Zelda: Breath of the Wild - You got Skyrim in my Zelda!

vertexwindi

PM me and win a free nothing!
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The game's previews have been coming out today, so might as well make a thread.

And man, what a ride have these previews been so far. You can blow up trees and giants will pick it up and use the fucking tree as a weapon. You can tie bombs to balloons and then use the Korok leaf to blow it towards flying enemies. You can ride deer for the full Princess Mononoke experience.

Fuck yes.

Michel

ELECTRIC SAMURAI FROM OTHARD
kiwifarms.net
Preordered mine today.
:optimistic:It had better be fucking good:optimistic:

Somari1996

I have amazing taste
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The more first impression videos I watch, the more it makes me wish March 3rd would arrive already.

Magique

French Chef
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Haha. I can have it at midnight and the store I precommanded it stay open for the special occasion [ for the switch also ].

I'm excited to play this portably for two hours at a time
Bought it on WiiU. Not wasting any money on Switch until I can have a good Bundle.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have the Switch and the game fully paid off and ready to pick up at midnight tonight. Much hype.

Darndirty

Just the kink.
kiwifarms.net
Honestly this is what I've been waiting for since I played ocarina of time, which is still my favorite game of all time. Honestly I don't know if it can live up to that hype, but I'm excited to give it a try, don't have the switch pre-ordered but have been thinking of getting it this weekend just for this title. Don't let me down nintendo!

Dink Smallwood

has an IQ of ⑨
kiwifarms.net
Is there anything different between the Switch and Wii U versions? Because I'm thinking of getting the Wii U one.

Azazel

Top of the Game
kiwifarms.net
Is there anything different between the Switch and Wii U versions? Because I'm thinking of getting the Wii U one.
Very minimal from what I've read. Switch has a slightly higher resolution at 900p (in TV mode) compared to Wii Us 720p. Switch also loads new areas and cut scenes slightly faster. Both version have issues keeping 30FPS (lol nintendo power) when dealing with a lot of stuff on screen, the switch in mobile mode is even worse with this. Keep in mind this game was built on the Wii U and ported to the switch, hence they play almost the same.

RoboticRichardSimmons

Robotic Weight Saint
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Wii U one is objectively the better looking of the two shockingly and you don't have to buy an underwhelming piece of hardware to play a port of a Wii U game.

I got the Wii U version, glad I did because here's what $300 gets you...

1488527302442.png
1488527465933.png
1488527662241.png
1488528580315.png
1488528913147.png

vertexwindi

PM me and win a free nothing!
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They already said that the Switch version would be the same experience, although with a higher resolution and presumably a more stable framerate.

Hui

fυ¢к тнє נαииιєѕ
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Am I weird for thinking this looks bad?

RoboticRichardSimmons

Robotic Weight Saint
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They already said that the Switch version would be the same experience, although with a higher resolution and presumably a more stable framerate.
I find the Switch version to be subjectively more ugly at a lot of points, maybe it was captured off of non-docked mode, but it looks far more muddier than the Wii U version.

Michel

kiwifarms.net
I find the Switch version to be subjectively more ugly at a lot of points, maybe it was captured off of non-docked mode, but it looks far more muddier than the Wii U version.

If you weren't exceptional you'd have figured out the game has a weather system. Look in the bottom right corner. It's cloudy in the switch capture and sunny in the WiiU one.

Hui

fυ¢к тнє נαииιєѕ
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't think that is why he finds it muddier. I think in general the implementation of weather is quite ugly. A 2011 game did it better ffs.

RoboticRichardSimmons

Robotic Weight Saint
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Am I weird for thinking this looks bad?
It's nice to know they're still making PS2 and Gamecube games. Trivia time! Did you know that Valkyrie Profile 2 and a few others ran in 1080i on the PS2, granted it was interlaced, but it still was in 1080! I know BoTW is more about it's mechanics, the world itself and the unscripted events, but the game is not impressive visually. This doesn't bother me but it is a bit of a shock considering what the Wii U was capable of doing (XBX was a gorgeous open world game, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, etc) all looked infinitely better than BoTW.

If you weren't exceptional you'd have figured out the game has a weather system. Look in the bottom right corner. It's cloudy in the switch capture and sunny in the WiiU one.
How do you explain why it looks like shit indoors where weather effects don't matter?

• Agree
Reactions: Hui

Michel

kiwifarms.net
It's nice to know they're still making PS2 and Gamecube games. Trivia time! Did you know that Valkyrie Profile 2 and a few others ran in 1080i on the PS2, granted it was interlaced, but it still was in 1080! I know BoTW is more about it's mechanics, the world itself and the unscripted events, but the game is not impressive visually. This doesn't bother me but it is a bit of a shock considering what the Wii U was capable of doing (XBX was a gorgeous open world game, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, etc) all looked infinitely better than BoTW.

How do you explain why it looks like shit indoors where weather effects don't matter?
The indoor shots all look pretty much identical.

• Agree
Reactions: Hawker Hurricane

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net

Theres actually only one indoor shot and its towards the end. All of the differences in outdoors shots can be explained by different time of day and weather. In fact if you look at the botttom left it will show that in the single shots

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino