Your 2020 predictions

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

ManateeHunter

awoo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't the locals view foreign residents now with a "mixed bag" -- some oppose, others are neutral, and others are OK?
I think with most people, they're fine with immigrants. I can't attest to how they'd fare in the job hunting scene though. At least we're not at the level where we're burning flags and chanting in the streets to send sand niggers home or whatnot.

TBH I'm more concerned for the negative impact the Olympics would wreak on our economy. Which is why I'm rooting for it to fail spectacularly. It's better for us to become a laughingstock and change shit for the better now rather than just chugging on until everything is too late and one in two Japs are commiting sudoku by train.

CheezzyMach

Viva Latina
kiwifarms.net
It's a possibility I don't want to entertain, but it all depends on how the government and our society as a whole deals with white trash infiltrating our culture in the name of social justice.
As for our locally bred SJWs, they're dependant on the gaijins to back their claims, so when you guys get your shit together, we'd probably follow suit.

Then again, these are all optimistic assumptions, so…
TBH I wouldn't be surprised if Japan only goes woke after it falls out of favor in the American cultural zeitgeist as a form of cosmic irony.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The idea of Japan going Woke/SJW scares the hell out of me, I mean good fucking grief, what a nightmarish thought lmao.

But to be fair it seems highly unlikely to me, what would anime/manga even be without fanservice? It's so crucial to the entire aesthetic of it.

Not to mention how totally unnecessary it would be, there's always been plenty of anime and manga for a female audience, male and female audiences are not seen as an either/or thing like the west where you can only have a female audience by actively trying to run males off, so why would they bother?

I just don't see it happening, but the Olympics do makes me worry, the 2012 Olympics do seem to have been the turning point when afterward the UK totally went into the toilet, so who knows.

CheezzyMach

Viva Latina
kiwifarms.net
The idea of Japan going Woke/SJW scares the hell out of me, I mean good fucking grief, what a nightmarish thought lmao.

But to be fair it seems highly unlikely to me, what would anime/manga even be without fanservice? It's so crucial to the entire aesthetic of it.

Not to mention how totally unnecessary it would be, there's always been plenty of anime and manga for a female audience, male and female audiences are not seen as an either/or thing like the west where you can only have a female audience by actively trying to run males off, so why would they bother?

I just don't see it happening, but the Olympics do makes me worry, the 2012 Olympics do seem to have been the turning point when afterward the UK totally went into the toilet, so who knows.
IDK I think it'd be kinda funny if Japan went Woke after it falls out of fashion in America just to see the weebs who crow about based Japan BTFOing the SJWs go apeshit when the dynamic's flipped.

Spooky Bones

I am a deceitful person. Be wary of my intentions!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
- Woke culture continues to show diminishing returns at the box office, etc.
- Trump wins and there is less REEEEEEing than before, but the dedicated REEEEEEers really REEEEEE.
- Gardner and McSally both lose but the (R)s pick up somewhere else and there is only minimal movement in the Senate.
- Democrats retain control of the House.
- Impeachment goes nowhere and produces few lulz.
- Popular anti-Semitism increases.
- There are fewer mass shootings than we are on track for but nobody appreciates this.
- There is a major scandal for Pope Francis.
- There is a reasonably significant terror attack done by radical leftists in the U.S.
- Kiwi Farms makes the news for something exceptional.
- Hotwheels fails to be relevant.
- There is at least one really pristine quality meme of the type unseen for several years.
- Barb survives another year out of spite.
- Chris does nothing of consequence but subtly actually begins to dial back the tranny shit.
- At least 1,000 regular U.S. army troops go somewhere that is surprising

Ahriman

Vivere Militare Est.
kiwifarms.net
I agree with some commenters here on how Drumpf in office is good for business. The profiteers pushing woke culture need someone like him in office so that their efforts look legitimate.

Oskar Dirlewanger

i am the black niggers
kiwifarms.net
There's a massive school shooting in the US

There's a huge terrorist attack in the EU, likely France

A beloved hollywood celebrity gets accused of rape

There's some new superhero movies

Dimensional merge does not happen

Florida Man does it again

Godzilla@1989

Your move, Chief.
kiwifarms.net
Disney will sell a important subsidiary. Guess which one it’ll be.

Amazon tries buying Disney.

Paramount buys MGM.

Trump gets reelected and the Democrats get fractured beyond repair.

MovieBob either gets a heart attack or gets #MeToo’d.

Godzilla@1989

Your move, Chief.
kiwifarms.net
There's a massive school shooting in the US

There's a huge terrorist attack in the EU, likely France

A beloved hollywood celebrity gets accused of rape

There's some new superhero movies

Dimensional merge does not happen

Florida Man does it again
Would it be Bob Iger?

Crichax

Repented Before The Emperor
kiwifarms.net
Warren doesn't become the main Democratic presidential candidate.

The Disney remakes due for 2020 receive terrible merchandise that languishes in stores for years (like what happened with the Beauty and the Beast remake).

ComicsGate starts going after Viz Media's Kate Mitchell and modern Homestuck.

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
My predictions are as follows: Deval Patrick and Bloomberg, if he even runs, do not make splashes in the primaries. Castro is out before the end of this month, having failed to make the debate but there is little incentive for the others to leave. Harris has already given up but, as a point of pride, probably stays in until Iowa. I wouldn't expect the debates to be memorable from here on out. Maybe Biden cracks under pressure again, but it doesn't really matter, as I lay out below. The surging candidates, Buttegieg and Warren, are both great public speakers and will escape without issue.

Iowa sees Warren surge as it becomes obvious that Bernie is not the man of the moment and she fights it out with Buttegieg. I haven't a clue who wins but those are the top two, Biden and Bernie trail them, followed by the joke candidates, Yang and Gabbard, and then Klobachar. Everyone else is an asterisk. Having failed to win at their chosen state, Harris, Klobachar, Bennett and Bullock drop out.

New Hampshire goes for Warren, followed by Butttegieg and Bernie, Biden behind them. Booker drops out, if he hasn't already. So does Delaney, but, you know, whatever. Biden does not drop out, citing his good numbers in Nevada, SC and the country at large. Bernie, however, does drop out-this was always going to be an uphill battle for him, and having failed to win in NH its obvious he won't be winning anywhere else either. He endorses Warren, and most of his followers go along with it. A Guiliani-esque media bombardment of "how can he possibly win" occurs during the the week and a half long period between NH and NV, causing his support to fall apart. Warren wins that state and Biden finally drops out.

During this cycle, SC is hardly different from Super Tuesday, they only get to go a three days early. It should, in theory, be a state that Patrick could campaign for, but he's not going to be winning it even if Warren and Buttegieg aren't perfect candidates. Who even knows which one of them wins it. Super Tuesday itself is largely southern states, the midwest, northwest and most of the northeast are voting later on. The exceptions? California, Colorado, Utah, Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont and Minnesota. Texas and Oklahoma too, if you do not consider them southern. I do think that Patrick picks up a little bit of the black vote- but not much, and he wins no states, Bloomberg, if he gets in, will have limited appeal too- might win Oklahoma, Virginia, Utah, North Carolina. But those are all just as likely to be Buttegieg states in my mind. I think that Warren's populist message prevails out west, so Cali and Colorado, maybe Utah. She should also win her home state, Vermont and Maine. I could see the south (including TX) go for Pete, I could see it go for Liz. If its the former then we are in for a race, if its the later then its game over. Having said that, I do not think the party is in the mood for moderation and most of the parts of the country which haven't voted yet should favor Warren.

There won't be anything close to a fight at the convention.
Well, not over who the nominee should be anyway, there will be discussions in regards to the platform and they will be establishment versus "Squad" types over things like Israel, income inequality, fracking, etc. Warren, in preparation for the general election, starts walking back or "a long way off"ing her health care proposals and anything else that is white vote kryptonite. Warren nominates an establishment centrist, such as Corey Booker or Roy Cooper or, if she wants to get under people's skin, Gretchen Whitmer. I'll tell you who it won't be is Stacey Abrams or Kamala Harris (Abrams a liability on the ticket and Harris would decline since VP is a step down from Senator from California.)

Off in Elephantland.... the Senate does not convict or remove Trump, in the final vote one person defects from each side, (Mitt Romney and Doug Jones, for those curious) but it does not become a political noose for the Donald due to overreach on the Democratic side, like claiming that Trump was taking bribes, as opposed to giving them. While this is happening actual governing is going on, including the "failure" to agree to a trade deal with China, more attempts to reform/restore immigration policy, the end of DACA by way of SCOTUS, signing of the USMCA/"new NAFTA" and somehow the passing of a new budget. Trump has to accept losses on the budget front, because of this year's debacle. Economy does not go into recession/collapse. Oh, and Trump goes all in on identity politics, making a regular foe of the so-called Squad and the CBC.

Just a quick aside here, multiple arrests will be made of people planning violent events, not all from the right either, though thats what will be in the news a lot. It will be a bat to hit Trump with, especially in regards to the upper-class suburban vote. I don't think I need to say it, but its going to be a hell of a fucking ride watching lol-cows in the run up to the election.

Shame for you all that Trump will not only get his ass handed to him in the popular vote but also lose the EC too though. And thats the rub folks, after four years of Trump's bullshit, faced with a candidate who actually will bother to attend at least one event in Wisconsin, with all of the money and media against him, Trump will be brought down and despite the close EC score it will not be particularly close in the additional states Trump would have needed. It will be 2012+Florida, Ohio and Iowa, maybe minus Arizona and Omaha but PA, MI, and WI will not be close, nor will places like NH, MN, ME, etc that Trump targeted last time. This will be obvious to pollsters due to how widespread the discontent is, but since they all cried Hillary last election it will be a genuine surprise to a genuinely surprising amount of people. During her victory speech, Warren alludes to Hillary having made cracks in the glass ceiling. Given that 2020 is the cycle right before a census too, this is doubly bad for the right, it won't be as bad as 2010 was for Democrats but it will still lead to a tough time winning the house for a decade to come. The saving grace? 10+ years of Democratic court rulings and referendum results at the state level that serve to limit the effects of gerrymandering and lock in so-called "fair" districts.

Oh, and if you thought that that's the end, you still have three months of lame-duck Trump to look forward too, when he gets to really go out and cut loose, freed from the constraints of polling or popular opinion. McConnell, seeing the end of the ride, goes all in on court nominations, its a steady churn, Trump's last 90 days result in way more than 90 vacancies being filled. Don't be surprised if he repeatedly claims the election was rigged, if he mandates federal land sales, if he, I don't know, pulls out of the defense pact with Korea, pardons every one of his lackeys who was convicted over the past 4 years, sues CNN over something patently ridiculous, etc.

Syaoran Li

Born To Raise Hell
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Shame for you all that Trump will not only get his ass handed to him in the popular vote but also lose the EC too though. And thats the rub folks, after four years of Trump's bullshit, faced with a candidate who actually will bother to attend at least one event in Wisconsin, with all of the money and media against him, Trump will be brought down and despite the close EC score it will not be particularly close in the additional states Trump would have needed. It will be 2012+Florida, Ohio and Iowa, maybe minus Arizona and Omaha but PA, MI, and WI will not be close, nor will places like NH, MN, ME, etc that Trump targeted last time. This will be obvious to pollsters due to how widespread the discontent is, but since they all cried Hillary last election it will be a genuine surprise to a genuinely surprising amount of people. During her victory speech, Warren alludes to Hillary having made cracks in the glass ceiling. Given that 2020 is the cycle right before a census too, this is doubly bad for the right, it won't be as bad as 2010 was for Democrats but it will still lead to a tough time winning the house for a decade to come. The saving grace? 10+ years of Democratic court rulings and referendum results at the state level that serve to limit the effects of gerrymandering and lock in so-called "fair" districts.

Oh, and if you thought that that's the end, you still have three months of lame-duck Trump to look forward too, when he gets to really go out and cut loose, freed from the constraints of polling or popular opinion. McConnell, seeing the end of the ride, goes all in on court nominations, its a steady churn, Trump's last 90 days result in way more than 90 vacancies being filled. Don't be surprised if he repeatedly claims the election was rigged, if he mandates federal land sales, if he, I don't know, pulls out of the defense pact with Korea, pardons every one of his lackeys who was convicted over the past 4 years, sues CNN over something patently ridiculous, etc.

Had to rate you optimistic for this last part here. I do agree that the 2020 Election will be very close and a lot closer than most people think, but I don't think Trump would lose to Warren unless something major happens after the primaries are over, either we get some sort of "October Surprise" that manages to actually stick to Trump or Warren does or says something that can win her favor with the moderates without getting the Squad and their ilk to completely turn on her.

If it comes down to Warren vs. Trump, it will be a very close and contested race and if Warren does manage to get a win, there's no way in hell she's going to give props to Hillary Clinton on national television. At this point, Clinton is too toxic in the eyes of the general public. She may kiss the ring of the Clintons behind closed doors, but in the wake of the Epstein leaks and Hillary Clinton being so damn unlikable even after 2016, Warren is not going to openly make such statements on national television because it could hurt the Democrats in the 2022 Midterms.

More likely, I think it's going to be Trump vs. Biden. Bloomberg is basically being called in to keep Warren from getting the win in 2020 by splitting the vote in places like Iowa and Nevada that might otherwise go to Warren if it's just her and Biden. Bloomberg is not as liberal or left-leaning as Warren, but he also doesn't have the scandals or the potentially toxic ties with Obama that Bide has. Depending on when Bernie drops, he might also have a role in keeping Warren out and the DNC or Biden might try to subtly keep him afloat before Super Tuesday to divert leftist votes away from Warren.

Bernie is sunk, but not to the degree of Kamala, Tulsi, or the jobbers like Yang and Castro. Unless he has another medical crisis, he's in at least until Iowa, and probably will stay in play until Super Tuesday depending on how well things go for him in New Hampshire and Nevada. I think Bernie might be part of the same contingency plan that Bloomberg is, but not in a direct way.

I do agree that Kamala is effectively done and has too much pride to drop out now, but will likely concede defeat after Iowa or maybe New Hampshire. Buttigieg is likely going to drop out after Iowa or New Hampshire and I think the only reason he's still in is because he's aiming for the VP pick of either Warren or Biden.

I can't say for sure, but I'm getting the feeling that the DNC is writing off 2020 and are probably going to run Biden as a fall guy in the same way that the Republicans did with McCain in 2008. The RNC knew they were going to lose to Obama after Bush left the country in two military quagmires and a major recession, so they ran a respectable-looking establishment guy to take the loss.

(I'd wager that Sarah Palin might have been picked as his VP because they knew McCain was probably going to lose, but they wanted someone that could take some of the heat off McCain when the loss happened. But I digress.)

Given the way that the Democrats have been acting with this impeachment media circus starting with Pelosi doing a total 180 on impeachment and then getting crazier from there, and some rather weird statements from AOC, I think the Democratic Party has either written off 2020 or are seriously considering it. If they are going to take this strategy, they will try their best to make sure Biden is the nominee, as he's more likely to lose to Trump without upsetting too much in doing so.

If Warren gets the nomination, it's going to be close on both sides and a Warren loss would definitely hurt both the leftists and the old establishment Democrats more than a Biden loss, while a Warren victory could hurt the Democrats in 2022 and like you mentioned, it would probably get Trump and Cocaine Mitch to go nuclear for the last few months of Trump's term and go all out with federal-level appointments, executive orders, pardons, and any legislation that the GOP would be holding off until the 2020 Election is over.

Plus, if Biden loses to Trump in 2020, it would be easier for the Democrats to save face with the woke crowd than if Warren loses. And a second Trump term could also be used by Pelosi and the more moderate and corporate Dems to help throw The Squad under the bus.

Last edited:

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Had to rate you optimistic for this last part here. I do agree that the 2020 Election will be very close and a lot closer than most people think, but I don't think Trump would lose to Warren unless something major happens after the primaries are over, either we get some sort of "October Surprise" that manages to actually stick to Trump or Warren does or says something that can win her favor with the moderates without getting the Squad and their ilk to completely turn on her.

If it comes down to Warren vs. Trump, it will be a very close and contested race and if Warren does manage to get a win, there's no way in hell she's going to give props to Hillary Clinton on national television. At this point, Clinton is too toxic in the eyes of the general public. She may kiss the ring of the Clintons behind closed doors, but in the wake of the Epstein leaks and Hillary Clinton being so damn unlikable even after 2016, Warren is not going to openly make such statements on national television because it could hurt the Democrats in the 2022 Midterms.

More likely, I think it's going to be Trump vs. Biden. Bloomberg is basically being called in to keep Warren from getting the win in 2020 by splitting the vote in places like Iowa and Nevada that might otherwise go to Warren if it's just her and Biden. Bloomberg is not as liberal or left-leaning as Warren, but he also doesn't have the scandals or the potentially toxic ties with Obama that Bide has. Depending on when Bernie drops, he might also have a role in keeping Warren out and the DNC or Biden might try to subtly keep him afloat before Super Tuesday to divert leftist votes away from Warren.

Bernie is sunk, but not to the degree of Kamala, Tulsi, or the jobbers like Yang and Castro. Unless he has another medical crisis, he's in at least until Iowa, and probably will stay in play until Super Tuesday depending on how well things go for him in New Hampshire and Nevada. I think Bernie might be part of the same contingency plan that Bloomberg is, but not in a direct way.

I do agree that Kamala is effectively done and has too much pride to drop out now, but will likely concede defeat after Iowa or maybe New Hampshire. Buttigieg is likely going to drop out after Iowa or New Hampshire and I think the only reason he's still in is because he's aiming for the VP pick of either Warren or Biden.

I can't say for sure, but I'm getting the feeling that the DNC is writing off 2020 and are probably going to run Biden as a fall guy in the same way that the Republicans did with McCain in 2008. The RNC knew they were going to lose to Obama after Bush left the country in two military quagmires and a major recession, so they ran a respectable-looking establishment guy to take the loss.

(I'd wager that Sarah Palin might have been picked as his VP because they knew McCain was probably going to lose, but they wanted someone that could take some of the heat off McCain when the loss happened. But I digress.)

Given the way that the Democrats have been acting with this impeachment media circus starting with Pelosi doing a total 180 on impeachment and then getting crazier from there, and some rather weird statements from AOC, I think the Democratic Party has either written off 2020 or are seriously considering it. If they are going to take this strategy, they will try their best to make sure Biden is the nominee, as he's more likely to lose to Trump without upsetting too much in doing so.

If Warren gets the nomination, it's going to be close on both sides and a Warren loss would definitely hurt both the leftists and the old establishment Democrats more than a Biden loss, while a Warren victory could hurt the Democrats in 2022 and like you mentioned, it would probably get Trump and Cocaine Mitch to go nuclear for the last four months of Trump's term and go all out with federal-level appointments, executive orders, pardons, and any legislation that the GOP would be holding off until the 2020 Election is over.

Plus, if Biden loses to Trump in 2020, it would be easier for the Democrats to save face with the woke crowd than if Warren loses. And a second Trump term could also be used by Pelosi and the more moderate and corporate Dems to help throw The Squad under the bus.
You seem to be off about a few things. The Palin story has already been written, McCain picked her, himself, in a decision that took place during a single night after the party told him that they would under no circumstances accept Joe Lieberman, a Democrat, as his running mate. And, bear in mind, they actually could have caused hell at the convention over that, since its not like the VP candidate was actually chosen by the voters. McCain made the decision with little to no background research on her other than her submitted dossier because he was going to lose with things as they were and needed to start gambling.

I do not believe in the whole "lanes" theory that people were mentioning with Biden/Harris and Bernie/Warren two or so months ago, but I think Bloomberg being called in to help Biden, as opposed to replace him, is a foolish theory. The more establishment candidates there are splitting the vote, the more likely it is that an anti-establishment candidate makes it through. I'll be honest and say that both MB and DP are setting up what look to be amateur hour campaigns here. Patrick waited so long that he lost the chance to register in Alabama, a state that a successful version of his candidacy would surely win if he were to be on the ballot, and Bloomberg is publicly saying that he's going to focus on ST over the first four anyway- which is nuts because when does that ever work? Ultimately though, I don't think Bloomberg runs, he's very few people's first choice and getting ballot access at this late stage is tough even for candidates that have been running for months. Going for ballot access in low-hanging fruit states is just a matter of money, which he has a lot of, starting a campaign and getting Jim Gilmored on the other hand is a matter of pride, which he also a lot of.

And finally... Bernie does not take orders from the DNC, he's not even a real Democrat. Backroom candidate conspiracies and three dimensional chess do not, generally speaking, go on.

Also, its a minor point but there's no way that "ten thousand cracks in the glass ceiling" is a vote losing line for Democrats, its the one thing that everyone liked about Hillary. If Democrats do get a female president elected in the next decade or so, there's no way they don't reference it.

Last edited:

Syaoran Li

Born To Raise Hell
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You seem to be off about a few things. The Palin story has already been written, McCain picked her, himself, in a decision that took place during a single night after the party told him that they would under no circumstances accept Joe Lieberman, a Democrat, as his running mate. And, bear in mind, they actually could have caused hell at the convention over that, since its not like the VP candidate was actually chosen by the voters. McCain made the decision with little to no background research on her other than her submitted dossier because he was going to lose with things as they were and needed to start gambling.

On Buttegeig only being in at this point because of pride.... you do know that surveys have neck and neck in Iowa right now, right? He started out as a no-hoper, he's further along than he has any right to be and he's definitely not going to drop out with his numbers being what they are currently.

And finally... Bernie does not take orders from the DNC, he's not even a real Democrat. Backroom candidate conspiracies and three dimensional chess do not, generally speaking, go on.

Also, its a minor point but there's no way that "ten thousand cracks in the glass ceiling" is a vote losing line for Democrats, its the one thing that everyone liked about Hillary. If Democrats do get a female president elected in the next decade or so, there's no way they don't reference it.

First off, you misread me on the situation with Buttigieg. I said that Kamala's the one only staying in because of pride and is sunk beyond all hope.

Buttigieg actually has done surprisingly well and has enough hope to be a late-game contender and a good choice for VP. He could also be one of those "vote-splitter" guys in the Biden vs. Warren showdown. Best guess for me is that Buttigieg will be a VP pick to virtue-signal to the LGBT crowd, and that's something that both Biden or Warren would do since Buttigieg is fairly moderate but isn't stigmatized as a "centrist" to the degree that Biden is, and then he'll probably make a second run in 2024 when the competition isn't as stiff.

I agree that Bernie is not working with the DNC to take out Warren, he's an outsider through and through. But that's not to say he couldn't be useful as an unwitting pawn (for lack of a better term) for the real contenders. I think Bernie is in it to win it and is going to lose the primaries either way, and if Warren got the nomination, he'd back her over Biden or even Buttigieg.

But he's also the one candidate who can do the most to keep Warren from the nomination by splitting the vote in states where Warren would win against Biden but could lose to another leftist. So, I think the DNC would help Bernie simply by not actively fucking with him like they did in 2016, but otherwise letting him burn himself.

I thought that might happen in 2016, but they just went feral. I suspect they will double down again if Trump does pull it off

I actually have a theory as to why we've seen them triple down on all the things that lost them 2016 in the first place.

They think that 2016 was a complete fluke and an utter aberration that should not have happened according to their logic. Trump was a dark horse candidate and everyone was predicting Hillary Clinton had it in the bag right up until Election Day, but then Trump won. The fact that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote probably helped greatly to reinforce the notion that Trump's victory in 2016 was a fluke.

I think Trump winning a second term in 2020 will get the neoliberal bigwigs who actually matter to reconsider their course of action, and the Democratic Party will change as a result. I don't know what direction they will go in after a Trump victory in 2020, but I do think that woke culture will be quietly dropped if Trump wins and they realize that it wasn't a total fluke.

Logic

Like whatever man, that's just like...your opinion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought that might happen in 2016, but they just went feral. I suspect they will double down again if Trump does pull it off
I’m really hoping that a second time over they won’t be able to just blow it off as a fluke. But then again that also means many millenials have to come to terms with the fact that hours of internet whining and/or efforts to hurt people were for nothing, and hell nobody wants to put their ego through that.