Dragon Ball Thread - Includes Z and Super (and GT if you really want to talk about that); also includes Abridged

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

RX-78

kiwifarms.net
Sadly Super Hero doesn’t seem to have gotten as much sales as Broly (until another report is posted because this is 2 days vs. 3 days), but with everything this movie had going against it, 685 million yen is still pretty damn impressive. By no means a domestic flop, but definitely would have outperformed the other movies on the original release date.
Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO - “Blockbuster Thank-You Stage Greeting” will be held on Saturday, June 25th. Timing: 7:25 PM (JST) Guests: Masako Nozawa & Toshio Furukawa

Superhero may not have sold as many tickets as Broly did, but some one at Bamco sure seems happy with it.

Pina Colada

Class Act with a World Class Rack
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Super Hero Sales finally cracked 1 billion (a week later)! It's worth nothing that while this does prove Gohan and Piccolo sell and have their slice of fans, it's disappointing that they can't support/carry the franchise on their backs in favor of Goku & Vegeta & the Amazing Technicolor Forms (or hack writing, but that's serialization for ya). At least we know it made back its budget.
Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO - “Blockbuster Thank-You Stage Greeting” will be held on Saturday, June 25th. Timing: 7:25 PM (JST) Guests: Masako Nozawa & Toshio Furukawa

Superhero may not have sold as many tickets as Broly did, but some one at Bamco sure seems happy with it.
A lot of fans are gunning on the Super anime coming back, but others are also cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
Super Hero Sales finally cracked 1 billion (a week later)! It's worth nothing that while this does prove Gohan and Piccolo sell and have their slice of fans, it's disappointing that they can't support/carry the franchise on their backs in favor of Goku & Vegeta & the Amazing Technicolor Forms (or hack writing, but that's serialization for ya). At least we know it made back its budget.

A lot of fans are gunning on the Super anime coming back, but others are also cautiously optimistic.
Hopefully they just go straight into adapting the Moro arc or just do something completely original.

RX-78

kiwifarms.net

Japan's economy is just as deep in the crapper as the rest of the world, so the global recession can be partially to blame for the smaller revenue on top of being released in fewer theaters. The main thing bamco is going to care about is merchandise/vidya, so how successful Superhero really was is in the hands of phone whales.

God, what a world we live in.
Hopefully they just go straight into adapting the Moro arc or just do something completely original.
Going into Moro off the bat would fill the action quota and make Buu's fans happy if nothing else. Assuming Granola is also adapted, I think its time to push into the end of Z and introduce Uub as a real character.

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
Latest chapter of Super was interesting.
Vegeta got bodied as expected, but Goku's planning to use "his" version of Ultra Instinct to take on Gas, aka Omen. Seems like Gas's time is running out since the final panel shows him looking pretty old.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
Latest chapter of Super was interesting.
Vegeta got bodied as expected, but Goku's planning to use "his" version of Ultra Instinct to take on Gas, aka Omen. Seems like Gas's time is running out since the final panel shows him looking pretty old.
I absolutely love that Vegeta has turned jobbing into his next power up, and yet still jobs with it.

RX-78

kiwifarms.net
I absolutely love that Vegeta has turned jobbing into his next power up, and yet still jobs with it.
jobeta laments.gif

It is his most natural state of being after all.
Edit: Weaponized teleportation is a great idea, why did no one else think of this?

Hembruh

kiwifarms.net
I actually really dug the new movie. the animation was fucked but it was enough of my sensibilities story wise to deal with.
piccolo getting his new form the way he did was retarded though, and the villains being RR remnant and kaiju cell sucked ass. that being said there were enough piccolo, gohan, and pan character moments that were very good that I can look past that. the fact gohan busts out the fuckin' special beam cannon was beautiful. his new form is fuckin' weird and I don't really know what the fuck it is supposed to be but whatever, easily imo the best animated DB thing we have gotten in the last decade, definitely the only one I can say I've liked although Broly was a def improvement over BotG/RF/Super the series.
unrelated but with the hype for this movie although I know it's just a mediocre commercial for something we don't have but I am surprised that funimation hasn't wrestled out rights for Dragon Ball Heroes to re-edit them into movies they can sell. that or even the 08 jump fiesta ova, plan to eradicate the sayians, and episode of bardock I am also shocked they haven't released as a dubbed DB OVA collections. while the iron is hot it'd make sense to do a few random dvd/blu releases of that shit and the first few heroes arcs. I probably wouldn't buy them because most of that stuff all sucks but people would eat that shit up there are lots of casuals and dub only people out there who probably don't know they exist and would go ape shit.

Hembruh

kiwifarms.net
The original version of that was a video game walkthrough. That's why it wasn't dubbed.
well yeah I wasn't talking about that. I should have specified super sayians but I figured everyone would know what I was talking about considering I listed the late 2000s/early 10's ovas in order, I could still see the original being released on the same disc as like a subbed only bonus feature or something. it was released and advertised as a two part strategy guide for the famicom game, but has anyone ever actually watched it? it's not that at all really. it's just the plot animated. they use a couple seconds of gameplay footage of the world map whenever scenes transition but the game is a card based rpg and the OVAs have like no gameplay strats whatsoever (unless on the original tapes they had that shit before or after the animated portions I have no idea). the footage was repurposed for two playdia games with some additional footage added where it would actually have made sense as a guide because you make choices like a laserdisc game to progress the plot. years ago I had seen what I thought was both parts and having known they were released as guides figured that was it, but way later I ended up with a rip of the dragon box release of it and what I had seen on youtube like 10 years ago was actually playdia walkthroughs and was super confused just how the fuck the original versions were supposed to be a guide for the original game. but anyways if they wanted to it would take no time to edit the 5 minutes or less of famicom imagery out or just release as is subbed with a thing in the beginning explaining what it was so people wouldn't be like why do they randomly show an 8 bit map a few times? regardless I seriously doubt they ever will dub any of the OVAs or Heroes shit and I don't care because I don't think any of it would be worth the time or effort, but I do think any of that material would be a quick and easy dub project to boost some home video sales from people who just buy anything DB, are just riding hype for a new movie, or maybe don't know about some of that stuff.

SSj_Ness

Time to rape organized crime
kiwifarms.net
I would say his candy beam makes it difficult to write fights for him, but on the other hand if Jiren can break a time trap then there would be nothing unusual about a new bad guy being so strong he flat out flexes his way out of the spell. I think the main problem is Buu is infamous for plot holes and no one wants to take the time to course correct.
That's basically what Vegito did halfway, he was turned to candy but it didn't fully effect him, leaving his full power intact. That's the general rule, if someone is strong enough they can resist basically anything, at least to a degree.

RX-78

kiwifarms.net
Superhero got pirated about 10x more than Broly did, bamco reveals in an announcement: https://www.cinematoday.jp/news/N0131063
Turns out people do care about Piccolo Pan, and Gohan, they just care more about their wallet these days.

That's basically what Vegito did halfway, he was turned to candy but it didn't fully effect him, leaving his full power intact. That's the general rule, if someone is strong enough they can resist basically anything, at least to a degree.
I meant more like the ray is fired with no change taking place at all and forces Buu to get creative.

Pina Colada

Class Act with a World Class Rack
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Superhero got pirated about 10x more than Broly did, bamco reveals in an announcement: https://www.cinematoday.jp/news/N0131063
Turns out people do care about Piccolo Pan, and Gohan, they just care more about their wallet these days.
On one hand, they should have just said “Fuck it, release Super Hero as it is” after the hack, and people would’ve found out at the same time rather than be spoiled. On the other hand, pirating potentially gets you more sales by word of mouth seeing if it’s worth your time and money. Studios always get revenue from the discs sold/streaming, anyway.

Yaks

Everybody way oh!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think it's more-likely that it was pirated because of the 3D aspect. No one knew what it would look like, how shit it would be, so they took the piracy route instead of the dollars.