Youtubers teetering on the edge of cowdom - Who is next to fall from grace, and why?

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
There are a great many e-celebs, mainly Youtubers, who are not yet fully-fledged lolcows. Perhaps they've let success get to their heads, have started inserting themselves into drama, have started attracting trolls or are starting to pick fights with their fans.

My submission is someone who has done all four of these things in the last year or two: Steve Terreberry (no relation to Julie Terryberry).

Steve Terreberry is a Canadian guitarist and Youtuber with over 2 million subs. He shot to fame making comedic videos about guitar playing and various metal bands, particularly this video, "How to play guitar like Lil' Wayne", which earned a teenage Steve a ticket to the big time, showcasing not only his ability to poke fun at shitty guitar playing, but also his own considerable guitar playing skills.

Let's be clear here, a lot of people REALLY FUCKING HATE Steve Terreberry. For the most part, a lot of people find his wacky/zany persona incredibly annoying, and Steve has been battling a small army of trolls and haters since the very beginning. Steve has made light of this in some of his videos, which only made them angrier:

But every content creator has detractors, and Steve has been doing his thing for 9 years now. But in the last couple of years, the wheels have started to come off. Incidents include:

- The revelation that he lives with his mum (and is probably a virgin).
- Getting offered the chance to tour the US with British metal band Dragonforce (who are a BIG DEAL in the shred guitar community), only to change his mind after he started having anxiety attacks, tanking any chance of the mainstream music industry taking him seriously ever again
- Releasing his own music to a notably tepid reception
- A "beef" with American guitar Youtuber Jared Dines that didn't look entirely manufactured. Whilst both of them have collaborated and make light of their "feud", you feel that there's something genuine to it, especially from Dines, who seems jealous that Steve is more financially successful and a better guitar player than him. He also clearly finds Steve very irritating. Jared Dines is also having his own slow-motion mental breakdown as he clearly hates being a Youtuber and wants to be a more respected musician and not make "10 dumb things drummers say" videos any more.
- A string of videos where he powerlevels about his own anxiety and depression in a disturbingly Boogie-esque way (he was also involved in the BetterHelp scandal).

Most recently, and what prompted me to include him here ahead of Jared Dines, was his purchase of a massive new mansion with his Youtube money. He showcased it in a very Cribs-like video a week ago:

Stevie T's appeal has always been his dorky, homespun charm. He was some guitar player in his bedroom who was making fun of Lil' Wayne and Nik Jonas and doing silly music videos about happy Black Metal. Swinging his dick around like that is likely to really damage his brand in the long term. Flexing on your fans like that is seldom a good idea, especially in the heavy metal music community where "selling out" is considered the most heinous of crimes. His physical and mental health prevent him from becoming a touring musician, and the response to his original, serious music has been pretty lukewarm, so it's hard to see where he'll make much money outside Youtube despite his incredible ability on his instrument. Much like the iDubbbz Onlyfans trashfire, I don't think he realises how much this has damaged his relationship with his audience. His "one of us" charm has gone, his mental state is deteriorating, he has shown off a gigantic mansion that looks like a massive Ozymandias style hostage to fortune and a massive act of hubris. I give him a year before everything falls apart, then I'll do a proper OP on him.

Other candidates include:

Deadwing Dork - powerlevels WAY too much for someone entering into the commentary community. Plagarist.
Larry Bundy Jr - bizarrely loyal to Channel Awesome, loves inserting himself into drama. One mistake and he has a lot of people who would happily see him fail and help him do so.
NightMind - Originally made really interesting videos on ARGs and horror webseries, his ego is getting rapidly out of control and he has started getting into slapfights with other creators

Who is your candidate? Who else is circling the drain, and why?

Last edited:

Pee Wee Herman

Playhouse Overlord
kiwifarms.net
-ReverendBurn. (https://www.youtube.com/user/ReverendBurn) He's around five or six hundred pounds and was known for his early 2010's COD rants. It's been over a decade and his body's only gotten more grotesque. Most of his videos now are about eating garbage foods or shoving garbage foods in between his man titties. His channel is essentially Boogie if he was actually funny.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 1.48.23 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 1.48.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 1.48.23 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 323
Last edited:

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
Basically anyone that still does the "Like, comment, subscribe, and share" schtick. They are all desperately trying to game the algorithm and turn their internet garbage into a career rather than become a functioning human being. They don't seem to get that the whole system changed a long time ago and what gets pushed has entire marketing teams working behind it. That their little Let's Play channel or whatever ran out of mommy's basement is never going to amount to anything. They invested too heavily into it and are struggling to let the dream die.

Watching them collapse one by one over the last few years has been pretty amusing.

albert macdonald chan

Novice computer programmer and Norm Macdonald fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Young Turks, but specifically Cenk Uygur

It’s a well known fact that even the most non-political person like myself has noticed that Cenk has been acting out of line for forcing his “progressive” politics onto the most establishment politicians in Washington D.C.

Though, recently, it was this meltdown in particular that made me think that this guy is destroying his brand on purpose:

Even if this is unintentional.

Last edited:

Kiwi Yuga

kiwifarms.net
The Young Turks, but specifically Cenk Ugyur

It’s a well known fact that even the most non-political person like myself has noticed that Cenk has been acting out of line for forcing his “progressive” politics onto the most establishment politicians in Washington D.C.

Though, recently, it was this meltdown in particular that made me think that this guy is destroying his brand his purpose:

Even if this is unintentional.
i'm starting to believe that the constant pressure from Dame Pesos is getting to him. Spamming the chat of his members only stream with tacos must have been crushing for Cenk's psyche.

saralovesjuicyfruit

kiwifarms.net
Dan Bell (guy who did/does abandoned exploration, dead malls, etc.) has been embarrassing himself acting like a thin-skinned little bitch on Twitter for years. He has repeatedly lashed out at his fans for not kissing his ass enough. I stopped following him entirely after he did the same shit one time too many but I’m sure he’s still up to his manchild antics.

Bins

LGBTQ+, BIPOC, Autistic, Nonbinary, infinitfat
kiwifarms.net
Dan Bell (guy who did/does abandoned exploration, dead malls, etc.) has been embarrassing himself acting like a thin-skinned little bitch on Twitter for years. He has repeatedly lashed out at his fans for not kissing his ass enough. I stopped following him entirely after he did the same shit one time too many but I’m sure he’s still up to his manchild antics.
Dan is not only a thin-skinned bitch but he's incredibly lazy as well. I stopped following him as well after he did an Instagram live rant about people asking him for particular tracks for the music he puts into his Dead Mall series. His excuse was along the lines of he pays the artist and does what is stipulated, ie credit them. Putting in the titles of the song is not stipulated, so he doesn't do it ie he's fucking too lazy to do it. He's a fat gay dude who does the bear-minimum.

Also while watching some of his live Another Dirty Room's it's become very apparent that he has very little patience with his friends, who are far more interesting and entertaining than Dan will ever be. I assume this is out of jealousness.

saralovesjuicyfruit

kiwifarms.net
Dan is not only a thin-skinned bitch but he's incredibly lazy as well. I stopped following him as well after he did an Instagram live rant about people asking him for particular tracks for the music he puts into his Dead Mall series. His excuse was along the lines of he pays the artist and does what is stipulated, ie credit them. Putting in the titles of the song is not stipulated, so he doesn't do it ie he's fucking too lazy to do it. He's a fat gay dude who does the bear-minimum.

Also while watching some of his live Another Dirty Room's it's become very apparent that he has very little patience with his friends, who are far more interesting and entertaining than Dan will ever be. I assume this is out of jealousness.

Yeah, he is a huge jerk and almost certainly would meet criteria for a cluster B personality disorder diagnosis with the way he is so obviously majorly insecure but tries to act like he’s so “above it all”. Can’t stand the guy even though I used to greatly enjoy his content (though as you said, he’s lazy, so even the output of that had stopped or slowed significantly last I was keeping up).

Rupert Bear

#nutwooddrip
kiwifarms.net
MamaMax. He's always had a cringy, edgy theme and tone to his vids, but the more recent ones where he's LARPing as a badass Hotline Miami style vigilante pedophile killer are fucking laughable. Specially the 45 min one which is mostly ultraedgy "pedophile hunter" LARP.
I'm not against denouncing Pedos or Youtube's shitty rules either, but i'm getting a serious "MattsWhatItIs" feel from MamaMax. It doesn't even seem to be just pandering anymore

GogglyGoblin

kiwifarms.net
Who in the fuck would turn down an opportunity to hang with these guys?

He's a massive faggot, his whole thing is mocking other guitarists but he's too afraid of people mocking him. That's the excuse he gives for not playing live.
I remember thinking how strange that a man of his skill was afraid of showing it, but autists are autists even if they dedicate all their free time to playing guitar instead of writing fanfiction.
I don't even know why I hate him so much, he's just a complete faggot, unfunny and repetitive. He probably sees no future ahead for him in the long run doing Youtube videos and he hasn't done anything to prepare for that future, which is not rare for youtubers who hit it big when they are young, and that makes them resent their own fanbase. Though he is harmless, and you can safely ignore him and you'd never miss anything, why does he inspire so much hatred from a sperg like me? He gets legti alogged by some really crazy people and I kind of understand them but not really.
When Ola Englund (another sperg in the 'metal' side of youtube) bought a house a while back, the video was either well recieved or ignored. Though I guess Ola's content is considerably different and his audience probably has a lot more of the 40somethings who think lack of practice is solved by fiddling with the knobs in the newest amp they bought. He also actually treats making Youtube videos as a job, enjoys doing them and he can move onto doing something else if need be.
Jared Dines is a faggot too for similar reasons, he played or is playing for Trivium which is generic gay american metal but it is popular enough that he doesn't have to rely on doing top-10 funny memes sent to my discord well into his 30s. Absolute retards pay absurd amounts of money to be taught how to play guitar by guitar players who are in big bands for some strange reason.

After rereading what I just wrote I noticed this is autistic as fuck, but I'm going to post it anyway, it is my curse to not know better.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Larry Bundy Jr. recently lost a ton of weight and seems likeable. He totally flirts with Octavius Kitten without being creepy or anything on Digitizer, too, which made me giggle. The man’s got game.

Pat the NES Punk is probably deserving of a thread, but he's just not interesting enough. All he really does anymore is his podcast with his cohost, Ian, who's a soyboy with a huge ego and thin skin, who has no presence outside of that show and his Twitter. It's anyone's guess if Pat or Ian is the bigger cow.

Mega64's also worth stating, but I haven't watched them in nearly 4 years now because I got sick of their shit and managed to write up two colossal posts about their crap (really, Rocco's crap) here, and then another one with more info about Rocco manipulating some girl into sleeping with him here.

Last edited:

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
Who in the fuck would turn down an opportunity to hang with these guys?

Herman will teach you how to shred, you play pinball with Sam, then Gee makes a nice risotto. They are like the most wholesome speed metal band ever. Kinda glad that loser turned them down. It gave someone more deserving a chance to have the greatest experience ever.