YouTube investigating conservative commentator Steven Crowder - Holy Shit. National News.

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

The Pink Panther

The Nigga Panther
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

YouTube is investigating conservative commentator Steven Crowder after Vox host Carlos Maza accused him of harassment and making derogatory comments about his ethnicity and sexuality.
YouTube responded to Maza's tweet thread detailing his allegations, saying that it was "looking into it further."
The company also confirmed to The Hill that it was investigating in response to Maza's thread, but declined to comment further.
Maza, the host of Vox's media literacy series "Strikethrough," accused Crowder on Twitter this week of "repeated, overt attacks on my sexual orientation and ethnicity." He said that the pundit has called him "an anchor baby" and "a lispy queer." He also said that Crowder's videos have caused him to be the "target of ridiculous harassment," adding that "it makes life sort of miserable."
The Vox host told his followers to flag Crowder's videos and said he did not believe YouTube would take a stand against the commentator. He accused the company of not caring about its LGBT creators.
Crowder posted a video to YouTube on Friday responding to the investigation and Maza's allegations. He framed the events as an attack by Vox on a successful competitor, claiming that Vox "can’t compete" with his channel.
"I’m really hoping that YouTube doesn’t capitulate to a multihundred-million-dollar corporation who've had a long history of advocating corporate censorship," he said. "I’m hoping YouTube doesn’t cave simply because of political and huge financial pressure."
"This is not really an example of hate speech or even just offensive speech versus a self-proclaimed queer creator," he added. "This is an example of a giant, multinational media conglomeration ... attempting to squash a competitor."
Crowder also defended past comments he made about Maza, saying his references to Maza as "the gay Latino host at Vox" was "friendly ribbing" and noting that Maza often refers to himself as gay or queer. He also said he has discouraged doxxing or other targeted harassment online.
"You speak with a lisp, and you refer to yourself as a queer," he said. "That, along with the LGBTQ moniker, has genuinely made me think that 'queer' is one of the more suitable terms. If not, I don't understand the rulebook."
Crowder has posted several "rebuttal" videos in response to videos created by Maza for Vox.
The Hill has reached out to YouTube for comment.

Here's Crowder's two responses, the second of which was made tonight:

DogEatDogFood

Tfw no clever custom title
kiwifarms.net
Shitty Internet clickbait media shithole that shills for woke politicians vs exceptional conservative commentator that has no understanding of politics outside muh left. This is gonna be fun

But seriously, being deplattformed because some autistic male feminist can't take your opinion really sucks. Even if I don't agree with his opinions.

Last edited:

DogEatDogFood

Tfw no clever custom title
kiwifarms.net
i once had a "louder with crowder" video in my recommendations on yt and actually clicked it. i couldn't stand it, the guy was just super obnoxious and annoying. closed it within a few minutes.
Crowder has pretty limited understanding of everything outside of his social-conservative christian view. When he tried to argue against global warming, Potholer54 (a user that I consider to be the last rational skeptic from the 2010's Youtube era) debunked him pretty easily using actual scientific data. So yeah, don't expect good political analysis from him; these kinda of people are not really that good outside of their conservative hugbox.

Rikka Takarada 2

You only like me for my thighs
kiwifarms.net
"You speak with a lisp, and you refer to yourself as a queer," he said. "That, along with the LGBTQ moniker, has genuinely made me think that 'queer' is one of the more suitable terms. If not, I don't understand the rulebook."

And therein lies the insanity of it all. Then again, with the antitrust stuff going on, maybe YouTube will have to at least pretend to be reasonable for a while...

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
Shitty Internet clickbait media shithole that shills for woke politicians vs exceptional conservative commentator that has no understanding of politics outside muh left. This is gonna be fun

But seriously, being deplattformed because some autistic male feminist can't take your opinion really sucks. Even if I don't agree with his opinions.

And I won't be surprised if Carlos Maza, the male feminist who want to punish Crowder, might have some skeletons in his closet.

Chichan

kiwifarms.net
Why is he apologizing? It will only become worse for him they want his blood not a sniveling desperate apology. He could host his own website and have his shows on there considering youtube demonetizes him frequently. He could send a twitter post out to all of his boomer/millennial fans that his videos will be hosted on his own personal website or use bitchute instead. He could use gab he's on good terms with Torba ffs.
Edit: My bad for not watching the video. The part that made me think it was sincere was the look on his face on the front he kinda looked like a kicked puppy that's why I assumed it was a groveling apology. @ButterBar Thank you for telling me that otherwise I would have stayed with my previous assumption.

Last edited:

ButterBar

kiwifarms.net
Why is he apologizing? It will only become worse for him they want his blood not a sniveling desperate apology. He could host his own website and have his shows on there considering youtube demonetizes him frequently. He could send a twitter post out to all of his boomer/millennial fans that his videos will be hosted on his own personal website or use bitchute instead. He could use gab he's on good terms with Torba ffs.
The apology is a joke tour to roast everything and everyone he ever made fun of a second time. Its shit like "I apologize to aquatic mammals for comparing them to Tess Holiday."

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I really dislike Crowder, however he's one of the few clearly conservative with a massive following on youtube and (imo) it would be set a very "problematic" precedent if they end up banning him.

He's obnoxious but what rules has he violated? He's not woke?

And I won't be surprised if Carlos Maza, the male feminist who want to punish Crowder, might have some skeletons in his closet.

They should be dragged out kicking and screaming.