• ”The people on Stormfront are of far higher quality than the sociopathic garbage here, intellectually and morally.”

Diseased #ComicsgateThe Culture Wars Hit The Funny Books!

Discussion in 'Community Watch' started by neural, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Always chuckle when I remember Kwanza once arguing that people don't like his comic because "I'm black and people don't like me" is "intellectually challenging" as a premise and comic readers just can't handle the high level of thought that goes into a story about black people facing segregation level discrimination.

I would think that's low hanging fruit but maybe I'm not an intellectual. Maybe it's like how mega-corporations and celebrities are "#Woke"

• Like Like x 5
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  2. It’s a method they use to exclude people they can’t relate to. It’s about sticking with your tribe and alienating/identifying those that may challenge your views and keeping them away by blocking or calling them nazi bigots.

• Agree Agree x 8
    kiwifarms.net
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  3. The thing that I love about the whole Comicsgate thing is that it's giving ham and eggers like me a say. Throwing money at Jawbreakers and Cyberfrog is a gigantic fuck you to these hell hags and their pet bois. Money talks bullshit walks.

The average person supporting these projects appear to be somewhat well adjusted, probably a lot of them have decent jobs and plenty of disposable income. While a few SJW'S have conned their way into cushy jobs, the people they're preaching to are complete wrecks. Ramen connoisseurs who are 4 months behind on the rent.

• Feels Feels x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    Starscreams Cape

Starscreams Cape Read my posts in his voice

kiwifarms.net
  4. Anyone who self-describes as queer is almost always a boring white girl that is in a heterosexual relationship but calls herself non-binary and one time in college kissed a girl on a dare while drunk.

• Winner Winner x 26
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Chan the Wizard

Chan the Wizard My Gemsona is autistic

kiwifarms.net
  5. Back in my day (when I had an onion on my belt) we called 'em LUGs: Lesbian Until Graduation.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Mola Ram

Mola Ram Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole

kiwifarms.net
  6. Rainbow backpacks, pageboy haircuts, an indigo girls tape permanently jammed in the car's cassette player.

23 years later, it's two kids, volkswagen compact-SUV, a slight mom gut, and saving up to get the tramp stamp off of their ass curve.

• Winner Winner x 14
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    thx1138

thx1138 Are you now, or have you ever been?

kiwifarms.net
  7. EVS has left DC

• Feels Feels x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Hatoful Dandy

Hatoful Dandy Minstrel of Sorrow

kiwifarms.net
  8. So the rumors were true then. When you pull in $200k on a cyber frog comic you’re outlook isn’t too bad.

Would love to see him become a publisher and take on shitty indie crap like Iron Circus. Put out better comics that don’t suck.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  9. He talked about it a while back (I forgot to drop it here). He left from the toxiticy coming from both Pros and SJWs coming after him. He will come back once he’s had his fun pursuing his CyberFrogs and YT Channel ventures.

• Informative Informative x 3
    damian

damian Not *cough* Zack.

kiwifarms.net
  10. Honestly, I think this video means he's burnt his bridges at the Big 2, whether he realizes it or not.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 9
    Elwood P. Dowd

Elwood P. Dowd Here, let me give you one of my cards.

kiwifarms.net
  11. Yea, this guy sounds like a total hate-filled, Nazi radical.

I also had a bit of an epiphany and want to see what you think. What if DC is giving Vertigo, a nothing imprint these days, over to these SJW hacks as a strategic containment move? Maybe it's a way for them to protect their historic brands from the clutches of these ghouls. They can always say "hey, we're progressive, see!" while relegating these fucktards to the basement to yell and scream all they want while the adults are upstairs getting work done. I know they hired Bendis, who is almost as bad, but he appears to be reigned in on Man of Steel so far.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 10
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    #2712 Starscreams Cape, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Starscreams Cape

Starscreams Cape Read my posts in his voice

kiwifarms.net
  12. Or that the current climate is not going to be kind to him and anyone the SJW brigade decide to ruin on a whim. It helps that now he's able to go work on a personal project he's put aside because he's gained enough of a following to be able to crowdfund it and be happy working on it (as evident with his anecdote about Jimmy Palmiotti not inking or pencilling his own stuff anymore because it 'doesn't pay the bills')

The parasites, on the other hand, don't care about working cheap (thank you, Patreon and hipster welfare) so long as they get to take over and use popular characters to spread their rhetoric.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    #2713 Hatoful Dandy, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Hatoful Dandy

Hatoful Dandy Minstrel of Sorrow

kiwifarms.net
  13. I don’t think so, he’s on friendly terms with most of the higher ups at DC. Marvel bridge is definitely nuked tho.

Who hit the replay button?:

Returning "By Popular Demand":
    Unstoppable Wasp: Last issue made a little over 6.5K orders
    page.png
    Iceman: Last issue made 10K orders
    page (1).png

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    #2714 damian, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2018
    damian

damian Not *cough* Zack.

kiwifarms.net
  14. Most notably DC's longtime golden boy, Geoff Johns (though Scott Snyder may take that title), who is a frequent collaborator of his. To be honest, I time it was time for Ethan to go focus on his creator-owned projects because he gave fourteen years of his life to the company. He deserves the success he is getting with his crowdfunding efforts.

Also, there is something about the culture of DC that makes it more approachable than Marvel. Say what you want about Dan Didio, but he is a guy who wants you to read his books with the passion and energy to back it up. Similarly, Jim Lee is pleasant to the fans with a passion for the medium. Meanwhile, I really don't get that vibe from Marvel and miserable assholes like Tom Brevoort who seem like they're trying to turn the house Stan built into an IP for Disney's marketing machine. They are riding the coattails of the MCU and it is really the serpent eating its own tail since most of the MCU adapts much of its material from the comics prior to 2008.

In any case, I have little doubt that Dan, Jim, and Geoff could convince Ethan to freelance for them at some point in the future.

Anyone want to bet that neither title makes it to issue twelve?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Jetpack Himmler

Jetpack Himmler Proud Wasteland Ghoul

kiwifarms.net
  15. Geoff JOHN’S has left DC and is now working directly for WB.

• Informative Informative x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  16. If you were basing it on a rational review of unit sales I doubt either would make it to Issue 6.

But this is Marvel 2018 we're talking about, where sales are at best a secondary concern. And trolling long-term fans and virtue signalling to a population that doesn't buy comics is all that matters. Hard to say, but while I wouldn't bet one of them does make it, it wouldn't shock me either. Probably Ice Fag.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Elwood P. Dowd

Elwood P. Dowd Here, let me give you one of my cards.

kiwifarms.net
  17. this is Marvel's deliberate push to lay the groundwork for MCU 2.0 featuring cheap nobodies instead of expensive stars in every position from the actors to the writing room, churning out formulaic capeshit garbage but all of it dripping in diversity and progressiveness to hopefully catch Black Panther's lightning in a jar over and over again

• Agree Agree x 3
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  18. You mean the same company who has pretty much no control over its movie division due to Disney effectively ripping it away from them? Because it just looks like a failing cult who'd rather burn with "purity" due to being run by the fucking idiots they pay peanuts for and can and should gut with a whim than a business.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Adamska

Adamska Last Gunman
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. Functionally the same, if you look at how Disney has treated the Star Wars license by running it into the ground in an effort to make more, cheaper, quicker titles and "expand" the universe with diversity and virtue signalling characters you haven't heard of and didn't ask for, so they can spin off even more franchises....

DC appears to still be run by people who, in their hearts, love comics.

Marvel is run by people who love being comic creators because that makes them gatekeepers of the media and therefore able (in their own minds anyway) to purify it of toxic wrongness and heresy and makes them the most popular and adored signaler among all their peers.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 9
    TowinKarz

TowinKarz Actually WILL Call Somebody.....

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.