Yaniv's weapon charges appearance 12/5 -

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pr3nt177

kiwifarms.net
The statutory maximum for his conviction as a summary offence is a fine of $5000, two years less a day imprisonment, or both. Spoiler alert: he won't get that.

He also won't be getting any jail sentence or a serious conditional sentence (house arrest). If the Crown sought either of those in their Initial Sentencing Position, he would have a pro bono lawyer.

My guess is a conditional discharge - he behaves for a few months, no conviction is entered. If we're lucky, it will be a suspended sentence (probation/fine) and a 3-10 years weapons ban. At least then he has a criminal record that will pop up if he needs a check to work with the vulnerable.
He best update his CV and media profiles...."criminal" should squeeze in-between 'Human rights advocate. Model.' quite nicely.

I can't envisage him looking for work anyhow but I don't think any future employer would look at his violent tendencies too kindly. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the up and coming assault charges.

Transcrim.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
He best update his CV and media profiles...."criminal" should squeeze in quite nicely with his Photoshopped mugshot..

I can't envisage him looking for work anyhow but I don't think any future employer would look at his violent tendencies too kindly. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the up and coming assault charges.

Transcrim.
It's canada. He gets free money NOT to work as he's 'disabled'.

Any other society would put him to work in the slave pits.

UtopiaGuy

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd be very surprised if he got any jail time. It's not like he had an actual gun or anything. But at the very least, finally getting him branded with a criminal record isn't a bad outcome. He's on the path of going full-on Joker (he even has the clown makeup down!), so documentation of his batshitted broke-brain lunacy is a step in the right direction.

EDIT: He really is a full Canadian citizen now, right? Like, they can't revoke his green card and kick his fat ass out of the country and send him back to the US, can they?

Norman B. Normal

I probably shouldn't be here.
kiwifarms.net
I know we all hate him, and rightly so, but a fine and/or suspended sentence for a first offense would hardly be an outrageous outcome. Courts and jails don't like to be clogged up with random goobers when there are real menaces to deal with. If Yaniv goes away, keeps his nose clean, and doesn't darken their door again, they'll be happy.

I would like to see at least a token fine, though, so Yaniv has one more thing to worry about after (or before) he pays off the waxing ladies.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
EDIT: He really is a full Canadian citizen now, right? Like, they can't revoke his green card and kick his fat ass out of the country and send him back to the US, can they?
Canada doesn't have "green cards." They have their own thing. I don't know what color it is. He was born in Canada (if that isn't a lie anyway). He's a Canadian. They can't dump him on us.

ProtonMailMan

Only Good Gov't Employee is Dead Gov't Employee.
kiwifarms.net
Canada doesn't have "green cards." They have their own thing. I don't know what color it is. He was born in Canada (if that isn't a lie anyway). He's a Canadian. They can't dump him on us.
Hell he's way past "born in Canada" staus. He's the country's fucking mascot at this point. Soon my avatar will be on their flag.

ProtonMailMan

Only Good Gov't Employee is Dead Gov't Employee.
kiwifarms.net
Think about this: Fat Fuck has to sit around (and try to get to sleep at night) for months with the sentencing hanging over his head. Yes I know he is deluded but he also seems to have a manic/depressive thing going on. When he is down from his manic phase he is liable to realize during the time of anxious waiting that the process is itself punishment. Then if actually gets sentenced to any time at all presumably he won't go in the next day so he'll get to lose sleep wondering whether he is going to survive that situation. Of course, if he knows he is going to be sentenced to a women's prison all of the preceeding is invalid.

Last edited:

Kaede Did Nothing Wrong

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why do these police officers bend over backwards for this pest? I don't understand.
the cops in this instance want to prevent escalation so they pursue the party that will obey them, not the antagonist who's guaranteed to give them more paperwork, a headache and some career risk. imo in day to day practice what the law says only effects the law abiding since authority usually finds it preferable if people just listen in the first place.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
the cops in this instance want to prevent escalation so they pursue the party that will obey them, not the antagonist who's guaranteed to give them more paperwork, a headache and some career risk. imo in day to day practice what the law says only effects the law abiding since authority usually finds it preferable if people just listen in the first place.
This is why the law abiding need to sue them more often frankly when their rights are violated by bent cops openly favoring criminals.

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hell he's way past "born in Canada" staus. He's the country's fucking mascot at this point. Soon my avatar will be on their flag.

No. Nobody likes him, nobody. Not a single other Canadian besides his own mother like him.

@Kaede Did Nothing Wrong has it bang on. Just because some wellmeaning lawmakers made a hash-job of 'civil rights' reform and he's a master at being the squeakiest wheel in a sea of screaming troons and cops don't want a charge of picking on the 'marginalized' when it's far easier and safer to do otherwise does NOT mean he's Canada's anything except scorned and grudgingly tolerated. For now.

3119967d0c

a... brain - @StarkRavingMad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is why the law abiding need to sue them more often frankly when their rights are violated by bent cops openly favoring criminals.
Exactly. As long as the pigs don't face retaliation for taking the side of the enemies of humanity, they will continue to do so. Yaniv's critics need to learn from this, and stop their worthless 'back the blue' pandering to Yaniv's own personal army. They are just as guilty as he is.

Learn from him. Heck, copy and paste his complaints, and make his allies in the RCMP and BC sheriff's feel the pain.

Cynically Insane

They must have taken my marbles away
kiwifarms.net
In BC, the probation officer writes the pre-sentence report. They can interview family, friends, witnesses or whomever they choose. His history with the BCHRT is certainly relevant and will be included along with the fact he is in arrears. The psyche evaluation will happen separately and both reports will go to the judge before sentencing. I would like to add that I think it is pretty rare to get a psyche eval ordered in summary convictions.

I am calling it now that JY's sentence will be counselling (either therapist or psychiatrist), with conditions. I bet he has never had any real professional mental health services and this could be a game changer for him. Especially since he won't be able to bow out because of a court order.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
That would be the worst punishment for him. Revoking his Canadian citizenship and giving him a green card that officially states that hes an immigrant. Hed be livid.

In BC, the probation officer writes the pre-sentence report. They can interview family, friends, witnesses or whomever they choose. His history with the BCHRT is certainly relevant and will be included along with the fact he is in arrears. The psyche evaluation will happen separately and both reports will go to the judge before sentencing. I would like to add that I think it is pretty rare to get a psyche eval ordered in summary convictions.

I am calling it now that JY's sentence will be counselling (either therapist or psychiatrist), with conditions. I bet he has never had any real professional mental health services and this could be a game changer for him. Especially since he won't be able to bow out because of a court order.
Would the counselors have to say hes doing well or would they have to report to the judge for him to escape punishment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None