General Nintendo Spergery Thread - For stuff that isn't just about the Nintentards or the other franchises that have their own threads.

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Chiri

Steeeeeeee-rike!
kiwifarms.net
mp4.png (Link)
Aside from this being concerning as far as the game's development goes why ask around for a lead producer on Twitter of all places?

Gamepad

kiwifarms.net
Aside from this being concerning as far as the game's development goes why ask around for a lead producer on Twitter of all places?

A lot of places have been attempting that lately. Some are regretting it as they do background checks and simply go back to the Linkedin route when all Twitter candidates turn out to be dickwads.

Alexander Thaut

Viva Venezuela!
kiwifarms.net
A lot of places have been attempting that lately. Some are regretting it as they do background checks and simply go back to the Linkedin route when all Twitter candidates turn out to be dickwads.
This could be hilarious because some people may not understand that a developer studio of this quality isn't gonna want some Naughty Dog-level hack or someone who has social justice points.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a confession to make.

I'm as big a fan of Super Mario Bros as any gaping mouthed soyboy, is that bad?

I just really like this series, the reason I bring it up is because at the moment I'm playing the Super Mario Land games, I had never played them before, Super Mario Land 2 is especially fucking awesome and I'm thrilled to have a Mario of this era I never played before.

Alexander Thaut

Viva Venezuela!
kiwifarms.net
I have a confession to make.

I just really like this series, the reason I bring it up is because at the moment I'm playing the Super Mario Land games, I had never played them before, Super Mario Land 2 is especially fucking awesome and I'm thrilled to have a Mario of this era I never played before.
they're decent iirc.

Give the Warioland games a try too. Warioland 4 is pretty good.

Dammit Mandrake!

kiwifarms.net
No, but you are a fucking retard for even asking the question. The fuck is wrong with you, retard? The word filter is back!? @Null you nigger!

Most main-series Mario games are of excellent quality and polish and are shining examples of their genre. The worst the core games ever got was during the New Super Mario phase and that was only because they kept releasing what amounted to addon packs for the excellent New Super Mario Bros. on the DS. And 3D Mario has been consistently great, with Sunshine being the weakest entry despite being one of the better games ever made.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, but you are a fucking exceptional individual for even asking the question. The fuck is wrong with you, exceptional individual? The word filter is back!? @Null you nigger!

Most main-series Mario games are of excellent quality and polish and are shining examples of their genre. The worst the core games ever got was during the New Super Mario phase and that was only because they kept releasing what amounted to addon packs for the excellent New Super Mario Bros. on the DS. And 3D Mario has been consistently great, with Sunshine being the weakest entry despite being one of the better games ever made.
I'd like Odyssey more if the collectibles didn't border on tedious.

Collecting all the stuff in 64 works because it's kept to a manageable amount and the stages are smaller.

ForgedBlades

Milled wedges.
kiwifarms.net
SM64 is shit in the sense that it has aged like milk and was completely mogged by games released later on the 64.
Sunshine is alright.
Galaxy games are automatically shit because of motion controls.
Odyssey is overrated.

3D Mario was a mistake.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
SM64 is shit in the sense that it has aged like milk and was completely mogged by games released later on the 64.
Sunshine is alright.
Odyssey is overrated.

3D Mario was a mistake.
Yeah when they showed some shit from Odyssey I thought it was going to be like Banjo due to the sheer number of stuff you gotta get.

Banjo had a natural flow to everything and it never got tedious, especially in the Xbox 360 ports where they fixed the notes resetting. Mario that was not the case unfortunately.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
they're decent iirc.

Give the Warioland games a try too. Warioland 4 is pretty good.
I do plan on giving those a try next.

I've also been playing New Super Mario Bros on the DS, another one I never played before.

I like it too but the 3D character models don't have the charm of all 2D pixel art, I really wish the GBA had gotten an exclusive Mario instead of just ports, much like I wish Super Mario World had gotten a proper sequel on the SNES, I don't consider Yoshi's Island to count, it's a spinoff.

Considering many Nintendo franchises got all new games on the GBA like Zelda and Metroid it's a weird omission that Mario never did.

I last played it in 2017, it's definitely dated in some ways but I felt like it still held up pretty decently, I wouldn't say it "aged like milk"

Sunshine is alright.
Sunshine is fascinating, despite it's flaws what it really nails is a wonderful atmosphere, capturing the essence of a "tropical vacation"

I couldn't get into it because of the motion controls either.

Odyssey is overrated.
The only disappointment for me was the size of the levels, I was expecting big, sprawling levels but instead each of the levels were pretty tiny, which given how cool some of the themes for them were it leaves you wanting more.

But it's not at all overrated, it's crazy that it took 15 years after Sunshine for us to get another Mario in that style and yet it was 100% worth the wait.

3D Mario was a mistake.
3D Mario works better than 3D Sonic ever has.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Been playing Wario Land and honestly I don't like it nearly as much as I like the Super Mario Lands.

Wario himself looks very amusing in the game running around, but it feels pretty frustrating at times, more so than a typical Mario game, almost as if Wario himself designed it and there's too little visual variety in the levels, everything looks pretty samey, that was one thing I loved about Land 2 was the visual variety of it's levels.

Land 2 was so awesome and Wario Land feels like a pretty big step down, kind of disappointing there's not a Mario Land 3, I'm kind of hesitant to try the other games in the Warioland series now, are they better than the first?

Dr. Geronimo

How do I look, yellow n'wah?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My beef with odyssey is that it makes you 'find the fun' there are hints and shit, but once you find the obvious moons you have to figure out what the fuck the game wants you to do.

Probably why I'm such a dicksucker for 3D World

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Finished Wario Land, thank goodness.

Tell me, are the sequels a big improvement? Don't think I'm going to dive right into those for right now.

Alexander Thaut

Viva Venezuela!
kiwifarms.net
Finished Wario Land, thank goodness.

Tell me, are the sequels a big improvement? Don't think I'm going to dive right into those for right now.
it gets better, the 4th one is beloved

i mean

21185036.jpg

it's really beloved, people have put quasi-academic tier work on it lmao.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wario Land is not a legally recognized territory or country, it's not on any of the maps in mario lore.

Also you would think Land would be a great sister series to Mainline Mario and be more daring, experimental, and inventive with it's platformer mechanics, but Wario has now been just regulated to minigames.