Youtubers teetering on the edge of cowdom - Who is next to fall from grace, and why?

• Stealth is back for people browsing at work (it's jank as shit but whatever).

ZombiefiedFerret

Itchy. Tasty.
There's some unspoken context there about how Dick did basically the same sort of thing with someone, and his community looked the other way. The difference is, Dick actually has a big enough fanbase to get a thread and any kind of discussion outside of his subreddit and paypig zones, so the goss is able to leak out where he can't control it.

Rocco went way out of his way to hide all of that, and silence anyone who brought it up wherever he can control comments. He shadowbans commenters on his YouTube channels and subreddit, and nobody cares enough about Mega64 elsewhere to bring it up. Mega64's fanbase is a small, loyal group of SJW paypigs, so they've got a Lowtax pre-2020 situation going on where everyone looks the other way unless Rocco ever does something big enough that they can't ignore.

So that's your context for you, I don't know if you ever actually post in the Dick Masterson thread or not and can't find out because search isn't working at the moment, but I figured you'd be bright enough to understand that there's some context in a post comparing The Dick Show to Mega64.
Thanks for explaining that. I was getting real worried about not understanding the full context of some ugly fat guy cheating on his gf and how it relates to the middle aged prom king. You're a lifesaver!

Edit:
NightMind - Originally made really interesting videos on ARGs and horror webseries, his ego is getting rapidly out of control and he has
Speaking of Night Mind, here's a couple of posts from another thread detailing some of his misadventures.
Night Mind has come up a lot in this thread and for good reason, his older content still holds up and he seems to have calmed down a little from peak Twitter even if his quality has suffered with time. The thing we're missing from his story here is a good old-fashioned shitshow, and he's started about as many of those as you'd expect from a gay furry.

The guy has some mild bovine tendencies. Not enough for a thread by any stretch, but more than enough to warrant dropping a little collection of his antics off here while we're on the subject.

An introduction, in which Nick Nocturne blames society. Archive

I. Name Game

Before they were friends, when Nexpo was starting out as Nightmare Expo, Nick woke up one day with a bug up his ass and decided to have a go at Nightmare Expo by way of lavishing praise on another creator with similar ARG content in a now-deleted tweet for specifically not copying him. The passive-aggressive jab didn't go unnoticed, Nightmare Masterclass wagged a finger, Nightmare Expo agreed with Nightmare Masterclass and in a series of also deleted tweets called him narrow-minded and said he lost respect for him, and Night Mind flipped shit. This back and forth between the three of them and eventually ReignBot continued, and was mostly deleted. Kwite breaks down the Twitter catfight the day after.

II. Idiot Box

Max Landis became involved with the creepypasta community as a patron of Night Mind. Night Mind had become involved with the creepypasta community through Midnight Marinara, and at the time was on good terms with the Undercooked Analysis group consisting of founder David King, Dead Palette, and Slimebeast. Things were fine until Max Landis announced Candle Cove, the initial reception of which among the creepypasta community inspired Night Mind to crash a helicopter directly into all of his friendships to preserve his link to the Landis name.

It is long and messy. Nick Nocturne can explain it, though. He's really sorry. Really, really sorry. Archive

After all was said and done, for some reason it was shilling for CryptTV that finally put Midnight Marinara himself over the edge.

III. Tranny Hat Rape

Night Mind and Nyx Fears had a little sleepover, and somehow a grown man with a cat puppet on his hand and a pronoun with a hat translated into this overblown onstream clusterfuck that took a year to resolve. A riveting tale of gender dysphoria, consent violation, and an apology so long Nick felt the need to write it on Medium instead of Tumblr.

Nyx's callout post. Archive

Nick Nocturne is really, really sorry. For real this time. It just took him a year to remember he was. Archive

IV. Furfags Love FNAF

One of the only things Nick enjoys more than apologizing is finding reasons to get assblasted at MatPat. The primary culprit is Five Nights at Freddy's lore and theories. There's not much more to it than that, he just can't stand MatPat and it's funny to watch him chimp at someone for putting in less than half the effort he does and getting several dozen times the views.

I don't like him. He's successful and he's bad at it. Archive

V.

There are a few more little things that aren't worth dragging out (for example, here are some angry people on Tumblr alleging abuse of some kind Archive) like some ARG spotlight stealing drama, and there's a google doc made by some disgruntled fans that provides a far more detailed look into the drama arcs, but this is just meant to be a fun little side trip between the channel recommendations. Nexpo might be cheesing it up a little, but Night Mind's got the market cornered on throwing epic bitch fits.

nightmind becoming more and more like matpat over time despite him being his Object Of Hate half the time will never not be both funny and sad to me at the same time. at least matpat has the spine to put his insane half-assed bullshit theories out there like he's an authority on art and actually stand by them, even when creators verify him as completely wrong like the FNAF thing.

Nick only focusing on things he sees as ARGs (emphasis on it being his perception instead of reality) has led to some of the most insecure fart-huffing i've ever seen, where someones creepy art project can suddenly become trash purely cause he can't solve the "puzzle" that isn't even there, because if the smartest ARG explainer on the internet couldn't figure out the correct answer it just must be a bad puzzle!

basic artistic interpretation goes down the drain as a concept for people obsessed with ARGs like him i've noticed, there's either a single thought/action/hidden message path that will lead to a giant exposition plot dump giving you a complete explanation of the story being told, or it's unfinished/too obtuse/badly written to them; the only exceptions are when the creators are so much larger and more well-respected (dad, wham city, don't hug me i'm scared etc.) in the creative horror world than they are, as that'd actually require them to come up with anything beyond "if you remember that key phrase from before" or "converting this code from base64 gets you a password for a website" and that's not going to happen at this rate.

the funniest example to me was his second petscop video, where instead of even attempting to come up with his own interpretation of the content he spent 40 minutes on a synopsis of, he essentially says "it hasn't given us the single correct solution and thus is disappointing and bad." like he's afraid of getting a bad grade on his paper. it's no wonder he's since stuck to the usual CREEPY WOMAN IN HOUSE? MAY BE HAUNTED! WHO IS KEEPING HER LOCKED IN THERE??? shit that never stops coming, as the only work it requires is someone in a discord group finding and solving a puzzle for you.

still love his early videos on Wham City's projects though, shame his content got worse as his mic quality got better.

(also adding that i think That Chapter is the most consistent and likable creator among all mentioned yet)

Last edited:

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
N.B. Ethan Kline, The Young Turks and TheQuartering have some giant thread on Internet Famous, so it fair to say that are already cows at this point.
To play devils advocate one thing that arguably doesn’t make them lolcows is they manage to make a living from their online antics and who knows if they’re just saying dumb things or pandering to their audience because they know it gets them hits/Patreon donations.

Fromtheblackdepths

Baby it's cold outside, come sex a fish~
To play devils advocate one thing that arguably doesn’t make them lolcows is they manage to make a living from their online antics and who knows if they’re just saying dumb things or pandering to their audience because they know it gets them hits/Patreon donations.
The Quartering may in fact use bots for views and can barely keep any non-related Quartering channels alive.

Lonely Grave

naked and alone, we die
Upper Echalon gaming angry sperged for like three days and I thought he might go full cow over this Griffon Gaming takedown but he stopped after that.

Satellite Genshin Impact communities (those separate from official community) had a field day over his GI doomposting videos:
He would have had a point if his gameplay wasn't so unbelievably atrocious; e.g. trying to beat a shield-mob with plain sword instead of burning or using magic while complaining that the combat is tedious.

Dead Eye

The least attractive virgin Allah has to offer
I simp hard for Deadwingdork but hes really changed too much, tbh I think the twitch/ discord culture has gotten to his head and he's less weird 4chan shit and more edgy boi but not too edgy bc he wants money.
I agree. He used to be really funny and cover obscure topics, but as time goes on he seems to just find garbage to get angry at. I think he had very little to say so when he ran out he just reverted to yelling really loudly at videos of pedos and dogfuckers. It's a shame, seems every good youtuber comes to a similar fate these days.

SteveT sounds like some literal who with a niche audience and a McMansion, you're biggest points about him are "he talks about his anxiety and he turned down a chance to roam with dragonforce" what makes him even boardering on lolcowdom?

His persona is "spastic middle schooler" which doesn't look much like an act since when the mask is down he seems like a petty turd, mix with drama and I see where op is coming from.

I Love Beef

Yo kid, you want sum o dis whiskey?
MaximillianDood.

Not only did the guy once had a GoFundMe that turned out to be a scam, he's honestly quite divisive because anyone who uses Google and does their own research by their own curiosity and interest tend to realize that he's just a shilling cringy piece of birdshit who has an Asian fetish (and his woman isn't quite a looker either, surprise surprise) and is such a normalfag that he comes across as a consuuming posturing pop culture hipster faggot than anyone who legitimately grew up in the 1990s in the fighting game fandom at all.

The only reason why he has an audience is because he attracts the same kind of flybrained dumbasses who have his own self absorbed ignorant faggotry. I've never even seen him sponsored or associated by anyone else from the long time fighting game community who have the sense to not be absolute cows, and I know he's one video filled with the same ignorant posturing douchebag shit away from joining LowTierGod.

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
This was a couple of years ago, so maybe that was before they shacked up. Good for them, I hope they're happy and work well together. Though that's something to keep an eye on, I remember Octavius offhand mentioning she thinks she's genderfluid and identifies more with being male (oooooooooooh baby) and came off as someone who never got out of her emo teenager mindset. Nostalgia Nerd already has a kid with someone else, too, I think. If I could invest in Youtuber drama, I'd throw a speculative hundo in that ring.
Maybe, Nostalgia Nerd basically promoted her channel in the early days so I guess she owes him her career. I like Octavius though, she makes enjoyable content. I've seen her accused of being what amounts to a titty streamer but it's like, they're huge, what's she supposed to do take 'em off?

Nostalgia Nerd lives in Norwich which is my neck of the woods so I've actually bumped into him on the Street more than once when I've made the long and solemn drive into the city for some reason. (also Stuart Ashens).

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
Love that Steve Terreberry bottled the Dragonforce tour and blamed it on "anxiety and mental health issues", after he ripped the absolute shit out of Richard Benson, a deeply unwell (physically and mentally) guitar player from Italy, claimed not to know Benson was ill when he made the orignal video, then doubled down and did more content on him. Absolute shithouse.

Richard Benson's life is the kind of thing that makes you think that if there is a God, he is a fucking sadist. In the 80s and 90s he could really fucking shred and was regarded as one of the best young guitarists in Italy, with a niche making instructional guitar videos that by all accounts were really good. He developed some kind of degenerative neurological problem that trashed his ability to play. Horrifically, that same neurological problem also prevented him from realising this, and he ended up in a delusional state where he thought he could still play like he used to, and go and play shows where he didn't understand why people were booing and throwing things at him. He's still doing it, though now audiences know his story and humour him while he flails away at the instrument he used to dominate. It's fucking nightmarish.

Steve Terreberry made not one but two videos making fun of him.

Thanks for explaining that. I was getting real worried about not understanding the full context of some ugly fat guy cheating on his gf and how it relates to the middle aged prom king. You're a lifesaver!

Edit:

Speaking of Night Mind, here's a couple of posts from another thread detailing some of his misadventures.

I didn't realise Nick Nocturne had got caught up in all this rapey tranny/furry drama. He's way closer to earning himself a thread than I thought. Such a shame too, his early videos on Everyman Hybrid and Wham City Comedy are genuinely excellent.

Stilgar of Troon

Facial Fremen-isation Surgery
True & Honest Fan
Richard Benson's life is the kind of thing that makes you think that if there is a God, he is a fucking sadist. In the 80s and 90s he could really fucking shred and was regarded as one of the best young guitarists in Italy, with a niche making instructional guitar videos that by all accounts were really good. He developed some kind of degenerative neurological problem that trashed his ability to play. Horrifically, that same neurological problem also prevented him from realising this, and he ended up in a delusional state where he thought he could still play like he used to, and go and play shows where he didn't understand why people were booing and throwing things at him. He's still doing it, though now audiences know his story and humour him while he flails away at the instrument he used to dominate. It's fucking nightmarish.

Steve Terreberry made not one but two videos making fun of him.
I remember seeing the first one and thinking "surely this guy is mentally ill or something" and when I looked him up and read about, well, what you've just posted ^, I felt bad for even giving Terreberry the view on the vid. The videos of Benson "playing" gigs (often behind netting and chickenwire) are just sad as fuck. :(

NoodleFucker3000

That isn't alfredo.
I agree. He used to be really funny and cover obscure topics, but as time goes on he seems to just find garbage to get angry at. I think he had very little to say so when he ran out he just reverted to yelling really loudly at videos of pedos and dogfuckers. It's a shame, seems every good youtuber comes to a similar fate these days.
Sone of his drunk streams like pamperchu or channeling Eric are good ranty streams but that type of stream isn't funny when he censors himself to avoid losing money. Like if you go that route you gotta go all the way.

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
FouseyTube most definitely

What's he doing these days? I remember he had some kind of manic episode that convinced him that Drake was going to perform at his birthday party and he was trying to hunt him down in his hotel room to confront him. At one point he stood on the roof of a car and yelled something at a crowd through a megaphone. I haven't heard much from him since, he seemed to have crossed the line into cowdom ages ago but seems to have gone quiet. Is he still crazy?