Your most a'utistic project -

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
Got into assembling and painting Warhammer recently
I was able to get into the hobby at a dirt cheap price. Lazy consumers + eBay = cheap entry
Found someone selling their unopened models along with paints, brushes etc on eBay.
Everything needed to start, over $800 worth of products for $300.
Only thing I needed to buy was a wet pallette and primer
we need the army to know how autistic you are.

Nephi

IBS were rigged from the start
kiwifarms.net
I'm a member and frecuent poster of the autism support forum known as Kiwifarms
sadly i live in a big apartment building, so setting up a chemistry lab (or a cannabis growing operation) would draw lots of unwanted attention from neighbors
Do it faggot.

• Autistic
Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

Prophetic Spirit

"I'm a sex symbol. You gotta deal with it!"
kiwifarms.net
Basically i'm writing a novel remake of a sketch from a fanfic (sounds weird, isn't).
I'm writing a Novel in Spanish (because it's my mother language), i'm writing the second-half right now with 106k words behind.
Now... the evolution of this project was:
>The first shit i wrote was a fanfic in the first part of a sketch (yeah, that level, with like... 8k words).
>Secondly, i was aware that the plot became too much different for the fanfic, so... rebuilding that first part without the obnoxious base, i wrote a sketch (40k words this time).
>I created a direct sequel, inside the same novel, making 50k loosely words on it.
>My final deal was trying to sell that (96k words reachs with the quality-quantity qualifiment, knowledge by reading many literature threads since... i'm not fond to make contact with people, sadly) but...
>A idea come off my mind the last year, "remake" the first novel and reach 200k, updating the whole argument, making changes & even put more characters than before.

And i writing since then...
I'm sure this time is a big & final deal; i put more effort than before & i told by many people that the novel is in a great shape.
So... that's the story to fill this spoiler, lads.

SPAAAAAAACE

*necrorates your post*
kiwifarms.net
Triple-booting Arch, Debian, and Windows, and getting the Arch install to be a viable dev/shitposting machine. Lately I've been eyeing Gentoo and Linux From Scratch, like an AA member eyes that one bottle they keep telling themselves they'll throw out...

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
When I look for something in an image folder I give images better names so they will be easier to find, here's part of the animal section.
zAutism1.JPG

No category gets a folder of its own, but I make a new general folder every year.
zAutism2.JPG
(there's one for every year from 2009 to now)

The purpose of having folders per year is where the autism really kicks in, it is a measure of internet activity and at the end of the year I weigh the contents of the folder. 2011 was a fantastic year in my mind, did a lot of great things, accomplished much... or is that just my memory, it was nine years ago. Let's check.
zAutism3a.JPG
Nope, 2011 was good, just 185 images saved, averaging one every other day. Good job, old-young me!

2019 was decent,
zAutism3b.JPG
Completely wrong, it was a garbage year.

It is an ongoing project... Corona-chan will probably not help with keeping img2k20 lean.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Digitizing Laserdiscs and VHS tapes. I give up a lot cause I'm never satisfied with the quality of my rips, which are pretty good IMHO.
Similar for me, but with scanning books. At one point I was using someone else's university library access to borrow rare books from across the country just so I could scan them and add them to my private digital library. My scans were not the best quality, but I was often scanning stuff that was impossible to find in any digital format and had no existing scans, so that was the tradeoff.

The rarest document I ever scanned was an old technical manual via a limited print copy of an archival photocopy of a badly aged original. It's for a Schneider-Creusot 155mm "Long Tom" artillery system, from 1897. Since this document is impossible to privately purchase and I don't think anyone owns the copyrights to it, here it is:

Attachments

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
Making an illustrated cooking book with all my family recipes written in calligraphy. I bought a watercolor pad bound like a book, and taught myself how to paint realistic vegetables and food. I started years ago, and I'm still going. Thanks to the lockdown I'll probably finish it in a couple of months.
If your vegetable paintings have become good enough and the lockdown drags on you might try to eat the book towards the end out of desperation. All those years for naught.
The dumbest Twilight Zone episode.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When I look for something in an image folder I give images better names so they will be easier to find, here's part of the animal section.
View attachment 1231503
No category gets a folder of its own, but I make a new general folder every year.
View attachment 1231504 (there's one for every year from 2009 to now)

The purpose of having folders per year is where the autism really kicks in, it is a measure of internet activity and at the end of the year I weigh the contents of the folder. 2011 was a fantastic year in my mind, did a lot of great things, accomplished much... or is that just my memory, it was nine years ago. Let's check.
View attachment 1231506 Nope, 2011 was good, just 185 images saved, averaging one every other day. Good job, old-young me!

2019 was decent,
View attachment 1231541 Completely wrong, it was a garbage year.

It is an ongoing project... Corona-chan will probably not help with keeping img2k20 lean.
I've tried to do the same kind of thing but by the time I had the idea to not just throw every single saved image into one gigantic folder I was already swamped and there's no way in hell I can rename them all

Especially with how shit I saved before I was even an adult can get pretty autistic, but I can't get rid of it because I want a perpetual reminder of my younger mindsets, stupid priorities, etc.

Banworld

Never knows best.
kiwifarms.net
Likely what I'm writing for the OP of the Boogie thread, the whole thing has made me aware of just how much information I've retained about some fat sped on the Internet. Outside of that, I'm considering writing a bot to auto-archive stuff for lolcows. So if they post a video, it's automatically archived in a format <100mbs or the lowest quality available, ready to be uploaded to the site, and if they tweet then it's automatically archived in both text and submitted to archive.md. I'm sure there are bots available to do that already, but I want to write more of my own stuff and get better at Python.

Reactions: Pissmaster

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
I've tried to do the same kind of thing but by the time I had the idea to not just throw every single saved image into one gigantic folder I was already swamped and there's no way in hell I can rename them all

Especially with how shit I saved before I was even an adult can get pretty autistic, but I can't get rid of it because I want a perpetual reminder of my younger mindsets, stupid priorities, etc.
IrfanView is good for browsing renaming and I do a couple of images from time to time, it slowly gets more organized with time.

I feel you on old stuff. I was going to post this one in "last image you saved" in two weeks when it becomes old enough to drink.
prytlar.JPG

Coelacanth

Your local living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
I have too many to count. The one I'm dedicating most of my time to is Housebound, but I have a few other things I work on from time to time when it comes to writing, drawing, etc.

OneMillionRPM

that's a lot of bullets
kiwifarms.net
Some project I started a couple weeks ago, an attempt at making a family tree of the internet based on which communities descended from which. So you could say 4chan descended from SA, most small English chans descended from 4chan, Resetera descended from Neogaf, etc. The goal is to trace every site's lineage further and further back until you're not even looking at the internet/BBSes anymore.

Tags
None