Your Guilty Pleasures -

Positron

Ready to explain photosynthesis to Bill Nye
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Annual extravaganza by my favorite MILF!!!!!!!!
This year is underwhelming though, not as camp as she could be.

Last edited:

Give Her The D

Amputee without a Soul
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Post Malone may be shit, but it's the only type of SoundCloud rap/trap bullshit I can stand listening to. Plus, at least I can stand Beerbongs & Bentleys better than I can Stoney.

For how shit he is, Better Now is kind of nice.

admiral

passionless bombast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
TBh i'm all over anything with Dolph Lundgren even tangentially involved. But this song is pretty hype.

Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

commandersalamander

giggle exhale
kiwifarms.net
I used to love Evanescence. They started losing their luster when I was 16 and I was mostly over them when they released their comeback album in 2011, but damn it if they don't have a special place in my heart. They're so corny now but I still know all the words and secretly kinda like them, though I can't take nearly as much of them these days, when before they were all I listened to at certain points of my life.

Other similar European bands like Within Temptation, Nightwish (I was strictly Tarja era,) Lacuna Coil, Theatre of Tragedy, Epica and so on are guilty pleasures to this day. They don't hold the same appeal as they did when I was 12-15, but I would be lying if I said I never revisited them on occassion.

I second everyone who mentioned Europop. I adore this entire record even if I can recognize that it's utter horse shit. It's catchy and infectious, damn it:

I don't like their other stuff nearly as much. Everything proceeding this record just sounds like cheap, empty versions of their debut (because it all is.) My mom owned The Sign and it was one of my favorite dorky bedroom dance party records as a kid. I still love it, ngl.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Kasich

WEEDle

kiwifarms.net
They used to play this Nightwish song on TV a lot back in 2004.
I never checked out any of their other stuff, but this one stuck with me purely for nostalgia.

Same story with this song, I like it because it played a lot on TV in 2004. I did actually end up checking out some of their other stuff years later and didn't really like it, so this is another one put down purely to nostalgia.

Also I can second I used to like Mindless Self Indulgence. What was it they called their sound? "Industrial pussy jungle punk"‽ Oh god, the cringe...

Winnie the Poohnani

Man has entered the forest.
kiwifarms.net
If I was capable of feeling guilt for enjoying something, it might be Milli Vanilli tunes. I heard the singles and liked them before I ever saw the two clowns they hired as frontmen for the videos. It all seemed a bit daft to throw out some fun Frank Farian pop music just because the singers were visualized as lip syncing Terence Trent D'Arby lookalikes.

But I'm incapable of feeling guilt for my musical tastes. I still have my Milli Vanilli album that the record company offered to buy back for $1 as part of their legal settlement. Hell, it's worth at least $1.50 to me, so that would be a net loss according to pop music math.

commandersalamander

giggle exhale
kiwifarms.net
Also I can second I used to like Mindless Self Indulgence. What was it they called their sound? "Industrial pussy jungle punk"‽ Oh god, the cringe...
As flawed and whiny as Evanescence are, I still think a lot of the songs sound pretty. Amy Lee has a nice voice (with the help of sound engineering admittedly.) MSI (and their project The Left Rights) on the other hand is embarrassing. I tried listening to Bitches, Clarissa, You'll Rebel to Anything and Stupid MF a few years ago out of nostalgia and I've no clue why I found that stuff funny when I was around 12-14. Fortunately liking MSI is typically a phase middle and high school edgelords go through and the majority grow out of it.

Coldplay is an overly commercialized, safe, money jerking off, highly formulaic poor man's Radiohead, but I love 2000's Parachutes and 2002's A Rush of Blood to the Head. I haven't liked anything they've done since then however, with the exception of this 2008 single (I was gifted the record for Christmas and it was the only good song it contained)

I love this song from Parachutes:

Beautiful:

And of course:

I was about 8 or 9 when I first heard it and it was magical. I had never heard anything like it at the time (until I got older and discovered how many bands they've ripped off.) It was their most commercially successful song at the time and they gradually became more and more bland and pandering with each release (especially Speed of Sound, which is almost identical to Clocks. X&Y sucks so much) as a way to ride that sweet money train, but you know what?

I still love clocks and their early work in general. God damn it.

Last edited:

WEEDle

kiwifarms.net
As flawed and whiny as Evanescence are, I still think a lot of the songs sound pretty. Amy Lee has a nice voice (with the help of sound engineering admittedly.) MSI (and their project The Left Rights) on the other hand is embarrassing. I tried listening to Bitches, Clarissa, You'll Rebel to Anything and Stupid MF a few years ago out of nostalgia and I've no clue why I found that stuff funny when I was around 12-14. Fortunately liking MSI is typically a phase middle and high school edgelords go through and the majority grow out of it.

Coldplay is an overly commercialized, safe, money jerking off, highly formulaic poor man's Radiohead, but I love 2000's Parachutes and 2002's A Rush of Blood to the Head. I haven't liked anything they've done since then however, with the exception of this 2008 single (I was gifted the record for Christmas and it was the only good song it contained)

I love this song from Parachutes:

Beautiful:

And of course:

I was about 8 or 9 when I first heard it and it was magical. I had never heard anything like it at the time (until I got older and discovered how many bands they've ripped off.) It was their most commercially successful song at the time and they gradually became more and more bland and pandering with each release (especially Speed of Sound, which is almost identical to Clocks. X&Y sucks so much) as a way to ride that sweet money train, but you know what?

I still love clocks and their early work in general. God damn it.
I agree about Coldplay's first albums. I listened to them a lot when they first came out, they were kinda like Radiohead-lite. Lost interest in them around the mid 2000s. In modern times it's torture if I have to listen to their songs like Paradise. Chris Martin deserves to be shot for that one.

Probably a guilty pleasure of mine that I can listen to stupid shit like this and genuinely enjoy it

and this

Reactions: commandersalamander
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino