Your first MMO - Kid's first MMO, your first MMo exprince

Autumnal Equinox

I hope you relish it as much as I
kiwifarms.net
EverQuest. Started playing it in late 1999. Game blew my mind back then. I saw recently that it had gone free to play and made a new toon, but the game barely resembles what I remember. Death seems like a slap on the wrist now instead of how much it could ass rape you back in the day.

Battlecruiser3000ad

greetings frum india i hate gays
kiwifarms.net
Ultima Online, about 12 years among multiple emulated servers.
First one was on a custom Second Age class-based server, then moved to a Third Age OSI-like one and then onto another OSI-like.
I quit 10 years ago or so, and never played it again. Never player another MMO either, nor will I ever.
Some good memories from it tho.

Amaranth

Basic Plant
kiwifarms.net
OG 2001 runescape was my first, not an mmo but the original 4 .hacks also helped show me what a standard mmo was like it just lacked the fun racism

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
EverQuest. Started playing it in late 1999. Game blew my mind back then. I saw recently that it had gone free to play and made a new toon, but the game barely resembles what I remember. Death seems like a slap on the wrist now instead of how much it could ass rape you back in the day.
Try EverQuest Project 1999, which is a private server that faithfully recreates EQ from launch to the end of the second expansion. The main server is on the final patch, but the green server is progressively matching the Games launch patch by patch.

Dave.

Don't call it a massacre, call it revenge.
kiwifarms.net
It depends on your definition. Like just massively online? Puzzle Pirates by a long shot. MMORPG? Runescape.

Salad_Dodger

Was molested by Repzion's dead gramps.
kiwifarms.net
EQ was my first also. The corpse run and anxiety that it had been looted. Yikes. Then the losing XP.

Reactions: Bone Juice
Tags
None