Diseased #Comicsgate - The Culture Wars Hit The Funny Books!

CapeKnight

kiwifarms.net
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH, comics deserve to die.

Card got blacklisted early on. Why Richard and the CG crowd are full of shit when they act like the comic industry just got infested out of nowhere. Card happened in 2013.

Chuck Dixon from 2003

"In 2003, I was asked to apologize to an editor for remarks I made in an interview. I had expressed an opinion about Marvel’s decision to portray Rawhide Kid as gay. I felt that, if they were serious about having a gay character, they should have created a new character for that role. It turned out they weren’t terribly serious, after all. But I was labeled a homophobe. This editor, at DC Comics, is gay and complained to the publisher that he was offended by my remarks and demanded an apology. I was told that I could not work for them unless I apologized. I called this editor, whom I had known for over ten years at the time and worked for often, and told him that I said nothing meant to offend anyone and would not apologize or change my opinion. I went on the black list."

Miller around the same time.

"I was ‘warned’ to stop discussing the homosexual issue by my then ‘Adventures of Superman’ editor, Eddie Berganza, then later ‘warned’ to stop espousing any and all political beliefs by my then ‘JLA’ editor, Dan Raspler. I complied with both of these requests, mind you, that didn’t stop the campaign to get me blacklisted."

What happened was christians and social conservatives got tagged early and often around the turn of the century. It's why I don't mind Wormie or others walking. People like @FROG and Richard want to paint a false narrative this was all Axel Alonso in 2015-17.
The SJW infestation of things took place in education before it leapt into mass control like how it has over things now in entertainment. It's really just post-modernism thinking, and everything is subjective, everything is a social construct yadda yadda yadda.

Funny, because the guy who came up with the "social constructionist" theory also admitted he was bullshitting about it. Then there's the subjective claims, and how it's applied to art. You can measure it objectively given the right criteria and removing personal preferences from the equation to remove bias. EVS, Malin, and all these other guys still left in the CG buy into the "art is subjective" claims, so they're already partway following those post-modernist thinking SJWs fully embrace.

TheCosmicWarrior

Jon Del Arroz, #ComicsGate Related
kiwifarms.net
you can't fund anything. From a purely mechanical level the lower page is intricate and a level of craftsmanship that would take an expert days to craft, weeks for @FROG.
We are truly a hug box CG shill. Surely you have realized this.

Because the dirty unwashed CG masses will buy anything Frog shits out? Oh, and the reasons the 90s comics sold was a thing called the Speculator bubble. Not because EXTREME artwork was better than Steve Ditko or John Romita.

Jon that's why you can't fund anything. From a purely mechanical level the lower page is intricate and a level of craftsmanship that would take an expert days to craft, weeks for @FROG.

It's like comparing the Last Supper to 32 Campbel's Soup Cans as equal works of artistic technique.

He should. Either grapple with the cancel culture he helped create or get out.

Great stuff. I'm torn on the Blake/Dynamite shit. On the one hand, believe what you want. On the other, your beliefs are terrible and you really aren't very good at your jobs to begin with.

What Dynamite/Blake are doing here has been covered. Its pay to play. You throw some laurel leaves at the weirdos and they leave you be. That's enabling these people. Which to my mind makes them enablers of SJW comics culture. Like SGM, they deserve the culture they've enabled.
This is the funniest shit I've seen in weeks. How big of a dumbass do you have to be to be like "don't buy this book on my shelf that I paid for to stock!"

Nihil Jung

Stuntin bitch in brave new world
kiwifarms.net
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH, comics deserve to die.

Card got blacklisted early on. Why Richard and the CG crowd are full of shit when they act like the comic industry just got infested out of nowhere. Card happened in 2013.

Chuck Dixon from 2003

"In 2003, I was asked to apologize to an editor for remarks I made in an interview. I had expressed an opinion about Marvel’s decision to portray Rawhide Kid as gay. I felt that, if they were serious about having a gay character, they should have created a new character for that role. It turned out they weren’t terribly serious, after all. But I was labeled a homophobe. This editor, at DC Comics, is gay and complained to the publisher that he was offended by my remarks and demanded an apology. I was told that I could not work for them unless I apologized. I called this editor, whom I had known for over ten years at the time and worked for often, and told him that I said nothing meant to offend anyone and would not apologize or change my opinion. I went on the black list."

Miller around the same time.

"I was ‘warned’ to stop discussing the homosexual issue by my then ‘Adventures of Superman’ editor, Eddie Berganza, then later ‘warned’ to stop espousing any and all political beliefs by my then ‘JLA’ editor, Dan Raspler. I complied with both of these requests, mind you, that didn’t stop the campaign to get me blacklisted."

What happened was christians and social conservatives got tagged early and often around the turn of the century. It's why I don't mind Wormie or others walking. People like @FROG and Richard want to paint a false narrative this was all Axel Alonso in 2015-17.
Bonus is that the shop has had to limp by on crowdfunding to stay afloat since. Only marxists would decry the capitalist system and shirk things like marketability, customers and sales to then use their own slavewage-wages (or dole) to put their corporate trinket sellers on life-support. Raw, raw, fight the powah!

This is the funniest shit I've seen in weeks. How big of a dumbass do you have to be to be like "don't buy this book on my shelf that I paid for to stock!"
It'd be a smart if they were looking for spite buys, I'd fucking buy it just to see the look on their face as I bring it and the sign to the cash register. And I hate CS. I'd ask them to autograph the sign too.

CapeKnight

kiwifarms.net
I took a look at what The Comic Book Hut has been up to, and I noticed he had PP on for a small interview whilst he drew a character from the ComicsGate TM Shared Universe Wiki.

The main part of the stream is when PP comes on and starts talking, which is only around 20-30 minutes long. I have to say, PP looks drunk from the moment he came on till the moment he left. Not exactly how you want to go into an interview, especially since he was there to basically talk about the thing he's been supposedly working on. I didn't really watch the rest of the stream properly since it's just Hut drawing and talking to the chat after Preston left.

Main takeaway though, is that Preston's ownership of the trademark is in jeopardy, since Cridious has first claims over it, he just needs to put out a product and use the trademark soon. As I understand it though, because I've taken a look at the Wiki itself, the Shared Universe idea isn't reliant on the trademark to move forward.

The most telling thing about PP's character though, was when he was asked by someone in the chat who superchatted the Hut about his favorite books and characters, which led to PP saying Spider-Man may have inspired him to become a chemist. You know, even a kindergarten kid whose seen the movies could kinda tell Peter Parker's real passion was photography, despite being into science. Also, in regards to their favorite books, the Hut brought up Secret Wars, whilst Preston brought up his own book. Says he just keeps re-reading it.

So here's where I cut straight through the bullshit:

I don't think Preston even cares about Comic books. Probably because he was drunk, he admitted that he got into comics because he couldn't pitch his story in Hollywood so he came into comics as a way to circumvent that. Basically, he's using comics as a shortcut to get his Hollywood deal. Typical move, predominantly put into application by SJWs with their eyes on the Netflix deal. I'm sure the people who've been supporting Poulter are going to get a rude awakening once the news breaks to them, if they've even bothered to look that the person leading their charge is only in it to nope out later. A lot of them have turned a blind eye to his stuff being exposed (with good reason, even I don't want to see that shit), but this is top notch failure to follow through, because he thought it was a good idea to troll CG by trademarking it, but then stupidly decided to not lay out the proper paper work and follow up on it to secure it properly once he decided to actually use it. Also, bringing up your book as being your favorite is pretty narcissistic. The question wasn't "which book was your favorite to work on?"

Since you're here, @TheCosmicWarrior , why don't you let us know how you feel about the future of your "certification process" in regards to your books? I noticed you didn't certify your newer works either.

TheCosmicWarrior

Jon Del Arroz, #ComicsGate Related
kiwifarms.net
It'd be a smart if they were looking for spite buys, I'd fucking buy it just to see the look on their face as I bring it and the sign to the cash register. And I hate CS. I'd ask them to autograph the sign too.
I thought the exact same thing. Anyone know what shop this is? Someone should go in and film it.

I don't think the store owner is that smart though. It looks sincere.

Since you're here, @TheCosmicWarrior , why don't you let us know how you feel about the future of your "certification process" in regards to your books? I noticed you didn't certify your newer works either.
I'm not involved in any certification process. You'll have to ask Preston. I like this certification though from when comics weren't degenerate:

107384431_10214853253598089_7960778985684825746_o.jpg

SuiSui1

kiwifarms.net
Going back to Liam's artist getting poached. I hope he plays his cards smarter than Ritter. I mean Ritter got paid what? 5-15k while Frog raked in hundreds of thousands if not a million+ dollars from all those variant campaigns? If I was going to work with Frog, I would want a % of all campaigns that uses my coloring or work in addition to being paid up front..

WhimsicalTrolli

kiwifarms.net
Going back to Liam's artist getting poached. I hope he plays his cards smarter than Ritter. I mean Ritter got paid what? 5-15k while Frog raked in hundreds of thousands if not a million+ dollars from all those variant campaigns? If I was going to work with Frog, I would want a % of all campaigns that uses my coloring or work in addition to being paid up front..
He'll pay you in ribbit coins and dox your PayPal information.

TrunksFromDragonballGT

My pronouns are he and her
kiwifarms.net
if that’s the case, then I don’t think you would find very many big name Independant guys to work with you. Who would actually do that? The colorist, artist, whatever sets their price up front and if the creator agrees with it he pays. I mean that’s like you contracting me to erect a building for your business and then you proceed to make millions from said business. Should I be getting a percentage of that, in addition to what you paid me? Being a colorist is Kyle’s job and right now he has steady work due to Ethan other CGers and isn’t hurting for money. Doing something like that would hurt his business. Plus we really don’t know what Ethan paid Kyle other than the extra ten grand he got when Rekt Planet met a stretch goal.

Mister Dongs

kiwifarms.net
Kyle Ritter is the guy who, despite being a complete unknown, commands one of the highest rates for a colorist job in the industry with his work on Cyberfrog, while also raising $164,000 for his own IP Starblades despite having zero marketing ability of his own due to his disability, right? Yes, he was really hard done by from his association with Frog.

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
Although Frog has asked if Odysseus is in an exclusive contract with Liam (he was until recently), and has expressed an interest in "American Manga" under ALL CAPS publishing, I'd be more inclined to believe it if Frog had ever "poached" anyone in the past and that this wasn't such an easy button to manipulate Liam with that, after enough wormtonguing, he's claiming that Nasser has attempted to "poach" his employer Joseph White.

As it is, I err towards believing Frog asked out of veiled concern for Liam or, more cynically, does not intend on an impressive prospect like Ody leaving Comicsgate in the face of unscrupulous creators or Liam leaving.
I am not now offering, nor have I ever tried to offer Ody work. He's great, but I don't have anything for him to do. If I did, I wouldn't hesitate to make the offer, because freelancers need high paying jobs.

"Poaching" isn't a thing. Talented people are in high demand, and that means bids for their work should be competitive. I think they'd like to hear the offers.

I will say that putting someone under an exclusive contract without giving them an abundance of work to fill their days isn't right. It doesn't make any sense.

But again, this all stems from Liam's paranoia and people exploiting it for laughs.

I have three jobs.

Caanan White is doing FEARSOME when he finishes his other obligations

I found an illustrator for the CyberFrog children's story.

I'm pretty sure I've got the illustrator for American Manga. It isn't Ody. He's a regular on my livestreams.

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
Good luck. Literally no one will hire you.

CYBERFROG is my IP. I pay the people who work on it better than mainstream rates, and I pay them IMMEDIATELY upon my satisfaction with the work via paypal. You won't find that situation anywhere else.

Sometimes I pay bonuses. Kyle got $10,000 cash for BLOODHONEY and again for REKT PLANET, because I like his work and he deserves it.

People, especially colorists, who want percentages and to share in the profits of characters and stories that they didn't create and do not own aren't going to find a home in the mainstream or the independents. You get work-for-hire or you create your own thing, which Kyle did.

jspit

kiwifarms.net
Good luck. Literally no one will hire you.

CYBERFROG is my IP. I pay the people who work on it better than mainstream rates, and I pay them IMMEDIATELY upon my satisfaction with the work via paypal. You won't find that situation anywhere else.

Sometimes I pay bonuses. Kyle got $10,000 cash for BLOODHONEY and again for REKT PLANET, because I like his work and he deserves it.

People, especially colorists, who want percentages and to share in the profits of characters and stories that they didn't create and do not own aren't going to find a home in the mainstream or the independents. You get work-for-hire or you create your own thing, which Kyle did.
From memory, I think your colorists have spoken highly of you, except for Moose.

Oh, while I'm thinking of it, ice burn on Dan Shahin. It was a highlight in an otherwise terrible stream. Might be one of your worst.

So, a terrible CG killstream.

Oz needs to get better weirdos. Bullying twitless, who admits he's another thirsty wannabe with a high pitched voice, is fun for a little bit. I blame Frog. I don't know why but he's usually at fault.

Richard continues to review comics in between editorial reviews. He's mostly run out of gas. He's more excited by his own projects than a mainstream he no longer respects and that has gone from an ironically funny parody of itself to mostly just a sad one.

CG Satan Axel Alonso appeared on Dan shaheen's channel. Axel brought such gems as Ms. Marvel and America during his time as EIC. He starts about his EIC time at 40:48. He immediately plays politics, bringing up Miles and mentioning criticism specifically from Fox News and Sean Hannity. Muh racism. 41:28.

He then argues that Cap Falcon sold same as Steve Rodgers and that Female Thor sold better.

Others have covered that this isn't necessarily true. That Axel over shipped and cut corners in order to make more money of an inferior product. The fact is that once gimmicks died down these characters don't sell, at all. Dan just nods like a dumbass.

Axel has zero self awareness, he refuses to acknowledge that he killed Marvels hottest IPs outside of a handful of titles.

Oh, Dan's also interviewing Noah Van Sciver July 14.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

annnanovichova

kiwifarms.net
LOL! Discovery will be fun.
The moment they start the suit, I will publish emails I received from few of them in which they say stuff like "white people are evil" by currently up and coming authresses.
(I clearly won't be doing it now, because I don't have patience for being beaten to death by their tweets and I do think they are all idiots not worth the hassle, because in few short years they will eat themselves alive. It's already happening.)

And about the whisper network- they don't see it as such, but more like a girls supporting girls in the industry, but it makes so much sense. It's hard to prove and I'm not insane enough to comb through bajilion of twitts, but there has been a pattern where new topic would show up or new vocabulary was used by multiple people at the same time and it was clear they were talking together. Always same people promoting other people and I was honestly surprised how they were able to get money on kickstarter if they never had a proper ad campaign including actual authors with actual following. During few anthologies campaigns I took part in I had to beg for or even make a promo image, because it was not given. But others from the group would always promo it.

But it won't work for much longer, as they pretty much got rid of people with talent that actually were customers bait. Now they are going to have to eat their own and I'm here for it.

Small things coming together, I guess.