your favorite song? -

Count groudon

Saltier than Njord's left testicle
kiwifarms.net
Ok so what's the song is your absolute favorite? The song that can make your worst days more bearable when you hear it. And whys this song so special to you?

Reactions: Crichax

Vodka's My BFF

Welcome to the Velvet Room...
kiwifarms.net
I have two songs that I call my favorite. The first would have to be "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac and the second is "Como La Flor" by Selena.

"Dreams" is a song that a good friend of mine would always put on and sing horribly to when I was in a bad mood. She died a few years back and putting this on and remembering her god awful singing and the smile on her face the whole time perks me up.

"Como La Flor" is a song that my circle of friends would always play when we would kick off a trip to the city when we were younger. Good times, good times.

• Winner
Reactions: Cave

Dork Of Ages

Sopa de Macaco
kiwifarms.net
Who Can It Be Now? by Men At Work. I remember hearing this song when I was a kid, and I was trying my best to remember it till recently, when the radio randomly started playing it.

R.A.E.L.

Sugarbaby
kiwifarms.net
Toss-up between Miss Murder by AFI and Dragula by Rob Zombie.

As for why? I don't know. I just like the way they sound.

Count groudon

Saltier than Njord's left testicle
kiwifarms.net
My favorite is not in love by crystal castles because...well lets just say its one of the things that got me through a bad time

• Winner
Reactions: Cave

Arkangel

Computer Science and Computer Violence
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For me, it has to be Moya by Godspeed You! Black Emperor. To me, it encompasses everything good about the band.

Reactions: Amo Bishop Roden

Da Pickle Monsta

Should Have Been Bullied
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Probably "One" by Apocalyptica. It's a string cover of one of Metallica's song, sans lyrics, and it's just so perfectly morose that I can't help but get shivers every single time I hear it.

[youtube]D64UOxkwRPY[/youtube]

Reactions: Abethedemon

spaps

I'LL FUCK YOU OFF AT NO COST
kiwifarms.net
I've got a few.

-What I Got by Sublime
-Insane in the Membrane by Cypress Hill
-Wallflower by Divalola
-Don't Stop Me Now by Queen
-Bat out of Hell by Meat Loaf
-Heroes of our Time by Dragonforce
-Lost, Left, All Alone by A Fall To Break
-You Know My Name by Chris Cornell

...Okay, maybe more than a few.

Picklepower

This isnt even my final form
kiwifarms.net
Favorite songs by specific bands.

Nebel (mist, or fog) by Rammstein
Minute of Decay by Marilyn Manson
Creatures of the Night by Kiss
Mr. Crowley by Ozzy Osbourne

champthom

"Champthom doesn't bullshit."
Founder
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Piano Man by Billy Joel, hands down. I remember hearing that song when I was 4 and being entranced by the harmonica and the piano bits. It's followed me throughout my life and it's definitely my all time favorite.

Thunder Road by The Boss himself, Bruce Springsteen, would be second.

Reactions: Randy Lahey

Burning Love

kiwifarms.net
[youtube]9HB-mNS-ros[/youtube]

My favorite for the past two days anyway, my songs rotate. Also, I watched a video of someone playing it and learned it in one go except the solo because I like to improvise my own solos. IT'S REALLY FUN TO PLAY TOO! 8-)

Reactions: Satanic666

caffeinated_wench

HOLY CROW
kiwifarms.net
I know it's Disney, but this song hits me right in the feels. I identify with it a lot.
It's about being who you are and not caring about what other people think.
It's about personal freedom and letting go of your fears.

It just really gets to me how HAPPY she looks.

Also, that ice castle.

[youtube]moSFlvxnbgk[/youtube]

• Feels
Reactions: Arctic

TrippinKahlua

Professionalism - At its finest.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most favorite songs include

- Irene Cara - Flashdance... What a Feeling
- Laura Branigan - Gloria
- Cyndi Lauper - Time after Time
- Abba - The Winner Takes it All
- Propaganda - Duel
- Madonna - Live to Tell

I have an incredibly girly taste in music. :lol:

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you knew me in real life, you'd know my favorite band is Clutch. I found them totally by accident and since then, I dunno. Not to sound totally pretentious, but their music is familiar and comforting, like my own heartbeat, but all the same not redundant or cliche. It's everything I love in music, all in one band. So naturally, my favorite song has to come from them.... except there's the catch. I can't pick but one song, as that's like asking me which one of my fingers is my favorite. So, here's a sample of the ones I feel the most tuned towards:

1) The Regulator - Just the subdued power behind this song is chilling. Some songs you can hum to; this is a song you will find yourself chanting along with. This is a song for the downtrodden but unwilling to accept defeat.

2) Sink Em Low - The rhythm of this song, much like Regulator, is just giving fate the middle finger. Everything is going to shit, but you just keep on pouring it on until you see the light at the other end.

3) Big New III - Actually one of their raritys as it wasn't on any standalone album, it's a story song about whaling, cannibalism, and revenge. It's an undoubtedly dumb song, but the groove in it is infectious.

4) Burning Beard - One of the things I enjy the most about Clutch's music is how a number of their songs speak in metaphors and allusions, not to confound, but give a much more visceral image of what is being sung. That said, this song is a Hieronymus Bosch painting made into sound, condemning how religious institutions have essentially gleefully grabbed big businesses' crotch with two greedy hands. It's angry and powerful but at the same time not heavy-handed and overbearing.

So... hope you enjoy.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino