Your 2020 predictions

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Syaoran Li

Born To Raise Hell
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m really hoping that a second time over they won’t be able to just blow it off as a fluke. But then again that also means many millenials have to come to terms with the fact that hours of internet whining and/or efforts to hurt people were for nothing, and hell nobody wants to put their ego through that.

The Millennial Left will definitely remain in denial and throw massive temper tantrums, but the bigwigs in the know will get the message and change accordingly, even if they don't publicly admit to it.

Hell, the Millennial Left going nuclear because Trump wins in 2020 would actually be a good excuse for the neoliberal corporatists to cut the line and leave the SJW's and your DSA and Antifa types to fend for themselves, especially if we see some major left-wing violence like Antifa successfully murdering Andy Ngo or killing someone at one of their demonstrations while in black bloc after the 2020 Election or some leftist goes for the high score and actually stacks up a high enough kill count for the media to acknowledge it and not downplay it.

We've already seen that the Woke Left is willing to go for the high score with the Castle Rock STEM High School attack earlier this year. However, they only killed one person and injuries were in the low single digits, so it was easy to memory hole.

If Trump wins in 2020 and the Left gets a violent attack attached to them that cannot be properly deflected or memory-holed, then the neoliberal establishment will definitely change the game plan altogether.

Logic

Like whatever man, that's just like...your opinion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Millennial Left will definitely remain in denial and throw massive temper tantrums, but the bigwigs in the know will get the message and change accordingly, even if they don't publicly admit to it.

Hell, the Millennial Left going nuclear because Trump wins in 2020 would actually be a good excuse for the neoliberal corporatists to cut the line and leave the SJW's and your DSA and Antifa types to fend for themselves, especially if we see some major left-wing violence like Antifa successfully murdering Andy Ngo or killing someone at one of their demonstrations while in black bloc after the 2020 Election or some leftist goes for the high score and actually stacks up a high enough kill count for the media to acknowledge it and not downplay it.

We've already seen that the Woke Left is willing to go for the high score with the Castle Rock STEM High School attack earlier this year. However, they only killed one person and injuries were in the low single digits, so it was easy to memory hole.

If Trump wins in 2020 and the Left gets a violent attack attached to them that cannot be properly deflected or memory-holed, then the neoliberal establishment will definitely change the game plan altogether.
I doubt it, SJW’s and SJW ideology will remain an exploitable selling point for corps until they can break into the Chinese market. Once that happens, THEN they will abandon them. You thought Trump 2016 was bad? imagine the chimpouts that will happen once SJW’s realize boycotts and internet bitching no longer works.

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Public entities want to pander to people in such a way that sales are maximized, that means they will shoot for appealing to everyone in general and spendthrifts in particular. Neither of those bodes well for tamping down on SJW pandering.

MrJokerRager

Z Boobs, V Beach Volleyball and O MAGA 2024
kiwifarms.net
Donald Trump wins the presidency in a very close election but might lose the Senate along with the house. Just like what happened to Obama.

Logic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Public entities want to pander to people in such a way that sales are maximized, that means they will shoot for appealing to everyone in general and spendthrifts in particular. Neither of those bodes well for tamping down on SJW pandering.
While you are correct and I do agree, your statement made me think I could have worded my own a little better. what I meant to say was SJW pandering was the safest route to take since their obnoxiously loud yelling invites bad press and puts profits at risk. Having a chinese consumer base means the benefit of Chinese market profit will far outweigh the risk of abandoning SJW pandering and incurring SJW whining, ergo SJW'S are abandoned and cancel culture dies.

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
While you are correct and I do agree, your statement made me think I could have worded my own a little better. what I meant to say was SJW pandering was the safest route to take since their obnoxiously loud yelling invites bad press and puts profits at risk. Having a chinese consumer base means the benefit of Chinese market profit will far outweigh the risk of abandoning SJW pandering and incurring SJW whining, ergo SJW'S are abandoned and cancel culture dies.
They can pander to the Chinese with region-specific edits and different marketing, like they currently do in Marvel films. We'll have to see if the Chinese ever develop cinematic taste or if they keep mindlessly shoveling down Pirates of the Caribbean and Transformers sequels. Because at this point it seems like they really will take anything as long as its got flashy CGI.

Logic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They can pander to the Chinese with region-specific edits and different marketing, like they currently do in Marvel films. We'll have to see if the Chinese ever develop cinematic taste or if they keep mindlessly shoveling down Pirates of the Caribbean and Transformers sequels. Because at this point it seems like they really will take anything as long as its got flashy CGI.
Good point, I didn’t take that into account.

Syaoran Li

Born To Raise Hell
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
LOL, there’s no fucking way the modern left will stop throwing a tantrum if Trump wins in 2020. This is just who they are at this point: mindless rabble who rages between product consumption for upcummies. They’re the perfect consumer base.

True, but there's a difference between your average leftist on Twitter throwing a temper tantrum and your liberal big shot who has to be pragmatic and change their strategy for expanding their power and influence.

Ryszenska

playing minecraft on a cool 2012 summer night
kiwifarms.net
> The Demos try to scramble for a candidate.
> They fail.
> Third parties do fuck all.
> Media and polls go "orange man bad" & "drumpf'll never win".
> President Trump wins again.
> Sit back and happily relax while making compilations of people screeching.
> Say "Told you so" to those I know who say "nah Trump bad".
> America gets slightly better while Europe rots.

エボラちゃん

♥~No cure for Love~♥
kiwifarms.net
-Trump gets re-elected.
-At least one major event (disaster, act of terror or geopolitical/economic event) will occur during the election which will shift the theme of the presidential campaign.
-Maybe a political assassination attempt during or shortly after 2020 US presidential election.
-Still no Brexit.
-Cyberpunk 2077 will disappoint.
-More ebola outbreak next summer.
-At least one major (>10 dead) act of terror will take place in one of the following countries: UK-France-Germany-Belgium-Sweden-Denmark.
-At least one incel (possibly a polfag or r9cuck) is going to rise up.
-One big technological disaster in China or India.
-No new major conflict is going to emerge in 2020.
-A bunch of dead Ecelebs are going to try to make a come back and surf on the presidential election, I expect to see a nice shitshow later next year.
-Ruth Bader Ginsburg will die next year around summer.
-I don't have any names in mind but I predict at least 2 dead lolcows for 2020, maybe Jazz Jennings.
-At least one mild natural disaster will take place somewhere either in south america, south east asia or far middle-east.

Last edited:

Syaoran Li

Born To Raise Hell
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think we’re going to hit the ground running with a backlash against SJW Woke culture, I’ve already seen it brewing a lot this year.

By 2021 I expect it to be basically over with.

Agreed. If Trump wins in 2020, then 2021 will be the year that Woke Culture officially "dies" because then the corporate media will have no reason whatsoever to back it. It's harming their profit margins and if it fails to keep Trump from getting a second term, then it's completely useless.

Star Wars Episode IX is definitely going to under-perform at the very least. I'm not sure if it will be a total bomb because it's got the Star Wars name attached to it and Captain Marvel proved that Disney is willing to game the system and buy out seats in advance for opening weekend, but I don't think it will be the smash success that Disney wants it to be.

If an MCU film bombs or even just under-performs badly enough, that would also be a major death knell moment for SJW culture and capeshit in particular.

Xiphias

kiwifarms.net
One idea I've been playing around with that I haven't seen much is this: that identity politics is a century-long profitable venture for the left that has finally turned into a bubble. It's gotten them easy votes, but as the West grows more equal (in the true sense), they have to fear-monger more and more to keep it going. The current hysteria is partly because they're con some level afraid of what's going to happen when the bubble pops. (Hopefully) we're going to see a realignment of voters soon that kills the incentive to do this once and for all.

I kinda think this can explain some of the overreaching demands being called trans right too. If they suggested halfway reasonable policies, we might have been done with it years ago. And what after that? There just isn't an endless supply of identity minorities.

Abyssal Bulwark

One day at a time.
kiwifarms.net
  • The Senate acquits Donald Trump.
  • Donald Trump wins re-election.
  • Antifa gets someone killed.
  • Ruth Bader Ginsburg passes away. She is replaced with Amy Coney Barrett.
  • Democrats continue to chip away at firearm rights.
  • Barb Chandler lives another year.
  • There is more backlash to woke identity politics than there was this year. (Get woke, go broke)
  • Joe Biden or Elizabeth Warren will be the Democrat nominee for 2020.
  • Onision gets arrested.
  • China continues to rise as a global superpower.
  • Brexit might get pushed back again.
  • More mass shootings.
  • Virginia Governor Ralph Northam may very well have an armed rebellion on his hands over his unconstitutional firearm laws he wants to pass. (Many VA counties are now calling themselves 2A Sanctuaries)
  • Democrats will likely lose control of the House in the elections.
  • More censorship and throttling of independent political commentary on social media.
  • I spend another year being fat and lazy.

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Virginia Governor Ralph Northam may very well have an armed rebellion on his hands over his unconstitutional firearm laws he wants to pass. (Many VA counties are now calling themselves 2A Sanctuaries)
God I fucking hope not; Last thing I need right now is a goddamned armed insurgency happening right under my nose when I am trying to workout some of my long term plans.

Hopefully (but probably optimistic) the supreme court takes up Guns in a way that disarms those laws, nullifying the whole issue in the first place.

Perhaps more likely, though not an ideal situation, VA ends up just being cucked after a few months of outrage.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
  1. Trump wins Re-Election but does so with less then the Majority vote [Again]
  2. Democrats contest the election in multiple states, dragging out a final deceleration until the Electoral College votes in December
  3. House republicans will be short of retaking the majority (by 5 votes)
  4. House Democrats Will resume impeachment processes in 2021
  5. The Senate majority will shrink by 1 or 2 votes and Cocaine Mitch will have trouble passing things
  6. Portland will burn and they will have General Strikes off and on. So will other cities with lots of danger hairs
  7. Jordan will start to join Lebanon, Syria, The Palestinian Authority, and Iraq as failed or near failed states in the middle east due to political and economic collapse.
  8. Another major big budget tentpoll will follow Jokers example of maximized profits outside of China
  9. Shang Chi and Eternals will massively under perform
  10. KK will announce a successor

I wish to amend my predictions

The Senate Majority will be a Push on current numbers or republicans take 1 maybe 2 extra seats as
House GOP will also gain a slim (5 or less) seat Majority as Impeachment will backfire after the senate trial of trump
Mitt Romney will make a speech excoriating house Dems and expressing his reluctance over the whole affair and ultimately Abstaining (being the NOT PROVEN)
Plan 9 from Star Wars will have a bigger first to second week drop off then the last jedi

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Trumps gonna win because the dems will look like a joke when they lose the impeachment inqury
They're already a joke. But I fully expect some kind of reshuffling of the Democratic party once the 2020 election inevitably goes to the Republicans again, regardless of Trump winning or another guy enters and wins in his stead.