Your most favorite game(s) of all time.

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Looking back at other games I played, I may as well count System Shock 2. Before Bio-Shock took the "Shock" name in it's title, System Shock 2 had more in that you could customize your character, first choosing of service (determines your stats) and then upgrading them. The atmosphere gave a sense of oppression since you always had some sort of infected individual coming at you, be it a guy with a worm in his head or a spider that used to be a human. If one loves playing FPS games, I like to suggest System Shock 2.

Blueberry

BO$$ BITCH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Half Life 2
Mass Effect 2
Final Fantasy 7
Batman Arkham City
Bioshock Infinite
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Infamous Second Son
Battlefield 4
Bayonetta
Shadow of the Colossus
No More Heroes
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Sim City (SNES)
Chrono Trigger
GTA V
Resident Evil 2
Super Mario World

Holdek

Down to where? All that is down is only the floor.
kiwifarms.net
Super Mario Bros. 3 and The Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past are my top favorites. They took the two greatest franchises in gaming ever and opened up their worlds with the Super NES' technology.

Last edited:

Abethedemon

Trve and Honest
kiwifarms.net
Super Mario Bros. 3 and The Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past are my top favorites. They took the two greatest franchises in gaming ever and opened up their worlds with the Super NES' technology.
Hate to break it to ya, but SMB3 is NES. Do you mean Super Mario World?

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh shit, you're right! But no, Mario 3 is what I meant. That it was on NES makes it all the more impressive, actually.
And on a technical note, SMB 3 did get on to the SNES via Super Mario All-Stars.

ZehnBoat

Jan. 6 Moment
kiwifarms.net
let's see..
a link to the past
GTA 2, SA, 5
yoshi's island
tetris (I have the gb version, tons of fun)
kirby's super star
downhill domination
soul caliber 2 through whatever the newest one i have is
off
yumi nikki
space funeral
metal gear solid 1
bioshock 1
trackmania 2 stadium
the stanley parable
braid
antichamber
team fortress 2
portal 1-2
left 4 dead 1-2
half life 1-2, ep.1-2
the binding of isaac (org. and remake)
super meat boy
the typing of the dead: overkill
scribblenauts unlimited
moonbase alpha
hyperprincess pitch
iji
windowsill
rollercoaster tycoon 2-3 (i prefer 2 though)
the sims 1,2,3

Mourning Dove

Zenaida macroura
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Off the top of my head...

The Legend of Zelda series, especially Majora's Mask. I just like to explore everything and find new secrets and things. I especially like Majora's Mask for its darker plot and the use of time and masks.

Yume Nikki. It introduced me to the wonders of indie games. I especially like this game because surrealism, mental illness, and ambiguity appear to be such big themes of this game. The less the creator says about this game, the more people wonder about its meaning. And people do wonder about it a LOT.

Hatoful Boyfriend. It feeds into my ornithology (bird) obsession. And it has surprisingly excellent plot and characterization to boot. I don't usually like dating sims, but this is the exception.

tsumugi

pussy destroyer
kiwifarms.net
can i say the zelda series as a whole?? my top faves are majora's mask and wind waker, i guess. non-zelda wise i love okami, kirby's epic yarn, harvest moon: another wonderful life, pokemon mystery dungeon: explorers of darkness/time, animal crossing: new leaf, kingdom hearts and super mario world. there's probably more but i can't remember at the moment.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I forgot to add Blood to my list; after downloading and playing it again I realized that nothing beats exploding enemies by throwing dynamite in their face and eating their hearts.
One can also like the things Caleb says such as "Better than Kool-Aid". It helps that his voice also gives the vibe of a grim character that isn't some edge-lord.

Abethedemon

Trve and Honest
kiwifarms.net
Call me a weeb for this, but I really like Sieken-Densetsu 3. I like the concept a tad more than the execution though.

Lucky Wildcard

Hollow shell
kiwifarms.net
Too many to list, so I'll throw out a few titles for the moment:

Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
No More Heroes
Risk of Rain
Battle Circuit (An obscure Capcom beat-em up that never came out in America)
Streets of Rage Remake
U.N. Squadron (SNES)
Turtles in Time (Arcade version only)
Alien vs. Predator (Arcade)

Blueberry

BO$$ BITCH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Too many to list, so I'll throw out a few titles for the moment:

Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
No More Heroes
Risk of Rain
Battle Circuit (An obscure Capcom beat-em up that never came out in America)
Streets of Rage Remake
U.N. Squadron (SNES)
Turtles in Time (Arcade version only)
Alien vs. Predator (Arcade)

I remember back when I was 13 me and my friend both brought 10 bucks to the arcade to specifically beat Aliens vs Predator. And we did. Such a gem.

Blindrainbow

kiwifarms.net
I could only narrow down to two choices and that would be; Mother 3 being the first game that kind of made emotion over a video game and Mario sunshine for just being so damn fun with it wonderful topical island charm.

DirkBloodStormKing

Actual Lesbian Female
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like the following games:
  • Team Fortress 2 (current fave)
  • Bomberman series (especially Generation and Super Bomberman 4)
  • Marvel vs Capcom Series
  • Super Smash Brothers Series
  • Mario Kart
  • Hell, the Mario Franchise
  • Final Fantasy IV
  • Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing (yes, I actually like this game a lot)
  • Adventure Capitalist (that shit is fucking addicting as hell)
  • Guitar Hero
  • Dance Dance Revolution
I might not have the "best" taste in games per say, but I do like these games a lot

Red

I screwed up my future by becoming a lolcow.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Shadow of the motherfucking Colossus. Best game I've played. It's flawed, sure, but I love everything about it and it's definitely the most breathtaking and atmospheric game I know. The story is simple yet powerful, and the attention to detail is amazing.

Second would be Transistor. Not as powerful or overwhelming as SotC, sure, but something about it just strikes a chord with me. If I were more autistic I'd probably call myself a Redkin or something. Seriously, it just hits the most autistic part of my heart and sticks. I've replayed it three times so far.

Blueberry

BO$$ BITCH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Shadow of the motherfucking Colossus. Best game I've played. It's flawed, sure, but I love everything about it and it's definitely the most breathtaking and atmospheric game I know. The story is simple yet powerful, and the attention to detail is amazing.

Second would be Transistor. Not as powerful or overwhelming as SotC, sure, but something about it just strikes a chord with me. If I were more autistic I'd probably call myself a Redkin or something. Seriously, it just hits the most autistic part of my heart and sticks. I've replayed it three times so far.

Shadow of the Colossus is a very fun game in terms of exploration. One thing that is over looked is the anticipation of finding the next Colossi. Partial performing, horse riding, and overall fun exploration adds to the effect when you finally stumble upon your prey, only to stop and say "Holy shit...there it is!"

Red

I screwed up my future by becoming a lolcow.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Shadow of the Colossus is a very fun game in terms of exploration. One thing that is over looked is the anticipation of finding the next Colossi. Partial performing, horse riding, and overall fun exploration adds to the effect when you finally stumble upon your prey, only to stop and say "Holy shit...there it is!"
I had a very different experience. I knew I had to continue killing the Colossi, but I always held a lot of guilt doing so. Especially after Avion, the first truly passive colossus, I was always very hesitant in finding my next opponent. I felt excitement at first, sure, but as I was pulled deeper into the game's atmosphere my attitude became "I just killed something beautiful."
Also, Agro, man. Not only was his behavior amazing (crying when you get hurt and trying to help you if you treat him kindly, but if you hit him or drive him into danger he'll become afraid of you) but his part in the story, man. I totally fuckin' cried like a bitch.

... It appears I'm partial to games with bittersweet endings. :heart-empty: