Your Guilty Pleasures -

commandersalamander

giggle exhale
kiwifarms.net
i don't care if ellie goulding screeches like a dying chipmunk. i love her.

honestly clavin harris in general is just an overall guilty pleasure for me:

best version of starry eyed:

GuyKazama

It's okay, i'm a tankbuster.
kiwifarms.net

I don't give a shit that Theory of a Deadman is basically a poor mans Nickleback. I also don't give a shit that I discovered this song playing the David Cage atrocity that is The Indigo Prophecy back in 2005. I fucking love this song.

• Feels
Reactions: commandersalamander

commandersalamander

giggle exhale
kiwifarms.net
Most of Adam Young's work I can't stand (especially fireflies, fuck that song) and I didn't know how much I hated working retail until I had to hear Peppermint Winter once an hour during the holidays, but these two songs just have an infectious sort of childlike wonder and naivety to them that I find comforting. I really like the personification of Hello Seattle to be honest. I hear these two songs and just wish I could be that estatic over the simple things in life like I was small all over again.

Last edited:

commandersalamander

giggle exhale
kiwifarms.net

I don't give a shit that Theory of a Deadman is basically a poor mans Nickleback. I also don't give a shit that I discovered this song playing the David Cage atrocity that is The Indigo Prophecy back in 2005. I fucking love this song.
I hate ToAD even more than Nickelback, but I can relate because I admit to liking this shitty post-grunge song:

I wish I didn't because I recognize it's utter shit and I normally hate post-grunge, but I can't help it. Fuck it.

• Feels
Reactions: GuyKazama

WEEDle

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of post-grunge... I used to listen to the Australian band Silverchair a bit when I was younger. Some of the songs from their first album are decent. Original? Nah, they're pretty derivative, but considering they were 15 years old when they recorded the album, still quite impressive.

You have to wonder if they'd somehow managed to release this album in the early nineties instead of the mid nineties when grunge was dying out would it have been received as more authentic?

I'm not sure it would have been. People gave Stone Temple Pilots shit when they released their first album in 92 because they played in a grunge style and weren't from Seattle, but STP are on a whole other level compared to Silverchair and I wouldn't consider STP a guilty pleasure, more like a proud pleasure.

Anyway, with each album Silverchair released their sound got progressively worse.

commandersalamander

giggle exhale
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of post-grunge... I used to listen to the Australian band Silverchair a bit when I was younger. Some of the songs from their first album are decent. Original? Nah, they're pretty derivative, but considering they were 15 years old when they recorded the album, still quite impressive.

You have to wonder if they'd somehow managed to release this album in the early nineties instead of the mid nineties when grunge was dying out would it have been received as more authentic?

I'm not sure it would have been. People gave Stone Temple Pilots shit when they released their first album in 92 because they played in a grunge style and weren't from Seattle, but STP are on a whole other level compared to Silverchair and I wouldn't consider STP a guilty pleasure, more like a proud pleasure.

Anyway, with each album Silverchair released their sound got progressively worse.
My mom owned Silverchair's first CD and gave it quite a few spins when I was small. I never really got into them, but I'll agree they're not horrible as far as post-grunge goes. Just boring. STP became passe once I graduated to Alice in Chains, Green River and Mudhoney, and are unlistenable to me now. They've tried too hard since the start imo. I still have a soft spot for Bush however. Glycerine hits me in the feels.

Criticize Shonen Knife all you want for being campy, childish rip-offs of The Ramones and The Beach Boys, but anyone who doesn't secretly like them is no fun.

This music video is so ridiculous. Shooting godzilla inspired clay monsters with guitars in outer space? Hell yes.

60's esque bubble gum, surf-punky fun that worships barbie dolls is actually a thing? Is this real life?

Unapologetic, obsessive fan-girling over The Ramones? I approve.

Last edited:
Reactions: WEEDle

Pointandlaugh

Lookin' for the good stuff
kiwifarms.net
@commandersalamander I agree about Calvin Harris being guilty pleasure. I do admit he does produce shit but in the recent years he has produced some catchy and funky songs. This is what you came for is better than we found love and how deep is your love, even though they were played to death back in the day. The funk wav bounces vol 1 would have been a great instrumental album, the rapping let it down.

Reactions: commandersalamander

Mr. A. L. Mao

Has the inclinations to...mount women
kiwifarms.net
This is so dumb, why do I like it (:_(
My mom owned Silverchair's first CD and gave it quite a few spins when I was small. I never really got into them, but I'll agree they're not horrible as far as post-grunge goes. Just boring. STP became passe once I graduated to Alice in Chains, Green River and Mudhoney, and are unlistenable to me now. They've tried too hard since the start imo. I still have a soft spot for Bush however. Glycerine hits me in the feels.
Curious if you've checked out any of STP's later albums. Their first album is all grunge, but they evolved later and did some really cool stuff imo.
Love this guitar solo.

WEEDle

kiwifarms.net
Time for a confession of a really guilty pleasure. Just for the record, I don't like Lil Wayne and I've never heard any other song by him I could stand. That being said...

I remember my friend showed this to me when I was 16. He was showing it to me to make fun of it, but in no time we knew all the words and we'd listen and sing along in a low guttural voice, half mocking it and half actually enjoying it, I'm ashamed to say.

The lyrics are actually quite funny to me. The song has a bunch of writers credited, along with Lil Wayne, but I wonder whether he really contributed that much to the writing. This one's mostly down to nostalgia and humorous memories.

This remix is pretty cool. Has kind of a chiptune feel.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino