totally see someone like him discovering their internal monologue like one of those dumb books.

It's really sad. I read "Are you there God, it's me Margaret" at 11 and related to almost none of it. No one I have known ever has done "I must, I must, I must increase my bust" exercises. There was a bit of note passing about feminine hygiene products in like eighth grade, but not this goddamn obsession with sharing when you got your period with friends. It's largely seen as an inconvenience as is menopause; just something to live with.

anephric

PBBBBBBBBBBBTTTTHHH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's really sad. I read "Are you there God, it's me Margaret" at 11 and related to almost none of it. No one I have known ever has done "I must, I must, I must increase my bust" exercises. There was a bit of note passing about feminine hygiene products in like eighth grade, but not this goddamn obsession with sharing when you got your period with friends. It's largely seen as an inconvenience as is menopause; just something to live with.

I think the experiences in those books are from before my time. They may have existed at some point but they weren’t around when I hit puberty, so...?

Junkail

kiwifarms.net
Yaniv is an unfortunate looking person as a male and I’m left to wonder if there wasn’t some natural hormonal imbalance through puberty. I could totally see someone like him discovering their internal monologue like one of those dumb books.
It is likely that Jon has some chemical imbalance affecting his behaviour. Perhaps this is why he enjoys being humiliated. Maybe he even talks to his Inner Goddess when no one else is around.

2nd_time_user

Equitably diffident
kiwifarms.net
I think the experiences in those books are from before my time. They may have existed at some point but they weren’t around when I hit puberty, so...?

TBF the references in "Are you There God It's Me Margaret" included things about sanitary belts, which I assume were in place before they invented adhesive. I've heard the publisher may have released an edition that updated references to sanitary products, however.

Anyway, this book used to be what every parent and school system would encourage sixth-grade girls to check out long after such references were dated even a long time ago, and even those who were 13 a long time ago could tell you this wasn't at all how it was. But for some reason, this seems to be the troon bible now.

Gustav Schuchardt

Forum Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
IDK, a lot of Farmers don't gender themselves, and outside that one example, I didn't really see him going after women necessarily.

I remember loads of Farmers, posting PMs he'd sent them where he'd alternately threaten horrific violence and try to be friends and then go back to threatening horrific violence. All of them were women. No men received this treatment.

Junkail

kiwifarms.net
I remember loads of Farmers, posting PMs he'd sent them where he'd alternately threaten horrific violence and try to be friends and then go back to threatening horrific violence. All of them were women. No men received this treatment.
Does Dee have Borderline Personality Disorder? I can see the similarities between his and Yaniv's treatment of women. They are afraid of being shunned by the female community, yet, their volatile behaviour pushes everyone away. As for men, I don't think either of them feels like they are affiliated with them, which is why they leave men alone.

Clockwork_PurBle

405 scares me. I left my ducky in there.
kiwifarms.net

What is it with the LGBT (or what appears to be a large portion of them) and wanting to align themselves with dangerous, mentally-ill fictional characters? ICYMI In recent times they've claimed the Babadook and IT as "gay icons."

The Babadook was accidentally listed as an LGBT film when made available on Netflix, or had that as a tag, and before the mistake was noticed someone found it and it spread. Now you can't look at the Babadook tag on tumblr without LGBT shit everywhere. I think I have the story correct.

Junkail

kiwifarms.net
What is it with the LGBT (or what appears to be a large portion of them) and wanting to align themselves with dangerous, mentally-ill fictional characters? ICYMI In recent times they've claimed the Babadook and IT as "gay icons."

The Babadook was accidentally listed as an LGBT film when made available on Netflix, or had that as a tag, and before the mistake was noticed someone found it and it spread. Now you can't look at the Babadook tag on tumblr without LGBT shit everywhere. I think I have the story correct.
Because being infamous is better than being irrelevant.

Gustav Schuchardt

Forum Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does Dee have Borderline Personality Disorder? I can see the similarities between his and Yaniv's treatment of women. They are afraid of being shunned by the female community, yet, their volatile behaviour pushes everyone away. As for men, I don't think either of them feels like they are affiliated with them, which is why they leave men alone.

He feels inadequate with men & seeks to have power over women?

No idea what's wrong with Dee to be honest, but it appears it's very serious. He reminds me of the following menacing English nursery rhyme, though in retrospect it fits Yaniv even better -

Georgie Porgie, pudding and pie,
Kissed the girls and made them cry,
When the boys came out to play,
Georgie Porgie ran away.