Yu-Gi-Oh! / Duel Monsters - RIP Dueling Network and YGOPro

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Alright, I've got a fuckton of shit today.
1. Fusion, Synchro, and XYZ monsters are no longer required to be Special Summoned onto the EX monster zones or Link zones (Pendulums got rekt). This also means Halqifibrax is on suicide watch, expect him to be terminated in April.
2. New "Rush Duels" are coming up. From what I've gathered,
*You can Normal Summon multiple times in a single turn
*Every Draw Phase, you draw multiple cards so you always have 5 cards in your hand
*New Rush Duel exclusive cards
*There are time limits to every duel
3. New card format (though it is unknown if this is for Rush Duel cards only or all cards from now) looks like ABSOLUTE SHIT
View attachment 1061077
View attachment 1061078

4. New anime, Yugioh SEVENS is announced (wow much original naming)
View attachment 1061083
5. Seeing as our favorite dragon is already in the promo material, it's highly possible that "old" cards can still be used in the new format (though to what extent I don't know atm)
View attachment 1061084
View attachment 1061085
6. I just bought a Legendary Gold Box and I had possibly the worst combination of new cards. I has a sad.
Just when I thought they couldn't make the game worse they make a format that's worse. They actually managed to make something more stupid than MtG's Pioneer format.

Ravelord

How quickly the tide turns
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I personally like the changes. D/D/D got a nice boost, so did Fluffals. I hope the January list hits Thundras though. 1 colossus and 1 titan should suffice for now.

Ravelord

How quickly the tide turns
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So let me get this straight, Orcust is gonna get a themed Armaggegon Knight, that can also span 2 tokens, preventing Impermanence/Evenly shenanigans and it can also be a Tuner?!‽ Konami, what the hell. I hope now Babel and Galatea are banned, because come on. I love the new train though. Seems gimmicky, but half a board wipe is still good. The Madolche card is also a poggers. Hope we get some reprints on the XYZs though. Some can get really expensive.

• DRINK!
Reactions: ManateeHunter

ManateeHunter

COOOOOOOOOOM
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Selling prices for single cards are EXTREMELY low for today's new box, possibly due to resalers oversaturating the market to claim 20th Secret Rares. Hell, I was able to buy a 20th Secret Rare for The Arrival @ Ignister for about $20, which considering it's the signature card for the final boss character, is almost insultingly low.

Also I love how the new lv 4 Dragonmaid is inaugurated into Jack Atlas fan decks because it's an easily Special Summonable lv 4 non-tuner Dark Dragon monster. But I guess it's only natural a King would have maids in his deck

Last edited:

Dannyboy

kiwifarms.net
Poll going on currently for which unprinted anime theme will be included in 2020's Collector's Pack
https://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/member_vote.action (Need Konami ID and to be set to JP)
Options are
  • Jean Claude Magnum’s “Ninja” Cards
  • Tenma Yako’s “The Wicked” related Cards
  • Alice’s “Doll Parts” Cards
  • Jim Crocodile Cook’s “Fossil” Cards
  • The Crimson Devil’s Servant’s “Abyss” Cards
  • Syd’s “Wheel” Cards
  • Jin/Fortuno’s “Shaman” Cards
  • Takashi Todoroki/Caswell Francis’ “Debugger” Cards
  • Sergy Volkov’s “Thorn Prisoner” Cards
  • Syuzo Hiiragi/Skip Boyle’s “Guts Master”Cards
  • Specter’s “Sunavalon” Cards
  • Blood Shepard’s “Drone” Cards

First round results are 14th and final results are 17th

ManateeHunter

COOOOOOOOOOM
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
At least Konami FINALLY learned no one wants cards with obsolete power in their products. Eternity Code is filled with great cards, so many decks that I need to tinker…

• DRINK!
Reactions: Ravelord

ManateeHunter

COOOOOOOOOOM
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Rush Duels sound like a more autistic version of Speed Duels.
It sounds like a more exceptional version of the Game Boy Yugioh games tbh…

In fact, with rules like that, the only feasible way the game could be balanced out would be if it were like the GB Yugioh games with absolutely minimal effect monsters or magic/trap cards. So basically, we're going to the medieval times baby 😎

I dunno which is worse, Rush Duels or Yugioh Dragoon Monsters.

Dannyboy

kiwifarms.net
Sacred Beast structure officially revealed
731_20200109064248_3S9Vq2gL7zAL6CV3uRY79uGObzwaYEtRUtkAjGLf5MqzMBt4QF1Px6cPvOnJSWYk.png

731_20200109064341_img_1_mxXbQxuU5lAMUGsPKTk8QLllkkPBjvdJgylxmTHf2HqKMYZWp9S5J1gravr9fKIB.png.jpg

Jigen Yuugou Satsu / Dimension Fusion Destruction
Spell Normal
(1) Special Summon 1 “Phantom” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by banishing its materials from your hand, field, and/or GY, ignoring its Summoning conditions. You take no damage from battles involving the Special Summoned monster. If you control “Uria, Lord of Searing Flames”, “Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder’, or “Raviel, Lord of Phantasms”, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card’s activation.

KookiesNKreem

Certified Ignoranus
kiwifarms.net
Sacred Beast structure officially revealed
View attachment 1099007
View attachment 1099008
Jigen Yuugou Satsu / Dimension Fusion Destruction
Spell Normal
(1) Special Summon 1 “Phantom” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by banishing its materials from your hand, field, and/or GY, ignoring its Summoning conditions. You take no damage from battles involving the Special Summoned monster. If you control “Uria, Lord of Searing Flames”, “Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder’, or “Raviel, Lord of Phantasms”, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card’s activation.
Reminder that the community picked this over Madolche reprints.

• Feels

The Lawgiver

We all know what happens to alien spies.
kiwifarms.net
The new protagonist and what i guess is his rival next to him as well as the fire headed antagonist all just look like chinese knockoffs of ape escape's main protagonist, his rival, and the antagonist of the series that's an albino chimpanzee in an underwear shaped helmet. specifically the later game/anime designs for the ape escape characters. There's no way this was just a mistake or a "reference".

• DRINK!

Dannyboy

kiwifarms.net
Reminder that the community picked this over Madolche reprints.
Madolche reprints are in Duel Overload anyway according to the Eternity Code blurb, also confirms next pack has more Plunder Patroll, not that anyone thought otherwise.
" – Duelists who want to be fully prepared should look to Duel Overload to pick up crucial cards for Decks like Dinosaurs, Madolche, and Witchcrafters before strong, new cards for those themes arrive in Eternity Code! "

Other note of interest is they're axing "rare" cards from the set
50 Commons
26 Super Rares
14 Ultra Rares
10 Secret Rares

• Thunk-Provoking

ManateeHunter

COOOOOOOOOOM
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was sorely disappointed with the Plunder Patroll illustrations tbh, I just wanted to play as badass pirates :'(

Also, I think I'll post my Red Dragon Archfiend deck here. If anyone wants to comment or improve it, I'd be delighted.
BFF1275B-8674-4638-AE81-EF95B621D62C.jpeg
051AA3BB-7E32-4BB6-89DD-2E78C3B52055.jpeg
The concept of this deck was to add a different touch to the standard Red Dragon Archfiend deck. Since Jack Atlus had three girls trying their best to woo him throughout the anime, I'd thought it would be interesting to incorporate that element into the deckbuilding by adding three types of female monsters into the deck.

With Crimson Resonator+any Lv4 monster, you can easily access Red Supernova Dragon while either salvaging one Resonator from the Graveyard (Red Rising+Crimson+Creation+Synkron), or heal 2100 Life Points (Rising+Crimson+Redx2). If you use Wildwind's Special Summon effect, you can conserve your Normal Summons for additional combos.

With Chamber Dragonmaid's search effect, you can add either Changeover to fuse a high-level Dragon monster (like Destrudo) for House's Dragon form, or Hospitality for an even more powerful combo. If you have a Lv2 Tuner on the field, you can Synchro Summon a Mudragon, revive Chamber with Hospitality, then Fusion Summon a Red-Eyes Dragoon. Though you can't perform this combo if you've already used Crimson Resonator's effect, it's a handy Plan B to keep in mind in the event you have no means to Summon Supernova.

Witch of the Dark Forest can search almost any monster in this deck. While you cannot activate the searched monster's effect during that turn, Synkron, Wildwind, and Luna's Special Summoning effects are not "activated" effects, therefore becoming ideal candidates to add to your hand. Luna in particular is useful due to it being able to use Witch as its Special Summon cost.

As for other miscellaneous monsters, by Special Summoning Armageddon Knight with Red Resonator's effect, you can send Destorudo to the Graveyard and Synchro Summon Abyss. Holding Legs serves as a searchable Hey, Trunade!, and while it doesn't work against already activated cards, it works as a ruse against Solemn Traps.

Last edited:

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino