YT 2/11/20 - Live Reading of SNT Vs Sonichu -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Shit will hit the fan 4 Chris
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
See, in my opinion he wasn’t.
View attachment 1141966View attachment 1141967View attachment 1141968
View attachment 1141969
That looks like a really happy, loved kid. You’d never even know he was autistic. It’s not like he was raised as like one of those Russian dog children. Bob and Barb made tangible sacrifices to do what they thought right. They even basically split up for several years, just to keep Chris in a place they thought was good for him. What I find ponderous is more the nature vs nurture aspect. Barb and Bob fucked up on some very crucial aspects, but so do lots of parents. It’s not a death sentence to the kids future, even an autistic one. Chris has had ample opportunity to unfuck that which has been fucked, even in some small measure. He just personally chooses not to at this point.
Yeah, I think Chris & Barb slowly poisoned the home and Bob.

BigTubboWithLittleChina

Aqua Teenatic Jerkop
kiwifarms.net
To derail this philosophical discussion for a moment, a quick word of warning to anyone who's not watched the stream yet: either brace yourself or skip several minutes when the SNT character sings. Hearing Chris screech, repeatedly, 'wun ovah wunnnnnnn' again and again and a-fucking-gain is tantamount to torture. As the OP says, Chris really cannot sing. Wonder if he now thinks that he sounds like Doris Day or Britney Spears, instead of Bing Crosby or Frank Sinatra?

Hogar Grupal

Chris Needs Me
kiwifarms.net
To derail this philosophical discussion for a moment, a quick word of warning to anyone who's not watched the stream yet: either brace yourself or skip several minutes when the SNT character sings. Hearing Chris screech, repeatedly, 'wun ovah wunnnnnnn' again and again and a-fucking-gain is tantamount to torture. As the OP says, Chris really cannot sing. Wonder if he now thinks that he sounds like Doris Day or Britney Spears, instead of Bing Crosby or Frank Sinatra?
The way he pushes his voice, yeah, he believes he is Doris Day or Spears. Cause he "knows what a woman sounds like."

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not gonna lie, Chris of all things make me ponder the concept of being the whole of one's parts more than anything else. I'm sure there's some great piece of fiction out there that does a better job, maybe Flowers for Algernon or something, but Chris is especially profound to me for some reason. He reveals such an awful, depressing truth about the human condition, about being the end result of your surroundings and environment. Yes, Chris was raised in a shitty home, he didn't deserve his upbringing. But, what is Chris? If he actually did get a decent upbringing, would he be Chris anymore? He'd be a different person, who would paradoxically not warrant any pity anymore and thus nobody would ever stop to consider how much he deserves his upbringing. Many people have given up on Chris, they agree he needs a caretaker, that he can no longer make decisions on his own, if he ever even was capable of that, and I'm inclined to agree. Chris isn't at fault for his condition, so his environment must be, but also Chris is actively self-destructive, sealing the fate his environment cursed him with. He truly is an echo, and ode to being a product, utterly helpless to shape his own self and doomed to being a perfect mold of everything that made him.

And maybe some more words, honestly I'm really drunk right now :drink:
Some speculation:
I think there is some things that might help Chris a little, like if he got ADHD meds maybe he’d be less impulsive? His spending habits are clearly a problem.

But Chris seems to have mental problems way beyond the average functioning autistic adult, his shocking lack of theory of mind for example is worse than any other autistic lolcow I’ve seen, and that combined with his narcissism tends to stop him from ever improving himself.

Tennis-Ball-Tony

Coolest cracker in the box
kiwifarms.net
See, in my opinion he wasn’t.
View attachment 1141966View attachment 1141967View attachment 1141968
View attachment 1141969
That looks like a really happy, loved kid. You’d never even know he was autistic. It’s not like he was raised as like one of those Russian dog children. Bob and Barb made tangible sacrifices to do what they thought right. They even basically split up for several years, just to keep Chris in a place they thought was good for him. What I find ponderous is more the nature vs nurture aspect. Barb and Bob fucked up on some very crucial aspects, but so do lots of parents. It’s not a death sentence to the kids future, even an autistic one. Chris has had ample opportunity to unfuck that which has been fucked, even in some small measure. He just personally chooses not to at this point.

Bit of a power level, but my friend has an autistic son, who they're mainstreaming, and he has some of Chris's traits, but the big difference, is that his parents actually care.

For example: You can tell him 3 times over half an hour, to "Get ready for bed", but he'll forget. His mother says that they used to have to actually put him to bed, but after a long time, he starts to learn. They're firm, but never lose their shit.

I played Legos with him a few times and he'll just go off his tangents, can't stop talking about his fantasy world, but if you just interact with him for awhile, you can start building something, and he'll help out, not demand you do what he wants to. That was a BIG thing mainstreaming, was getting him to work with other kids/people.

He still has weird ticks, like if he wants your attention, he'll be kind of over the top, but as long as you acknowledge, and treat him fairly, he'll start to pick up on "ques" from other people.

One of the things they talk about is another autistic kid, whose parents just yell at him and goes absolutely ape shit at any opportunity, who attempted to "mainstream", but because there wasn't effort put into at home, got knocked down to the special ed classes, but they're working.

The take away, is that there needs to be at least some effort. Chris seems to have all those opportunities removed, hidden, or fled from in his life.

Mariposa Electrique

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For example: You can tell him 3 times over half an hour, to "Get ready for bed", but he'll forget. His mother says that they used to have to actually put him to bed, but after a long time, he starts to learn. They're firm, but never lose their shit.
It sounds like he's trying to get away with things because his parents know he's special.

The take away, is that there needs to be at least some effort. Chris seems to have all those opportunities removed, hidden, or fled from in his life.
I don't know. I don't think previous Interventions would have helped much. He's barely above functioning, and didn't speak until 7. I feel like the only Interventions that would have helped with Chris would be something akin to trying to put a wild orangutang in a house. It's still going to fling shit around, but at least you can lock it in the basement and ignore it until it dies.

Mason Verger

was she a great big healthy at any size person?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bit of a power level, but my friend has an autistic son, who they're mainstreaming, and he has some of Chris's traits, but the big difference, is that his parents actually care.

I played Legos with him a few times and he'll just go off his tangents, can't stop talking about his fantasy world, but if you just interact with him for awhile, you can start building something, and he'll help out, not demand you do what he wants to. That was a BIG thing mainstreaming, was getting him to work with other kids/people.

He still has weird ticks, like if he wants your attention, he'll be kind of over the top, but as long as you acknowledge, and treat him fairly, he'll start to pick up on "ques" from other people.

One of the things they talk about is another autistic kid, whose parents just yell at him and goes absolutely ape shit at any opportunity, who attempted to "mainstream", but because there wasn't effort put into at home, got knocked down to the special ed classes, but they're working.

Yeah, and that’s the thing, I can argue either side depending on how I feel on any given day. He’s childhood is mostly theoretical to me, but I can only go back to the numerous occasions where Bob at least really tried to give Chris life advice, only for Chris to scoff at it. From the famous “work on it!” video, which was met with Chris lying and making excuses, his heartfelt letter to Chris, which Chris literally dismissed with an obnoxious “pfffftttt”, to all the mentions Chris makes of bob “nagging” him to pay off X and Y before he can buy Z, there were attempts to set parameters. Bob just didn’t have much in the way to reenforce them. Can’t beat him, can’t kick him out, can’t reason with him. And Chris just learned to take advantage of that. He’s doing it now, he used to be terrified of Barbs headgames, now he shouts lines for to read off camera.

Mason Verger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Since it was specifically done to probe/goad Chris, I don't think so. If it was just a general bit of fanfic, then it could seem a bit odd.
I guess, still weird though. Is Courtney cool with being a character used in a fanfic to goad Chris? Have words put in her mouth? Be assaulted by Chris? I’d feel a kinda way about that.

Mason Verger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
MEEGA NALA KWEESTA!

I think it's perverted that Chris wants to keep enticing a girl that's half his age, Courtney, especially when he claims to be in a married relationship with his fanfiction characters.

MEEGA NALA KWEESTA!
We’ve long established Chris is creepy. But yeah, I guess a good way to get him to move on is to have him read an entire story about them interacting. That ought to do the trick.

Case in point: I’d completely forgotten about this kid, until she was heavily featured in a three hour livestream yesterday.

Mariposa Electrique

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
MEEGA NALA KWEESTA!

I think it's perverted that Chris wants to keep enticing a girl that's half his age, Courtney, especially when he claims to be in a married relationship with his fanfiction characters.

MEEGA NALA KWEESTA!
I want him to get on Tick Toc and sing MLP duets with teenage girls.

Alex Krycek

russian bot
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is there a highlight reel?
Smutley isn’t around anymore, I would do it myself but I can only watch this in bursts and I’ll probably forget like half the shit Chris said or did in between edits.

In all honesty what little I caught live was pretty funny but trying to watch from start to finish is grating because I can’t stand his voice when he tries to sound feminine. To me he just sounds like male Chris but shrieking and there’s times I have to put the video off for some other project. If you wanted me to do it I probably could but his MLP livestreams are more entertaining and I’d rather do a highlight reel of his cat trying to fuck over his favorite game than this.

Tags
None