Your most favorite game(s) of all time.

Naamaleipuri

Has ugly pecs that creep everybody out
kiwifarms.net
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance - My favourite metal gear. The VR missions were addicting and there were a lot of them, my friends and I used to compete who got the best score.

Dark Chronicle/Dark Cloud 2 - Extremely fun dungeon crawling with light roguelike elements and an addicting weapon based character progression.

Wild Arms 3 - Probably the best JRPG on the PS2. Takes every single cliche in the book and stomps on them.

Demon's Souls - It rekindled my passion for games that punish you for mistakes and don't constantly hold your hand.

Heroes of Might & Magic 3 - I wasted dozens of weekends playing hot seat with my friends.

Vagrant Story - My favourite PS1 title. Hard as nails, but damn satisfying.

dabluearmedbandit

Babies for Breakfast Babies for Dinner
kiwifarms.net
:jacewtf:Probably Xenonauts, or Rome Total War. What can I say, I like being the COMMANDER

MurcDusen

kiwifarms.net
O.D.T. - Escape or Die Trying: A rather obscure action-adventure that came out for PC, PSX and N64. It's pretty hard and unforgiving, but has some really awesome level and enemy design and an excellent soundtrack.

Pathologic:
The less you know about this game before playing it, the better. Though this game has some pretty serious, mainly technical flaws and a pretty bad translation - something that will hopefully get adressed in the upcoming remake.

Cossacks - Back to War: Just simply my all-time favourite RTS out there, because it actually managed to pull off an economy system with undepletable ressources and a practically non-existant population limit - this game is for people that think SupCom's scale was too small, it's economy too simple and it's gameplay too close to StarCraft.

Homeworld 2 (and probably Remastered which comes out today on Steam): Close rival to Cossacks for my favourite RTS (but only because of the Complex Mod really).

Broken Helix: Another obscure PSX action-adventure, featuring Bruce Campbell, real-time dependant gameply in Area 51, 4 different paths through the game and a fucking button to switch your characters mood into ass-kicking mode.

Lethal Skies: Ace Combat's nerdy brother, striking just the right balance between simulation and arcade (man I really gotta get the second one at some point...).

Darkest Hour: Europe '44-'45/Red Orchestra: Just pretty much the most realistic platoon level WW2 FPS out there, featuring slow-paced tactical combat, combined arms and tank warfare with a huge variety of vehicles and great moddability and customization.

System Shock 2
Fallout 1,2, NV
Mafia 1&2
Legacy of Kain series
Wipeout 1,2&3
Armoured Core series
Evil Genius
Dungeon Keeper 2
OpenRA
Anachronox
Death to Spies series

StallChaser

Wolf-Souled Individual
kiwifarms.net
Valkyrie Profile 2: Probably the best graphics on the PS2, and I love the battle system.

Tales of Graces F: I love the tales series in general, and this one is my favorite.

Dragon's Dogma: Combines action, RPG, and Shadow of the Colossus style climbing on giant monsters for pure awesomeness.

100 Whole Bepis

Guaranteed Eternal Sanctuary Man
kiwifarms.net
Mother 3: Holy shit. Just... holy shit. Talk about an emotional experience. Finishing this game was such a ride I was stunned silent for fifteen minutes. From beginning to end it's probably the best example of how to play to emotions using a video game format. The entire series is brilliant, but Mother 3 takes it to a whole new level. (Really the whole series is here, but Mother 3 gets the mention)

Silent Hill 2: Yeah, it's been brought up in this thread a lot, for good reason. I can't really think of anything to add. Everyone's already said it. Honourable mention from the series goes to Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Sure it may not be scary, but god DAMN that story and psych profiling.

Super Metroid: If I had to tell someone what I thought was objectively the best game of all time, I'd probably point to this. I can name a million things wrong with all of the other games in my favourites, but I seriously can't think of a significant flaw in this game. Controls are tight, atmosphere and art direction are fantastic, everything feels balanced and just plain fun. I could replay this game forever. (the only reason Metroid Prime isn't here is that thanks to my motion sickness I can't play more than 15 minutes of Prime at a time. It's a shame. I love it, too)

Pokemon: It's true. I've been playing Pokemon ever since it landed on Western shores and I'm still not sick of it. I could probably replay any given Pokemon game forever because I love the little bastards so much, all of them. Though if I had to choose a favourite generation it would be 5 or 6.

Sonic Adventure: Yeah, yeah, it's a Sonic game. But out of the entire franchise, I think I enjoy this one the most, even though it's not technically the best. This was the last Sonic game to really feel like the classics until Colors/Generations while bringing its own innovations, and the Adventure stages made it feel surprisingly immersive. I could replay this game a hundred times.

Team Fortress 2: For both sentimental reasons and because it's an awesome and fun FPS in general. It's thanks to this game that I met my spouse. What isn't to love? The gameplay is fun, the stories and characters are fucking hilarious, and everything about it is great.

Honourable Mentions: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Spore, Minecraft, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/Wind Waker, Super Mario RPG, Mega Man 2. I'm probably forgetting some but that's what I can think of right now.

Dalish

jewess bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
  • Arkham Asylum. For a re-introduction of Batman into the vidya, this game was near perfect. I loved the actual detective feel of the game. The combat was lacking, but the Riddler challenges made up the difference. This was the first game I really played on my own outside of FPS.
  • TES: Skyrim. I agree that the plot lines were lacking in some places, but the sheer volume of the game and the beauty of it is fucking ridiculous for a 360 game. Dragons.
  • LA Noire. I love the period and I love detective games. Similarly to Skyrim, the intricate detail of the game really gets me every time.
  • Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. The introduction of seafaring and raids made the game way more interesting than any other AC game. I actually cared about the plot and the characters and started fucking crying at the end like a babby.
  • Saints Row IV. Lol dildo bats.

The Phantom on the Hill

"Angel of Music"
kiwifarms.net
Sonic Adventure (1&2) simply because of nostalgia and awesome gameplay.

Sonic Generations is another one of my all time favorite games as it recaptures the spirit of a true 3D Sonic game.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles (last Sonic game on this list, I promise! XD ) is simply the best 2D Sonic game as it is filled with what makes Sonic great: Speed, platforming, and exploration.

Skyrim is a true gem of a western RPG. There are plenty of things to do in the game and a plethora of places to explore. Plus, it's just to satisfying to shout goats off of mountains.

Fallout 3 is also a superb RPG. It's essentially Skyrim with guns, and I love it.

Lastly, Shenmue is a game that there are no words to accurately describe it's greatness. It's something that you must experience for yourself.

Quijibo69

Da Merge
kiwifarms.net
Silent hill 1,2 and 3: They went down hill after the fourth one. I hated Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, It feels like the only thing your doing in the game is running or unlocking a door!

Sonic on the Sega Genesis: I liked the sonic 2 the best and I know it almost by heart.

The Half- Life Series, Portal 1 and 2, Sants Row Series and Super Mario 1 and 3 on the NES.

Atsimuel

Set over those who 'sperg
kiwifarms.net
Planescape: Torment- There isn't really anything I can say about this. I love it. So much. The gameplay is a bit wonky at times, especially the combat mechanics (Seriously, fuck whoever designed Curst prison), but come on, you're not going to be playing it for those things.

Shadow of the Colossus- Both stunningly beautiful and balls-out fun.
I totally didn't cry when Agro fell from the bridge, and there's nothing you can do to prove otherwise. I also didn't cry when she turned out to have survived. So there.

Spec Ops: The Line- Anti-war without necessarily being anti-soldier. Made me realize that having the best intentions is nowhere near enough when dealing with a problem. Also that I'm probably not someone who should be allowed access to firearms. Hooray for England's gun laws.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask-
I've never understood why Ocarina of Time tends to be held up as a shining example of the series over this. It gave me recurrent nightmares of impending apocalypse and giant faces in the sky for months. And that's a good thing.

