YouTubers talking about "not doing so well"

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Clearly, the government should subsidize YouTubers the way it does farmers.
Better, it should subsidize Kiwi Farmers. Having a group dedicated to pointing out retards has a better effect on society than 99.99% of youtubers.

On topic, the youtubers are the ones making free content, if they cannot use it to support themselves then they need to find other employment. However I can slightly sympathize with them, due to YouTube being a shit company that couldn't care less about the actual reason people watch it content and it's a defacto monopoly so there's no real alternative to use for their videos.

Mediocre

former disgruntled ralphamale
kiwifarms.net
It's because most of them are just generally retarded, the ones I despise the most are the ones involved in the beauty/fashion category, they all start off being themselves then after they gain 10,000 subscribers they all turn into sassy black women and start going "ohhh girllllllllllll this looks snatched!!" and start flaunting their Gucci crap.

Although I have an immense love for cows in the Beauty Parlrour category since it's full of women who haven't graduated out of the high school mentality and you get 35 year old women having drama with a 19 year old.

Bad Headspace

Y e a h
kiwifarms.net
I don't sympathize with them much, but I do understand their position.
Who doesn't like more cash than less?

I usually just find it extremely cynical that on one hand they pull the "I really do because I like this guys." but the moment the money / e-numbers start to dry up they just bitch and moan. I would respect an openly real greedy bastard over fake nerds who just seem to like everything that can be popular.

Chaos Theorist

It would be spiteful To put jellyfish in a trifle
kiwifarms.net
Better, it should subsidize Kiwi Farmers. Having a group dedicated to pointing out exceptional individuals has a better effect on society than 99.99% of youtubers.

On topic, the youtubers are the ones making free content, if they cannot use it to support themselves then they need to find other employment. However I can slightly sympathize with them, due to YouTube being a shit company that couldn't care less about the actual reason people watch it content and it's a defacto monopoly so there's no real alternative to use for their videos.
SFDebris funds his videos through patreon and hosts everything through his website and vimeo so it can be done

Lemmingwise

They're always yapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Could you imagine if halfway through a televised talk show the host starts begging the viewers to give the show a good rating and donate to the network? I know part of the point of online video content is to be able to interact directly with your audience, but audience interaction shouldn't take the form of begging for money and asspats.

Yes, I much rather hear them talk about products and movies that they were paid to endorse and like.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
Are you telling me you've never watched a show on PBS before?
If it's not pledge drive time the AND VIEWERS LIKE YOU stuff either comes at the beginning or the end of the program. If it is pledge drive time it's every 15 minutes and you too can have JANE SEYMOUR'S BUTTLIFT WORKOUT on Bluray for $50 a month for 12 months.

Ah what am I saying, where I live the local PBS station has it every month (seemingly) and it's also one of the worst run nonprofits in the country.

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
I find that there is a direct correlation between quality of content and a lack of whining for scraps.

I've stopped paying attention to a lot of people because they started opening videos with an ebeg.

I don't care if they shill their patreon or put an image of their links at the end or in the intro but ffs don't beg.
The new trend which guarentees i'll never watch your content is when they slip that plug in the middle of a video. They'll be talking about the video subject then have some half ass transition to their Patreon/streamlabs/etc plug. Tim Pool is the first that comes to mind but a few others have too. Fuck off if you expect cash/bitcoins for taking 10 minutes to read a two paragraph news article.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
The fact that more of these people either forget they have a Patreon or forget Patreon exists astounds me. YouTube's always been a shitty way of getting income unless you amass millions of views, and even that's not 100% guaranteed to work.

Agarathium1066

My sense of balance is busted.
kiwifarms.net
Maybe they should step up their mofukkin game like my boy Jerma.

I think Jerma is an entertainer first and foremost. Where he does it seems to not bother him as much as just doing things he finds fun or think will go well. He really does well and seems to have at least a lick of business sense.

In terms of sympathizing with these people I think its a fairly easy thing to do. Some of them actually enjoy the work (or should if they're doing it this damned much), and others may have produced content that until recently really wasn't considered 'Bad' enough to be potentially threatened by YT changes.

Google just changes the rules whenever it wants and that will actually put some people in a genuine scrape. However if they don't adapt or just grow used to making their cash by playing the 'I'm in a bad way!' card then I will unsub and ignore their content. Work with the various means to get money, or come to accept that your job is no longer feasible.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
If somebody produces high quality content, I'll cut them some slack if they talk about burnout and wanting to take a break. But for the most part, the youtubers who whine the most produce the laziest shit imaginable.

Jenny Nicholsen is a dull vanilla thot youtuber who produces videos where she talks into the camera for 20 minutes with very little editing and no special effects. She uploads videos twice a month--often less--and is paid very well for how little time and effort she actually puts into her videos. At the 15 minute mark in this video, she stops her Endgame video and whines for a good ten minutes about how hard it is being a youtuber. Bitch, please.

Jenna Marbles is a youtube old hag who used to produce comedy videos, transitioned to makeup tutorials and now mostly does vlog shit with her dogs. She runs a harder schedule than Jenny, producing in addition to her weekly video a podcast and a twitch stream with her beard Julian, but even she's not immune from the "woe is me, producing videos about my dogs eating soap is so hard you guys!" Needless to say, she also makes a seven figure income from her videos.

ceca053d54be825ffcda181fe61e85ca.jpg

Comicbookgirl19 is your typical geek girl. Like Jenna Marbles, she used to produce high quality content before adopting a lazy podcast-style format. Despite this easy format, she nevertheless exists in a perpetual state of mental breakdown, taking frequent multi-month-long "mental health" breaks between episodes. Long absences have hurt her patreon, but suffice it to say, she still makes a decent living selling nudes to thirsty viewers. This is who Jenny Nicholson would be if she weren't so pug fucking ugly.

Pewdiepie is easily the hardest worker on here, but like the above youtubers, he runs on a very lazy format. 99% of Pewds content is "reacting" to meme compilations his editors send him or doing let's plays of sponsored video games. Its not a hard job, not by a long shot, but even he whines impotently about burnout and getting tired of the grind. No one would fault Felix if he took his money and fucked off, but its the 'woe is me' nature of his vacation that is so infuriating. Just fucking take a vacation faggot. Millions of people would kill for such an easy job. Get off the cross, show a little humility and stop acting like having the minimum amount of responsibility needed to function in a society is such a great fucking burden.

Neet Tokusatsu Hero

I'm a hero, but still fat and a NEET
kiwifarms.net
I don't know, sometimes i want to feel sympathetic, i know the job market it's not a nice place, and the very notion that you may never find a well payed or even enjoyable job it's a shit sandwich that very few people are willing to take a bite of, however... let's be honest, what mental image do you have about someone desperately clinging to the idea that they can spend their entire adult lives expecting to be paid for talking about videogames, anime, children's cartoons or movies, or even worse, to read creepypastas from a fucking wikipedia or reacting to videos made by other people?, to me, most people who complain about how they can't live off YT are the ones who produce some of the most worthless content, no wonder why most of these people can't find a job, if the only thing they can do is recording themselves reading Sonic.exe or pretending to be exited for newest episode of MHA, they will be fucked the day the're forced to look for a job

Dolphin Lundgren

Picking blueberries with Henry Fonda.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't feel bad for them at all. Youtube should be a side thing, not a main profession. They should actually get real jobs to support themselves.

Especially those Youtubers who make compilation videos by taking other people's videos and then putting up Patreons to support them. It's not even their work and compilation videos are just taking credit for other people's stuff. Why do people even pay Youtubers for that?