• Laugh, and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.
  1. The site is being DDoS attacked again. They've changed their bot behavior since last time. I've added a mandatory CAPTCHA at a Cloudflare level. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Dramacow Zoe Quinn / Chelsea Van Valkenburg / Locke Valentine / @UnburntWitch / @Primeape / CrashOverrideCunt, slept with 5 guys, Con Artist, ruined own life & blamed neckbeards, ANTIFA field medic

Discussion in 'Lolcows' started by anusaurus, Nov 7, 2015.

Forum Guidelines

Lolcows are people and groups whose eccentric or foolish behavior can be "milked" for amusement and laughs. They are not countries, political figures, celebrities, your highschool bully, or some random YouTuber who doesn't involve himself in drama.

• Be civil.

Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.

• Hide your powerlevel.

Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. This is not your blog and we are not an asylum.

• Don't backseat moderate.

You are not a moderator. You do not decide if a thread is to remain open or not. You do not decide if someone is a lolcow or not.

• Don't white knight.

Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately. True lolcows reject advice.

• Do not create topics about forum members.

If you believe someone discovered by their account on the forum deserves a thread, ask staff first.

• No trolling plans.

We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.

• Topic titles should contain aliases.

Keep thread titles as brief as possible and use all their different usernames.

• Archive everything.

Use archival tools to preserve content forever. Upload directly to posts where applicable.

Article Available:
The Lolcow Wiki has an article on Zoe Quinn
  1. Yup. I got taken in by Gone Home as well, my friend. You're not alone.

Pissed me off too. I was expecting a creepy adventure/puzzle game, and got a lesbian love story walking simulator. The nicest thing I could say about it was that it was neat being able to interact with damn near every object in the house, but still...

• Feels Feels x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    Capsaicin Addict

Capsaicin Addict Just a fellow who loves spicy food.

kiwifarms.net
  2. Leigh Alexander did not understand that she was paid to run promotion for it though, she thought they paid her to consult on the game. That's... I mean at some point she must have wondered WHY she got 20k despite not doing any kind of work, I know that I have nightmares where I find myself getting paychecks for work that I can't do because I don't know what my job is, but with Patreons and the entitled "PAY ME FOR BEING ME" mentality it's maybe not that big of a mystery why she cashed the check and never looked back.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Smaug's Smokey Hole

Smaug's Smokey Hole Fus Ro Dank

kiwifarms.net
  3. To be fair, most of the excitement about The Witness was because it was Jon Blow's most recent game after Braid. Unlike Gone Home and Sunset, Jon had actually managed to put out an entertaining game before.

(Note: Personally I didn't like Braid and think that Soulja Boy had the best take on the game, but it WAS a game and not a walking simulator so props to him for that)

• Agree Agree x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  4. Gaming bloggers (they’re not journalists) got easy access to indie game devs and became friends with them. Often times living in the same city, attending the same events, etc because real game devs at big studios weren’t as accessible.
    I don’t think people fell for it again with Tacoma. I haven’t seen any discussion or shit talking on Tacoma that people did with Gone Home so it’s pretty obvious it didn’t sell.

It also didn’t receive the same glowing praise Gone Home did. Who cares, fuck Steve Gaynor and fullbright.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  5. If I recall correctly, Gone Home also dropped before Steam instituted their refund policy. It wouldn't surprise me if GH's blatant false advertising was one more thing pushing Valve to adopt refunds.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Capsaicin Addict

Capsaicin Addict Just a fellow who loves spicy food.

kiwifarms.net
  6. You can blame Arkham City for that. if you'll recall it just didn't run at all on quite a few PCs.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. This. A lot of WB games haven't run too much better.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Jaimas

Jaimas Czeching Your Privilege
    True & Honest Fan Wiki Sysop

kiwifarms.net
  8. One of the best laughs I had in a while was after the Steam refund policy started a bunch of small indie developers where melting down that people where refunding their arthouse "game" in record numbers since all the content could be experience in less then 2 hours.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  9. The refund policy is the best thing Steam has done since it came into existence.

• Agree Agree x 24
    AnOminous

AnOminous sittin in the fabled catbird seat
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  10. We still see the aftershocks of that to this day, with Jim Sterling whining that Steam is a terrible place for his indie buddies because they have to share a platform with the Steam Direct/Greenlight shit that their indie hipster douche crap is no better than.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Jaimas

Jaimas Czeching Your Privilege
    True & Honest Fan Wiki Sysop

kiwifarms.net
  11. I've asked for refunds on a total of 4 games. 1 was a game that wouldn't run for shit on my set up and the other 3 were indie games that I either finished or got bored of after an hour.

• Informative Informative x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  12. While these games and their pissed customers likely helped in forming the refund policy, the biggest push was probably due to Valve being in Australian consumer rights court and getting its shit pushed in on issues such as the no refunds policy. I believe many other Commonwealth and EU countries with similar laws saw how the case was unfolding and were starting to eyeball Valve for a great big fucking.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  13. I didn't know anything about Gone Home because I didn't have internet at the time, just saw that it had a high score on Metacritic and something about scary/creepy/whatever. So I downloaded it, stood on the porch, found the key/note and walked in. That's when it clicked and I saw through the whole thing, this wasn't a horror game and there would be nothing like that in it. I also found the note from the electrician so I turned the lights off when leaving rooms, so there were no creaking and lights shutting off and not for a split second did I believe the red bathtub had blood in it and so on.

The reason I knew those things was because I quickly got a sense of the technical limitations of the people making the game, their skill level, so it was easy to figure out what wouldn't/couldn't be in the game and that narrowed things down to what the game and developers would be able to pull off well enough to get good reviews. So I knew that the sister would be gone, you wouldn't find her alive or dead and no other character would be encountered, because this isn't a game with tricky things like character models and animation or CG movies(just like Fire Watch etc) so when the sister turned out to be gone(or when you never saw/met Delilah in Firewatch)... It was expected.

I still liked the game, I like rummaging around in other people's stuff, but I mostly enjoyed predicting their tricks, twists and attempt at sleight of hand through game design 101 before it happened.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Smaug's Smokey Hole

Smaug's Smokey Hole Fus Ro Dank

kiwifarms.net
  14. I personally enjoyed the part where the goblin king challenges you to a 1v1 rocket launcher duel after that your lesbo sister got murdered by his robot guardian.

20190111_075627.jpg

Hate to break it to ya bitches, but reading amature stories about gays doing dumb shit has been around from the very first livejournal post and internet fanfic.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  15. A short summary of this Milkshake lover's Marvel work as writer:
    upload_2019-1-11_10-8-19.png

spin-offs, one-shots, basically picking up the scraps other writers were leaving on the jungle floor.

I'm rather disgusted by the back-patting and circle-jerking these two are doing right now. It somehow churns my stomach worse than the incestuous game jobs and credits folks were giving each other in 2013. Maybe because it's now monthly instead of one piece of shit per year?

• Winner Winner x 7
    kiwifarms.net
  16. fucking kill me

• Feels Feels x 5
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    Rekkington

Rekkington Obama chuckled. "You mean the chaos emeralds?"

kiwifarms.net
  17. "The Totally Awesome Hulk" has a different name than "The Incredible Hulk" because this hulk is not Bruce Banner, but instead a young super genius (they literally suggest he is smarter than some in-universe gods) Korean named Amadeus Cho. I never read much of it but the wiki page makes it sound like pure fanfiction-tier garbage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadeus_Cho

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  18. Here, have some cancer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 3
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  19. AUTISM INCOMING:

This makes me unreasonably annoyed. The whole fucking point about the Hulk is he is uncontrollable and invincible rage who has the unhinged capability of harming friends and enemies alike. Him being used as a weapon is either a weakness in Banner's emotional state, or him looking for unreasonable revenge (character flaw.) So now he is just a giant invincible genius who can talk in math and never has to change back?

This is what bugs me about all the new MCU stuff: none of them really have any flaws and none of them have rigidly defined powers. When you watch the movies they seem to be all vaguely powerful, they all are super strong and can almost fly and some can shoot generic lasers. Thor, Scarlett Witch, Dr. Strange, Iron Man, pretty much all of these fight scenes are interchangeable and involve beams of energy. And in the last Thor movie Hulk is just a guy you can talk to and hang out with.
    Tony Stark being an erratic alcoholic could have been a great character study and character flaw, but fuck that. We need banter. We need How I Met Your Mother quips. They're not cute enough. We're appealing to women, we need someone to pause and go "um... did he JUST say that?"

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Rekkington

Rekkington Obama chuckled. "You mean the chaos emeralds?"

kiwifarms.net
  20. Well, if you're wondering why comic readership has been on a sharp decline - there you go.

If you want more cancer that black chick is the "new" Iron Man, a super genius girl from Chicago who is even smarter than Tony Stark and is able to build her own Iron Man suit at age 15. I believe she's billed as "The Invincible Ironheart".

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.