Your personal music throwbacks -

Kacchan

Carbon-based lifeform
kiwifarms.net
What's that one type of music throwback you always end up going back to? We all have some type.

I personally like pop-punk from the 2000's. It's soulless, corporate crap usually, I know, but this was my shit in middle school. Got me into a lot of rock bands, most a lot better bands, from there.

ScamL Likely

IT'S! NOT! EVEN! HOT! OUT! SIDE~!
kiwifarms.net
I still enjoy 2edgy "alternative"/"experimental" metal bands that I almost exclusively listened to in high school like Mr. Bungle, Mushroomhead, Crotchduster, and Dog Fashion Disco despite branching out into other things over the years.

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Trip Hop, Turntablism and certain Hip Hop instrumentals.
Just gets my juices flowing, every time.

Also that kiss FM 80's 90's funk shit like Patti Labelle and Prince

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gonna break with my perennial black metal sperging and say Nu-metal, since that was the music I remember from when I was slowly turning from spastic child to spastic teen, and thus its good for the old nostalgia boner.

I wasnt even a fan of metal at the time, I just remember songs like these being everywhere for a time, and its interesting going back and listening through some of them after 15 years and after my musical tastes have developed a bit more so I have a better frame of comparison to both other genres of music and other subgenres of metal. Like, Im not one of those types to put on a reverse hipster hat and declare Nu Metal was all underrated masterpieces cruelly and unfairly abandoned by the music establishment, but I see why this subgenre led a lot of people to seek out other branches of metal once the Nu Metal well dried up

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Just Autistic Enough
kiwifarms.net
I like a lot of music, but I always find myself going back to metal, rock and roll, and people like Harry Chapin and John Prine.
Basically, whatever records my dad has in the boxes of vinyl he let me have.
Examples:

Slappy McGherkin

Bartender? Make that a double.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Although I'm kind of all over the place music-wise, I tend to go back to my 70's hippie roots. Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, Eric Burdon and WAR, some mellow James Taylor, CCR, Marshall Tucker, Doors, early Stones, etc. There was so much good music in that era, much of it standing the test of time to today.

I cringe whenever I hear "BOOM-BOOM Nigga Nigga Nigga" rap shit going down the street. Sorry, that's not music.

Yeah, I know... OK Boomer :drink::drink::drink:

Last edited:

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Basically any album by i have autism plz laugh at me is like a comfy sweater.

LazyLizard

It's not gay if you wear a condom
kiwifarms.net
i wouldn't call it a genre but i enjoy listening to music from MMO's i used to play. helps me relax and remember better times, back when the world didn't seem so fucked up

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino