Youtubers who are actually cool - because not everyone is a cow

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Another vote for Internet Historian from me.
Georg Rockall-Schmidt is a guy who knows film, but isn't a snob about it.
Today I Found Out
Plainly Difficult is kind of fun - not the slickest, but good for odd history
Defunctland, even though I'm not a theme park fan
Bright Sun Films
You can get through everything on Local 58 in under 20 minutes, but I think it's some of the best horror out there.
Ashens for mindless dumb fun.

Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

Chewy Suarez

Kids eat free on Mondays!
kiwifarms.net
Whenever looking for background noise whenever doing chores or fucking around on my computer I usually turn these guys on:

- Bright Sun Films (known for his series on defunct retail and corporations like Blockbuster and Pan Am, explores abandoned buildings time to time with other channels with similar content)
- Defunctland (talks about defunct amusement parks and former rides, and has branched off into defunct TV shows. My personal favorite episode is the Son of Beast one)
- blameitonjorge (talks about the cartoons and started off as a ranking list channel, but has also dabbled into lost media which made his most popular video yet combining the two. he’s not as spergy as you would think, and his videos can actually be quite informative even if they are based off lost Czechoslovakian cartoons)
- SootHouse (a bunch of Brits come to get her and laugh at things like furry dating sites and incels. Collaborate with guys like Sorrow TV and Internet Historian)
- Sorrow TV (similar to SootHouse where he goes on subreddits and reads the best posts off of the best of all time. He’s quite good with his voice work whenever he switches voices for each post)
- Internet Historian (a lot of people have suggested him, so check him out. He talks about historical moments on the internet like HWNDU and DashCon)
- QuackityHQ and aksually (they collaborate a lot and have very similar content so I’m gonna put them together. They fuck around on games and recently Facebook which was my favorite video by them. This could be considered spergy but I enjoy their content)
- Supermega (they’re in the Game Grumps circle and have that weird shipping fanbase that comes with these kinda guys so this is probably my most spergy choice, but they’re still funny. They actually know how to play the game and are amazing editors. They’ve also done some vlog-type videos and have a great sense of humor)

Reactions: Mesosalpinx

Crichax

"Oh, and by the way, Jaspersprite agrees with me."
kiwifarms.net
Call Me Kevin is an Irish Let's Player who puts out edited montages of himself playing games and seeing what crazy shit he can find or do. His Comedy Night videos are classics, and some of the best on YT.

Darklordjadow1 may unfortunately be a shill for Brie Larson and Rian Johnson, but I find his videos to be quite funny. His reviews of BMC Studios games (idiotic French-Canadian teens who shove in as many ironic memes as possible into their "games") are pretty great. His character is refreshingly new in the world of reviewers: someone who has no idea what most modern memes are and thinks they're pretty stupid.

• Informative
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Fashy Airship

Baron's Aircrew
kiwifarms.net
To name just a few...

Red Ice TV. Wholesome, White couple who aren't cucked or selling out to mainstream pozz anytime soon.

Nicholas J Fuentes. Based public speaker and politician before his time. A bit whiney and slick-willie but his heart is in the right place.

Millenial Woes. He sometimes pontificates too much, and looks like an escaped mental patient but soothsays pretty good on the state of affairs in the big bad world.

Owen Benjamin. Comedian and edgy livestreamer who tells it like it is without being too cringe. Land that plane bear!

Valeria Amatue. Barbie-doll-figured, big boobed, hot AF Ukrainian singer who is out of this world with her rhetoric, even though I understand none of it without youtube-translate.

• Horrifying
Reactions: 1 person

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net
Rachel and Jun, and by extension Jun's side channel, Cooking With Jun!

They're a really sweet couple who currently live in the suburbs of Tokyo. I think. Rachel's from America, and Jun's Japanese. Rachel is very high-energy and bubbly, and Jun is very laid-back and quiet. They've got three cats who they both love dearly and are features of many of their videos. The cats are laid-back Haku, curious Nagi, and then Poki, who is an actual goblin.

Their videos are mostly about what life is like in Japan, what it's like being a foreigner in Japan, showing off really cool Japanese landmarks and places to visit, and the cats. All the videos have really nice cinematography and are good to just sit back and relax to.

Jun's cooking channel is also really cool. He's an excellent chef who makes all sorts of cool dishes, with most of them having him put his own unique spin on whatever he's making. He also makes a bunch of traditional Japanese dishes. He also likes posting knife restoration/sharpening videos, which are pretty interesting imo. He's got a bit of a thing for knives, which is kind of amusing considering how gentle of a man he is.

In all, they're an adorable couple with adorable cats and I really genuinely love their content.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
Civvie 11, he's like a Mr. Plinkett of video games but bound to fool more people by sounding like a brash and broish gamer, meaning he sounds like an idiot but is actually funny and insightful.

In the middle of criticizing a Serious Sam game:
Robot captor: You said you wanted to do this, it was your idea to make a Serious Sam video to shut up everybody up asking for Pro Serious Sam.
Prisoner Civvie 11: I don't think I said it like that.
Robot captor: You called all your fans weird man-children with starchy body pillows that could cut glass.
Prisoner Civvie 11: That does sound like me.

That is is part of the lore because that channel has lore and like Dark Souls it won't tell you shit about it, it's just sometimes there, but it is also self aware so it won't push it or do cringey sketches.

Pound for pound he's the best video game thing on Youtube right now and he's growing fast, he put up his "50k subscribers" video 6 days ago and now he's at 56k subscribers, quite a bump.

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
LGR (Lazy Game Reviews)

Dude is incredibly laid back and chill. Covers older DOS games, odd PC hardware and such. No political sperging, no obnoxious character persona, he's good background noise for his game stuff, and interesting and informative on his tech stuff. Still keep up with him long after I've outgrown the online reviewer groups.

Marco Fucko

A climber and a sadist.
kiwifarms.net
I guess this is a reco thread?

Chyrosran22 is a Dutch chemist and keyboard autist. He's reviewed everything from old ass military and telcom terminals from the 70s to cutting edge models that can sense around 270 levels of being pressed. He goes in depth as what switches power the keyboards and why they are the way they are. He also despises mainstream mechanical keyboard design and loses his shit at Razer's existence.

InRangeTV is a channel run by Forgotten Weapons' Ian McCollum and his buddy Karl Kasarda, who appears to be involved with hacking culture and Satanism. They focus on practical application of small arms, but since they're nerds they prefer looking at historical weapons and reproductions over the latest and greatest, which is a great niche and I really like seeing world war rifles being run through the same course an AR would be.

Garand Thumb is a gun reviewer that embraces memes and puts an autistic amount of rounds through the guns he reviews. He's mostly about current stuff, but will also sometimes review weapons from a previous generation and compare them to modern counterparts.

Gamers Nexus is a great tech news channel. Very thorough but also very concise, and they're not afraid to call out shitty industry practice or products. One video had Steve take a PC case that was supposedly high air flow but not actually due to aesthetic design, destroy the front plastic panel, and replace it with mesh himself, which made the case go from one of the worst to one of the best enclosures for air cooling, and caused Cooler Master to release a version of the case with mesh instead of clear plastic on the front.

Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Civvie 11, he's like a Mr. Plinkett of video games but bound to fool more people by sounding like a brash and broish gamer, meaning he sounds like an idiot but is actually funny and insightful.

In the middle of criticizing a Serious Sam game:
Robot captor: You said you wanted to do this, it was your idea to make a Serious Sam video to shut up everybody up asking for Pro Serious Sam.
Prisoner Civvie 11: I don't think I said it like that.
Robot captor: You called all your fans weird man-children with starchy body pillows that could cut glass.
Prisoner Civvie 11: That does sound like me.

That is is part of the lore because that channel has lore and like Dark Souls it won't tell you shit about it, it's just sometimes there, but it is also self aware so it won't push it or do cringey sketches.

Pound for pound he's the best video game thing on Youtube right now and he's growing fast, he put up his "50k subscribers" video 6 days ago and now he's at 56k subscribers, quite a bump.
CIVVIE!!!! I've been a huge fan since he showed up. The way he undercuts the brash gamer thing with intelligence, devekopment jokes and self deprecating humor is such a treat. Duke Forever at 100K

Just A Butt

Lift me up, like a garage door.
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if anyone has said this before me, but PurpleEyesWTF was pretty funny. Not sure if he is still making videos, but it's an interesting take on the whole "abridged" thing.

And by interesting, I mean totally insane.

Tags
None