Dramacow Zoe Quinn / Chelsea Van Valkenburg / Locke Valentine / @UnburntWitch / @Primeape / CrashOverride - Cunt, slept with 5 guys, Con Artist, ruined own life & blamed neckbeards, ANTIFA field medic

kaien

kiwifarms.net
That was Marvel's Angela, the Spawn angel they managed to negotiate away from Todd McFarlane & retconned her into Thor's long-lost sister. The concept had potential but they handed it off to a cunt who tanked it. Which may have been intentional, that could be a long overdue "fuck you" to Todd for the bad blood when he left Marvel after gifting them Venom and going off to make his own comic book and toy company to great financial success.
Can't say that feels too likely? Angela was never Todd's character -- she was Neil Gaiman's character, created for the issue of Spawn he guest-wrote way back in the day. The legal beef between Gaiman and Mcfarlane over Angela and Miracleman and everything else is a really long story, but I recommend reading up on it sometime, it has a great twist ending. Anyway, by that point botching Angela as a solo character would have stuck it to Gaiman far more so than Todd, and Marvel had no beef with Gaiman.

When an American comic book publisher fucks something up, it almost always happens just because American comic book publishers are run by a bunch of fuckups.

Last edited:

Brain Problems

kiwifarms.net
Can't say that feels too likely? Angela was never Todd's character -- she was Neil Gaiman's character, created for the issue of Spawn he guest-wrote way back in the day. The legal beef between Gaiman and Mcfarlane over Angela and Miracleman and everything else is a really long story, but I recommend reading up on it sometime, it has a great twist ending. Anyway, by that point botching Angela as a solo character would have stuck it to Gaiman far more so than Todd, and Marvel had no beef with Gaiman.
Off-topic sort of but is there a place you recommend to read up on it? My cursory search is giving me "just the facts ma'am" results.

Reactions: TheRealDerekSmart

Water-T

Let's go crunch some numbers!
kiwifarms.net

When an American comic book publisher fucks something up, it almost always happens just because American comic book publishers are run by a bunch of fuckups.
When Marvel got Angela, they essentially tacked on She-Ra's origin to her

Royalty had boy/girl twins
The girl gets kidnapped and taken to another dimension
Girl is fed false history
Everyone else is made to forget her existence
Brother is a blond, muscular dude with an enchanted weapon
Sister is hot chick in skimpy outfit with winged headdress

Why has Mattel not fucking sued Marvel yet?

kaien

kiwifarms.net
Off-topic sort of but is there a place you recommend to read up on it? My cursory search is giving me "just the facts ma'am" results.
This piece from the Hollywood Reporter is a good rundown of the dispute over Gaiman's contribution to Spawn and how it ended. There's a side-story to it that I can tell mostly off the top of my head, because it's one of my favorite goofy comics industry tales...

1982: Editor Dez Skinn and UK publisher Quality Communications launch Warrior, a comics magazine conceived to capture an older audience that's growing out of the popular 2000AD anthology (the home of Judge Dredd). One of its flagship strips is a modern deconstruction and re-imagining of 40s-vintage British superhero Marvelman, written by a young up-and-comer named Alan Moore.

The '80s: Warrior's commercial fortunes are never better than variable, but Marvelman is massively influential, one of the definitive adult-oriented treatments of the superhero genre. The series is picked up for publication in America by Eclipse Comics, one of the bigger indie comics companies of the time, and retitled Miracleman to avoid trademark grief with Marvel Comics. After Warrior folds, Eclipse continues publishing new material by Moore. Meanwhile Moore also writes Watchmen and becomes a world-famous author and cranky weirdo.

1990: Moore hands off the Miracleman series to Neil Gaiman, who writes two more arcs worth of material. His planned conclusion to the series goes on hold, however, when...

1994: ...Eclipse goes the way of most every '80s indie comics publisher and dies.

1996: Todd McFarlane, at this point richer than God off the success of Spawn, buys up the various IP assets left over from Eclipse's collapse, including (he assumes) Miracleman. As mentioned in the Hollywood Reporter article, he and Gaiman attempt to settle their dispute over Angela and Medieval Spawn by doing a swap: Todd gets the Spawn characters and Gaiman gets Miracleman.

2001: McFarlane decides to use Miracleman in one of his own series anyway, kicking off a protracted court battle with Gaiman. This goes on for years and years, until...

2009: ...it emerges in the course of the legal dispute that all the way back in the beginning of our story, Dez Skinn had pulled a fast one. Quality Communications never secured the rights to use the Marvelman character in Moore's original stories, instead gambling (pretty successfully, it turns out) that the character was too old and its creators and owners too disinterested to object if they ever noticed someone else was using it. Todd has essentially been in receipt of stolen goods all these years and probably feels pretty stupid about it. Marvel Comics does the legwork to license a reprint of Miracleman and original creator Mick Anglo finally gets compensated at the age of something like 92.

Now you know the rest of the story and I turn off my Paul Harvey voice.

Last edited:

Oh Shit I'm Sorry

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
kiwifarms.net

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 876156

Mainstream video game "journalists" protecting Zoe Quinn as usual and saying it's somehow gamergates fault she's a liar and stole money.
If this were an other issue Jason “kill Palestinian children” Schreier cared about he’d say he cares about both issues. Suddenly he’s wringing his hands saying “why aren’t you talking about these OTHER kickstarters, why focus on Zoe durrrr.”

I mean people have talked about other Kickstarter scams and failures, they really enjoy bringing up Zoe’s since everyone said she’s a scammer before, during, and after gamergate. They like being proven right and she deserves to be called out because $85k is a lot of money. She scammed all that money for a game jam too but Zoe attempted to shield herself from critics by shrieking “muh harassment” and her pathetic orbitere enabled her scamming too.

BlueSpark

kiwifarms.net

Smaug's Smokey Hole

too many youtube makeup videos
kiwifarms.net
I have always agreed with "games are for everyone". It is a harmless and artistic expression and exploration just like music, it's a play on things, it belongs to everyone but we should ban rap-music and it's not because I'm a racist I just fucking hate those...

edit: I also blame black people for my failure as a rapper.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino