Youtube offering free movies - Thanks, Google

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Idiotron

The last sane person on Earth
kiwifarms.net
I'm sure many of you know that you can now rent and buy movies on Youtube.
Recently however, Youtube decided to make a ton of them free to watch.
In these troubled times, I think it's nice of them to offer some distraction.
It's not even public domain movies or cheap shit but stuff like this (you have to go directly to Youtube because the ones I've chosen are age restricted... or maybe all of them are):
Terminator (1984)
Stargate (1994)
Ghost in the Shell (1996)
Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993)
Rain Man (1988 )
Phonebooth (2002)

Check out the suggested videos on the ones I've posted, there are a lot more.
It says "free with ads" but I'm not getting a single ad on these even without adblock.

That is all, I just wanted to share some free entertainment with everyone.

Quantum Diabetes

Here we are face to face a couple of silver spoons
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm sure many of you know that you can now rent and buy movies on Youtube.
Recently however, Youtube decided to make a ton of them free to watch.
In these troubled times, I think it's nice of them to offer some distraction.
It's not even public domain movies or cheap shit but stuff like this (you have to go directly to Youtube because the ones I've chosen are age restricted... or maybe all of them are):
Terminator (1984)
Stargate (1994)
Ghost in the Shell (1996)
Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993)
Rain Man (1988 )
Phonebooth (2002)

Check out the suggested videos on the ones I've posted, there are a lot more.
It says "free with ads" but I'm not getting a single ad on these even without adblock.

That is all, I just wanted to share some free entertainment with everyone.
Robin Hood: men in tights is the only movie I ever walked out on and demanded a refund. I'm still kind of pissed off, actually.

MerriedxReldnahc

#1 Wogglebug Fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've noticed more and more of the free movies and I'm really excited, I watch tons of things via YT but they have a tendency to disappear after a while.
Very excited to find Pumping Iron, to motivate me for more #gains
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Night of the Comet
Invasion of the Body Snachers

I will definitely be watching Terminator soon, I'm pretty sure I've never seen it but have just absorbed knowledge of certain things through pop culture knowledge.

In the buy or rent section they've got some of Hammer's Dracula movies (some that I don't think Netflix has!) and I also found Fantastic Planet, Fire and Ice, Titan AE, and Heavy Metal 2000 so that's pretty fuckin radical.

Rusty Crab

cowboy hats are crab hats
kiwifarms.net
anybody know how to bypass age restrictions without an account?
makes youtube-dl not work

Vyse Inglebard

We fight against Valua so they can't hurt people.
kiwifarms.net
The Virgin YouTube Leech vs the Chad Sailor of the High Seas

Seriously, how long are they gonna be "free" for? Definitely not forever. Better to have a free high quality copy you can watch again and again than to rely on YouTube's ever fluctuating library of "free" content.
I've noticed more and more of the free movies and I'm really excited, I watch tons of things via YT but they have a tendency to disappear after a while.
I rest my fucking case.

MerriedxReldnahc

#1 Wogglebug Fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Virgin YouTube Leech vs the Chad Sailor of the High Seas

Seriously, how long are they gonna be "free" for? Definitely not forever. Better to have a free high quality copy you can watch again and again than to rely on YouTube's ever fluctuating library of "free" content.

I rest my fucking case.
In my case it's usually some guy uploading cool old movies and Youtube being like "how dare you try to share hard to find media". But yeah, I'd be hesitant even to buy one of the things offered because how long will it be before they decide not to allow access anymore? That's why I prefer physical copies for all my favorite things.

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, there's a lot of free movies on YouTube that have been up there for years totally untouched despite their popularity and copyright status.

The original 1978 Dawn of the Dead is probably one of the more prolific examples out there with the Argento Zombi 1 cut, the Romero theatrical cut (taken from a VHS rip) and the "Extended Mall Hours" cut that fully incorporates all the footage from all the cuts being on there and easily available.

With Dawn, I think it's due to the fact that Richard Rubinstein is both stingy with the license AND is a total geezer who's literally older and more out of touch than a Boomer.

He knows to hold onto the licensing for physical media and Netflix streaming but since Dawn '78 isn't tied to a major studio, I don't think it's as fully recognized by the copyright bots like other films of similar renown.

The last time we saw a release for Dawn in North America was the Anchor Bay DVD edition released in 2004 when Universal paid a lot of money to license it from Rubinstein so they could promote the shitty Zack Snyder remake that year.

Another is Vampire Hunter D.

The 2001 Geneon dub gets taken down fairly often but the original Streamline dub from the 80's is still up there and with multiple cuts including the TBS cut and a Sci-Fi Channel airing of it from the late 90's complete with the commercials and promos.

I think the Geneon dub's audio might be in the copyright algorithms but the footage isn't. IIRC, didn't Funimation get the rights to most of the Geneon and ADV redubs of Streamline movies.

A Grey Cat

Meow
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, there's a lot of free movies on YouTube that have been up there for years totally untouched despite their popularity and copyright status.

The original 1978 Dawn of the Dead is probably one of the more prolific examples out there with the Argento Zombi 1 cut, the Romero theatrical cut (taken from a VHS rip) and the "Extended Mall Hours" cut that fully incorporates all the footage from all the cuts being on there and easily available.

With Dawn, I think it's due to the fact that Richard Rubinstein is both stingy with the license AND is a total geezer who's literally older and more out of touch than a Boomer.

He knows to hold onto the licensing for physical media and Netflix streaming but since Dawn '78 isn't tied to a major studio, I don't think it's as fully recognized by the copyright bots like other films of similar renown.

The last time we saw a release for Dawn in North America was the Anchor Bay DVD edition released in 2004 when Universal paid a lot of money to license it from Rubinstein so they could promote the shitty Zack Snyder remake that year.
hey not to go off topic but Snyder's dawn of the dead isn't THAT bad. If you look at it as separate from the original it's an ok zombie movie and at least its not another one of his superhero movies literally every one of Snyder's films after DOTD with the exception of sucker punch, has been a superhero or comic book movie. Still nice to know the original is so easy to watch on YouTube despite not being public domain like the first living dead movie is.

anyway back on topic, yeah these free movies are ok..but i really only use them as an absolute last resort and if I'm bored and don't wanna do anything else. plus there's two things that are utter bullshit with the "free to watch." One as some have pointed out there's no guarantee that a movies that's "for free" will stay free forever. The first two bill and ted movies were available for free for like three weeks, just so they could promote Face The Music and get people to see it to get the full story.

second and I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this yet but, sometimes a free version of a movie is the edited for tv version. The first species is available for free, but its the heavily edited tv-14 version, I think terminator was also the tv-14 version when it was first added.

Dysnomia

Sucka MC
kiwifarms.net
Very excited to find Pumping Iron, to motivate me for more #gains
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Night of the Comet
Invasion of the Body Snachers

I will definitely be watching Terminator soon, I'm pretty sure I've never seen it but have just absorbed knowledge of certain things through pop culture knowledge.

In the buy or rent section they've got some of Hammer's Dracula movies (some that I don't think Netflix has!) and I also found Fantastic Planet, Fire and Ice, Titan AE, and Heavy Metal 2000 so that's pretty fuckin radical.

Night of the Comet is a really weird and totally 80s post-apocalyptic movie. A comet turns people into zombies and two girls with big hair are trying to survive the chaos. I would love to double feature this with Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town.

Snuckening

Fulltime revolutionary. Drinks death like water.
kiwifarms.net
LazyTown.mp4 it is, then.
I don't know about age restrictions, but y2mate lets you download them ( just realised it only allows 360p download of Terminator- not sure why; usually Y2mate lets you download stuff full res). But this site is an easy way to download mp4 of most major release movies/tv, with no log-in or anything- pretty sure it has 90% of movies ITT. Or this site.

L50LasPak

We have all the time in the world.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This takes me back to the early years of watching obscure movies on the internet, when you could watch anything that wasn't an obvious mainstream release for free either in parts on Youtube or on something like Putlocker before it got eaten.

To be honest though I'm glad I made the jump to pirating my entire library since life is a lot easier now.

Rusty Crab

cowboy hats are crab hats
kiwifarms.net
I don't know about age restrictions, but y2mate lets you download them ( just realised it only allows 360p download of Terminator- not sure why;
Likely due to what's said above about DRM. It seems strange that they wouldn't DRM protect one of the resolutions, but I know youtube has a lot of fallbacks to allow videos to play on every device ever made, so that's likely it.