Your most favorite game(s) of all time.

IHeardThatCurtis

Blob...I'm Already A Demon.
kiwifarms.net
Nice to see another Skullgirls player on here. :biggrin:

20140714131125!Peacock_Taunt.png

_bigs_fedora____skullgirls_by_manologod2-d7x8tmf.png

It's also good to see other Skullgirls players here besides me.

So I guess I will tell some of my favourite games.

• Skullgirls
  • Half Life 1
  • Doom 2
  • House Of The Dead 1 and 2
  • MGS3
  • Pokemon Gold
  • Postal 2
  • Fallout 3 and Fallout 1
  • Deadly Premonition
  • KOF 2002 Ultimate Match
  • Portal 1
Honourable Mentions
  • Mario 3
  • Final Fantasy 4
  • Mother 2/Earthbound
  • Crazy Taxi
  • Ride To Hell Retribution
  • Half Life Opposing Force
  • Borderlands 1

Funnybone

Needs her password stapled to her forehead
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
- Every single god damn Donkey Kong Country game. Even the new ones ((but especially the old ones))
- The World Ends With You
- Luigi's Mansion
- Ocarina of Time (I have to beat it twice a year. I've been doing this since 2000. I don't care which port, but I have to beat it and experience it. it's fucking crack)
- Mario 64
- Star Wars: shadows of the empire
- Pokemon Crystal
- Bully
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Sonic CD (yeah yeah I'm autistic)
- Sonic Advance 3 (autism x2)
- LittleBigPlanet 1+2 (so autistic)
- Metal Slug (old arcade ones hnnng)
- Diablo 2
- Yoot Tower
- Sim City 2000
- The entire Myst series
- Manhole Masterpiece Edition
- Mario Sunshine
- Mario Golf (gameboy version I love it so much)
- Mario Tennis: Power Tour (I love handheld Mario sports games fuckin sue me)
- Super Mario Land
- Knights of the Old Republic (1+2)
- Trauma Center: Under The Knife

and some more garbage

Last edited:

ViolentGiant

I'm an alligator, I'm a mama-papa comin' for you.
kiwifarms.net
My favorite game of all time is Pathologic. It's the only game that's ever evoked visceral emotion in me.

The original, not the remake.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Planescape: Torment
American McGee's Alice
The Longest Journey
Diablo
Abuse
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Sanitarium
Woodruff and The Schnibble of Azimuth (and all the Gobliiins games for that matter)
World of Goo
This War of Mine
Abomination
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
Shovel Knight
Shadow of The Beast 3
Sheep
Guacamelee
Double Dragon Neon
Commander Keen series
The Lion King
Earthworm Jim 1-2
MDK 1-2
Oddworld: Abe's Oddyssey\Exoddus
Mortal Kombat II
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Earthbound\Mother 3
Chrono Trigger
Terranigma
Any Capcom fighting game involving Marvel characters
Skullgirls
Final Fantasy VI\VII\VIII
Monkey Island series
Leisure Suit Larry (before the awful reboots)
Imperium Galactica II
Wizardry VIII
Worms\2\Armageddon\World Party
Killer Instinct 2013 (even though I've barely had the chance to play with it)

ATM

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Skies of Arcadia
Yakuza 4
Metal Max Returns
KOTOR
Illusion of Time
Age of Empires 2
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Valkyria Chronicles
Project Mirai 2
Mega Man 3
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
Final Fantasy XII
R-Type Final

I like a lot of games but these are special ones, the ones that offer such a satisfying experience that I'm obliged to replay them at least once every couple of years.

Last edited:

Obnoxion

Pocket spaghetti monster
kiwifarms.net
The first Gothic has consistently been my favourite game for years now. It was an incredibly immersive action RPG for its time with fully voiced dialogues, daily NPC routines, music that provided great background ambience, and a world just fleshed-out enough that you felt like there was something bigger going on beyond the prison you are thrown in at the start of the game. It's just great all-around.

I also have a special connection with that game. I dipped my toes into modding it. I've sunk countless hours into discussing the game on the internet over the course of all these years since I first played it and met some interesting people who I would later talk to and drink with in person. So I might be biased.

And speaking of special... World of Warcraft might be a close second on my favourites list. I know it's just a soul-sucking grindfest, but the people I've talked to, the rich lore of the Warcraft franchise, the intense, almost cartoonish atmosphere of some of the areas of the game... Actually, forget the people part. Azeroth and beyond was just too fun to explore. I would go sightseeing again anyday, if the entry ticket weren't so expensive.

I think I should also add Super Hexagon to the list, just to throw off the people reading it. It's such a small, minimalistic, oddly psychedelic action game. You can move left and right and you have to dodge incoming obstacles. That's it. The game can be all cleared in under seven minutes (the game sets you a goal in lasting over a minute in each of the six difficulty modes and rewards you with achievements and a "game completed" ending cinematic if you manage it). It took me eighteen hours to complete.

Thes game is weirdly elegant in its simple design. It reminds me of Tetris - there is no violence, only some basic rules, and no real end goal, just a game over condition. Super Hexagon slightly increases in difficulty over time, then plateaus and becomes a test of focus and endurance as you try to beat your high score. I stopped seriously playing it two or three years ago, but I have these recurring cravings for more... SH is really lightweight and takes literal seconds to get up and running again. At the plateau, the music slows down to a crawl, the colors tune out completely and before I know it, I find myself in a dark room, dodging white walls infinitely. It's like a flow/sensory deprivation simulator. You need to tune everything out in order to survive a long time. I feel like it left an insatiable, gaping void somewhere in my head I can never seem to fill. It's hard to explain. Everything disappears. And find yourself seeking to return to that state again and again.

As far as more recent games go, I finished Spec Ops: The Line about a week ago, and it had an incredibly engaging story that I couldn't stop thinking about for a few days (as well as a really good soundtrack made up of tracks not originally designed to be featured in the game).

Roger Rabbit

A rabbit who should die
kiwifarms.net
My favorite games are as follows:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Epic Mickey
Team Fortress 2
This Mario baseball game for Gamecube
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Legend of Zelda The Minish Cap
Any and all games starring Sam & Max.

L

LN 910

kiwifarms.net
I noticed a lack of a thread like this when browsing through the search, so here it is. Just list your favourites, in any order, in any quantity.

I can only think of about six rn:
  • Splatterhouse 3
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
  • Bully AKA Canis Canem Edit
  • Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony
  • Portal
Lots of Rockstar entries, I know, but they really do make the best story/gameplay experiences. A lot of the competition (Just Cause, most of Saints Row, Mafia, etc.) just isn't very good. I also like cowboys, so they have that going for them too.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
I noticed a lack of a thread like this when browsing through the search, so here it is. Just list your favourites, in any order, in any quantity.

I can only think of about six rn:
  • Splatterhouse 3
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
  • Bully AKA Canis Canem Edit
  • Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony
  • Portal
Lots of Rockstar entries, I know, but they really do make the best story/gameplay experiences. A lot of the competition (Just Cause, most of Saints Row, Mafia, etc.) just isn't very good. I also like cowboys, so they have that going for them too.

I'm currently going though Bully for the third time after just recently 100%-ing it. It's by no means a flawless game, but there's just something incredibly enticing about it. Whether you're plowing thought missions or just roaming around discovering stuff it's always a blast.

A

AZ 594

kiwifarms.net
I fucking adore Okami, there was a special feeling I got the first time I played it that was almost like wonder. Honestly I hadn't felt that playing a video game since I first started playing the NES when I was like 6

It is such a beautiful game, makes me want to try the HD version.

Some of my favorites in no particular order:

Fallout New Vegas
Deus Ex
Yume Nikki
La Mulana
Nier Automata
Postal 2
Psychonauts
Command and Conquer: Red Alert
Metal Gear Solid 3
Donkey Kong Country

Zaragoza

Love Saw It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Duke Nukem 3D/Shadow Warrior/Blood
Fallout 1/2
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45
Crusader Kings II
Mount and Blade Warband
Vice City
Deus Ex 1
Halo 2/3
Unreal Tournament 1
FEAR
SMT Nocturne
Digital Devil Sagas
FF9
Dragon's Quest 8

Darkest Hour: Europe '44-'45/Red Orchestra: Just pretty much the most realistic platoon level WW2 FPS out there, featuring slow-paced tactical combat, combined arms and tank warfare with a huge variety of vehicles and great moddability and customization.
Good to see I ain't the only one that appreciates the first Red Orchestra, the slow pace combat and huge emphasis on combined arms is really something that future RO games are lacking.

I forgot to add Blood to my list; after downloading and playing it again I realized that nothing beats exploding enemies by throwing dynamite in their face and eating their hearts.

One can also like the things Caleb says such as "Better than Kool-Aid". It helps that his voice also gives the vibe of a grim character that isn't some edge-lord.
I love Caleb's voice, it's so soothing but menacing at the same time. It's a real shame not everybody knows about Blood and Caleb, a lot of people now would compare him to Reaper if he was ever reintroduced to the public.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Been a while since I last saw this thread. Might as well revise my list:

Shadow of the Colossus
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
Final Fantasy IX
SMT: Nocturne
Klonoa 1 and 2
ICO
MGS3
StarCraft 1 and Brood War
Fallout 1 and New Vegas
Spyro 1 and 2
Banjo Kazooie and Tooie
Left 4 Dead 1 and 2

gobbogobb

lol
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The original Bard's Tale. It's a shit game in retrospect but it's still one I can look back on fondly.

Fuck graph paper maps now though.

Chopinpiano

kiwifarms.net
Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+ and Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

I've done all those games both on LV1 and beat all optional bosses on LV1. Got the silver crown in KH2FM. KH2FM LV1 is hard as fuck, bosses will 1 shot you.

Black Waltz

sad soul
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I swear I've done something like this before. Oh well, might as well do this again.
In no particular order:
  • Final Fantasy IV-VII, IX, X
  • Original Halo trilogy, Reach
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Grand Theft Auto 4
  • Doom 1 and 4
  • Zelda Twilight Princess
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Persona 5
  • Nier Automata
  • Sonic 2, 3 and CD
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Kirby Super Star/Ultra
  • Earthbound
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • Fallout 3 and New Vegas
  • Batman Arkham City

American Lollinator Mace

Dykes! Dykes! PUSSY!!!
kiwifarms.net
Chrono Trigger: An obvious choice, but it deserves every accolade it gets.
Drakengard: An 'I am crabby and need to take out my crabbiness by MURDERING EVERYTHING IN MY PATH' game.
Final Fantasy VI: I've only recently started playing this, and the first few hours have catapulted it onto the list easily.
Final Fantasy VII: Yeah, part of this is nostalgia, since it was my first FF game, but certain aspects of the plot--particularly the backstories every party member gets--drew me in like nothing else I'd ever played at the time.
Final Fantasy X: The first Final Fantasy game I actually beat, and the first game I ever played that was fully voice-acted. The fact that the PS2 was really flexing its technological muscles impressed the hell out of younger me, the music was awesome, and the ending was incredibly poignant. ...Then FFX-2 happened. We do not talk about FFX-2.
Final Fantasy XII: A party with totally customizable roles? None of the playable characters make me want to strangle them? Side quests and nifty bosses aplenty? Yes, please.
Legend of Mana: You could be a guy or a girl, pick your own weapon to fit your play style, raise monster companions and generally have a sandbox to mess about in before they were called that. Plus you could fight dragons as early as the first dungeon.
Persona 2 (both): You can talk to your enemies and get cool stuff out of it--hell, sometimes your enemies talk to you! The fusion spells are awesome. Everyone in your party can use all the Personas, like the later games' main characters. The translations are much better in the PSP versions, though.
Persona 4: This one is where the Social Links introduced in P3 started coming into their own, since S.Linking with party members made them stronger/more useful in combat. Shadows--as in the repressed sides of people--made a comeback from the P2 games, which I liked.
Persona 5: A fusion (pardon the pun) of the bits I loved from P2 and P4--the talk mechanic is back, people's Shadows are still there, party member usefulness through S.Links/Confidants is expanded on, etc. Hell, all the Confidants give you some kind of benefit! Just a great game.
Vagrant Story: Has an evolving-weapon system (if you used a weapon to exclusively kill dragon-type enemies, it would become better and better against dragons, until you were able to just two- or three-shot even dragon-type bosses!), a legitimately tense atmosphere, and some of the best damn mindscrew and plot twists on the PS1.