Horrorcow Zoe Quinn / Chelsea Van Valkenburg / Locke Valentine / @UnburntWitch / @Primeape / CrashOverride / Hat Box / Old Uncle Anime - Con Artist, Abuser, Sexual Harasser, Drove Alec Holowka to Suicide.

Rekkington

Obama chuckled. "You mean the chaos emeralds?"
kiwifarms.net
I believe it. Zoe right now is trying to reinvent herself with the plastic surgery because she knows that real soon she won't be able to seduce and manipulate anyone
Also big boobs are what chunky girls need to pass as fuckable. See right now she is at a point where she wants to be what's known as "gorgeous," which is what pretty girls call their fat ugly friends who also have a smattering of performative male interests. Like motorcycles and shitty psychobilly music. Love giving blow jobs but say they like Halloween more than Christmas because of course. Zoe has made herself into the gaudy slut that normal girls like to have around for some reason. This might be a better survival tactic long term.

Hell she may be setting herself up for the ultimate refuge for aging feminists and homosexuals: burlesque. Its like women trying to be as cool and funny as drag queens, it's truly awful and perfect for her.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
Hell she may be setting herself up for the ultimate refuge for aging feminists and homosexuals: burlesque. Its like women trying to be as cool and funny as drag queens, it's truly awful and perfect for her.
I think she's dipped her toes in that and abandoned it already. That dollar store Suicide Girls knockoff had some kind of stage show, posted earlier in the thread, and she's already claimed to be a roller derby girl in addition to being a stripper. The burlesque ship has sailed for her and burlesque itself isn't the fad it used to be.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
I think she's dipped her toes in that and abandoned it already. That dollar store Suicide Girls knockoff had some kind of stage show, posted earlier in the thread, and she's already claimed to be a roller derby girl in addition to being a stripper. The burlesque ship has sailed for her and burlesque itself isn't the fad it used to be.
Agreed. Burlesque is a punchline because 99% of the time it’s fat chicks waddling around with a feather boa. Nobody wants to see that shit.

Happy Fish

Happy Fish
kiwifarms.net
Still disappointed calling her "Locke Valentine" (her stupid not-Sucide Girls name) never caught on.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
Still disappointed calling her "Locke Valentine" (her stupid not-Sucide Girls name) never caught on.
Spoils the memory of a decent character in FF6 for a lot of people, I'm glad it didn't stick. Also illustrates how dumb she always was with names. "I'm a boy thief from a JRPG... oh wait now I'm named after the Joker's gf and I have the same middle name as Captain Kirk 🤷‍♀️💋😘"

BlueSpark

kiwifarms.net
Don't forget when she wanted to be a female pro wrestler (and gave up after like two lessons).

Qi Meng Dealer

kiwifarms.net
Spoils the memory of a decent character in FF6 for a lot of people, I'm glad it didn't stick. Also illustrates how dumb she always was with names. "I'm a boy thief from a JRPG... oh wait now I'm named after the Joker's gf and I have the same middle name as Captain Kirk 🤷‍♀️💋😘"
Spoils the memory of a decent character in FF6 AND a cool character from FF7. So that's two fanbases down.

BuckBumble

kiwifarms.net
Wasn't sure if this deserves its own thread, but NYTimes went maximum full exceptional individual with a simultaneous 4 article bomb bitching about Gamergate literally headlined "Everything is Gamergate".

And would you look at that, it's Wu and Jeong.
Quoting myself from another thread cause the NYT did a giant blowfile for GG's 5 year anniversary. Lotsa history rewriting to fit Quinn's version.

Rekkington

kiwifarms.net
Quoting myself from another thread cause the NYT did a giant blowfile for GG's 5 year anniversary. Lotsa history rewriting to fit Quinn's version.

"On August 15, 2014, an angry 20-something ex-boyfriend published a 9,425-word screed and set in motion a series of vile events that changed the way we fight online. The post, which exhaustively documented the last weeks of his breakup with the video game designer Zoë Quinn, was annotated and punctuated with screenshots of their private digital correspondence — emails, Facebook messages and texts detailing fights and rehashing sexual histories. It was a manic, all-caps rant made to go viral. "

Oh yeah, it was a manic, all-caps rant?

Brain Problems

kiwifarms.net
They just cannot for the life of them get this story right, can they? Because admitting that Blowie or John Flynt lied their asses off and aren't immaculate might mean that *gasp* the rest of the shit they said might not be true either and maybe, just maybe, some of the shit the holy warriors of autism were screeching about was right??

No... we can't have that. Let's round up the usual suspects and let them dictate the story because the whole multi-angle idea behind covering something as terrifying as gamergate is so passe and God forbid we hurt someone's feelings.

Water-T

Zach made me clean the shower with my mouth again
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"On August 15, 2014, an angry 20-something ex-boyfriend published a 9,425-word screed and set in motion a series of vile events that changed the way we fight online. The post, which exhaustively documented the last weeks of his breakup with the video game designer Zoë Quinn, was annotated and punctuated with screenshots of their private digital correspondence — emails, Facebook messages and texts detailing fights and rehashing sexual histories. It was a manic, all-caps rant made to go viral. "

Just take their word for it, because if you even think about looking at it, you automatically turn into a Nazi Pedo Rapist MRA Fascist Trump Voter that eats babies.

Snowflake Buster

Bustin' special snowflakes makes me feel good
kiwifarms.net

It was mention on KYM too.
kymgg5th.png

Rekkington

kiwifarms.net
It was mention on KYM too.
View attachment 893935
I love how this is playing out, because this is how it was interpreted in their heads. At the time whey were all spazzing out and losing their shit, but now we get a real peek into their psyche. Like they read that Zoepost and saw an all-caps psychotic manifesto. Those nude pics they thought were leaks, instead of her own Suicide-Girls-Knockoff shit that was publicly available. Even if it's publicly available, if it falls into the wrong hands, it's doxing.

Just line by line, let's just appreciate this as a great case study into how these maniacs actually view the world.

EDIT: One thing I noticed which is very funny, look at that little interactive video they have at the top there of the NYT one, with the cursors swarming your cursor. See how it develops. In reality there are like 20 of them, but over time their trails remain which makes it look bigger and more prevalent than it really is. It literally fills the screen and looks chaotic, even though it's 20 people. A fantastic metaphor for the psychology of this entire fiasco.

Last edited:

RisingPheonix

I came here to squark at you
kiwifarms.net
I love how this is playing out, because this is how it was interpreted in their heads. At the time whey were all spazzing out and losing their shit, but now we get a real peek into their psyche. Like they read that Zoepost and saw an all-caps psychotic manifesto.
The irony is that sadly - despite it being linked, anyone who dared click and risk becoming another "incel gamer trump voting bigot" would see that was a lie.

Eron spends most of the Zoepost making it very clear that he didn't want trouble, but at the same time, couldn't condone the way he was treated while knowing this person had reasonable sway in the indie community. That's before you get to the logs where they agree on their terms that cheating and having sex after is second hand rape (stupid as that is) and she promptly does that anyway, or when she's away sucking dicks - but giving Eron the 3rd degree because he went over to comfort a sick female friend.

But the playbook for the press has always been to dress up the Zoepost as something so horrible, that clicking on the link itself would lead to something that would offend your eyes and maybe your mother for good measure.

AprilRains

Drowning Pumpkin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But the playbook for the press has always been to dress up the Zoepost as something so horrible, that clicking on the link itself would lead to something that would offend your eyes and maybe your mother for good measure.
When pyramid scheme emails were more common (or, perhaps, spam filtering was less effective), it was oddly common for them to include a link a USPS page on the law governing these. The emails would claim that the page proved that what they were doing was legal. The linked page said just the opposite!

I concluded, after a while, that the kind of person who would fall for the scam wouldn't click the link. Either they were too trusting to do so, or they wanted so much to believe in the scheme that they wouldn't want to check it.

I think the same thing applies here, and that almost all of the NYT's faithful readers fall into the second category.