your favorite song? -

Cave

Eyes Without A Face
kiwifarms.net
If it's all right, I have a few favorites.

I love Joy Division. They're the be-all and end-all of post-punk music next to Public Image Ltd. I love all their songs, but "Love Will Tear Us Apart" is a classic that even non-JD fans admit is a track with more than a decent hook.

I'm not a big Billy Idol fan (I only like a few of his songs) but "Eyes Without A Face" is an intensely personal and dreamy track that really threw me for a loop when I first listened to Rebel Yell in its entirety. It's one of the few ballads on that album and the best one at that.

The Strokes, to me, are the most pleasant band from the early 2000's garage rock revival. Is This It is intensely catching and lyrically interesting. I haven't heard rock so catchy since the early '60s. "Hard to Explain" is my favorite track from that album, but really, any track can fill that spot on any given day.

There are plenty more, and I may discuss more of my favorites later, but these few are a good start.

Reactions: Bogs

MarineTrainedTard

Climb into my mouth
kiwifarms.net
I have a very, very difficult time picking one song as my "favorite". Whenever I pick one I find I change my mind, and that can depend on my mood, where I am, who I'm with, or for no real reason.

If you put a gun to my head and forced me to pick, I guess I'd say this one:

This is because the composition, arrangement, performance, etc are IMO near perfect in terms of technical proficiency and artistry, and also it's meaningful to me because of where I was in my life when I first heard it, and I've listened to it a lot since then. Maybe this is a bit power-levelly, but the feelings I associate with it aren't happy feelings, but I love this song regardless.

Reactions: holy buttocks

Randy Lahey

Trailer Park Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't help but play air guitar to Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love by Van Halen, so I guess that's my favourite song.

Reactions: Bogs

TheProdigalStunna

Fucking destruction
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Two chords, a few lines of lyrics, a mostly unchanging drum beat, and it manages to keep you absolutely transfixed for all 19 minutes.

Bogs

What's simpler than a fucking potato?
kiwifarms.net
I've thought about this long and hard, and instead of giving a list (which I've partially written), I give one:
Talking Heads - "Once in a Lifetime"

I heard it first when I was 12 years old on an airplane, and like most songs I've heard on airplanes I've learned to love it. When I was 15 my friend had the greatest hits of the Talking Heads on his iPod, and I used to constantly steal his iPod just to listen to it. Thus began my headphone induced consumption of music.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino