YouTubers you hate that everyone else likes -

Argh My Cigar

You like grilled cheese?
kiwifarms.net
Scott The Woz. I enjoyed him for a bit but then out of nowhere he started pulling a Nostalgia Critic and kept cramming long, drawn out unfunny skits that ate up the majority of the video.

That and I'm willing to bet he's loaded up the ass from something else. Dude looks barely out of college yet he's got a game and system collection big enough to fill a dozen museums and mysteriously blew up in popularity overnight despite barely doing anything different from the dozens of other gaming channels. Reeks of something fishy.
Dude, I was literally about to come in and post about Scott, but you’ve managed to perfectly describe my exact feelings about this kid. He’s a rich kid— he reeks of it. There’s no way he could’ve amassed a collection that huge by the time he was in high school, even with a part-time weekend/summer job. His parents are probably rich, or upper-middle class that showered him with gifts growing up. Reminded me of two friends I grew up with who were considerably more well-off than the rest of our group; parents were either lawyers or had high level college professor positions, and would come home with new toys/clothes/games for them almost every other day. Was quite infuriating since these guys cherished nothing at all.

But going back to Scott, he actually hasn’t finished college yet. So we’re talking about a guy with what appears to be his own house or condo, who still attends school full-time and supposedly only works part time. Sorry, but he’s probably a spoiled little fuck outside of his internet persona.

His skits aren’t terribly overdone. He manages to consistently keep his vids within a reasonable time-frame; 10-15 minutes on average. But there’s definitely something behind-the-scenes going on with his channel production; I’m willing to bet he was groomed by other, more well known YouTubers in the “video game reviewer” scene that took a shine to him and helped promote his videos, possibly even assisted in editing them. Then you have James Rolfe suddenly featuring him too... yeah, it just seems like his popularity is artificial in some capacity.

@Pissmaster General Oh, I know, fucking Linux nerds think they have it ALL figured out, don't they? I've never heard of LGR until you mentioned them so we must have very different "Recommended" lists on Youtube, I'm guessing.

Just pick Mint, fuck. Cinnamon Mint. Well, if you're used to pleb Windows. If not, pick the distro that looks the coolest for you, I won't be stopping you. Anything stopping the sheer dominance of Microsoft is a good thing in my book.

Bread Fetishist

Public enemy to bakers everywhere
kiwifarms.net
Dude, I was literally about to come in and post about Scott, but you’ve managed to perfectly describe my exact feelings about this kid. He’s a rich kid— he reeks of it. There’s no way he could’ve amassed a collection that huge by the time he was in high school, even with a part-time weekend/summer job. His parents are probably rich, or upper-middle class that showered him with gifts growing up. Reminded me of two friends I grew up with who were considerably more well-off than the rest of our group; parents were either lawyers or had high level college professor positions, and would come home with new toys/clothes/games for them almost every other day. Was quite infuriating since these guys cherished nothing at all.

But going back to Scott, he actually hasn’t finished college yet. So we’re talking about a guy with what appears to be his own house or condo, who still attends school full-time and supposedly only works part time. Sorry, but he’s probably a spoiled little fuck outside of his internet persona.

His skits aren’t terribly overdone. He manages to consistently keep his vids within a reasonable time-frame; 10-15 minutes on average. But there’s definitely something behind-the-scenes going on with his channel production; I’m willing to bet he was groomed by other, more well known YouTubers in the “video game reviewer” scene that took a shine to him and helped promote his videos, possibly even assisted in editing them. Then you have James Rolfe suddenly featuring him too... yeah, it just seems like his popularity is artificial in some capacity.
I found out about him thanks to RelaxAlax. Back then, I think he had about 13K subs.

smallmilk

good for you
kiwifarms.net
After KF Movie Night, I got recommended this dude called Penguinz0 quite a bit.
How the fuck is he that popular and liked?
Sure, he has some banter going on but every video of his is shallow, boring, low content, poorly researched (if he bothers to research anything at all) trash.
I'm convinced that he got most of his audience when Youtube was a lot less competitive because no way would he do that now with that content. Nowadays, they're just used to watching his stuff daily and don't want to search for something better.
Charlie went downhill after his face reveal

Agent Nahman Jayden

Agent Anonymous
kiwifarms.net
I don't like storytime Youtubers but particularly JaidenAnimations. I don't even know why, might have something to do with an empathy deficiency and I have trouble getting that people actually care about parasocial relationships and hearing life stories from bland millennials.

I'm not sure if they actually started as a Youtube channel but I can't stand Critical Role, which sucks because I like (almost) all of the actors IN it. I guess that has to do with how I hate not being able to find a similar group of equally-enthusiastic people about starting a damn campaign and acting in-character.

Beluga

Just a little white whale on the go
kiwifarms.net
IHE - I Hate Everything. I still like his Search of the Worst films series or whatever it's called but he's turned into a full blown, snotty, intellectual film critic channel and I can't stand the way he talks. He also puts out what, 3 videos a year now?

I also tried to watch some of the podcasts he does with his brother and friends but they're just shite. They last on average 1 hour or more, they ramble about nothing and their attempts at humour are pretty pathetic.

Dr.Pingas

I will be your doc for today
kiwifarms.net
Alpharad and I used to really like his content actually.
Over time his commentary increasingly devolved into spewing Twitter memes and references at any given moment which becomes especially apparent in his non-Smash videos.
Also this guy won't shut the fuck up about his dozen waifus, like any time a female fictional character shows up he starts begging Sakurai to put her in Smash

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Alpharad and I used to really like his content actually.
Over time his commentary increasingly devolved into spewing Twitter memes and references at any given moment which becomes especially apparent in his non-Smash videos.
Also this guy won't shut the fuck up about his dozen waifus, like any time a female fictional character shows up he starts begging Sakurai to put her in Smash
Oh Christ I forgot about Alpha. He was cool when he was a small upcoming channel but he's become so exceptional to the point of being that guy and putting pronouns in his Twatter bio for the troon clout.

And then there's his fucking awful pedo-looking facial hair. There are guys who just can't pull off a beard well and Alpha's 100% one of them.
1582057236481.png

• Agree
Reactions: Dr.Pingas

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ReviewTechUSA

The guy floods his channel with redundant rumors like a bored gaming journalist who hasn't been bitten woke yet, speaking of which he sits on the fence on censorship and comes across as a guy who'd pull a Mundane Matt once he stops hitting the proverbial plateau quality. His content, albeit tolerable, becomes far less so when he touches the turd on Boogie2988, DarkSydePhil, and WingsofRedemption. He thinks any LOLCow got their reputation for being receptive to expert feedback, like nigga you don't pretend to care and expect them to listen at the same time. They never cared, they never listen, and it won't be until absolute ruin that anything changes. Worst case scenario someone dies from their destructive behavior with the net best being someone else becomes better for it, and Rich is probably going to pretend he gives any shit like Philip DeFaggo.

He considers Boogie a "friend", which is a huge fucking red flag on my radar.

Reactions: FluffyTehFennekin

friedshrimp

028372n38934739473247219074
kiwifarms.net
The Take

They went from making interesting pop culture / movie analysis to pretty much self project and validate. "all men who pursue women are gross, but women who abuse other women are actually valid angels uwu, also girls who don't like mixing with bitchy girls are stupid sluts who deserve to die"
they just strike me as the catty bitches in school who went around spreading rumors and bullying others mercilessly and want to feel validated about it. They're pretty much a SJW if they never grew out of the mean girl phase.

Fatafata

kiwifarms.net
After KF Movie Night, I got recommended this dude called Penguinz0 quite a bit.
How the fuck is he that popular and liked?
Sure, he has some banter going on but every video of his is shallow, boring, low content, poorly researched (if he bothers to research anything at all) trash.
I'm convinced that he got most of his audience when Youtube was a lot less competitive because no way would he do that now with that content. Nowadays, they're just used to watching his stuff daily and don't want to search for something better.
Content aside I cannot watch him because he doesn't iron his shirts. The wrinkles are childish, but so is his level of vernacular

And his fans ruined any old cookingwithjack comments section with their mayo talk.

Reactions: NumberingYourState

ColdOnes

kiwifarms.net
Most Youtube channels that talk about movies (now come to think of it, most communities that are movie-related are terrible, from Twitter to Letterboxd to IMDb). A few notable ones include:
YourMovieSucksDotOrg
Discovered him years ago when I encountered his Top 10 videos which perfectly coincided with me starting to watch independent and foreign movies. I think to this day he's still the only "major" movie-related Youtube channel that actively seeks out foreign movies and try to get an audience to watch them, so I still respect him for that. However, I can't stand the rest of his videos. He seems to think he fully understands everything even though he has only lived in Edmonton and Vancouver in his entire life. He considers anything in a movie that doesn't fit his perception of the world to be a legitimate criticism, even when he's wrong. He might throw around technical lingo like sound editing, sound design, cinematography but he hardly expands on those aspects beyond "it's great". It's always just plot point and characters that don't act in the most rational way regardless of characterization.

ralphthemoviemaker
The epitome of the typical r/movies user. Thinks he knows all about movies because he loves Quentin Tarantino and David Fincher. I also can't stand his ignorance of film history. Any episode of sardonicast that involves talking about movies pre-1990 clearly shows his disinterest in the history of his craft (which to be fair, applies to all three hosts, but he should know better as a student in a film school). He's the complete opposite of Martin Scorsese even though he wants to make movies in a similar, nevermind the fact that Scorsese frequently gushes over classic movies and has taken a lot of inspiration from them). As for his videos, they're a mixed bag. The Mystery Diners is still my favourite video of his and nothing else comes close after that.

Mainstream Movie Analysis Channels (Lessons From the Screenplay, Lindsay Ellis, Nerdwriter1, Now You See It etc..)
Coonsumers who think they know shit because they overanalyze summer blockbusters to the point it becomes irritating. Every video that they produce come across as incredibly shallow to me, probably due to them being smug elite coastal city liberals. I've learned nothing from them at all not just in terms of filmmaking, but in film theory as well. I hardly find their insight valuable or surprising in any way. Every Frame a Painting wannabes with the depth of a kid's swimming pool.

Any of the "[insert movie here] explained" channels
Not just annoying thumbnails, but hate their overemphasis on plot rather than themes and ideas. I honestly think their videos discourages people from thinking about the movies they watched since theories will spoonfed to them.

Last edited:

Celandine

Anime connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
I never enjoyed Shane Dawson's content. I don't hate the guy per se but I didn't found him particularly funny in his old content and I don't really enjoy his new stuff either. He also spreads misinformation in some of his videos and ends up defending the wrong people (like in the case of Tana Mongeau and Eugenia Cooney). Also (this is just a nitpick) but his voice really irritates me for some reason.

Reactions: FluffyTehFennekin

Megaroad 2012

I'M SO FUCKED UP.
kiwifarms.net
ReviewTechUSA

The guy floods his channel with redundant rumors like a bored gaming journalist who hasn't been bitten woke yet, speaking of which he sits on the fence on censorship and comes across as a guy who'd pull a Mundane Matt once he stops hitting the proverbial plateau quality. His content, albeit tolerable, becomes far less so when he touches the turd on Boogie2988, DarkSydePhil, and WingsofRedemption. He thinks any LOLCow got their reputation for being receptive to expert feedback, like nigga you don't pretend to care and expect them to listen at the same time. They never cared, they never listen, and it won't be until absolute ruin that anything changes. Worst case scenario someone dies from their destructive behavior with the net best being someone else becomes better for it, and Rich is probably going to pretend he gives any shit like Philip DeFaggo.

He considers Boogie a "friend", which is a huge fucking red flag on my radar.
I liked him when he actually reviewed tech.

But I am happy for his weight loss. :semperfidelis:

Reactions: Dubu Kimchi

Mister Qwerty

kiwifarms.net
The Brothers Green had a popular YouTube food channel but they broke up last June so Josh could move to Colorado and start his own channel. Mike took over the old channel and renamed it Pro Home Cooks. I always liked Mike’s videos but up until now I haven’t seen or heard of Josh’s channel so I decided to take a look at it today. Looks like he has embraced the new age musician lifestyle and has written a self-help book. It’s not that I hate Josh but people who are into personal heightened spiritual consciousness are just… oh no

Profilmenn

No, Comrade Premier, it has only begun
kiwifarms.net
I have a friend who really like GreyStillPlays, but I really can't stand him. Every time I try to watch his content it makes my brain feel sore and tired.

Chris Ray Gun ... said Halo 5, was, unironically, a good game.
This same friend also thinks that Halo 5's story was also alright, but from the small amounts I've heard it sounds fucking terrible. I didn't even bother picking up 5, I could see the series was going downhill after 4.

Tags
None