Yaniv's weapon charges appearance 12/5 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr3nt177

"I am suicidal if you don't believe me ask my mum"
kiwifarms.net
I take it by pleading guilty he has scuppered any possible future plans of visiting the US? If so how long, approx, would he be refused entry? (coronavirus aside)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Apteryx Owenii

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
EDIT: He really is a full Canadian citizen now, right? Like, they can't revoke his green card and kick his fat ass out of the country and send him back to the US, can they?
That would be the worst punishment for him. Revoking his Canadian citizenship and giving him a green card that officially states that hes an immigrant. Hed be livid.
Where are you people getting this idea from? He was born in Canada. He has Canadian citizenship and is on paper a Canadian. He could be a citizen of another government within days of showing up at the border, but it ain't the US.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In BC, the probation officer writes the pre-sentence report. They can interview family, friends, witnesses or whomever they choose. His history with the BCHRT is certainly relevant and will be included along with the fact he is in arrears. The psyche evaluation will happen separately and both reports will go to the judge before sentencing. I would like to add that I think it is pretty rare to get a psyche eval ordered in summary convictions.

I am calling it now that JY's sentence will be counselling (either therapist or psychiatrist), with conditions. I bet he has never had any real professional mental health services and this could be a game changer for him. Especially since he won't be able to bow out because of a court order.

I wouldn't expect any particularly comprehensive reports for such a minor offence, but I would expect the court to look at the diversionary sentences it has available to it before considering other types of penalty. He may just get a straight no conviction recorded if he keeps his nose clean for a required period. The worst I can see happening is court ordered counseling of some kind but that's far from certain given his lack of previous convictions.

UtopiaGuy

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Where are you people getting this idea from? He was born in Canada. He has Canadian citizenship and is on paper a Canadian. He could be a citizen of another government within days of showing up at the border, but it ain't the US.
My bad. I somehow was under the impression he was a trans-plant from the US. Maybe he just spent time here.

Trigger Me Timbers

Reformed Kekistani
kiwifarms.net
My bad. I somehow was under the impression he was a trans-plant from the US. Maybe he just spent time here.
The way he acts does come off as American but he’s very much Canadian.

Having a weapons charge may effect him being able to go there to visit but the charge may be deferred/cleared after a few months since it’s a first time sentence.

Last edited:

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The way he acts does come off as American but he’s very much Canadian.

Having a weapons charge will effect him being able to go there to visit but the charge may be deferred/cleared after a few months since it’s a first time sentence.

Unfortunately a pardon in Canada only benefits him there as regards to employment, bondability etc. While the charge disappears in Canada, it stays on record in the U.S. It won't automatically cause him to be turned away at the border, but they will see the conviction and ask him about it.

As it's fairly minor he will probably still be allowed in a few years after a pardon, but if he is his usual unpleasant egotistical demanding self they could very well turn him right back around and punt him back over to the Canadian side for no other reason then they don't like him and be totally justified in doing so under U.S. law.

Smug Cat

An unarmed man with a knife
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hate to say it, but it's probably better he doesn't get sent to prison. Canada will put him in with women, and it's a lot better to have him out and about and being watched like a hawk from all sides than it is to have a female cellmate locked in a room with him.

Marco Fucko

I fantasized about this back in Chicago
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Everyone saying he'll victimize a woman if he goes to prison, but I wouldn't be surprised if Canadian female prisoners are of the same caliber as American ones i.e. violent dykes. I feel like if he got a bit too creepy with his cellie Rhonda and Wendy would kick the shit out of him.

HomerSimpson

All beer and no TV make homer something something
kiwifarms.net
With how progressive Canada is, if JY gets jail time will he serve time in a men's prison because he is one, in a women's prison because he identifies as one, or in a zoo because he's a fucking cow?
Probably won't see a day in a cell. 5 white guys killed some designated driver by beating him into a vegitative state and I think the worst they got was 3 years time served. Our criminal punishment system is a fucking joke and given yanivs status he won't see a second in jail.

Spedestrian

Non-Euclidian Simian
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why would JY go to America? He's a dual-citizen of Israel, but has no concerns in America as far as I can tell.
He's come down for at least one shopping trip before. It's pretty common for leafs who live near the border to do this because American stores have better prices and/or fewer weird taxes. It doesn't even require a real passport — for a small fee they can get an enhanced driver's license that functions as a limited passport for the US-Canada border.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Why do these police officers bend over backwards for this pest? I don't understand.
Just a sheriff there. They're basically glorified security guards with a badge.

So what a fine and a couple months probation at best? I wonder if he can stay out of trouble since that assault charge wasnt too far behind this one.
No, up to five years in jail for owning a prohibited weapon. If he used it on someone it would be 14 years in jail.

Everyone saying he'll victimize a woman if he goes to prison, but I wouldn't be surprised if Canadian female prisoners are of the same caliber as American ones i.e. violent dykes. I feel like if he got a bit too creepy with his cellie Rhonda and Wendy would kick the shit out of him.
If Yaniv even get's to go to a women's prison. It's happened I think once. Also, Canada only has one "maximum" security prisons for women if I recall in Nova Scotia, most violent offenders are in medium security prisons.

Last edited:

Dyn

woman respecter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Yeah, it'll be fine. Studs are treated like rockstars in female prison, and Yaniv is likely to be received as a high-T dickstud. Unless he alienates the entire pod with his personal unpleasantness, he'll have women lining up to be his wife. Female prison rapes are almost always consenting guard-on-prisoner statutory stuff or violent punishment rapes over drug/debt/gang drama. If Yaniv wants to throw his weight around and creep on women who don't want it, he'd be treated the same way as any violent bulldyke who tried the same thing (removed via a coordinated snitching campaign or coshed to death in his cell by gang members).

TERFs won't stop freaking out over MtF transgenders being put into women's prisons but the truth is it's really no big deal, and there are hundreds of far more pressing concerns for the dignity and safety of women in prison that they should be focusing on.

C4605

kiwifarms.net
I take it by pleading guilty he has scuppered any possible future plans of visiting the US? If so how long, approx, would he be refused entry? (coronavirus aside)
You’re correct in that a guilty plea would probably bar entry (even with a conditional discharge). I don’t know the specific time period, and this crime doesn’t invoke much moral blameworthiness (legally), so I would guess 3-5 years. The rehabilitation paperwork after is a real bitch though, and expensive. Border guards in both directions enjoy “thorough checks” on such individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.