Your Favorite Philosopher -

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
How about Schopenhauer? Yeah, he was a huge dick and nearly a complete asshole and you'd probably throw him out a window if you had to listen to his bullshit for a couple hours, but he had some points.

Positron

Ready to explain photosynthesis to Bill Nye
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
David Hume. His skepticism, especially partaining social, cultural and moral matters, is refreshing in moderate doses. Although pace Hume I won't take skepticism to such extreme and declare we are never able to predict anything.

I'd say Epicurus/epicureanism, by far. That's sort of the philosophy I grew up with.
I read in a side note that Epicureans advised against getting involved with poor people, because their troubles are many and they drag you down. I cannot find the source to confirm it but I totally agree!

temeluchus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a real soft spot for Nietzsche.

The guy was an ace psychiatrist, appreciated the positives of religion despite talking about its failures, was an atheist whilst being very honest about it's problems and after all that very funny, optimistic and easy to read.

It would have been great to get him and Kierkegaard in the same room.

Last edited:

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Learning of philosophy, I'm split on a few people.

Far as the ones I like so far, I may as well say Aquinas at least in how he tries to propose what evil is, even though there are no doubt other systems and such that dismantle his definition of evil. Another I like (and also currently reading on) is Aristotle. Nietzsche is one I want to get into, at least in understanding him more.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Learning of philosophy, I'm split on a few people.

Far as the ones I like so far, I may as well say Aquinas at least in how he tries to propose what evil is, even though there are no doubt other systems and such that dismantle his definition of evil. Another I like (and also currently reading on) is Aristotle. Nietzsche is one I want to get into, at least in understanding him more.
What is so cool about the art of Philosophy is, you can learn so much more from what you disagree with.

In regards to say politics econ, you may feel X and someone can expand your view points. You can be smart as fuck, and be say, pro gun control or anti universal health care. There's data you can back with. After X point if you are smart it's conformation bias to hear it and you can shoot down most disagreements.

Philosophy, you HAVE to listen you have to learn. And it's ideals, no one matches up. It's such a blessing and I know where I sit and in ways you read things you disagree with and unlike say gov/spiritual shit, I feel I learned reading Marx, but say a Marxist like Sanders I got nothing from. I openly disagree with communism.

So yea take it all in.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I have a real soft spot for Nietzsche.

The guy was an ace psychiatrist, appreciated the positives of religion despite talking about its failures, was an atheist whilst being very honest about it's problems and after all that very funny, optimistic and easy to read.

It would have been great to get him and Kierkegaard in the same room.
Nietzsche has been ridiculously hated. At least in modern life, he is seen as virtually nihilism personified, despite mostly detesting it and ignoring that the "Last Man" he posited was actually more or less an SJW, and SJWs are the ultimate result of nihilism.

Then there's the fact that he's blamed for Nazis, whom he would have despised, and that's largely thanks to his horrible useless cunt of a sister.

The Last Man is what you're looking at when you see a tweet with some absolute faggot making some infuriating scream face while holding up a Nintendo Switch or some other consumer product. A subhuman piece of garbage who has sacrificed everything meaningful in his life, and maybe even enjoyed being cucked, and replaced any desire for individuality or creativity for some piece of shit sold to every idiot on the planet.

temeluchus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nietzsche has been ridiculously hated. At least in modern life, he is seen as virtually nihilism personified, despite mostly detesting it and ignoring that the "Last Man" he posited was actually more or less an SJW, and SJWs are the ultimate result of nihilism.
He’s also real example of quote mining out of context, a good example being “god is dead” with edgelords who never bothered to read it in context not realising Nietzsche was, if anything, mourning the death of god and discussing its consequences whilst the religious in the past have reacted in a knee jerk fashion to those words again out of context.

I agree, the SJW is a spiteful nihilistic last man (last troon?) wielding slave morality as a club.

SeaPancake

KF's resident history sperg
kiwifarms.net
I take bits and pieces from different philosophers, and honestly my preference towards certain philosophers is rooted in my love of history and progress. Philosophers who proposed new ideas or concepts that very much greatly challenged religious traditions, selfishness, and prejudices during their time are stellar in my book. That and if their philosophies offer some sort of comfort to assuage my existential crises.

David Hume, Diderot, John Stuart Mill, Epicurus, Simone de Beauvoir, Jean Paul Sartre, Friedrich Nietzsche, Karl Popper.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino