• ”I'm the kind of guy who walks around my college campus, discussing grisly crime scene details into an RCA handheld voice recorder.”

Dramacow Zoe Quinn / Chelsea Van Valkenburg / Locke Valentine / @UnburntWitch / @Primeape / CrashOverrideCunt, slept with 5 guys, Con Artist, ruined own life & blamed neckbeards, ANTIFA field medic

Discussion in 'Lolcows' started by anusaurus, Nov 7, 2015.

Forum Guidelines

Lolcows are people and groups whose eccentric or foolish behavior can be "milked" for amusement and laughs. They are not countries, political figures, celebrities, your highschool bully, or some random YouTuber who doesn't involve himself in drama.

• Be civil.

Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.

• Hide your powerlevel.

Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. This is not your blog and we are not an asylum.

• Don't backseat moderate.

You are not a moderator. You do not decide if a thread is to remain open or not. You do not decide if someone is a lolcow or not.

• Don't white knight.

Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately. True lolcows reject advice.

• Do not create topics about forum members.

If you believe someone discovered by their account on the forum deserves a thread, ask staff first.

• No trolling plans.

We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.

• Topic titles should contain aliases.

Keep thread titles as brief as possible and use all their different usernames.

• Archive everything.

Use archival tools to preserve content forever. Upload directly to posts where applicable.

Article Available:
The Lolcow Wiki has an article on Zoe Quinn
  1. MOD EDIT: OP is old and lackluster, please read the Lolcow Wiki linked above to read all about what makes Chelsea Van Valkenberg (Zoe Quinn) a lolcow, if you don't want to read over 400 pages of content.

If this belongs in another thread, my apologies; I looked and couldn't find one to post this in.
    Zoe's GG memoir is being vetted for a movie, which will undoubtedly bring up all the corruption and censorship issues that were never really dealt with.

http://www.thewrap.com/gamergate-movie-scarlett-johansson-amy-pascal-zoe-quinn/

Apparently they're trying to get Scarlet Johansson to play the role of Zoe...

• Informative Informative x 36
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    #1 anusaurus, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2018
    anusaurus

anusaurus the ass is love

kiwifarms.net
    • Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 1
    Alan Pardew

Alan Pardew Everything has its time and everything dies.
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. Didn't think to look for gamergate, duh on my part. I checked for Zoe, Quinn and SJW as thread titles and didn't see anything that wasn't locked.
    I'm sure she's going to be doing interviews soon, which could be full of ridiculous claims about how she was unfairly targeted by those big bad online gamers.

• Informative Informative x 6
    anusaurus

anusaurus the ass is love

kiwifarms.net
    • Like Like x 2
    The Colonel

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. It's really depressing that this charlatan (and others like her) gets to see so much media coverage. Not to mention the fact that it's just going to make gamers look even worse than they already do thanks to GG. What a progressive era we live in! wow
    Bet you anything they're going to downplay the whole "she was a manipulative cheating bitch and that's why her ex was so upset" angle, too.

• Feels Feels x 32
    • Agree Agree x 16
    wheat pasta

wheat pasta You're not real! Fuck you!

kiwifarms.net
  4. Don't forget trampling the Constitution and using a law intended to protect real abuse victims to silence criticism of herself, possibly creating a precedent weakening these tools for real victims.

• Agree  x 35
    • Feels  x 5
    • Like  x 1
    • Winner  x 1
    • Informative  x 1
    AnOminous

AnOminous 20 year stellar government career
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  5. I wouldn't get my hopes up. They may try to spin this into an movie about a woman attempting to overcome institutional oppression. Hollywood isn't exactly known for strictly following the facts, especially if they think the facts get in the way of a successful movie either critically or commercially. And I think I could see critics blindly praising a movie about a woman attempting to overcome institutional oppression.

• Agree Agree x 6
    The Giver

The Giver Better at Inertia than Galileo

kiwifarms.net
  6. Isn't it weird that this book is not even close to being released and there are already talks about a movie? Harry Potter took at least 4 years before the first book turned into a movie. Or is this kind of thing normal?

Also, for such an important and accomplished gamedev and totally not a con artist, there's been barely no mention or updates about Camp's Not Dead (some FMV game with Greg Sestero) or Rebel Jam. CNP was last updated in November of last year, and who the fuck knows where Rebel Jam is.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    Dork Of Ages

Dork Of Ages Sopa de Macaco

kiwifarms.net
  7. If it's made it will be as fucking ridiculous as that SVU episode.

• Agree Agree x 23
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    AnOminous

kiwifarms.net
  8. Hopefully.

But what if they get a really talented screenwriter that just takes the bare bones outline of the story and doesn't care about the facts?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    The Giver

kiwifarms.net
  9. What the fuck is there to cover in a movie? Are we going to see 2 hours of Scarlett Johansson checking twitter and looking sad?

Will she be able to get the cap off?

• Winner Winner x 102
    • Like Like x 6
    Batman VS Tony Danza

Batman VS Tony Danza The Eternal Struggle

kiwifarms.net
  10. it's going to be about the GamerGate controversy of 2014. that was when a bunch of men formed an elite team to terrorize women and minorities because they couldn't get laid. Zoe Quinn was the main target because she's extremely attractive and intelligent, which makes men uncomfortable. the movie will document her remarkable triumphs dealing with GamerGate and will hopefully inspire all men to buy point and click video "games" about mood disorders.

• Winner  x 16
    • Feels  x 6
    • Like  x 2
    • Semper Fidelis  x 1
    • Islamic Content  x 1
    • Optimistic  x 1
    MACH-IV

MACH-IV DO NOT DOWNVOTE

kiwifarms.net
  11. Considering some of the people in it are basically real people, portraying them as villains and criminals would make it worthwhile for some contingency lawyer to sue everyone involved for libel.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    AnOminous

kiwifarms.net
  12. Forgive my ignorance of law (totally not my bag), but I was imagining something akin to The Social Network. That movie was very well written (One of my fav movies of the past few years, tbh) and definitely unfair to some of the people involved. Why would the case of the Zoe Quinn film be any different?

Specifically, how would the treatment of certain personalities in the Zoe Quinn film differ from the negative treatment of the Winklevoss twins in Social Network?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    The Giver

kiwifarms.net
  13. They were portrayed as gigantic douchebags, which they kind of are, but not as criminals or anything actionable. Just being portrayed as a douchebag isn't libelous. It's also not like the Winkelvoss twins are shy about suing, either.

Zuckerberg also didn't come off very well.

Another major difference is people like Eron Gjoni are not public figures who can basically be criticized at will. He might be a limited public figure of some sort in relation to matters of public interest he's become involved in, but he's not really an all purpose public figure, like Zuckerberg or (arguably) the Winkelvoss twins.

So without libelous portrayals of a bunch of people Quinn has smeared, you don't really have a movie. Anyone putting money into it would want to water down that shit, so you might have composite characters made up of a number of people and then portray that guy as a villain, while claiming any resemblance to actual people is coincidental.

Basically, if the movie came out the way SJWs would want it to, it would be libel bait.

Since nobody wants to wander into that quagmire, though, they'll have to water it down. So the SJWs are likely to hate any libel-proofed version of this story about a swindling con artist being portrayed as a victim.

• Informative Informative x 15
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    AnOminous

kiwifarms.net
  14. I guess that just feels completely viable to me. A good screenwriter would know to collapse those people into one non-recognizable character. And the overall narrative wouldn't have to change that much, regardless of how far from reality the film's narrative would stray.

On the whole, I guess what I am saying is that Hollywood is into using that shit as a means to baiting good reviews (and awards) despite the facts. And I could see them trying to pull that shit in the case of Zoe Quinn.

• Agree Agree x 2
    The Giver

kiwifarms.net
  15. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Um... they look about as similar as Father Abaddon to my RL self.

• Feels Feels x 17
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    DykesDykesChina

DykesDykesChina Human/Science
    Deceased

kiwifarms.net
  16. yea Scarlet Johansson just isn't pretty enough to play Zoe.

• Like  x 7
    • Winner  x 5
    • Agree  x 3
    • Feels  x 3
    • Informative  x 1
    MACH-IV

MACH-IV DO NOT DOWNVOTE

kiwifarms.net
  17. So when the movie flops, will she blame gamergate too?

• Like Like x 18
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    The Colonel

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. A movie?

I guarantee it's a online, straight to DVD, independent film that only Tumblr will watch

• Optimistic Optimistic x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.