The Thief Trilogy- A perfect example of how a trilogy is supposed to work; first you examine one side of a theme, then the other, and then you deconstruct the whole thing and tie it all up into bookends. Weirdly, a great deal of my attitude to politics and social movements comes from these games, namely that becoming partisan in anything can be dangerous.

The Cat Lady- For someone who's dealt with depression, this hit me right in the feels. It's incredibly bleak in aesthetic, but is ultimately rather uplifting in outlook. Also passes the Bechdel Test with flying colours, if that's important to you.

Honourable Mentions- LoZ: Wind Waker (Nearly as good as MM), Bastion, Blood, Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened (Holmes and Cthulhu, fuckin' A), Okami, Forbidden Siren, La Mulana, Painkiller, Broken Sword, Gabriel Knight, Betrayer (Quite new and under the radar), Dark Souls.

The Other Chandler

kiwifarms.net
Going by hours played it has to be World of Warcraft. I don't play it anymore, but I've sunk more hours into it then my next 10 most played games combined.

Not counting WoW this would probably be my short list.
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario 64
  • Pokemon Gold/Silver
  • Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • Rome: Total War
  • Fallout 3
  • Portal 2
  • Telltale's The Walking Dead

Last edited:

Broder Daniel

And the bear
kiwifarms.net
Super Smash Bros. Melee is my favorite game of all time, gameplay wise. It's really competitive and I love it.
EarthBound is one of my favorite game when it comes to atmosphere and easy going RPG's
Majoras Mask and Ocarina of Time are tied for my favorite game to play through a few times per year.

galact0r

Master of the Dark Arts
kiwifarms.net
6112-3-interstate-76.jpg

Interstate '76

Because customising muscle cars by sticking massive guns to the roof was fun. I've played other vehicular combat games, but they just aren't as good. *sigh*

Pandas Galore

Garbage
kiwifarms.net
Journey - If you haven't played it, find a PS3 with an Internet connection. My first time through was one of the most emotional experiences I've had with games.

Ratchet and Clank - I can't pick a favorite of these but I can narrow it down to Crack in Time or Up Your Arsenal. Inventive weapons, funny universe, excited for the movie in 2015.

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - Before the series got edgy (don't get me wrong I love Jak 3 too), it was a fun, creative platformer with eco powers. Nice humor, cliffhanger ending sucked, but definitely my favorite platformer.

Starcraft II - I hit Masters rank 16.... that game consumed me for a whole 2 years. It's good but.... I mean it showed me PC gaming.

spaps

I'LL FUCK YOU OFF AT NO COST
kiwifarms.net
I guess I'd say Serious Sam, Postal 2, and Doom, but I'm constantly playing new games so my favorites aren't set in stone.

EDIT: Oh fuck me, I've already posted in this thread about the same games. Sorry, it's been a while.

Last edited:

meatslab

Magical, pansexual, non-threatening spokesthing
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Paper Mario for the N64.

Doctor Tracksuit

You can't beat 100 percent
kiwifarms.net
It's hard to pick favorites, but these are games I'll always go back to.
  • PC - Diablo II
  • SNES - Super Mario World
  • PS1 - Suikoden II/ FF Tactics
  • PS2 - Metal Gear Solid 2
  • PS3 - MGS4
  • X360 - Lost Odyssey/ Tales of Vesperia/ Fallout 3
  • PSP - Crisis Core
  • GC - Tales of Symphonia

exball

He's fat! Iiiiii'm thin!
kiwifarms.net
Dawn of War is one of my favorite series. I thought the gameplay was fantastic and I've poured hours into the series. A lot of people thought the writing was bad but it was one of my favorite parts. Soulstorm was a literal abortion though.

I unironically like this dialogue.