Youtubers teetering on the edge of cowdom - Who is next to fall from grace, and why?

• Stealth is back for people browsing at work (it's jank as shit but whatever).

GooglePuppet

had my fun
I've had a sneaking suspicion for a while that the vast majority of 'wow, look at how good i can play le funny djent lolololololol 0-0-00-1-0 meshuggah amirite??' channels have some serious lolcow energy. If they weren't so insufferable irl, they'd be in a band already and have made it big.

It's also made me slowly realize that anyone who is 'goofy' and 'random' outside of a public setting is most likely a cow or a cow in the making.

EDIT: Why the fuck is 'wow' turning into a dog?

GooglePuppet

had my fun
Cenk and TYT have been lolcows for fucking years. Cenk himself has been over the edge for a long time.
Shame that the funnier version of this video is gone. Rip.
There's more than just the horsefucking, it's just that this is the funniest that I can remember.
Cenk is a premium lolcow. My friend beat him by +1k votes during the election, and he didn't even run a campaign.

Observerer

Talking to me is like clapping with one hand
I've had a sneaking suspicion for a while that the vast majority of 'wow, look at how good i can play le funny djent lolololololol 0-0-00-1-0 meshuggah amirite??' channels have some serious lolcow energy. If they weren't so insufferable irl, they'd be in a band already and have made it big.

It's also made me slowly realize that anyone who is 'goofy' and 'random' outside of a public setting is most likely a cow or a cow in the making.

EDIT: Why the fuck is 'wow' turning into a dog?
The only YT guitarists I unironically like are Kmac (because he is actually funny) and Ola Egelund. Other than that the vast majority are autistic in some way.

Edit: While I don't think many of the YT shredders deserve their own threads, a community thread on them would be nice. Also never forget that Rob Scallon contributed to The Nostalgia Critic's "The Wall".

Sir Bartleby Montclair

Richest and Sexiest Man Alive
I don't know him but I remember one time watching a UK urban exploration channel and they were constantly lying / being idiots. Stuff like "this place has been abandoned for 20 years" when you could literally see 5-10 year old advertisements on the walls. Getting into an old building and finding the child care centre and not recognising a mural 80's Iron Man and saying it's from the 50's.

Maybe there is somewhere calling out these UE channels as many seem to be either ghost hunting tier fake or zoomers with no context to what they're discovering.
Dan is definitely guilty of being a little too... sensational while exploring places. I don't think he intentionally lies, and when he's talking about a place, he usually seems well informed. But he's the type who would pick up something a squatter left behind and go "Wow, this bag of Doritos must be 30 years old" when it's clearly recent.

In early episodes of Another Dirty Room (series where they stay in dirt cheap hotels and marvel at how disgusting the place is), their reactions to finding blood would drive me crazy too. Blood on the bed is either period blood, bug bites, or drug related. But they'd find blood and start hyping it up as if somebody died on the bed.

I still watch because I love Rick and Brennen so much. They make it all worth it. And Dan does make good dead mall videos when he makes them. But God damn.

EryngiumLostHisKeys

You’ll own nothing and you’ll be happier then ever
Ethan Klein/H3h3 is getting there:
View attachment 1736470

He seems to get more petty and drama obsessed by the day.

“Jews inherited their tendency towards fat because of their life style: ‘Can a surfeit of food continued through many generations create a large appetite in the offspring; alternatively, can it cause a functional weakness of their weight- regulating mechanism?’ asks W. F. Christie (1937). And he answers:
Take, for instance, the Hebrews, scattered over the ends of the earth. Probably no race in the world has so apparent a tendency to become stout after puberty, or is more frequently cited as an example of racial adiposity. It is also probable that no nation is so linked in common serfdom to their racial habits and customs. [Elliot] Joslin says of the present generation of Jews: ‘Overeating begins in childhood, and lasts till old age.’ The inheritance of large appetites and depressed weight-regulating mechanism may exist in them, although they show no other signs of the latter; whereas the inheritance of fat-forming habits is certain. (p. 31)
Here ‘nature’ trumps ‘culture’ even among emancipated Jews.
Thus, Jews inherit the compulsive eating patterns of their ancestors and are therefore fat already as children. Their obesity and their diabetes are a reflection of their poor hygienic traditions”

“According to current estimates, as many as one in three Ashkenazi Jews, those with Eastern European descent, are carriers for certain genetic diseases, including Gaucher disease. Researchers think Ashkenazi genetic diseases arise because of the common ancestry many Jews share.”

Mega64's also worth stating, but I haven't watched them in nearly 4 years now because I got sick of their shit and managed to write up two colossal posts about their crap (really, Rocco's crap) here, and then another one with more info about Rocco manipulating some girl into sleeping with him here.
This reads like you just outgrew the content they were making and tried to blame it on some failing of theirs.

The sub count/views point is irrelevant because they're clearly pulling in some serious cash in order to support 4+ full-time employees and a sizable studio, all off the backs of a (relatively) small audience that have probably been with them since day 1. You can't say that about many shows/podcasts/whatever.

For all we know, Rocco's personal failings are the result of some crazy MeToo fabrication or just an embarrassing black mark in his past that he doesn't want to talk about. Relationship drama like that isn't anyone's business and it's entirely possible the people involved already made up. There were way bigger controversies like the Smorky (spelling?) connection and Shawn saying if his wife grew a dick he wouldn't suck it.

And to my knowledge they've only taken the "offensive" clips from their podcast off their official archive due to monetization issues and still openly allow fans to provide mirrors on Reddit.

Most people become cows after only a few years of e-fame. These guys have 15+ years under their belt.

Joe Swanson

Famed TV Cripple
Emperor Lemon. As I said all the way back at the beginning of the year in the Mumkey Jone's thread:
Me said:
Emp certainly has some cow tendencies, but he's yet to sperg out in any meaningful way
Though if that sperg out is ever to come it'd probably be out of nowhere. My guess is that it'd probably come after a leftist sub of his some how managed to stumble upon his now deleted Phineasly Incorrect poop and rials up the cancel mob on twitter

Aaa0aaa0

Internet Sticker Enthusiast
Upper Echalon gaming angry sperged for like three days and I thought he might go full cow over this Griffon Gaming takedown but he stopped after that.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks he's starting to tard out. He can be really insightful but his constant diplomacy and thinking he knows better than others due to him doing minor journalism (he's helpful, but its still game drama) is starting to really bite him.

My offering: the School of Life, a 6 million subscriber "philosophy" self help) channel. It's headed by a pretentious Englishman who seems to have lead a life of privilege & coddling leading him to be a know it all not like the other girls niceguy incel tier sort of lad. A looksee at some of his videos:

He has sold notebooks with communist philosopher themes for 20pounds. He's probably less cow than I think but I never know.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
This reads like you just outgrew the content they were making and tried to blame it on some failing of theirs.

The sub count/views point is irrelevant because they're clearly pulling in some serious cash in order to support 4+ full-time employees and a sizable studio, all off the backs of a (relatively) small audience that have probably been with them since day 1. You can't say that about many shows/podcasts/whatever.

For all we know, Rocco's personal failings are the result of some crazy MeToo fabrication or just an embarrassing black mark in his past that he doesn't want to talk about. Relationship drama like that isn't anyone's business and it's entirely possible the people involved already made up. There were way bigger controversies like the Smorky (spelling?) connection and Shawn saying if his wife grew a dick he wouldn't suck it.

And to my knowledge they've only taken the "offensive" clips from their podcast off their official archive due to monetization issues and still openly allow fans to provide mirrors on Reddit.

Most people become cows after only a few years of e-fame. These guys have 15+ years under their belt.

Fair enough. Rocco's been around for a long time, so even if there's some creepy shit or lolcowdom buried, he knows how to keep it on the down-low. As for the Shmorky connection, I didn't ever think of it as anything noteworthy, since Lowtax went out of his way to help the Mega64 crew in the early days, and Shmorky was one of the most noteworthy SA creators at the time.

Hell, I'm just throwing out there what I know. There's no denying Rocco's pushy and greedy, that's obvious from just watching the podcast long enough, but if some kind of metoo shit came out against one of them, I'd be really surprised if it were any of the other guys, Garrett included. Unless the metoo was just someone screeching about that time Garrett and some of his friends crashed a house party naked while wearing masks and danced around for a minute before getting the hell out. I think that's how that story went.

JerryRigEverything is becoming really insufferable as of late, but I wouldn't say he's interesting enough to be a full on cow. His Twitter is full of TDS nonsense and he likes to shill Chinese phones but that's about it.
JerryRigEverything wasn't so overtly political before the George Floyd shit, the sauciest he got was when he just made fun of Apple. Seems like he got paid by someone to start shilling shit for the Chinese.

Nigga, you dismantle cell phones and half your audience are Hindu Indians. Don't do this.

Nguyen Van Phuoc

Care to join me in a belt of scotch?
JerryRigEverything wasn't so overtly political before the George Floyd shit, the sauciest he got was when he just made fun of Apple. Seems like he got paid by someone to start shilling shit for the Chinese.

Nigga, you dismantle cell phones and half your audience are Hindu Indians. Don't do this.
The sad thing was that he used to do political jokes in his teardowns, and while they were still a bit weird, he at least had the decency to go after both ends.

I don't know why he became so unhinged as of late. IIRC he said in a video that he got most of his social interaction from the gym, and most of the gyms are closed...

MightyBiteySnake

DEPRESSED SNAKE DEPRESSED SNAKE
Oh also Ukinojoe and Khonjin (of Great the Show and Khonjin House fame, respectively) have both been dabbling in lolcowish behavior for a while now. Joe makes content at an absolute snail's pace whole Khonjin crashed into slumber ever since the kickstarter for his game failed (despite his insistence that he and the game weren't going anywhere if the KS failed).

They basically share the same single cynical brain cell and make milquetoast paint-by-numbers political tweets

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
True & Honest Fan
but it just seems like powerleveling at this point.
Do you even know what this word means? Go and lurk more, fucking weeb.

My pick is this guy. Look when his first video was uploaded and then realize that he was doing this shit for almost a decade and didn't improve a bit. Hell, if someone showed me that, I would've thought it's from early 2010's from some obscure TGWTG member. Then his picks - he doesn't talk about the games he enjoys or at least can say much about, no, it's exclusively something helpless, like licensed games or Steam trash, or something that has been already was established as bad, like Ride to Hell. But that doesn't make someone a cow, right? Then how about the fact, that he regularly sperges about Trump/republicans/people who hated Disney Star Wars in unrelated videos? Or that he got a girl and than she dumped him? But ok, maybe he is just lonely and have no other ways to vent. Then you realize, that he basically parrots Jim Sterling, to the point of making video about his slapfight with Digital Homicide. Like, Sterling at least has a lot of money and army of dickriders, so his cuck life isn't entirely miserable, but why would one keep doing this, if it's clear that he hates playing those games and gets nothis in return? Luckily he is so obscure, that no one really cares.

Also, why do people keep bringing up someone like H3H3 or Cenk here? I thought they already have threads and pretty lengthy ones.